More Negibako infos. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (5416 Views )

NARUTO
2936th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"More Negibako infos." , posted Mon 7 Mar 19:01post reply

Well since they comes from the arcadia, I'm maybe late, but if you didn't have the book it may be new for you.

1st of all the book shows Mars people and Athena, we have a full character art, and a screenshot, if nothing great can be said about MP, Athena seems to have a new move that looks like a somersault with her "fish-tail".

Jenjuro, Kaede and Washizuka are shown in some screen nothing great here, except maybe Kaede who seems to have a new move (not sure)were he made an huge spark in his hand.

Haohmaru show some nice stuff, for exemple he seems to have a move where a SS power bar appear in the middle of the screen and turn full, then you have as usual the burning kanji next to the bar. It seems to be the move he does in the new vid with his hair going upward. Haohmaru got hid HCB,F punch DM, the huge forward slash from SS2 with a new and really nice energy ball effect on it.

Some little stuff about Akari, (2p color is black) were Jyuzo comes to help, and her huge bell move. (note: the bell looks somehow different)

And we finish with Asura (2P color is red with black hair, that turns yellow) nothing really new except (once again) a moves where he makes some kind of shield in front of him, and many spike that goes forward from that shield. Maybe red falcoon will tell more about this one...

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

Replies:

Cain Highwind
519th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):More Negibako infos." , posted Mon 7 Mar 19:06post reply

Thanks for the info Naruto.

I'm thinking, just a theory, that the reason Athena isn't in the main roster yet is because maybe they're working on all the Animal tranformations for the characters? Just a theory.

Shingo The One
439th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):More Nejibako infos." , posted Mon 7 Mar 20:04post reply

quote:
Thanks for the info Naruto.

I'm thinking, just a theory, that the reason Athena isn't in the main roster yet is because maybe they're working on all the Animal tranformations for the characters? Just a theory.

Thanks for the long awaited Arcadia Nejibako summary my friend.
As for that move you mentioned where Kaede has that launch hand upwards and huge spark appears attack, you see that in the latest trailer(the AOU one)just before his D(ouble)-Assault early in the trailer.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Iggy
5975th Post

"Re(2):More Negibako infos." , posted Mon 7 Mar 20:13post reply

quote:

My own theory is that she will be only playable if you buy her via AW-NET. And I find it far more plausible.
If we count a toned down version of the 3 (4?) bosses, it makes 5-6 AW characters, it sounds plausible.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

Shingo The One
440th Post

Gold Customer

"New Nejibako shots" , posted Mon 7 Mar 20:24post reply

quote:

My own theory is that she will be only playable if you buy her via AW-NET. And I find it far more plausible.
If we count a toned down version of the 3 (4?) bosses, it makes 5-6 AW characters, it sounds plausible.

Hey Iggy-san, SNK Playmore now has the latest Nejibako pics from the latest Arcadia.Here's the link:
www.snkplaymore.jp/official/nbc/screenshots/index.html
The latest shots are always on top.

Phoenix
749th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):More Negibako infos." , posted Tue 8 Mar 04:52post reply

Iggy...you've actually got the masses calling this game Nejibako. Oh, the humanity~!

Red Falcon
5407th Post

"Re(1):More Negibako infos." , posted Tue 8 Mar 06:31post reply

quote:
And we finish with Asura (2P color is red with black hair, that turns yellow) nothing really new except (once again) a moves where he makes some kind of shield in front of him, and many spike that goes forward from that shield. Maybe red falcoon will tell more about this one...

Yeah, the bell looks different (bad, IMO) and the shield is a counter move. He summons up the shield and if he's hit, the spikes fly out and impale the opponent. He also seems to have a new super where a HUGE spear comes out of the ground. This makes me wonder if he'll still be able to do powered versions of his other moves when his meter is full (double scythe swing, many arrows, many spears, etc.)

Best site EVER:Link Here

Iggy
5980th Post

"Re(2):More Negibako infos." , posted Tue 8 Mar 07:52post reply

Phoenix : fufufufufufufu...
quote:
This makes me wonder if he'll still be able to do powered versions of his other moves when his meter is full (double scythe swing, many arrows, many spears, etc.)

I think the number of arrows depends on the button (up to 3 I think?) so it may depend of the moves.
As for Akari's bell, the woman has two faces, a human and a devil one. The human face wasn't pretty either in the original game... I have the feeling it's the same, but bigger and with a weird blur filter (but I don't like Akari, so I don't know).

