Street Fighter Manga and other scans Thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (27509 Views )

Sano
1520th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Street Fighter Manga and other scans Thread" , posted Sun 27 Feb 23:56post reply

Since I got a scanner a few weeks ago, I've been scanning SF stuff like a lunatic over at SRK. Some of this stuff seems random since some of it is by request. These scans are from Mangas, HK comics and other SF stuff. I'll be happy to take requests if I have the source material.

First up is the younger version of Gouki as he appeared in Masahiko Nakahira's Ryu Final Manga. A portrait, and after he killed Gouken thus putting on his beads. The next two are from the SF3 New Generation Hong Kong Comic. A young Urien found Gouki literally down in the dumps and took him to live with his martial arts family, his brother Gill, his martial artist dad and pregnant mother. After Gouki killed their pregnant mother for who knows why his hair became red! Crazy...

Link

Link

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Replies:

Sano
1522th Post

"Re(1):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 00:17:post reply

These are scenes from an SF2V Manga that was very different from the Anime and was serialized in "Bomb! Bomb!" It ended just before Masahiko Nakahira's SF Zero Manga started running and that featured the first appearance of Satsui No Hadou Ryu as Nakahira is credited for creating him. However, this comic gave a sort of 'preview' as to what Satsui No Hadou Ryu would be like of sorts, but here Ryu is consumed with Psycho Power as near as we can tell. Anyone who has this entire SF2V Manga (I only have the beggining and the end.) feel free to let me know what's up with the entire thing. Oh yeah, by the time of this Manga and the SF Zero Manga, it was already known who was going to be in SFZ2 by everybody, hence the cameos in both. Anyway, here's the SF2V manga when Ryu... transforms right up until the end.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 28 Feb 00:18]

Sano
1523th Post

"Re(2):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 00:34:post reply

This is Ryu carrying the huge boulder in Oro's SF3 Third Strike ending and below are the images from Masahiko Nakahira's Ryu Final manga that inspired it.

Link

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 28 Feb 00:39]

Sano
1523th Post

"Re(3):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 00:41post reply

Check out how big Hugo was in Ryu Final!

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

GekigangerV
1064th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 00:47post reply

That is some pretty cool stuff. I want to pick up that manga from the first couple of pics of Gouki. Do you know where I can pick that one up?

BTW Is it just me or does he have a wolverine like look to him?

Sano
1525th Post

"Re(4):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 01:00:post reply

This is from the Hong Kong SF Zero II comic, the only HK comic that actually stuck to SF's storyline. Here's Gouki vs. Goutetsu.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 28 Feb 01:09]

CrazyMax
403th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 01:19post reply

Very cool stuff. I too would like to know if it's possible to get these.

The great wall pic in the last story alone is insane. Some beautiful stuff.

NARUTO
2930th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 01:20post reply

it may sound stupid, but, who is goutetsu??

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

Sano
1526th Post

"Re(4):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 01:20:post reply

quote:
That is some pretty cool stuff. I want to pick up that manga from the first couple of pics of Gouki. Do you know where I can pick that one up?

BTW Is it just me or does he have a wolverine like look to him?

This Thread should help you out. Note that it won't be easy getting these mangas, your best bet is to keep an eye out on Ebay or trying the online store Acclimate Solutions. And someone is going to scanlate Ryu Final online, FINALLY! So if you wish you can wait it out. Check Rhio2k's post on the link for more info.

Link

Yeah, he does kind of look like Wolverine. Ain't it great that they are rivals in X-Men vs. SF!

Back later with more scans.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 28 Feb 01:30]

Sano
1526th Post

"Re(6):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 01:33post reply

quote:
it may sound stupid, but, who is goutetsu??

Goutetsu is Gouken and Gouki's master who got killed by Gouki(Akuma). His only ingame appearance is in Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 1 in Gouki's ending.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Count Hihihi
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 01:46post reply

Thanks for the scans, but could you actually do some hi-res stuff? I don't know what's the purpose of these stamp sized scans.

Sano
1528th Post

"Re(6):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 03:37:post reply

Nah, that's the best I can do. You can always save them to your PC into 'Your Pictures' and enlarge the scans for viewing, depending on what programs you have.

If your interested in tracking down some of the Honk Kong SF Comics, as usual it's best to try to track them down at Ebay or Acclamation Solutions. If you need info, titles and availability or just to know what happens in each book you can check this site, even if it mostly focuses on what happens to Ryu and Chun-Li.

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 28 Feb 03:40]

Adon
1491th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 15:35post reply

So then.. Akuma killed Urien and Gill's mother.
Not cannon correct?

HAYATO
298th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 19:50post reply

quote:

If your interested in tracking down some of the Honk Kong SF Comics, as usual it's best to try to track them down at Ebay or Acclamation Solutions.

