Ys 7 !? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1665 Views )

Iggy
5853th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Ys 7 !?" , posted Tue 22 Feb 20:14post reply

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

Replies:

Mosquiton
1525th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Ys 7 !?" , posted Wed 23 Feb 05:34post reply

quote:

Rad-ass. Ys 6 was actually the first game in the series I had played, and I really dug it.

Can anyone tell me what games are considered best in the series? I might check out a few of the prior titles if I sprout some spare time.

/ / /

Pollyanna
874th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Ys 7 !?" , posted Wed 23 Feb 06:29post reply

Ys I and II are just about everyone's favorites. They're a bit dated by today's standards, but they're still my favorites as well. You might want to check out the remake, which is altogether excellent, excluding the soundtrack. (which is not bad, but has had much better mixes, like the PC Engine version, for example).

I tink some online group tranlated Ys 4 (which I enjoyed) as well as Ys 5 (which I did not enjoy). Ys 3 isn't very popular, but I like it...

Spoon
787th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Ys 7 !?" , posted Wed 23 Feb 12:42post reply

Ys 3 I played on SNES and it wasn't bad at all... humourously, you'll find the best way to level involves standing still while holding up (for what we have termed, the "vibro blade") near a flying enemy spawn.

Amakusa
582th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Ys 7 !?" , posted Fri 25 Feb 15:42post reply

quote:

Can anyone tell me what games are considered best in the series? I might check out a few of the prior titles if I sprout some spare time.

PC Engine game Ys I & II
PC Engine game Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys

Those are the ones. Note that Dawn of Ys is nothing like Mask of the Sun on the Super Famicom (I myself played only Mask of the Sun between the two).

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."