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

Red Falcon
5411th Post

"Re(3):More Negibako infos." , posted Tue 8 Mar 08:00:post reply

quote:
I have the feeling it's the same, but bigger and with a weird blur filter (but I don't like Akari, so I don't know).

It isn't the same( I play Gekka more than any other fighter.) It's MUCH uglier.

Edit: And yeah, you used to be able to shoot multiple arrows depending on the button, but if you hit both when his meter is full, he shoots 4. Edit edit: And while I'm thinking about it, that "hand spark" of Kaede's isn't new, either; it's the last hit of his hcf + C move (which launches)

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Tue 8 Mar 08:13]

Bata kun
2531th Post

"Eh?" , posted Tue 8 Mar 08:30:post reply

For a moment, I though there's a new game called "Negi Battle Coliseum". I wouldn't mind having Konami let me show that Asuna who's the boss with my Ayaka. Ha ha ha! XD

Seriously though, I'll give out my real thoughts later.

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Tue 8 Mar 08:32]

Shingo The One
443th Post

Gold Customer

"New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Wed 9 Mar 01:04:post reply

quote:

Hey Iggy-san, SNK Playmore now has the latest Nejibako pics from the latest Arcadia.Here's the link:
www.snkplaymore.jp/official/nbc/screenshots/index.html
The latest shots are always on top.

Hey guys, Nejibako will have three loke tests this weekend in Kanagawa, Osaka and Tokyo.Thanks to beezlebubble for the update and SNK Playmore for the confirmation at the official site.Finally, as I said, this week will be SO more interesting than usual.

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Wed 9 Mar 01:05]

NARUTO
2937th Post

"Re(1):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Wed 9 Mar 20:41post reply

quote:
Hey guys, Nejibako will have three loke tests this weekend in Kanagawa, Osaka and Tokyo.Thanks to beezlebubble for the update and SNK Playmore for the confirmation at the official site.Finally, as I said, this week will be SO more interesting than usual.

So maybe we'll get some pics of Mizuchi and this new misterious boss then...

Iggy
5990th Post

"Re(2):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Wed 9 Mar 21:06post reply

quote:

I really think the last original character (bikei, etc) is the boy before he becomes Mizuchi. The guy in the demo is just some foreshadowing for the sequel.

tenguman
95th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Thu 10 Mar 01:54post reply

quote:

I really think the last original character (bikei, etc) is the boy before he becomes Mizuchi. The guy in the demo is just some foreshadowing for the sequel.

The fact is that all of the bosses will be visually lame and overpowered. It makes no real difference, really.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

beto
825th Post

"Re(4):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Thu 10 Mar 03:56post reply

quote:
The fact is that all of the bosses will be visually lame

Haven´t seen how King Lion looks in NGBC, have you?

tenguman
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Thu 10 Mar 05:03post reply

quote:

Considering the fact that Shishio IS lame...

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Fygee
1162th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(6):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Thu 10 Mar 15:56post reply

quote:

Say what you like, but King Lion and Neo-Dio look fucking fantastic in NGBC.

NARUTO
2938th Post

"Re(3):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Thu 10 Mar 18:02post reply

quote:

Did think to that...
Still it would make "only" 3 bosses, (Dio, Mizuchi, Shishio) and still nobody from the WAREZ organization so...You're still maybe right.

Fygee
1163th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Thu 10 Mar 18:52post reply

Update on the webpage with the Last Blade characters' premium gallery art, and a new Q&A. Could someone whip up a quick translation?

E5150
84th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Thu 10 Mar 22:17post reply

Man, thats some big bug
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/nbc/gallery/akari.html

Iggy
6001th Post

"Re(5):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Thu 10 Mar 23:32:post reply

quote:
Update on the webpage with the Last Blade characters' premium gallery art, and a new Q&A. Could someone whip up a quick translation?

Interestingly, the Gekka characters have only lived the events of Gekka 1 : They talk about Shinnosuke and his gate to hell still opened, but no mention of Kôryû or Yuki. Maybe they plan to keep Setsuna, Hibiki and Kôryû for a Nejibako 2?