There's also a great chinese BT page called greedland, where you can get tons of HK scanned series (I recently got "Storm Riders", "New Oriental Heroes" and some more from there). As the site is in chinese, It'd be a bit difficult to navigate trough it, just in case you don't understand the language (as is my case), so I'd suggest you to use Babel Fish while you search trhough it. But remeber to buy the real thing....

Sano
1529th Post

"Re(8):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Mon 28 Feb 23:33:post reply

quote:
So then.. Akuma killed Urien and Gill's mother.
Not cannon correct?

Oh definitly not canon.

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 28 Feb 23:59]

Sano
1531th Post

"Re(9):Street Fighter Manga and other scans Th" , posted Tue 1 Mar 07:01post reply

Here are some old SF2 images in one of the SF2 CD Dramas. To SF Eternal's credit, the drawings of Mike Bison and Dhalsim are in there but no one else.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Sano
1533th Post

"Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other scans T" , posted Tue 1 Mar 07:06post reply

Last one.

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

IkariDC
299th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Tue 1 Mar 07:14post reply

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/futaenokiwami/CD5.jpg

I always thought Balrog was wearing a mask for not damaging his beautiful face, but now we all know the truth.

Shin Ramberk
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Tue 1 Mar 08:21:post reply

Sano, someone is scanlating Ryu Final!?!?! I can't believe it! I love the manga even though I can't read it. Please let us know more information on the scanlation.

Also, (I apologize for doing this) I am selling a second copy of SvC Chaos graphic novel on ebay. My comic book shop accidentally ordered two copies for me and I didn't have the heart to tell them it was their mistake (they are very good to me!). So I am selling the second copy on ebay.

Click here for the auction.

Okay, enough spamming. Thanks you guys!

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

[this message was edited by Shin Ramberk on Tue 1 Mar 08:22]

GekigangerV
1067th Post

"Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other scans T" , posted Tue 1 Mar 09:00:post reply

quote:
Here are some old SF2 images in one of the SF2 CD Dramas. To SF Eternal's credit, the drawings of Mike Bison and Dhalsim are in there but no one else.

Link

[Tommorow is Chunli's birthday.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Tue 1 Mar 09:01]

HAYATO
304th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Tue 1 Mar 23:11post reply

quote:

He! I never knew I was born the same day as her...what a coincidence

Sano
1536th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Tue 1 Mar 23:47:post reply

Wow, my birthday is on Saturday, small world! Ken's got the funniest Birthday being born on Valentine's Day, LOL!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 2 Mar 00:30]

Sano
1536th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Tue 1 Mar 23:50:post reply

quote:
Sano, someone is scanlating Ryu Final!?!?! I can't believe it! I love the manga even though I can't read it. Please let us know more information on the scanlation.

All I know is what's listed here. Make sure to keep an eye on this link.

Ryu Final Scanlation

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 1 Mar 23:51]

Sano
1536th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Wed 2 Mar 02:41post reply

The book called "Street Fighter Zero 2 Amusement Anthology Series 22" is one of many many SF Anthology books that contain comedic strips and gags of the characters by various artists and most of the time it features really really bad art this side of Dilbert, but there's usually one or two good drawings in the book to make up for it. Anyway, what's special about this book is that it featured artwork by Itoh Mami! Itoh Mami has done Mangas for SF2, SFZ3, Vampire(Darkstalkers), Vampire Hunter, Vampire Savior and even Warzard! Anyway, in this book you'll see his SFZ2 stuff, even if it borders on comedy it's acutally drawn very well compared to the other crap art in the book. Here's his color drawing of Sakura, a one page gag plus a story of Ken interacting with some guest stars from his SFZ2 background!

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

GekigangerV
1067th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Wed 2 Mar 06:22post reply

quote:

He! I never knew I was born the same day as her...what a coincidence

Happy birthday Chunli! Oh and you too HAYATO.

HAYATO
305th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Wed 2 Mar 20:21post reply

quote:

Happy birthday Chunli! Oh and you too HAYATO.

Thanks, GekiV!! . Chun Li told me to give you her thanks as well...she's just too lazy to create a MMCafe account

Sano
1567th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Wed 9 Mar 11:05post reply

Nah, man! Chun-Li was out making that cameo money!

Special thanks to Scorpion of the snk-capcom forums for this pic. Check out Chun-Li in this Slam Masters background!

Link

In case some of you didn't know about this - from All About SF3 NG The Fighting Bible here's pics of the Tokyo stage (Also in Second Impact) with Chun-Li, Lynn Kurosawa and Felicia's cameos! (All About Capcom confirms it's them. Felicia has blonde hair this time but her cat ears are sticking out of her head.)

Link

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Sano
1575th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Wed 9 Mar 11:16:post reply

Here's scans of an X-Men vs. SF doujin (fan made comic) I got when I went to Japan 3 years ago. Most of the comic is full of comic strip style gags but there's a few great drawings in the book.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 9 Mar 15:17]

Sano
1569th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Wed 9 Mar 14:27post reply

Some covers of the SF Hong Kong Comics.

