MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2666 Views )

Shingo The One
428th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Thu 3 Mar 22:45post reply

Hey guys, it's been a little while since I started a topic and for once I will step forward and give you the info first instead of Iggy-san.And it's not about fighting games.
Thanks to gamefront.de, I found out that today the future of Metal Gear Solid has been revealed.There will be Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3, but the shock is that Hideo Kojima will take a back seat for this one, as the tagline for the future MGS reads:"New Beginning-No Hiding, No Hideo".
But don't worry, he will be behind this one as Executive Producer.
Oh well, that's all there is until PS3.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Replies:

Digitalboy
139th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 00:41post reply

quote:
Hey guys, it's been a little while since I started a topic and for once I will step forward and give you the info first instead of Iggy-san.And it's not about fighting games.
Thanks to gamefront.de, I found out that today the future of Metal Gear Solid has been revealed.There will be Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3, but the shock is that Hideo Kojima will take a back seat for this one, as the tagline for the future MGS reads:"New Beginning-No Hiding, No Hideo".

"No hiding" eh? So it will be more action than stealth? I do not know what to think of this.

Fuchikoma
1217th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 01:15post reply

Yeah really, if you take the stealth element out of Metal Gear Solid... it just becomes another third person shooter. My rumor sense is tingling.

Shingo The One
431th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 01:36post reply

quote:

"No hiding" eh? So it will be more action than stealth? I do not know what to think of this.

Actually, the same news source I mentioned now has the photo showing the presentation full tagline.See and comment for yourselves.

Undead Fred
2166th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 02:38post reply

quote:
as the tagline for the future MGS reads:"New Beginning-No Hiding, No Hideo".

If this is true, I'm not really sure why they'd be putting "that respected director that did all of the others isn't doing this one" as a selling point on the cover.

Phoenix
737th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 03:10post reply

quote:
as the tagline for the future MGS reads:"New Beginning-No Hiding, No Hideo".
If this is true, I'm not really sure why they'd be putting "that respected director that did all of the others isn't doing this one" as a selling point on the cover.

Mario 128: No jumping, No Miyamoto
Ok, so I couldn't help it.

Ammadeau
1291th Post

"Re(3):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 03:52post reply

quote:

I honestly read this as 'No humping,' at first... so yeah, I have nothing to contribute to this thread, except ask where's my Zone of Enders 3 at?

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

lunatic
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 04:35post reply

These games are coming out too freakin' fast...
where's my next Final Fantasy at ?! ANd i don't want no 'tarded online play.

You've been very bad~ Now off to the gas chamber!

Shingo The One
432th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 04:43post reply

quote:

For sure you will get the new proper one this year and its' all 100% single player.But to be certain to have it, you have to get it on import.If you don't have that problem, then all you need is patience.

Iggy
5944th Post

"Re(4):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 05:37:post reply

quote:
I honestly read this as 'No humping,' at first... so yeah, I have nothing to contribute to this thread, except ask where's my Zone of Enders 3 at?

If Murata is not doing this as I thought he would, then he will be doing this vampire/zombie killing game that appears in MGS3, I guess.

EDIT : also, Murata had been announced as the producer for the next Metal Gear in December, and that announcement from a few days ago says the director will be Imaizumi.

EDIT 2 : me stupid.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 4 Mar 06:41]

Undead Fred
2170th Post

"Re(2):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 10:54post reply

quote:

BUT INTARWEB IS GAMES FUTURE OF THE VIDEO GAMES

AND YOU NEED SEQUELS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE
STORYS ARE GHEY
ONLY PRETTY GRAPHIX COUNT

Heh heh. Yeah, I really wish the game companies would go back to letting their design teams take their time and make memorable and well thought out games... Doesn't happen all the time for now, but I've started seeing game series that used to take their time with sequels start coming faster and faster. VERY BAD

KTallguy
547th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 13:44post reply

quote:

Hear Hear! Where's my ZOE3 at ?? ?

I mean, ZOE2 being the pinnicle of mecha action games and all... =P

And if Kojima sits out, I'm going to be kind of sad. I'm hoping he sits out for a while, and then goes and looks at the project, and says 'god damn it, you're doing it all wrong' and goes back to being director =)

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Undead Fred
2175th Post

"Re(5):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 16:55post reply

quote:
And if Kojima sits out, I'm going to be kind of sad. I'm hoping he sits out for a while, and then goes and looks at the project, and says 'god damn it, you're doing it all wrong' and goes back to being director =)

Heh heh heh. Maybe that was Konami's plan all along...