They present Lee, saying he can connects a lot of moves from his weak attacks [like everyone in any combo-game], has some tricky moves and relates mostly on his speed.
Someone complains of the lack of real MEN in the game, and they answer by hinting about the Fûun boss.
It is now possible to run ? That's a good news I totally missed. (forwardx2 = step, but keeping the direction makes the character run instead). The sound effects have also been changed? Good work Imoya, good work. It nearly makes me want to check about the Nejibako board again.
And Morden is not in the game, but we knew that.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 10 Mar 23:33]

Moriya
25th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Fri 11 Mar 01:05post reply

quote:
Interestingly, the Gekka characters have only lived the events of Gekka 1 : They talk about Shinnosuke and his gate to hell still opened, but no mention of Kôryû or Yuki. Maybe they plan to keep Setsuna, Hibiki and Kôryû for a Nejibako 2?

Interesting...

quote:
Someone complains of the lack of real MEN in the game, and they answer by hinting about the Fûun boss.

Where's Ralf and Clark when you need them?
Oh, in the background...

quote:
It is now possible to run ? That's a good news I totally missed. (forwardx2 = step, but keeping the direction makes the character run instead).

That's awesome, if only because I've had that idea a long time ago, and always wanted to see it implemented in a fighting game... pressing would make the character perform a very quick dash, but holding would make the character start to run (slower than the dash, but with super jump ability). Let's see how will they do it.

"Tsuki yo ni agake."

GrandC
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Fri 11 Mar 01:12post reply

Surely, great news, Iggy!
I believe NBC is getting better and better!

*waiting for the next beta test report*

tenguman
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Fri 11 Mar 01:50post reply

quote:

It is now possible to run ? That's a good news I totally missed. (forwardx2 = step, but keeping the direction makes the character run instead).

That's awesome, if only because I've had that idea a long time ago, and always wanted to see it implemented in a fighting game... pressing would make the character perform a very quick dash, but holding would make the character start to run (slower than the dash, but with super jump ability). Let's see how will they do it.

Really interesting indeed.

I'm just wondering if the tag specials will be somewhat nice or as dumb as the videos show them.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Cain Highwind
522th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Fri 11 Mar 03:27:post reply

quote:

They present Lee, saying he can connects a lot of moves from his weak attacks [like everyone in any combo-game], has some tricky moves and relates mostly on his speed.
It is now possible to run ? That's a good news I totally missed. (forwardx2 = step, but keeping the direction makes the character run instead). The sound effects have also been changed? Good work Imoya, good work. It nearly makes me want to check about the Nejibako board again.
And Morden is not in the game, but we knew that.

Very interesting to hear. And knowing run is in the game is good news. I think they did that dash/run system with Maximum Impact and it worked out pretty well.

EDIT: Super Saiyan Kaede makes me giggle.

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Fri 11 Mar 03:31]

Phoenix
757th Post

"Re(7):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Fri 11 Mar 04:31post reply

So no walking...how interesting. That should make for a really fast paced game. Nice of them to put in the running animation for everyone. Glad to hear about the sound effects too. Apparently they've addressed two issues so far. If they remain this responsive from now on, things might be looking up for SNKP games.

beto
826th Post

"Re(6):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Fri 11 Mar 04:37post reply

quote:

You haven´t, then.

Shingo The One
444th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Fri 11 Mar 04:48post reply

quote:
So no walking...how interesting. That should make for a really fast paced game. Nice of them to put in the running animation for everyone. Glad to hear about the sound effects too. Apparently they've addressed two issues so far. If they remain this responsive from now on, things might be looking up for SNKP games.

Well Phoenix, to find out if a fighting game for once can truly deliver the goods, we've got this weekend to know.

Iggy
6003th Post

"System summary (old)" , posted Fri 11 Mar 05:22post reply

quote:
So no walking...

Ugh... yes walking.
You can walk, step, run, tactical step, jump and high jump.

Also, the Jin brothers still don't have any run, just step, like usual.

The Just Defence is here, only it doesn't replete yellow energy but red energy. It also allows guard cancel if you make a special just after a JD.
The guard cancel character change doesn't need a JD, just E during a normal guard, but it consumes a gauge.

Also, there is something tentatively called "just step", between the JD and SF3 blocking : it's backward, then at the moment you're being attacked, forward.

This is how things were in the last test and may not necessary be valid for the next one or the final product.

The new defensive option, the jumps and the slow speed of the game are going to make it a waiting game and not a brainless attacking game, which I personally like but which isn't that popular, or so did I thought.

