Killer 7 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3204 Views )

Iggy
5976th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Killer 7" , posted Mon 7 Mar 20:17post reply

It doesn't get old.

Also, there's a bit of Bio talk in there. Definitely worth a check.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

Replies:

CPSIII
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Killer 7" , posted Tue 8 Mar 05:35post reply

quote:
It doesn't get old.

Also, there's a bit of Bio talk in there. Definitely worth a check.

Will it ever be released?

How are you doin'

Baines
39th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Killer 7" , posted Tue 8 Mar 09:36post reply

quote:
Will it ever be released?

Of course not. Capcom probably cannot release it without being embarassed. Far more likely for them to just continue throwing money at it until people eventually forget it exists.

(I will wager Killer 7 will sell poorly. It will get average or even below average game reviews. It will be somewhere between PN03 and Viewtiful Joe. If it had been released when originally planned, Capcom would have called it a failure, blaming the Gamecube, Mikami, and PS4 as per usual. After all this time, it will probably still be the same performance, except Capcom will have spent who knows how much time and money continuing a project that was always going to be a niche game with low sales. The actual market release will be a much bigger embarassment now, at least until people start to forget about it.)

KTallguy
556th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Killer 7" , posted Tue 8 Mar 12:23post reply

quote:

(I will wager Killer 7 will sell poorly. It will get average or even below average game reviews. It will be somewhere between PN03 and Viewtiful Joe. If it had been released when originally planned, Capcom would have called it a failure, blaming the Gamecube, Mikami, and PS4 as per usual. After all this time, it will probably still be the same performance, except Capcom will have spent who knows how much time and money continuing a project that was always going to be a niche game with low sales. The actual market release will be a much bigger embarassment now, at least until people start to forget about it.)

I dunno man... everyone bashes Capcom, but they take a lot of risks by greenlighting games like this. They earn my respect with games like Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7... at least they were original concepts.

I'm hoping Killer 7 doesn't suck. If anything, it'll be an interesting experience, but it's to early to tell.

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Ishmael
1876th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Killer 7" , posted Wed 9 Mar 01:54post reply

quote:
I dunno man... everyone bashes Capcom, but they take a lot of risks by greenlighting games like this. They earn my respect with games like Viewtiful Joe and Killer 7... at least they were original concepts.

I'm hoping Killer 7 doesn't suck. If anything, it'll be an interesting experience, but it's to early to tell.

Taking creative risks is a good thing but I'm not sure if the route Killer 7 seems to have taken is the best way to go about it. From what I can tell a snazzy title and a particular visual style were settled on for Killer 7 long before the producers knew what kind of game they wanted it to be. Heck, I'm still not sure they know. Spending so much effort creating and promoting a game before you even have the basics of the game engine settled on seems like a backwards way of working to me.

It's a shame Killer 7 has become the punchline to a joke but every delay and vauge article describing the game made it harder and harder to take seriously. I don't know the details behind making five game exclusive for the GC but I doubt it's going to be remembered as one of Capcom's better moments.

As for Killer 7 itself, if/when it does get released I expect it won't be as bad as people feared it might be nor will it be revolutionary. Capcom is probably going through a lot of work for a neat looking, mediocre game. But, hey, at least they already have a toy deal already lined up.

Iggy
5982th Post

"Re(5):Killer 7" , posted Wed 9 Mar 02:37post reply

quote:
It's a shame Killer 7 has become the punchline to a joke but every delay and vauge article describing the game made it harder and harder to take seriously. I don't know the details behind making five game exclusive for the GC but I doubt it's going to be remembered as one of Capcom's better moments.

On one hand, you're right. On the other, I'm still buying the game the day it's released, if I'm not dead by the time this happens.

Baines
40th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Killer 7" , posted Wed 9 Mar 07:39post reply

quote:
On the other, I'm still buying the game the day it's released, if I'm not dead by the time this happens.

Every few months, I plan to buy it. Then it gets delayed again.

I bought Viewtiful Joe, and got PN03 used. I'm still waiting for Killer 7.

But I still think Killer 7 was always destined to be a low seller and potentially to even tank ala PN03.

Everything out of Production Studio 4 except the RE games were niche games from the start. PN03 is a 2D shooter in a 3D third person engine. Viewtiful Joe is a hard 2D beat'em up in a very stylized 3D cel-shaded engine. Dead Phoenix looked like a 3D Legendary Wings, another shooter. All three of these were niche genres. As for Killer 7, all we were told was atmosphere. When gameplay details started coming through, it looked like this was going to be another niche engine with niche styling.

It is not going to find any kind of market that will make Capcom happy. It never was. (And even if a miracle happened and it received critical acclaim, which I don't expect, Viewtiful Joe 2's reception might hurt Capcom's view of even that. But that is another story, since VJ2 deserved weak response.)

Iggy
6013th Post

"SUMMER !" , posted Fri 11 Mar 19:16post reply

Hooray for the delay !

Also, bits of scenario I'm too tired to read.