Iggy
5949th Post

"Re(6):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 17:34:post reply

I've been hagued recklessly by Quiter during the night.

So, Imaizumi is producer, and Murata indeed IS director of the next Metal Gear game, like it was announced in december.

But it's not my fault if I messed up, it's just that I don't like this series ! I told ya !

EDIT : I just noticed the Alan Smithee reference. Either it will give something brilliant or... Well, since I didn't care for the series in the first place, it can't be worse for me. But I can see why people are frightened by this.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 4 Mar 22:30]

Ishmael
1865th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Fri 4 Mar 23:24post reply

quote:
Heh heh. Yeah, I really wish the game companies would go back to letting their design teams take their time and make memorable and well thought out games... Doesn't happen all the time for now, but I've started seeing game series that used to take their time with sequels start coming faster and faster. VERY BAD

King of Metal Gear 2006!

It seems a bit early to start speculating about the next MG already but, hell, the internet is all about speculation without any evidence so... If there's one thing the MGS series was able to consistently do, it was generate hype. With this latest announcement looks like Konami is starting the process up all over again. The declarations about the new game sound bombastic but don't really say much. Didn't Kojima want out of the MG series after MGS2 anyway? It will be interesting to see what the rumor mill invents for this latest game.

Alan Smithee is my favorite director of all time.

sabo10
1131th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Sat 5 Mar 00:12post reply

This is going to be one heck of a porty!

Genjuro
628th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Sat 5 Mar 23:01post reply

quote:

If there's one thing the MGS series was able to consistently do, it was generate hype. With this latest announcement looks like Konami is starting the process up all over again. The declarations about the new game sound bombastic but don't really say much. Didn't Kojima want out of the MG series after MGS2 anyway? It will be interesting to see what the rumor mill invents for this latest game.

Seeing those taglines i have the same opinion..It's just creating the hype.There's no way Hideo won't be involved with next MG (or at least i'd like to think so).Afet all he is still the producer and he will be in charge anyway kind of right? That's what happened with MGS3 at the beginning..

And true as it may be sequels are coming out too fast for sure but i'm surprised to see MGS3 which was a "rushed" game IMO to come out and be perfect..I don't know maybe i'm a little biased towards Hideo Kojima..

Mosquiton
1534th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Sun 6 Mar 01:24post reply

quote:

Heh. Maybe you can work with him someday!

/ / /

Ammadeau
1292th Post

"Re(5):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Sun 6 Mar 01:37post reply

quote:

Well, I wouldn't go that far... unless you were being sarcastic, but it was great and was also the sort of game that left you feeling there was going to be a third game somewhere soon down the road. Maybe it just didn't sell well enough.

Oddly, or perhaps not, MGS2 left me with the same feeling, yet I still haven't gotten MGS3 yet... or DMC3, or Star Ocean 3... maybe I have a problem with 3s.

KTallguy
551th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Sun 6 Mar 11:18post reply

quote:

Well, I wouldn't go that far... unless you were being sarcastic, but it was great and was also the sort of game that left you feeling there was going to be a third game somewhere soon down the road. Maybe it just didn't sell well enough.

Well... for me, no game has combined a really good combat system, excellent weapons, and an interesting story quite like ZOE2. I can't think of another Mecha game I've gotten more enjoyment out of honestly. Unless you want to start diving into the past... I was a HUGE fan of Mechwarrior II back in the good old days, I played Microsoft's MW4 and it wasn't bad, but it just got too arcady for me.

That's one of the reasons that Capcom is a great company. They made a game like Steel Batallion, that basically is every old Mechwarrior fans' wet dream: An insanely detailed, immersive, and complicated Mecha game with a realistic feeling, interesting controller.

They had that game on display at my local Frys in San Diego (Frys is a huge computer warehouse type store in California). I remember going back to the store at least 3 times with my friend just to play. I swear, if I had a lot of expendable cash, I would bu y Steel Batallion and play it until my ears bleed, but I just don't have that kind of money, and X-box games, besides a few really good gems, don't really do it for me.