Also, the "new sound effects" they are talking about only refers to the SE during the super, the rest is (was ?) still lame.

tenguman
100th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):New Nejibako loke tests-YES!" , posted Fri 11 Mar 05:40post reply

quote:

You haven´t, then.

Yes I did.
Lame.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

ShadowSonic
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):System summary (old)" , posted Fri 11 Mar 06:24post reply

quote:
So no walking...
Ugh... yes walking.

Also, the Jin brothers still don't have any run, just step, like usual.

The Just Defence is here, only it doesn't replete yellow energy but red energy. It also allows guard cancel if you make a special just after a JD.
The guard cancel character change doesn't need a JD, just E during a normal guard, but it consumes a gauge.

Also, there is something tentatively called "just step", between the JD and SF3 blocking : it's backward, then at the moment you're being attacked, forward.

This is how things were in the last test and may not necessary be valid for the next one or the final product.

The new defensive option, the jumps and the slow speed of the game are going to make it a waiting game and not a brainless attacking game, which I personally like but which isn't that popular, or so did I thought.

Also, the "new sound effects" they are talking about only refers to the SE during the super, the rest is (was ?) still lame.

o_O;; Why haven't I seen this information anywhere else? Is it relatively recent?

And what happened to the reports of the Guard Cancel Step from SvC Chaos still being in the game?

Where darkness turns to light and order turns to chaos. 2003.

Iggy
6004th Post

"Re(2):System summary (old)" , posted Fri 11 Mar 06:45post reply

quote:
o_O;; Why haven't I seen this information anywhere else? Is it relatively recent?
It's from the beta from the end of february... I haven't paid attention to the threads for a long time, but I thought others would talk about it... You think it's a hoax?

quote:
And what happened to the reports of the Guard Cancel Step from SvC Chaos still being in the game?

It would be the just step?

ShadowSonic
119th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):System summary (old)" , posted Fri 11 Mar 06:53post reply

quote:
o_O;; Why haven't I seen this information anywhere else? Is it relatively recent?It's from the beta from the end of february... I haven't paid attention to the threads for a long time, but I thought others would talk about it... You think it's a hoax?

It would be the just step?

No, no, I know that your information is very reliable. It's just that I hadn't read this info anywhere else.

Thanks for the clarifications. So guard step has been replaced by this new "just step"...the game just improved about a thousandfold in my eyes.

Where darkness turns to light and order turns to chaos. 2003.

Iggy
6006th Post

"Re(4):System summary (old)" , posted Fri 11 Mar 07:12post reply

quote:
No, no, I know that your information is very reliable.

Oh no, I wasn't saying "WHAT YOU DONT TRUST ME YOU FAGGET WTF I'LL KILL YOU", it was really a question.
You're right, it's weird nobody talked about it... Especially the JD.
Nobody talked about it ? Belzeb for example ? Since there were people who could talk about the game the way I did, I stopped reading a long time ago...

On the other hand, the board is usually reliable and nothing has attacked the guy since mid february, sooooo...
Hum. Oh well.
I don't feel like asking more right now; we'll see how things go in the next test.

Phoenix
759th Post

"Re(5):System summary (old)" , posted Fri 11 Mar 07:58:post reply

"Ugh... yes walking.
Also, the Jin brothers still don't have any run, just step, like usual."

So double tapping a direction = step/dash
holding one direction = run
Then how do you walk? Isn't walking done by holding one direction too?

"The Just Defence is here, only it doesn't replete yellow energy but red energy. It also allows guard cancel if you make a special just after a JD.
Also, there is something tentatively called "just step", between the JD and SF3 blocking : it's backward, then at the moment you're being attacked, forward."

So it has both Just Defence and Just Step. Sounds like JD works like in MOTW. Does a JS work like a parry? And does this mean GCFS is also in the game? Wowsa. They should get rid of GCFS if NBC has JS and/or JD.

"The new defensive option, the jumps and the slow speed of the game are going to make it a waiting game and not a brainless attacking game, which I personally like but which isn't that popular, or so did I thought."

I guess we have KOF and GGXX#R for speed. Maybe NBC will be more along the lines of MOTW and 3S. Anyway it's not like the weekend is too far away.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Fri 11 Mar 08:04]

Nate
462th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):System summary (old)" , posted Fri 11 Mar 08:25post reply

quote:

So double tapping a direction = step/dash
holding one direction = run
Then how do you walk? Isn't walking done by holding one direction too?

