Artists Dummy - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3607 Views )

Joe Randel
384th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"Artists Dummy" , posted Mon 7 Mar 11:28post reply

Okay, in amungst my art supplies is an artists dummy. Now, this dummy is okay and serves it's purpose, but during my surfing I came across this picture with a white figure in it. This is the perfect dummy and I've been looking for one just like this for a long time now. Does any one have more info on this figure? Can I get it in both male and female? I must have!!!

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Replies:

ONSLAUGHT
3285th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Artists Dummy" , posted Mon 7 Mar 11:33post reply

Looks like Microman to me

Undead Fred
2187th Post

"Re(1):Artists Dummy" , posted Mon 7 Mar 11:43post reply

quote:
Okay, in amongst my art supplies is an artists dummy. Now, this dummy is okay and serves it's purpose, but during my surfing I came across this picture with a white figure in it. This is the perfect dummy and I've been looking for one just like this for a long time now. Does any one have more info on this figure? Can I get it in both male and female? I must have!!!

Not sure... I don't think I've ever seen anything but the regular Mannekin that was in the first link. Are you sure the second wasn't some sort of Japanese-only artist's mannequin?

Dr Baghead
3391th Post

"someone should read the Toy Thread more often" , posted Mon 7 Mar 14:41post reply

quote:
Okay, in amungst my art supplies is an artists dummy. Now, this dummy is okay and serves it's purpose, but during my surfing I came across this picture with a white figure in it. This is the perfect dummy and I've been looking for one just like this for a long time now. Does any one have more info on this figure? Can I get it in both male and female? I must have!!!

Onslaught is indeed right, that's a Microman figure.

Go down to your local comic shop there are Batman and Catwoman single packs OR Batman/Batgirl 2-pack featuring the male and female figures, aside from the heads they're the same basic generic bodies you see there (there are 'generic' and futuristic themed micromen out there too, but the Batman ones should be easiest for you to find)... the single packs are $10 while the 2-pack is $20.

I actually made this same switch myself, my wooden art dummy just wouldn't get into any dynamic poses that the micromen figures could easily.

yeah it's not funny

Joe Randel
385th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):someone should read the Toy Thread more" , posted Mon 7 Mar 22:28post reply

Excelent! Thanks for the info. Microman will be mine!!!

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness