PS3 NEXT WEEK?! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4350 Views )

Shingo The One
435th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Sat 5 Mar 17:16post reply

The link speaks for itself.If it's true, then next week will be SO more interesting than usual.
www.gamercentric.com/index.php?page=viewnews&id=3314

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Replies:

Fuchikoma
1221th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Sat 5 Mar 17:48post reply

I don't find this too surprising... with the Sakaguchi, Okamoto, and Mizuguchi going X-box 2 exclusive. It's a great chance to get developers on the PS3 bandwagon... especially if the cel is as godly as it's supposed to be.

DarkZero
1138th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Sat 5 Mar 18:54post reply

Hear that sound?

THWIP!

That's the sound of PSTwos all across the world sticking to retail shelves like Spider-Man.

Here's hoping the PS3 has everything we expect from it, though. It'll be really interesting if the PS3 sticks with the idea behind the PS2 and takes as many forms of media as possible, with support for PS1 games, PS2 games, CDs, DVDs, and basically anything that fits on a disc.

Iggy
5960th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Sat 5 Mar 19:16post reply

quote:
Here's hoping the PS3 has everything we expect from it, though.

You mean, that half the first generation will breack during the first year?
I hope so as well. But I don't see Sony breacking the tradition now.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

Pollyanna
905th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Sat 5 Mar 19:53post reply

quote:

Here's hoping the PS3 has everything we expect from it, though. It'll be really interesting if the PS3 sticks with the idea behind the PS2 and takes as many forms of media as possible, with support for PS1 games, PS2 games, CDs, DVDs, and basically anything that fits on a disc.

I already said this in another thread, but Sony said that the PS3 would not play PS1 games. They might go back on that and they might have been lying, but it was true at some point.

Of course, you could easily say I'm lying as well, though (since I have no proof) I'm not sure how I would benefit from doing so.

DarkZero
1139th Post

"Re(4):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Sat 5 Mar 20:23post reply

quote:

I already said this in another thread, but Sony said that the PS3 would not play PS1 games. They might go back on that and they might have been lying, but it was true at some point.

Of course, you could easily say I'm lying as well, though (since I have no proof) I'm not sure how I would benefit from doing so.

I had heard that too, but at the time it was kind of like "Well, it's not really a demanded feature, so we possibly might consider not putting PS1 functionality in the PS3." It was really very vague. Now I'm wondering if we read the same thing or not, because I know that some sites basically chocked it up to "Sony's just tossing shit out there again" and others took it as "They say 'maybe' because Sony won't let them say anything specific, but it's true."

crazymike
1081th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Sun 6 Mar 05:16post reply

quote:

It's a great chance to get developers on the PS3 bandwagon... especially if the cel is as godly as it's supposed to be.

Yeah, maybe they will bump the video memory up to a whopping 16 megabytes this time around! whoo!

NARUTO
2935th Post

"Re(5):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Sun 6 Mar 21:54post reply

quote:
I had heard that too, but at the time it was kind of like "Well, it's not really a demanded feature, so we possibly might consider not putting PS1 functionality in the PS3." It was really very vague. Now I'm wondering if we read the same thing or not, because I know that some sites basically chocked it up to "Sony's just tossing shit out there again" and others took it as "They say 'maybe' because Sony won't let them say anything specific, but it's true."

So, maybe no ps1 games, but are we sure about the ps2 games??

Darkzero, nice avatar!^^

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

sabo10
1134th Post

"Re(6):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Sun 6 Mar 23:12post reply

Let's start predicting what kind of terrible 1st gen games will be available for the system that people will still rush out and import first day so that they can have some kind of pathetic imagined status symbol over other people.

I'm guessing a football game, a 3d fighter, and some boring racing game.

Iggy
5971th Post

"Re(7):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Mon 7 Mar 01:33post reply

quote:
I'm guessing a football game, a 3d fighter, and some boring racing game.