Okay, I believe it's more like this:
Hold one direction = walk
Double tap without holding = step/dash
Double tap and hold = run

Makes sense now?

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Phoenix
760th Post

"Re(7):System summary (old)" , posted Fri 11 Mar 10:12:post reply

quote:

Makes sense now?

Victoly!
Thanks.
To make my post semi-useful for a change.
I quote Beelzabubble:
"another part of the same question talks about how shiki's multi hit slash has been changed to a completely new version."

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Fri 11 Mar 11:44]

NARUTO
2944th Post

"Re(8):System summary (old)" , posted Sun 13 Mar 04:43post reply

any new reports yet???

Iggy
6038th Post

"Re(9):System summary (old)" , posted Sun 13 Mar 19:07post reply

quote:
any new reports yet???

Shermie's diamond bust make the game freeze.

Shingo The One
445th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Sun 13 Mar 19:35post reply

quote:
any new reports yet???

Shermie's diamond bust make the game freeze.

No surprise.

Iggy
6039th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Sun 13 Mar 20:05post reply

quote:
No surprise.

HEY !

Shingo The One
446th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Sun 13 Mar 21:02post reply

quote:
No surprise.

HEY !

What did I say? I just meant what I said for the babe in question.No stepping feet, right?

NARUTO
2945th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Mon 14 Mar 19:45post reply

So, what happens to those lock test???
2 days are already passed and nothing new yet...

Iggy
6046th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Mon 14 Mar 21:54:post reply

quote:

Because there is nothing new, really. the double assault connects after anything, even crouching A or B, so it's too easy to use; the question of which character will be stronger than the others will be wether they can have a destructive combo that connects to a DA (so you deplete yellow and red bar in the same combo). I know Kyô is one of them, and I stopped reading after this point.
Also, since the game is really defense oriented, Shermie is really good (plus she has a use for most of the subsystems), but her accel spin kick is extremely weak. The characters with unblockables (Asura at least) should end up stronger.
The player who landed a DA is avantaged, he can pressure or change of character at will. The DA hitbox is quite big, and with its speed, it can make a quite reliable anti air, even though it doesn't seem to have invinsibility. And finally, it also deplete yellow energy by itself... I guess they will have to tone the DA down in the final release quite a bit.

Also, nobody talks about just defense and the like, so I guess it was indeed a hoax and I apologize.

So really what's the difference between a metrosexual and a homosexual?
Metrosexuals are better dressed. Homosexuals are so last season.
What role will the homosexual play in the future?
Gooseberry.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Tue 15 Mar 01:57]

Shingo The One
447th Post

Gold Customer

"New gameplay flyer" , posted Tue 15 Mar 18:53post reply

quote:

Nothing new I see.But I did find a little but interesting update on the game.Gamefront.de got a gameplay flyer and the loke test poster for Nejibako.
Poster:www.gfdata.de/archiv03-2005-gamefront/neogeoba1.jpg
Flyer:www.gfdata.de/archiv03-2005-gamefront/neogeoba2.jpg

Shingo The One
448th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Tue 15 Mar 18:58post reply

quote:
No surprise.

HEY !
What did I say? I just meant what I said for the babe in question.No stepping feet, right?

You're right Iggy-san.I'm surprised that the game isn't cool right now, especially since that "the bitch freezing the action shit" is never good.

NARUTO
2948th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Tue 15 Mar 20:18post reply

Thanks to both of you for those infos.

Shingo The One
449th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Tue 15 Mar 20:27post reply

quote:
Thanks to both of you for those infos.

No problem Naruto, it's always a pleasure.BTW, can you tell me the origin of your name?Does it have anything to do with the hit manga/anime franchise of the same name?

NARUTO
2949th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Tue 15 Mar 21:48post reply

quote:
No problem Naruto, it's always a pleasure.BTW, can you tell me the origin of your name?Does it have anything to do with the hit manga/anime franchise of the same name?

Yup that's it, just as easy as this...I'm a fan "of the 1 hour", since the 1st volume.
And even if I can hardly read japanese, and even with an english and french version.
I've make a "bet" with myself I'll only touch the japaense version of the manga, and this will keep me motivated to learn japanese.