I was the kid that had the flightstick joystick for my PC and was playing flight simulators, mech-games, anything with complicated controls where you had to read a manual the size of a paperback mystery in order to play. I LOVED those games. I loved the 'realism' and the immersivism of it all.

This is all funny, because ZOE isn't really like that at all, but it feels so fast, so perfect. If they make a sequel, I want bascially more Frames and weapons to play with, a 2 player coop mode with maybe some sub-campaign that's unrelated to the main story, and a good VS battle mode. They could change the system a little, maybe make the sword combat more complex... I dunno... honestly it's great how it is... I don't know how they could improve it...

Does anyone have any ideas for improving ZOE? I mean, I'm sure if/when they make it, they'll think of something, but... I dunno what they could do really...

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Ammadeau
1293th Post

"Re(1):OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Sun 6 Mar 16:43post reply

Actually, the best mecha game is on xbox, but it isn't Steel Battalion, it's Phantom Crash, whose sequel will be coming to the PS2 relatively soon. I'm also a big fan of the mechwarrior series and was pissed as hell by the abomination known as Mechassault. Gah, what horrid mech series.

Steel Battalion is great, but it's almost too slow paced, even with the fastest mecha. This might be more realistic, but it makes it hard to want to replay a mission you nearly finished.

Only thing I would change really for ZOE is a drastic reduction of the boring conversations and make the movement a little more fluid, as it was moving without a lock-on felt clunky. Online co-op play would be nice. The base gameplay was pretty refined, so maybe that's why no sequel. No new place to really take it.

Iggy
5967th Post

"Re(2):OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Sun 6 Mar 17:24post reply

quote:
Only thing I would change really for ZOE is a drastic reduction of the boring conversations

ugh ? I fely the conversations were great, well played and most of all well written. I really, really loved Ada.

Shin_ATproof
1149th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Sun 6 Mar 18:08post reply

ZOE2 was sex for my eyes and ears.

I would love to see a sequel but I don't think they could really expand the story very much. Unless they pull off a Gundam and have like Anubis' Counterattack or Zone of the Enders V heheheh.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

Shingo The One
436th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Sun 6 Mar 18:41post reply

quote:
Only thing I would change really for ZOE is a drastic reduction of the boring conversations
ugh ? I fely the conversations were great, well played and most of all well written. I really, really loved Ada.

Same as well, Iggy-san.In fact, ZOE2 is one of those elite games that I definitely enjoyed for everything it had.The story, the voice acting, the action, the sense of power and evolution, and for me, the best weapon ever created, the Vector Cannon.Now that is what is a true weapon.Can't say anymore than this, other than why would we need another one, when the story is perfectly and happily concluded?

Spoon
796th Post

"Re(3):OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Sun 6 Mar 19:04post reply

quote:

Well in the english version more than a few come across as melodramatic and all the things that you can hook onto the big tree that is melodrama.

And you have lines like,
Dingo: "That's too rough!"
Who cares about the context; it sounds dumb.

I have no issue with ADA, though. That may possibly be because of all the main characters, she speaks the least. And her voice fits. Some of the other voices aren't outright bad, but I don't have much desire to listen to them.

If the guys that made Armored Core agreed for once that they should just implement all the sensible things into one game rather than introducing each sensible thing as a feature of a new AC game, and then joined forces with the crew and wallets of Konami, THEN you'd have the greatest mech game ever. I had sworn off AC since... like the first PSX game. But AC Nexus came across as both fun and cool, something which some 6 years of AC iterations failed to come across as. So yeah. AC team + ZOE team + Konami buckets of cash for the win.

Iggy
5970th Post

"Re(4):OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Mon 7 Mar 01:25post reply

[ZOE]
quote:
Well in the english version

Ah. Sorry, I keep forgetting.
quote:
But AC Nexus came across as both fun and cool

I never touched an AC game in my life, but was Nexus on GC?
I think the GC AC was the only one of the 5 worst kusoge of 2004 which was not by Konami and didn't have a spawn from hell sold with the LE.

CHAZumaru
58th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Mon 7 Mar 07:11post reply

quote:
[ZOE]Well in the english version
I think the GC AC was the only one of the 5 worst kusoge of 2004 which was not by Konami and didn't have a spawn from hell sold with the LE.

Nonononono.

You're talking about AC Formula Front (AC:FF), the PSP one, which is almost a game.