What about an action game where you would kill dozens of ennemies with a single hit, and pretty graphics but only in still picture, because there would be so many simultaneous visual effects on the screen that you would need 6 more eyes to follow exactly what's going on?

Also, I can't wait for the first next gen D3 game.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

kurushimi
26th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(8):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Mon 7 Mar 02:24:post reply

quote:

What about an action game where you would kill dozens of ennemies with a single hit, and pretty graphics but only in still picture, because there would be so many simultaneous visual effects on the screen that you would need 6 more eyes to follow exactly what's going on?

Somewhere far far away,
Koei is rubbing their hands in glee,
For as Iggy made that statement today,
They crank out Shin Sangoku Musou 5 for PS3.

But you guys forgot the obligatory puzzle game. Gotta attract the non-gamer masses too you know.

[this message was edited by kurushimi on Mon 7 Mar 04:09]

Burning Ranger
1089th Post

"Re(1):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Mon 7 Mar 03:37post reply

quote:
The link speaks for itself.If it's true, then next week will be SO more interesting than usual.
www.gamercentric.com/index.php?page=viewnews&id=3314

Sony will need to implement a more solid online system in order to compete with the Xbox Next. At least, they'll have to in the US.

That's all I'll say.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Undead Fred
2183th Post

"Re(8):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Mon 7 Mar 05:33post reply

quote:

Heh heh. I was about to say, "Dynasty Warriors 2?" but kurushimi beat me to the Koei joke.

Shingo The One
441th Post

Gold Customer

"PS3 next week...and at E3!" , posted Wed 9 Mar 00:21post reply

quote:
Here's hoping the PS3 has everything we expect from it, though.
You mean, that half the first generation will breack during the first year?
I hope so as well. But I don't see Sony breacking the tradition now.

Hey guys, I finally got an update on the PS3.Well, with all said, IT will appear at E3 after all.
www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=7214

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Mosquiton
1535th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(9):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Wed 9 Mar 03:35post reply

quote:
Heh heh. I was about to say, "Dynasty Warriors 2?" but kurushimi beat me to the Koei joke.

I'm actually really looking forward to a Dynasty Warriors on more powerful hardware. It's one of those games where technological limitations really is keeping them from creating the game they want to make.

I actually find DW5 pretty enjoyable, but when they do break out the next-gen title they had better go for a complete overhaul.

/ / /

Pollyanna
913th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(10):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Wed 9 Mar 06:03post reply

quote:

I actually find DW5 pretty enjoyable, but when they do break out the next-gen title they had better go for a complete overhaul.

I couldn't agree more.

DarkZero
1142th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Wed 9 Mar 12:23post reply

This may go slightly off topic as it's not talking about the PS2 specifically, but when I read this thread, I started to think about something.

If any company ever managed to actually pull off a successful console launch -- something which, as far as I know, has never happened -- would they be the undisputed winner of the next round of consoles? Just looking at this round, the GameCube launched without even a Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or similar game, the PS2 launched with absolute crap, and the Xbox was "the Halo machine" for about a year. And while the DS still doesn't have any really high quality software for it, the PSP only has Metal Gear Acid and a Gran Turismo port to hold it off with.

If the PS3 launched with a couple of serious franchise games (Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry), a massively popular RPG like a Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, and a game as original and high quality as Resident Evil for the PS1 or Devil May Cry for the PS2, would they just win outright because of that? I don't remember anyone ever pulling that off, even going back to the SNES and the Genesis. There seems to have been a wait of six months to a year for every new console to get its shit together, but what if someone came running out of the gate?

KTallguy
557th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Re(10):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Wed 9 Mar 13:14post reply

It wouldn't necessarily make the 'winner' of the competition, but then again it would be a really good start. Also, the time contstraints, deadlines, and lack of meeting deadlines makes that perfect scenario very unlikely... I think.

I support PS2 because I like the software that's on it... and I'll support PS3 unless the software sucks. When it comes down to it, the amount of pixels pushed per-second means absolutely nothing if the games suck...