Btw a friend told me of the pathetic french version (like most a the french translated mangas...) so, excepted some time in my life I didn't lose anything.
And BTW I'm using different "Naruto" names on other forums, like Sabaku no Gaara on the TZ board.

Back to the Game, Beebub have made a little reports, and so far, the game is a good as it was, but: Defensive play is really adventaged, double assault seems a but too strong (as Iggy said) and once again some player have seen the misterious dude with his fur cape.

Here some pics:
http://www.rd.mmtr.or.jp/~march/nbc%
20repo.htm

http://bbs.kofathena.net/UploadFile/2005-3/2005314124133425.jpg

http://bbs.kofathena.net/UploadFile/2005-3/2005314124214654.jpg

http://bbs.kofathena.net/UploadFile/2005-3/200531412415557.jpg
some shorts vid:
http://oggg.dip.jp/other/nbc001.avi

You can change the last number from 001 to 017.

Iggy
6058th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Tue 15 Mar 22:39post reply

Ah, thanks for the matome site.
Shermie has a Orochi alternate color, and she uses the yanagi no muchi as her DA finisher. No O.Shermie in the game, I'm not going to cry. Oh, and her CD throw against Ryô also freezes the game ? I love her.

Gooseberry.

Iggy
6072th Post

"Lee" , posted Wed 16 Mar 18:26post reply

Pailong has a A→B→C chain combo. The hitstop is huge, so you can easily decide to continue or not, and you can cancel C into 41236D, push it to the side of the screen and in certain situations, continue to your super.

His crouching C looks like a weak shôryûken in SF2, it's a quite reliable antiair and you can easily followup after it. Very low risk and high return.
The far D is an overhead, extremely quick and doesn't put you in danger if it's blocked.

As they say, Imoya game = fang game.

Also, Robert's neutral pose is like his Art of Fighting Gaiden one, very kimoi and out of place. But his "hole back-forward" moves can be done normally, no SvC nonsense.

Gooseberry.

NARUTO
2952th Post

"Re(1):Lee" , posted Wed 16 Mar 21:10post reply

quote:
Pailong has a A→B→C chain combo. The hitstop is huge, so you can easily decide to continue or not, and you can cancel C into 41236D, push it to the side of the screen and in certain situations, continue to your super.

His crouching C looks like a weak shôryûken in SF2, it's a quite reliable antiair and you can easily followup after it. Very low risk and high return.
The far D is an overhead, extremely quick and doesn't put you in danger if it's blocked.

Should I read Lee=broken, or Lee=easy characters with weak damage??

Iggy
6073th Post

"Re(2):Lee" , posted Wed 16 Mar 21:59post reply

quote:
Should I read Lee=broken, or Lee=easy characters with weak damage??

You should read "the game is being tested, and wether or not they will take good notes of what people are saying about this and that will be made clear in the final version of the game".

Gooseberry.

Shingo The One
450th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Thu 17 Mar 11:31post reply

quote:

Yup that's it, just as easy as this...I'm a fan "of the 1 hour", since the 1st volume.
And even if I can hardly read japanese, and even with an english and french version.
I've make a "bet" with myself I'll only touch the japaense version of the manga, and this will keep me motivated to learn japanese.

Btw a friend told me of the pathetic french version (like most a the french translated mangas...) so, excepted some time in my life I didn't lose anything.
And BTW I'm using different "Naruto" names on other forums, like Sabaku no Gaara on the TZ board.

Back to the Game, Beebub have made a little reports, and so far, the game is a good as it was, but: Defensive play is really adventaged, double assault seems a but too strong (as Iggy said) and once again some player have seen the misterious dude with his fur cape.

Here some pics:
http://www.rd.mmtr.or.jp/~march/nbc%
20repo.htm

http://bbs.kofathena.net/UploadFile/2005-3/2005314124133425.jpg

http://bbs.kofathena.net/UploadFile/2005-3/2005314124214654.jpg

http://bbs.kofathena.net/UploadFile/2005-3/200531412415557.jpg
some shorts vid:
http://oggg.dip.jp/other/nbc001.avi

You can change the last number from 001 to 017.

Thank you so very much Naruto.It's an indescribable sensation knowing that even in the Cafe, there are fans of the greatest manga/anime franchise ever.And I sure as hell am so not the only one in the picture.

NARUTO
2953th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Thu 17 Mar 18:08post reply

You're welcome!

Shingo The One
451th Post

Gold Customer

"Finally, KOF IN NGBC!" , posted Thu 17 Mar 20:14post reply

quote:
You're welcome!

No compadre, you are welcome.
And now, finally, there is KOF in NGBC.Iggy-san, you know what to do, go see the Q&A and translate away!

Iggy
6083th Post

"Re(1):Finally, KOF IN NGBC!" , posted Thu 17 Mar 21:43post reply

quote:
And now, finally, there is KOF in NGBC.Iggy-san, you know what to do, go see the Q&A and translate away!

Haha. Don't play that tune too much.
Haômaru's ikari bakuhatsu is a super that makes him one of the most powerful chartacters of the game (damage wise).
Some clever ass tries a question "but Mudman's story contradicts his settei from WH2 !" but they answer they don't care for each individual settei, the game is a parallel story to all other games, all the characters gather in 2017 (new japanese calendar) by their own ways or not, and that's it.

Also, Tôdô won't appear in the game, BUT they say they are planning his return, and not as a background character this time. Are they already working on a Nejibako 2 ? the next KOF ? A new Ryûkô ? And how old would he be if he was to appear in MOTW2 ?

Gooseberry.

Shingo The One
452th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Finally, KOF IN NGBC!" , posted Thu 17 Mar 22:08post reply

quote:

Haha. Don't play that tune too much.
Haômaru's ikari bakuhatsu is a super that makes him one of the most powerful chartacters of the game (damage wise).
Some clever ass tries a question "but Mudman's story contradicts his settei from WH2 !" but they answer they don't care for each individual settei, the game is a parallel story to all other games, all the characters gather in 2017 (new japanese calendar) by their own ways or not, and that's it.

Also, Tôdô won't appear in the game, BUT they say they are planning his return, and not as a background character this time. Are they already working on a Nejibako 2 ? the next KOF ? A new Ryûkô ? And how old would he be if he was to appear in MOTW2 ?

Sorry, Iggy-san, I jumped the gun with that line.It's good to know that this game's story is parallel to that of The King Of Fighters, and that they are working on a fighting game sequel probably besides the new upcoming KOF.

Baines
44th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(9):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Fri 18 Mar 08:23post reply

quote:
Thank you so very much Naruto.It's an indescribable sensation knowing that even in the Cafe, there are fans of the greatest manga/anime franchise ever.And I sure as hell am so not the only one in the picture.

Yes, there are Berserk fans in the Cafe. Glad you noticed.

The Negibako question I have is whether they actually are listening to (and comprehending) the comments of the people playing. They seemed to ignore some major issues with SvC:Chaos, after all. And SS0/5 ended up getting a quick second version upgrade, rather than their getting the first game right.

Shingo The One
453th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Fri 18 Mar 15:31post reply

quote:

Yes, there are Berserk fans in the Cafe. Glad you noticed.

The Negibako question I have is whether they actually are listening to (and comprehending) the comments of the people playing. They seemed to ignore some major issues with SvC:Chaos, after all. And SS0/5 ended up getting a quick second version upgrade, rather than their getting the first game right.

Sorry my friend, but that is SO NOT the greatest manga/anime franchise ever.Naruto and I know what that is.Pay more attention on what is true manga/anime.

Iggy
6093th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Fri 18 Mar 16:48post reply

quote:
They seemed to ignore some major issues with SvC:Chaos, after all. And SS0/5 ended up getting a quick second version upgrade, rather than their getting the first game right.

Ugh.
SvC and KOF 2003 had shitty betatest just to show the game, and they didn't bothered to HAVE forms to write down your opinion.
SS0 had a beta test absolutely brilliant, and the guys worked overnight to have a new version available each day. So, nobody noticed the nadeshiko A9, Jubei's bugs or the flying grandpa, but you can't say Yuki did anything wrong.
Same for Supisupe, the betatests were done seriously, the tweakings were done the night and the game had many 5 different versions until the end of the test, during which a lot of characters changed completely (Mizuki being too strong, too weak, too strong again, and finally ending weak but far from desperate, and the rest of the cast being incredibly balanced).

Gooseberry.

