Okamoto & Mizuguchi - Exclusive for X-Box 2 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1556 Views )

beto
815th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Okamoto & Mizuguchi - Exclusive for X-Box 2" , posted Thu 3 Mar 09:42post reply

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7747/More-Japanese-Game-Luminaries-Pick-NextGen-Xbox/

Replies:

exodus
2409th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Okamoto & Mizuguchi - Exclusive for X-B" , posted Thu 3 Mar 09:49post reply

just to clarify your title, they're making exclusive games, but their companies aren't xbox exclusive.

also you should've said Xclusive for Xbox, to make it more Xtreme.

beto
817th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Okamoto & Mizuguchi - Exclusive for X-B" , posted Thu 3 Mar 09:52:post reply

Not enough space, so i went with a "close enough" title.

Anyway.

Famitsu´s president impressed with X-Box 2:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/592/592372p1.html

[this message was edited by beto on Thu 3 Mar 09:53]

Burning Ranger
1082th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"The changing face of gaming" , posted Thu 3 Mar 14:25post reply

Another article about those ex-Capcom and ex-Sega people:

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+grabs+more+Xbox+developers/2110-1043_3-5596700.html

Good. Now all X-box needs is a badass 2D fighting game to kill SF, KOF, and maybe Guilty Gear.

Oh my god-- did I just advocate the death of KOF and GG? I can live without new SFs, but KOF and GG?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Iggy
5927th Post

"Re(1):The changing face of gaming" , posted Thu 3 Mar 17:17post reply

quote:
Good. Now all X-box needs is a badass 2D fighting game to kill SF, KOF, and maybe Guilty Gear.

Assuming these guys are still able to make good games (beside Q Entertainment) is like hoping Paul Verhoven is still able to make a good movie.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

Professor
2224th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):The changing face of gaming" , posted Thu 3 Mar 19:04post reply

quote:
Assuming these guys are still able to make good games (beside Q Entertainment) is like hoping Paul Verhoven is still able to make a good movie.

Leaving aside Mizuguchi, I'm kind of wondering/worrying about Okamoto... As much as he's an interesting guy and one of the big faces in the game industry, when was the last time that he actually made a game?

Iggy
5933th Post

"Re(3):The changing face of gaming" , posted Thu 3 Mar 19:10post reply

quote:
Leaving aside Mizuguchi, I'm kind of wondering/worrying about Okamoto... As much as he's an interesting guy and one of the big faces in the game industry, when was the last time that he actually made a game?

He's also very nice, judging by the few mails I've traded with him (OMG NAME DROPPING).
But I know for sure I won't buy Genji.

Oh, by the way, slightly related question: Do we know who is the director of Ôkami ? Is it Kamiya, or did he slipped in the producer heaven of cheap stardom like the others?

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

Ishmael
1862th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):The changing face of gaming" , posted Thu 3 Mar 23:53post reply

It's nice to see these guys getting work but I'm not certain this is going to bring a windfall of exciting, original games to the Xbox.

It was because of this thread that I remembered to check it and I was surprised to see that Okamoto is still updating his goofy home page. I wonder if he will mention this new deal in his diary?

Fuchikoma
1218th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):The changing face of gaming" , posted Fri 4 Mar 01:19post reply

You got to wonder though... is the X-box 2 that attractive of a platform? or is this just Bill Gates paying to get new talent to launch XB2... I doubt it's going to be as powerful as the PS3 if the Cel is the motherbrain that everybody says it is...

highlandcattle
32th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):The changing face of gaming" , posted Fri 4 Mar 01:19post reply

Altough I'm a MS and Xbox hater,I think this is a good move down with multiplatformtitles and more Sexclusives!

my blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/highlandcattle /

legalstep
57th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Okamoto & Mizuguchi - Exclusive for X-B" , posted Fri 4 Mar 05:50post reply

quote:
just to clarify your title, they're making exclusive games, but their companies aren't xbox exclusive.

also you should've said Xclusive for Xbox, to make it more Xtreme.

Why didn't the US press do that even?

Insertcredit is fixed and better now.

exodus
2410th Post

"Re(3):Okamoto & Mizuguchi - Exclusive for X-B" , posted Fri 4 Mar 09:37post reply

quote:

yeah, no Xplanation for that...

KTallguy
549th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Okamoto & Mizuguchi - Exclusive for X-B" , posted Fri 4 Mar 14:05post reply

quote:

yeah, no Xplanation for that...

Xplain something to me... does anyone think that this is going to help X-box 2 in Japan? It seems like this is the only reason for this move. Gates doesn't want to fail in Japan again. He's most likely going to make the console much smaller, and he's trying to recruit famous Japanese for the console... but didn't he try to do that with the original X-box and it failed ? Who did he recruit back then?

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Fuchikoma
1219th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Okamoto & Mizuguchi - Exclusive for X-B" , posted Fri 4 Mar 15:22post reply

quote:

Who did he recruit back then?

Itagaki and Team Ninja... and yeah the power of Kasumi's boobs is probably one of the few things that really sold the X-box in Japan.