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Red Falcon
5415th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Wed 9 Mar 15:07post reply

quote:
When it comes down to it, the amount of pixels pushed per-second means absolutely nothing if the games suck...

Yes!!! I wish more people understood this fact.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Iggy
5987th Post

"X Box2 specs" , posted Wed 9 Mar 18:25post reply

http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/microsoft-xbox/594331p1.html

For those interested in such things.

Ishmael
1877th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Re(10):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Wed 9 Mar 23:46post reply

quote:

I couldn't agree more.

It looks like Capcom likes Koei's game engine so much that they made their own DW game.

lunatic
152th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):PS3 NEXT WEEK?!" , posted Thu 10 Mar 03:51:post reply

quote:

Somewhere far far away,
Koei is rubbing their hands in glee,
For as Iggy made that statement today,
They crank out Shin Sangoku Musou 5 for PS3.

o man that just cracks me up

edit: it's already March 10th today, that's 3 days into the GDC, any coverage on the PS3?

You've been very bad~ Now off to the gas chamber!

[this message was edited by lunatic on Thu 10 Mar 03:55]

Burning Ranger
1098th Post

"Sony better hurry up" , posted Thu 10 Mar 22:29post reply

I've been reading some articles where developers talk about the MS Xenon (Xbox 2) specs (based off alpha dev kits and MS policies). I have to admit that it looks interesting. So far, things of note:

- CPU and GPU capabilities that beat the bese PC hardware out there.
- All Xenon games will be Xbox Live enabled
- Custom Soundtracks return

Anywway, I know its early, but with the specs coming, Sony has to answer for something.

http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/microsoft-xbox/594331p1.html?fromint=1
http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/microsoft-xbox/594355p1.html

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

Ishmael
1880th Post

"Re(1):Sony better hurry up" , posted Fri 11 Mar 01:27post reply

quote:

How is this good news? There's a large number of games out there where online support would be superfluous. Are game makers now going to have to add on useless mini-games or downloadable do-dads just to fulfill this requirement?

mojojoeo
5th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Sony better hurry up" , posted Fri 11 Mar 01:39:post reply

quote:

How is this good news? There's a large number of games out there where online support would be superfluous. Are game makers now going to have to add on useless mini-games or downloadable do-dads just to fulfill this requirement?

All live enabled means is that your friends can see you online playing whatever game you are playing and invite you to play what they are playing. Basiclly you can play an rpg and keep the live messaging up type thing.

They are pushing live with a much larger set of community features. Cant find the Url, but there was an article about new live functions posted just this morning after MS made a speach.

[this message was edited by mojojoeo on Fri 11 Mar 02:14]

Undead Fred
2210th Post

"Re(3):Sony better hurry up" , posted Fri 11 Mar 06:22post reply

quote:

All live enabled means is that your friends can see you online playing whatever game you are playing and invite you to play what they are playing. Basiclly you can play an rpg and keep the live messaging up type thing.

I'm sure that's all they're going to do to a bunch of the games... I remember Red Dead Revolver had "Live enabled" on the XBox version's cover, but all they had really done was add that "let your friends bug you while you try to play the game" feature.

Burning Ranger
1101th Post

"Re(2):Sony better hurry up" , posted Fri 11 Mar 09:42post reply

quote:

I said it was something of note, as in note-worthy. Not whether its a good thing or bad thing. Then again, I guess its in the mind's eye these days. I find it hard to get out to arcades and play fighting games, so I tend to prefer my fighters online compatible. Also, I play FPSs, so online play (good online play) is a must.

"The war is over the fight is just beginning..."

KTallguy
568th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Sony better hurry up" , posted Fri 11 Mar 14:03post reply

quote:
I find it hard to get out to arcades and play fighting games, so I tend to prefer my fighters online compatible.

But if the fighting games experience online lag, isn't that annoying ?

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

OmegaDog
1461th Post

"Re(4):Sony better hurry up" , posted Fri 11 Mar 14:15:post reply

quote:

Sure, but if there are no arcades or otherwise no cohesive local gaming community, it's nice to have the option to play online, if you want to play against an opponent other than the computer.