NARUTO
2954th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Sat 19 Mar 04:10post reply

quote:
Ugh.
SvC and KOF 2003 had shitty betatest just to show the game, and they didn't bothered to HAVE forms to write down your opinion.
SS0 had a beta test absolutely brilliant, and the guys worked overnight to have a new version available each day. So, nobody noticed the nadeshiko A9, Jubei's bugs or the flying grandpa, but you can't say Yuki did anything wrong.
Same for Supisupe, the betatests were done seriously, the tweakings were done the night and the game had many 5 different versions until the end of the test, during which a lot of characters changed completely (Mizuki being too strong, too weak, too strong again, and finally ending weak but far from desperate, and the rest of the cast being incredibly balanced).

Yes a nice job! And this making me dream about one thing: KOF on a AW board made by Yuki!! Or even better any other SNK serie...

beto
832th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Sat 19 Mar 06:43post reply

quote:

Sorry my friend, but that is SO NOT the greatest manga/anime franchise ever.Naruto and I know what that is.Pay more attention on what is true manga/anime.

Berserk sure is better than a piece of shit like Naruto.

Baines
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Sat 19 Mar 07:29post reply

quote:

Hrm... true... And one of the bigger complaints addressed by the upgrade was the inclusion of the playable bosses (and Mizuki). Which isn't really so much a beta test fix, but rather a "Why wasn't it done from the start?" situation. And maybe it was in reaction to comments on Zero. (Unless they pulled a Koei and intentionally held back items for an upgrade, which I'm doubting.)

And bug/issue-wise, Zero... Hrm... How did Zero relate to 3 and 4 bug and issue-wise? I know 3 had some issues beyond basic balance problems, like freezing people with Slash Nak's super. And while my memories of 4 have become vague, I remember people had already managed to somehow crash/freeze the entire game by the third day the local arcade had it.

Iggy
6094th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Sat 19 Mar 09:19post reply

quote:
Hrm... true... And one of the bigger complaints addressed by the upgrade was the inclusion of the playable bosses (and Mizuki). Which isn't really so much a beta test fix, but rather a "Why wasn't it done from the start?" situation. And maybe it was in reaction to comments on Zero. (Unless they pulled a Koei and intentionally held back items for an upgrade, which I'm doubting.)

Despite the testing and the efforts, SS0 had a lot of issues in it, bugs and unbalancing wise, and they weren't satisfied ; they wanted to make a version to 2 to correct this, so as an icing on the cake, they added Zankurô and Amakusa, Gaô who was really unnecessary, and Mizuki as the only original character. But they were icing on the cake of a better balanced and (nearly) bugless game. They wanted to make a third game like this, but they were unpluged by Imoya before they could release the kanzenban.

quote:
And bug/issue-wise, Zero... Hrm... How did Zero relate to 3 and 4 bug and issue-wise?

Quite a lot of bugs, including Jubei's bare hand counters and such, but the biggest issues were Yoshitora and his A9, and Unpi who could fly endlessly. Other complains were about Mina, who could kill some characters with absolutely ZERO chance of losing.

Supisupe still has bug issues, but far less, and the balance is brilliant, and the system has been refined to a near-perfection point.
I really can't see how they can top Supisupe. The series can only go down from this point, and if Imoya is taking back the game, then it's definitely over. Even SNK couldn't handle their own series beside SSS, so Imoya...

Gooseberry.

Stifu
77th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Sat 19 Mar 17:15post reply

Gaoh isn't bad, I actually like him. He does need to be improved though... Both gameplay and style wise.

It's a shame the 3rd SSZ has been canned. I wish they'd make it on the AW along with SS6... Or maybe they'd better just put all their efforts into SS6, so it can end up surpassing the level of SSZS, upgrades after upgrades.

Iggy
6097th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Sat 19 Mar 17:58post reply

quote:
Gaoh isn't bad, I actually like him. He does need to be improved though... Both gameplay and style wise.

I don't know... I like his style, his settings, masuraô and such, but I think he is the only badly drawned sprite of all the originals ones(some kick moves are reaaally weird) and he's a shallow character to play, not weak but boring as hell.

Gooseberry.

Stifu
78th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):System summary (old)" , posted Sat 19 Mar 20:35post reply

Indeed, his sprite needs work. You can see his standing animation isn't really smooth and all (looking at how his weapon moves)...
But his voice is kind of cool.
His super sucks though, they just reused his anim when he's turning into Ankikou... It's hard to connect, and will do very little damage if blocked.

I'd like him to be featured in a new SS, with a new sprite, new moves, and cool little additions... Like badass win poses etc.