Anyone see Avatar the Last Airbender on Nick? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1532 Views )

GekigangerV
1069th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Anyone see Avatar the Last Airbender on Nick?" , posted Sun 6 Mar 13:14post reply

I am just asking if anyone has seen it. I've been looking forward to this for a couple of months, but missed it for the last couple of weeks. It looks like this will be the third show I have liked on Nick in the last few years(the other two being Invader Zim and Fairly Odd Parents). I think there will be a rerun this sunday.

Here is the sneak peek on Nick's website Link Here

Replies:

Dr Baghead
3389th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Anyone see Avatar the Last Airbender on" , posted Sun 6 Mar 16:47post reply

quote:
I am just asking if anyone has seen it. I've been looking forward to this for a couple of months, but missed it for the last couple of weeks. It looks like this will be the third show I have liked on Nick in the last few years(the other two being Invader Zim and Fairly Odd Parents). I think there will be a rerun this sunday.

Here is the sneak peek on Nick's website Link Here

I saw it.

It's great and all, I just don't have the patients to keep watching every week to see what happens.

It's the sort of show I'd despise if it was a dubbed anime though... simply because it's got a lot of 'aside humor' like Digimon or Dual Monsters or whatever has, where let's say one sidekick character says to the main character something all heroic like "I will help you defeat the monster!" and then one snarky followers says "this coming from the guy who wet the bed until age 14"... in a dubbed anime the snarky line would probably be delievered very quickly with no reaction, since in Japanese the line was probably something like "oh you!" and the rewriter decided to make it sillier, but it doesn't work since the line goes without a response... in Avatar the person who just got totally burned can at least make an angry glare, if not shoot back, which makes the show work a lot better.

yeah it's not funny