Abe Hiroshi in Hokuto no Ken - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2364 Views )

Iggy
5903th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Abe Hiroshi in Hokuto no Ken" , posted Tue 1 Mar 03:35post reply

Uedasan moe

Abe chan will be the 3rd actor to be the VA of Kenshirô in the next adaptation of Hokutô no Ken. I hope he'll be better than Koyasu (who was disapointing in a disapointing series).

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

Replies:

Sano
1529th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Abe Hiroshi in Hokuto no Ken" , posted Tue 1 Mar 03:49post reply

quote:
Uedasan moe

Abe chan will be the 3rd actor to be the VA of Kenshirô in the next adaptation of Hokutô no Ken. I hope he'll be better than Koyasu (who was disapointing in a disapointing series).

Oh gosh. If it's as bad as the new OVAs I'm not sure I can stomach it. Can we get a different director and better use of CGI or NO CGI AT ALL! And NO GAKT APPEARING IN THE CLOSING CREDITS!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Phoenix
732th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Abe Hiroshi in Hokuto no Ken" , posted Tue 1 Mar 04:12post reply

Wait, according to that picture, this is a live action adaptation right? I wonder how they are gonna do the exploding heads thing.

Sano
1530th Post

"Re(2):Abe Hiroshi in Hokuto no Ken" , posted Tue 1 Mar 04:27post reply

quote:
Wait, according to that picture, this is a live action adaptation right? I wonder how they are gonna do the exploding heads thing.

Wow. Can't be worse than the American Live Action one if this is in fact live action.

I wonder if they'll turn Gakt with that robot hand from the OVA's ending into a character if it's live action, LOL! LOL! LOL!

Now when is Fist of the Blue Sky (Soten no Ken in Japanese, right?) gonna get some love?

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Bootation
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Abe Hiroshi in Hokuto no Ken" , posted Tue 1 Mar 04:53post reply

quote:

Wow. Can't be worse than the American Live Action one if this is in fact live action.

I wonder if they'll turn Gakt with that robot hand from the OVA's ending into a character if it's live action, LOL! LOL! LOL!

Now when is Fist of the Blue Sky (Soten no Ken in Japanese, right?) gonna get some love?

Fist of the blue sky is awesome.
I gotta read that whole manga.

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

HAYATO
301th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Abe Hiroshi in Hokuto no Ken" , posted Tue 1 Mar 07:46post reply

quote:

Oh gosh. If it's as bad as the new OVAs I'm not sure I can stomach it. Can we get a different director and better use of CGI or NO CGI AT ALL! And NO GAKT APPEARING IN THE CLOSING CREDITS!

Hey, those OVAs weren't that bad...in fact, Shin HNK is Steamboy compared to some Naruto chapters I was forced to watch some days ago...

HAYATO
302th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Abe Hiroshi in Hokuto no Ken" , posted Tue 1 Mar 07:53post reply

quote:

Well, I'm not 100% sure about this, but the guy in the picture looks like Gary Daniels to me, the actor who played Kenshiro in the US Hokuto film...and the only head exploding there was Chris Penn's. I also expect more blood and gutters this time...

Shingo The One
423th Post

Gold Customer

"What's wrong with Hokuto no Ken?" , posted Tue 1 Mar 15:10:post reply

quote:
Uedasan moe

WOW, Hokuto no Ken is still alive?
Damn, this sure is an manga/anime exception that never dies.And I'm glad cause I so love the anime.And the Shin HNK trilogy is shit, even with the seiyuu of The One?
Iggy-san, can you please explain?

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Wed 2 Mar 18:20]

Shingo The One
423th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Abe Hiroshi in Hokuto no Ken" , posted Wed 2 Mar 04:22:post reply

quote:

Hey, those OVAs weren't that bad...in fact, Shin HNK is Steamboy compared to some Naruto chapters I was forced to watch some days ago...

