http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/28/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

[this message was edited by beto on Tue 1 Mar 11:18]

Replies:

EddyT
415th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Re(1):CNN - New Gameboy in 2005?" , posted Tue 1 Mar 12:34post reply

Doesn't make sense... really. I don't understand why they even brought out the DS, when they had a new GBA in the works for the upcoming year. I don't see how the DS is even "different" from a GBA. It plays GBA games already.

I'm glad I didn't buy a DS at all. It's the same feeling I had when the Neo Geo Pocket came out for the first time, and months later, I read about the Neo Geo Pocket Color with the better non-blurring screen.

Grahf
348th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):CNN - New Gameboy in 2005?" , posted Tue 1 Mar 12:34post reply

I wonder what new features they can give another GBA that would validate releasing a new version. Wireless multiplayer maybe? I don't see how they could change the cartridge format and still allow the older GBAs to still play the games (if they could do that, there'd be no reason to release a new version of the handheld).

I also wonder how much they'll lower the price of the SP after this one is released. The plus side to this announcement is that it's likely that they'll keep making new GBA games for a while, at least.

Iggy
5910th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):CNN - New Gameboy in 2005?" , posted Tue 1 Mar 18:08post reply

quote:
Doesn't make sense... really. I don't understand why they even brought out the DS, when they had a new GBA in the works for the upcoming year.

The fact the DS wasn't the true successor to the GBA was announced the day they showed the DS prototype, really.
Also, a DS SP may also be on its way.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

HAYATO
303th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):CNN - New Gameboy in 2005?" , posted Tue 1 Mar 23:01post reply

I can't understand how Nintendo fans buy every new console version the company releases. I mean, look how Sega ended for less than this...