The first two scans are of HK's version on Satsui No Hadou Ryu and Satsui No Hadou Ken. Yeah, HK comics have been rocking SNH Ken long before SVC Chaos came up with Violent Ken. When they used Satsui No Hadou their colors changed. The HK SF3 NG Comic, the HK SF EX Comic and the SFZ3 comic all used the same exact colors. Well, I've never cared about color edit mode but here's something you can try out -

Link

Link

Here's one of my favorite covers of the HK SFZ3 comic. Mostly because R.Mika doesn't have a lot of artwork and this drawing has a nice... use of color...

Link

Here Ryu appears on the cover of the HK comic Blood Scorpion, but only on the cover. It seems the company was playing around with the SF license they had. Heh, heh, with all the crossovers Ryu's been in, this match up doesn't feel as unbelievable as it did back then.

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Sano
1575th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Wed 9 Mar 14:34:post reply

The next batch of images will be from the SFZ3 HK comic. Mostly because it kept a lot of the themes of the other HK comics and I don't have that many issues so it's easier for me to sort through. First a bit of fun.

Link

Link

Pissed off towel wearing Chun-Li fights Ryu, and he gets a boner! LOL! Don't worry, they partner up later. But the previous scan upsets me. Not only are my two favorite video game characters fighting, but BY ALL THAT'S HOLY WON'T SOMEONE SAVE THE DREAMCAST! ROFL!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 9 Mar 15:19]

Sano
1571th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other s" , posted Wed 9 Mar 14:39post reply

From the same series, here's Vega's(Cape) Master. He's shown up in other HK comics sporting a similar look.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Sano
1575th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and other" , posted Wed 9 Mar 14:48:post reply

The HK SFZ3 comic also featured Maki, a lot, as if she was a main character of SFZ3 or something. It was obviously influenced by "Sakura Ganbaru!" and Nakahira bringing Maki back into the lime light. Who would of thought way back then that Capcom would eventually put Maki in SFZ3 for the Gameboy Advance? But "Sakura Ganbaru!" was probably one of the reasons Maki was in CVS2 in the first place, and then ported over to SFZ3 for the GBA. Anyway, here's Maki from that comic. She almost fights Ryu until Cody pulls her away.

Link

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 9 Mar 15:17]

Sano
1573th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and " , posted Wed 9 Mar 14:50post reply

One more of Maki.

Link

And this isn't Gouki. In this comic, Goutetsu had an extra pupil.

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Sano
1586th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and" , posted Wed 9 Mar 15:16:post reply

Here's a pic I've yet to see online from "The Magnificent World of Chun-Li" which featured Chun-Li vs. Cammy in the SF2 Animated Movie style.

Link

And from the other two SF2 Animated Movie books I have, here's picks of a Shadowloo lady that was cut out of the movie.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Anyway, this will wrap up this thread due to me being too busy with a bunch of online scanning requests, and I'm still waiting on translations of other things I scanned. You can always check the thread below where I put down anything I manage to scan, check the later pages and beyond. Thanks for all the kind words!

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 15 Mar 06:55]

Ishmael
1878th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and" , posted Wed 9 Mar 23:51post reply

I swear HK authors pull random words out of a hat and base their stories around them. Thanks for all the scans Sano, the screaming baby Ryu was more entertaining than it probably was supposed to be.

Sano
1586th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and" , posted Tue 15 Mar 07:04post reply

EDIT: Accidentally moded my previous post and removed some of the Hong Kong Comic book stuff, you can see the stuff I accidentally removed on on this page. Mainly, baby Ryu...

Link

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

NARUTO
2947th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and" , posted Tue 15 Mar 20:11post reply

Is it me or this shadoloo lady (seems to be called Dancer)looks SO close to poison???

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

Sano
1588th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Street Fighter Manga and" , posted Tue 15 Mar 23:38post reply

quote:
Is it me or this shadoloo lady (seems to be called Dancer)looks SO close to poison???

Yeah, she does look like Poison, but I think Dancer's an actual woman...

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

Sano
1589th Post

"Ryu Final Manga scanlation coming soon!" , posted Wed 16 Mar 02:54post reply

More on Ryu Final's scanlation. Me and Gabrielzero of SRK signed up to Mangaqwest to express how excited we were about the Ryu Final Project which the author says is coming soon. If you feel like saying what's up and signing on the site (It only has 10 members right now) please do! It may speed things along showing your enthusiasm for the project, it may not, who knows. But it's worth a try. ^_^

Ryu Finally!

Ryu and Chun-Li forever!

HAYATO
333th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Ryu Final Manga scanlation coming soon!" , posted Wed 16 Mar 08:19post reply

Well, those are good news. I downloaded some scanned episodes from eMule, and it looked quite interesting. And I liked the drawing style...