You mean episodes right and what was wrong with them?
Anyway, three anime movies and two anime OVAs for the 3rd Hokuto no Ken.Glad to see it still around.Speaking of which, when will I have the chance to see Shin HNK?

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Wed 2 Mar 20:05]

Bootation
436th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Abe Hiroshi in Hokuto no Ken" , posted Wed 2 Mar 15:40post reply

quote:

Anyway, three movies and two anime OVAS for the 3rd Hokuto no Ken.Glad to see it still around.Speaking of which, when will I have the chance to see Shin HNK?

There has been 3 movies? I know there has been 3 ovas.
BTW the american dubbed version and the japanese subbed version is alot different. They cut out scenes to make the movie different.

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

Shingo The One
484th Post

Gold Customer

"Summary of Hokuto no Ken" , posted Wed 2 Mar 20:35:post reply

quote:

Anyway, three movies and two anime OVAS for the 3rd Hokuto no Ken.Glad to see it still around.Speaking of which, when will I have the chance to see Shin HNK?

There has been 3 movies? I know there has been 3 ovas.
BTW the american dubbed version and the japanese subbed version is alot different. They cut out scenes to make the movie different.

Well I know for sure that Hokuto no Ken(Fist of the North Star)is made up of two anime runs, the legendary 109-episode first run and the 43-episode continuation, both having Kenshiro voiced by the unbelievable Akira Kamiya.
And then came the Shin HNK OVA trilogy, with Kenshiro being voiced by Takehito Koyasu, his most famous role that of Shingo Yabuki, The One, in The King Of Fighters.
And now, in the course of three years starting next year, we'll have the 21st century retelling of the legendary cult first anime run, New Saviour Legend, with this new seiyuu having his big break as Kenshiro, but his and the new series' spotlight is in exactly three years' time.

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Sun 17 Apr 19:41]

Iggy
5918th Post

"Re(1):Summary of Hokuto no Ken" , posted Wed 2 Mar 22:32post reply

quote:
Takehito Koyasu, his most famous role that of Shingo Yabuki

全日が泣いた。

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?

Sano
1538th Post

"Re(1):Summary of Hokuto no Ken" , posted Wed 2 Mar 23:42post reply

quote:

we'll have the 21st century retelling of the legendary cult first anime run, New Saviour Legend, with this new seiyuu having his big break as Kenshiro, but his and the new series' spotlight is in exactly three years' time.

Why retell a classic? When you can just do Fist of the Blue Sky! *&^%#&^&%!!!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Iggy
5921th Post

"Re(2):Summary of Hokuto no Ken" , posted Wed 2 Mar 23:48post reply

quote:
When you can just do Fist of the Blue Sky! *&^%#&^&%!!!

Because no one likes it. It's even more unpopular then Angel Heart.

Sano
1539th Post

"Re(3):Summary of Hokuto no Ken" , posted Thu 3 Mar 01:32post reply

quote:
Because no one likes it. It's even more unpopular then Angel Heart.

So it's unpopular in Japan? Really? What the... Blue Sky OWNZ!!! The stuff that becomes popular in Japan sure boggles the mind sometimes.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Iggy
5922th Post

"Re(4):Summary of Hokuto no Ken" , posted Thu 3 Mar 01:47post reply

quote:
So it's unpopular in Japan? Really? What the... Blue Sky OWNZ!!! The stuff that becomes popular in Japan sure boggles the mind sometimes.

Oh, don't worry, it's nowhere near as bad as Saint Seya Episode G.

HAYATO
309th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Summary of Hokuto no Ken" , posted Thu 3 Mar 18:57post reply

quote:

And now, in the course of three years starting next year, we'll have the 21st century retelling of the legendary cult first anime run, New Saviour Legend, with this new seiyuu having his big break as Kenshiro, but his and the new series' spotlight is in exactly three years' time.

Those are great news!!! Remakes are always welcome, as long as they keep the original series' feeling...

I once read in a hokuto fan site there was a Blue Sky anime adaptation in progress, but it seems it was just a gossip...