"IT'S PAYBACK TIME..." "LOCKED AND LOADED!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Fri 11 Mar 14:17]

KTallguy
570th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Sony better hurry up" , posted Fri 11 Mar 14:25post reply

quote:

Sure, but if there are no arcades or otherwise no cohesive local gaming community, it's nice to have the option to play online, if you want to play against an opponent other than the computer.

True... I guess eh...

If you're 'good' at a fighting game(like playing in national tournaments), and lag kills you online... I dunno... it seems like such a downer... not worth playing if you can't play it right...

but that's just my opinion

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

D`Cloud
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Sony better hurry up" , posted Fri 11 Mar 14:33post reply

apprently xenon doesn't have backwards compatibility with xbox which means: lesser games. (unless you hack xenon and run it like a pc just like xbox)

it would be pretty cool if you could play xbox halo 2 on your xenon and dont have to buy a whole new game

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Ishmael
1884th Post

"Re(3):Sony better hurry up" , posted Sat 12 Mar 01:39post reply

quote:
I said it was something of note, as in note-worthy. Not whether its a good thing or bad thing. Then again, I guess its in the mind's eye these days. I find it hard to get out to arcades and play fighting games, so I tend to prefer my fighters online compatible. Also, I play FPSs, so online play (good online play) is a must.

Oh, I agree, there are plenty of good uses for online service. In addition to the areas you mentioned if you, as Undead Fred and mojojoeo pointed out, can not only find out that one of your friends is playing but have the ability to post "U SUK!!1!" on the middle of their screen I will be all for this technological advancement. There are other aspects, however, that I'm not too keen on. This article discusses a Marketplace and Micro-transactions that may be included in the Xbox2. While the ability to customize a game as much as your time and budget will allow has it's appeal, one thing I liked about consoles was that the games were standard across the board.

lunatic
152th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Sony better hurry up" , posted Sat 12 Mar 05:45post reply

quote:

You're kidding right? try playi'n zero3 on direct DSL and you'll feel the pain. unless you're playing spray and pray or MMORPG kinda game then online would probably be fine. but my impression on online console isn't exactly faithful.

You've been very bad~ Now off to the gas chamber!

Fuchikoma
1223th Post

"Nintendo Revolution details" , posted Sat 12 Mar 16:35post reply

The Revolution will not be Televised Well actually not really anything more than we know about PS3, but at least wifi, DS linking, backwards compatibility, and an ATI GPU are confirmed. I don't get what's with the Hollywood and Broadway codenames though... but then project Dolphin really never made sense either.

DarkZero
1149th Post

"Re(6):Sony better hurry up" , posted Sat 12 Mar 16:55post reply

quote:

You're kidding right? try playi'n zero3 on direct DSL and you'll feel the pain. unless you're playing spray and pray or MMORPG kinda game then online would probably be fine. but my impression on online console isn't exactly faithful.

I think this is more due to the online portion of most Xbox fighting games being poorly implemented, rather than a problem inherent in online fighting games. Kaillera is essentially just a MAME hack that tricks both players' emulators into thinking that there's a second player using a different controller on the same machine, but it has very little lag. Playing two player Mark of the Wolves or Last Blade 2 with Kaillera feels exactly like playing against someone who has a controller plugged in right next to you.

Then again, this may be because Kaillera seems to discriminate against some players. If one player has an inferior connection that won't play the game without a lot of lag, Kaillera just fails to work. You can't really do that with a console game because it's something that both players have paid for and the game can't exactly tell you, "Sorry, your connection blows, no online play for you. Thanks for purchasing the game solely for online play, though. We appreciate it." There's also the fact that any use of Xbox Live requires broadband, which means that in 99% of cases, the Xbox is going to be hooked up to a router which is serving at least one other existing computer. A computer which is most likely downloading a torrent of Hot_Hardcore_Asians_12.avi with no upload cap while its dumbass owner is wondering why he's lagging up the game.