Nexus is the new PS2 episode, yet it actually is more a "best of" the best missions in the previous episodes. Seems really good if you're a long time fan of the series. The regular AC series is quite nice from the second AC2 (AC2AA). AC3SL (the second AC3) is the best episode so far in my book. I don't think there's a single AC on the Gamecube.

I like the AC series (remember, AC:FF on PSP is almost a game, so it doesn't count). It is cheap but humble, mistake-baren but fan-loving, and progressing with each episode.

You wouldn't like it, though, Iggy : it's the antithezis of a charage.

Spoon
797th Post

"Re(6):OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Mon 7 Mar 08:16post reply

quote:
[ZOE]Well in the english version

Nonononono.

You're talking about AC Formula Front (AC:FF), the PSP one, which is almost a game.

Nexus is the new PS2 episode, yet it actually is more a "best of" the best missions in the previous episodes. Seems really good if you're a long time fan of the series. The regular AC series is quite nice from the second AC2 (AC2AA). AC3SL (the second AC3) is the best episode so far in my book. I don't think there's a single AC on the Gamecube.

I like the AC series (remember, AC:FF on PSP is almost a game, so it doesn't count). It is cheap but humble, mistake-baren but fan-loving, and progressing with each episode.

You wouldn't like it, though, Iggy : it's the antithezis of a charage.

He may also be thinking of Custom Robo on GC, which is a totally different game.

The Revolution disk in Nexus is definitely the "best of" part. But I liked the mercenary theme throughout Nexus (like how you'd work for terrorists to disable to a city's power plant, then aid the blacked-out city), which is also present in Revolution (seems every mission can be played from two persectives).

Yeah, I heard AC3SL was good, but it seemed to lack a bunch of features that I had wanted for ages that appeared in Nexus (like dual analog control and overheating).

What the hell was this topic about again? Who knows.

On that note, Magic Pengel Quest for Color needs a NDS sequel.

Baines
38th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Mon 7 Mar 08:45post reply

quote:
He may also be thinking of Custom Robo on GC, which is a totally different game.

Well, Custom Robo was complete and utter garbage, so it would fit Iggy's description, despite not being an Armored Core game.

So the AC line has been somewhat bad about improvements? I thought the original was great and understood but was annoyed by its two spin-offs. Still, it was a line with a lot of potential if they'd just combine those ideas and expand in the future. I didn't really bother with the PS2 though, and then there was mention of more expansions, and I lost faith in ever trying the series again.

KTallguy
554th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Mon 7 Mar 11:25post reply

quote:

Well in the english version more than a few come across as melodramatic and all the things that you can hook onto the big tree that is melodrama.

And you have lines like,
Dingo: "That's too rough!"
Who cares about the context; it sounds dumb.

I know... I know... it's corny. But I actually like that line! =)

The Japanese version sounds really good, I just got my hands on it and have been playing it a lot.

One thing I liked about ZOE2 was that every time you killed an enemy and ADA said something like ... 'ETR Rection Terminated', or everytime ADA warned you about your health, you could click the left or right analog stick and Dingo would do a little quip, like 'You think you could stop Jehuty with THAT?' or something. I really liked the trash-talking. I'd like to check out some of these newer mecha games like Armored Core and stuff. It's nice to hear the opinions of old MW2 fans =)

I never really heard anything about Phantom Crash when it came out. I just looked at some screenshots and read a Gamespot review (I know, I know) and it seems interesting... but the screenshots look kind of arcady =P How does it play ?

I've played a little Armored Core but it never grabbed me... maybe I'll check out that definitive 'best hits' version.

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Ammadeau
1297th Post

"Re(5):OT: ZOE3 etc." , posted Mon 7 Mar 12:24post reply

quote:
I never really heard anything about Phantom Crash when it came out. I just looked at some screenshots and read a Gamespot review (I know, I know) and it seems interesting... but the screenshots look kind of arcady =P How does it play ?

Like Mechwarrior on speed. A lot of customization, a strange and almost surreal storyline, and fights that demand quick reflexes. Only problem is the lack of arenas, there's only three enviroments essentially, but the sequel will improve on that at least.

deisied
270th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):MGS4 FOR PS3:NO HIDEO!" , posted Mon 7 Mar 20:50post reply

quote:

Heh heh heh. Maybe that was Konami's plan all along...

Kinda like he's done for the last two MGS'?