ebay question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1366 Views )

Joe Randel
383th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"ebay question" , posted Sat 5 Mar 11:31post reply

I'm looking get some GBA games off ebay and I noticed that it's just flooded with auctions of GBA games that don't have a box or manual. Should I stay a way from these auctions or not worry.

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Replies:

EddyT
421th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):ebay question" , posted Sat 5 Mar 11:52post reply

quote:
I'm looking get some GBA games off ebay and I noticed that it's just flooded with auctions of GBA games that don't have a box or manual. Should I stay a way from these auctions or not worry.

Always look at the seller's ratings, and always read the descriptions carefully. Make sure what you're buying is legit, and not a copy or anything like that. If you're in doubt of the item in question, email the seller. That's all the advice I can think of giving you.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3337th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):ebay question" , posted Sat 5 Mar 15:24post reply

quote:

i really don't know. people i know have bought from those guys. i've checked out the games myself and everything looks intact and official, despite the lack of a manual and box. if they are pirated games, they're done very well. i can't tell the difference

Black_hayato
114th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):ebay question" , posted Sat 5 Mar 17:22:post reply

quote:

i really don't know. people i know have bought from those guys. i've checked out the games myself and everything looks intact and official, despite the lack of a manual and box. if they are pirated games, they're done very well. i can't tell the difference

Don't bother with those. They're mostly bootlegs anyway. After years of buy boxless games and boots from funcoland and the internet. I realized that not only did I buy games to play, but to collect. And all I had to show was a plastic tub full of (sometimes) labeless carts,...the same with my action figures.

I'd go all or nothing. Just be patient and look at other methods than ebay.

[this message was edited by Black_hayato on Sat 5 Mar 17:25]