Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's new CEO - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3825 Views )

CHAZumaru
59th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's new CEO" , posted Tue 8 Mar 01:53post reply

SHOKKU!!

No Ken Shikakutaragi as CEO for 2005.

Someone is going to regret bashing his fellow Sony executives a few weeks ago ふふふ

Replies:

Iggy
5978th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 02:49post reply

And he's going to devote all his strength to the videogame market.

more shikakui trouble ahead.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

Mokona
233th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 03:17post reply

quote:
SHOKKU!!

Someone is going to regret bashing his fellow Sony executives a few weeks ago ふふふ

I'm curious to see how this is going to go. Especially for the japanese execs at Sony Japan...

Blah!

Burning Ranger
1094th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 03:31post reply

quote:
And he's going to devote all his strength to the videogame market.

more shikakui trouble ahead.

To defeat the Gaijin, one must become the Gaijin.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Undead Fred
2190th Post

"Re(3):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 05:14post reply

So, can someone summarize the articles? Did the head of Sony USA take over Sony Japan too? Does that mean the Japanese aren't allowed to have 2D games either?

Maou
488th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 05:21post reply

An American? At Sony Japan!? How can this be?
尊皇攘夷!!
This is grounds for a terrible hilarious movie about the cultural differences one American man finds in Japan before learning to sympathize with the "Japanese way of business!"
Expell the barbarians!

....woah.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Undead Fred
2191th Post

"Re(5):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 05:29post reply

quote:
An American? At Sony Japan!? How can this be?

Yeah, are you guys sure this is real? It just sounds really weird... "Hi, I'm from America and I don't speak Japanese and I have no idea about your culture or ways of doing business, but I'm calling the shots from now on."

HAYATO
316th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 05:44post reply

Behold the signs of time!!! The END is near !!!!

Cain Highwind
520th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 06:35post reply

The one thing I don't like about this, is this might mean Japan will start seeing the decline of 2D releases just as the US has.

Undead Fred
2194th Post

"Re(8):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 06:58:post reply

quote:
The one thing I don't like about this, is this might mean Japan will start seeing the decline of 2D releases just as the US has.

Precisely. "No, no... you Japanese really don't like 2D and you know it. Now just put... that... down... and take this nice 3D copy of American Chopper."

EDIT: Oh yeah, English article is here.

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Tue 8 Mar 07:05]

Phoenix
750th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(9):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 07:07post reply

More and more I hear about crap like this, more and more I actually want to support the Xbox. I mean it's not like Sony will ever go away anyways. As much as I like importing...

Maou
490th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's " , posted Tue 8 Mar 07:21post reply

quote:
More and more I hear about crap like this, more and more I actually want to support the Xbox.

I have to admit, I might actually think about becoming one of the massive 10,000 person owner base of Japanese Xboxes when the next one comes around if this has its big effects. That, Sakaguchi producing for XBox, and the thought of owning more incredible Sega games I never got to own like Jet Set Radio and Panzer Dragoon Orta just might make me do the unthinkable.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

legalstep
59th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 07:44post reply

quote:
SHOKKU!!

You should have titled this Gaijin assumes CEO role, a nation weeps. This is sure to shake up Microsoft so much that Steve Ballmer replaces himself with that guy from Square.

CHAZumaru
60th Post

Occasional Customer

"WHA-!?" , posted Tue 8 Mar 08:16post reply

quote:

EDIT: Oh yeah, English article is here.

WHA-!? Now Kutachan is kicked out of the WHOLE BOARD !?

D
   R
  A
 M
  A
   !

Pollyanna
912th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):WHA-!?" , posted Tue 8 Mar 09:14post reply

Wow. I didn't expect this big of a reaction.

Bata kun
2531th Post

"Ayaya?" , posted Tue 8 Mar 09:40post reply

[sarcasm]What's a gaijin?[/sarcasm]

KTallguy
555th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Ayaya?" , posted Tue 8 Mar 12:19post reply

Is this going to be a horrible thing?

I mean, the guy is going to be mainly fixing the 'electronics' division. It looks like he'll be focusing on the dropping sales of TVs and Sony Audio stuff... not PS.

The people at Sony would have to be VERY stupid to kill 2D games in Japan. If they sold more in America, they would be more available, but 2D games aren't seen as 'hip' here...

Of course, maybe I'm taking everyone's sarcasm too seriously. =P

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Undead Fred
2194th Post

"Re(2):Ayaya?" , posted Tue 8 Mar 13:01post reply

quote:
Is this going to be a horrible thing?

I mean, the guy is going to be mainly fixing the 'electronics' division. It looks like he'll be focusing on the dropping sales of TVs and Sony Audio stuff... not PS.

The people at Sony would have to be VERY stupid to kill 2D games in Japan. If they sold more in America, they would be more available, but 2D games aren't seen as 'hip' here...

Of course, maybe I'm taking everyone's sarcasm too seriously. =P

Yeah, the English article made me feel a bit better, but those initial posts had me thinking he was taking over the PlayStation operations, which would probably be a bad thing.

But yeah, I really think 2D games would have stayed just fine in America if Sony USA hadn't taken it upon themselves to cut back on 2D releases.

sabo10
1137th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Dirty gaijin beats Ken-chan as Sony's n" , posted Tue 8 Mar 18:20post reply

This thread is an Unmissable Example of New Games Journalism!!