Romancing SaGa 2: Where is that idiot Thoma?! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4139 Views )

Nate
443th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Romancing SaGa 2: Where is that idiot Thoma?!" , posted Tue 22 Feb 07:37post reply

Okay, so I've been playing Romancing SaGa 2 lately and I'm up to the Cumberland scenario with the Holy Orders. I chose Thoma as the heir to the throne in Douglas. I then went to Sophia, causing the two of us to go to Georg. More talking, then I have to go plug up that hole at the border of Cumberland. I do that and then assume I need to go back to Douglas. I sneak into the castle, make my way to the prison, and go through the hidden door where I'm TOLD Thoma is supposed to be. HE'S NEVER THERE. Where the hell is he?! Is there a time limit I'm not aware of that I have to make it to the prison in Douglas by? Do I need to talk to anyone first? Please help me out here!

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Replies:

Iggy
5852th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Romancing SaGa 2: Where is that idiot T" , posted Tue 22 Feb 08:26:post reply

quote:
Okay, so I've been playing Romancing SaGa 2 lately

I knew you were a lovely person.
quote:
Where the hell is he?!

I'm not sure, since I let everyone die in this scenario lately, but I guess he is outside the castle, by the window. To get there, in Douglas, look for a field in the right, you should notice two squares of fence are missing. Enter on the field by the holes and try to walk through the trees on the right (a little like when you unlock the dark magic study in Avalon); if I'm not mistaken, it makes a U turn to the castle, and you should find Thomas there; then a soldier will come and be very mean, then you will get a long RS1 style map to bring Thomas to safety.

Or maybe not. If my memory is rusty, then let them all die and come back a few centuries later, that's what they deserve anyway (except the big brother, I agree).

If you already tried this place and don't want to let them die, I'll check tomorrow.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Tue 22 Feb 08:31]

Nate
444th Post

Gold Customer

"Problem Solved" , posted Tue 22 Feb 09:01post reply

quote:
Okay, so I've been playing Romancing SaGa 2 lately
I knew you were a lovely person.

Tohoho.

quote:

I'm not sure, since I let everyone die in this scenario lately, but I guess he is outside the castle, by the window. To get there, in Douglas, look for a field in the right, you should notice two squares of fence are missing. Enter on the field by the holes and try to walk through the trees on the right (a little like when you unlock the dark magic study in Avalon); if I'm not mistaken, it makes a U turn to the castle, and you should find Thomas there; then a soldier will come and be very mean, then you will get a long RS1 style map to bring Thomas to safety.

Or maybe not. If my memory is rusty, then let them all die and come back a few centuries later, that's what they deserve anyway (except the big brother, I agree).

If you already tried this place and don't want to let them die, I'll check tomorrow.

Actually, I figured it out shortly after I posted. You need to go back and talk to Georg and Sophia in order for Thoma to appear where he's supposed to. Then everybody lives and happy happy. I'm actually on the next generation now playing as a Holy Order Male. I don't know who else to put in my group, though. I wanted an axe user but I don't think the pirate will join me yet even though I cleared out the mines for him. Bastard. I was thinking of going and getting the Amazoness for axes but I think the emperor must be female and I don't think I have any saves right before the generation switch. Ah well.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

DarkZero
1121th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Problem Solved" , posted Tue 22 Feb 11:38post reply

quote:

Actually, I figured it out shortly after I posted. You need to go back and talk to Georg and Sophia in order for Thoma to appear where he's supposed to. Then everybody lives and happy happy. I'm actually on the next generation now playing as a Holy Order Male. I don't know who else to put in my group, though. I wanted an axe user but I don't think the pirate will join me yet even though I cleared out the mines for him. Bastard. I was thinking of going and getting the Amazoness for axes but I think the emperor must be female and I don't think I have any saves right before the generation switch. Ah well.

This game sounds intriguing. Is there any English version, like a ROM hack or something?

Iggy
5852th Post

"Re(1):Problem Solved" , posted Tue 22 Feb 17:07post reply

Dark Zero : I really don't know, as you could have guessed...
But yes, this is my favourite RPG ever. One of the only Sa.Ga game that is also a great game by itself.

quote:
I wanted an axe user but I don't think the pirate will join me yet even though I cleared out the mines for him. Bastard.

Both the pirate and the lizardman are assholes for this. But they are both worth the trouble. (there is a tricky way to get the pirate in your team before the Galon event, but really, I had no idea before I saw this page).
If you want an axe user, look here (I think you were the one to find the site in the first place, for the unused character graphics?). Characters with 槍・斧 or 斧 can learn every axe attack.
If you just made a generation jump, then your male holy order should be Paul, and he can use the axe pretty well.
At worse, Titus, Jason and Hypollite ( Free Orders) but they are so ugly I would pass, if I were you.
You could take Coperia ? If she's already been build, she may not be useless yet, and having her as the empress next time is always worth the trouble..

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?

Nate
445th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Problem Solved" , posted Tue 22 Feb 23:51post reply

quote:
Both the pirate and the lizardman are assholes for this. But they are both worth the trouble. (there is a tricky way to get the pirate in your team before the Galon event, but really, I had no idea before I saw this page).
If you want an axe user, look here (I think you were the one to find the site in the first place, for the unused character graphics?). Characters with 槍・斧 or 斧 can learn every axe attack.

Yes, I should've thought to check the second site.

quote:
If you just made a generation jump, then your male holy order should be Paul, and he can use the axe pretty well.

Actually my Holy Order is Peter for some reason. I also didn't realize that he HAS no specialization in weapons, unless that's a good thing. He is able to use Fire, Wind and Light magic, though, so it might be salveageable.

quote:
At worse, Titus, Jason and Hypollite ( Free Orders) but they are so ugly I would pass, if I were you.

Yes, I hate the Free Fighters as well. Their sprites are by far the ugliest, especially the male's. Why does he have such a tiny, tiny head?!

quote:
You could take Coperia ? If she's already been build, she may not be useless yet, and having her as the empress next time is always worth the trouble..

Do I need to do anything to activate the Copperia scenario?

Oh, and I do have a save before the generation jump after all. I think I have to just redo the mines quest and then it switches. I might have to do more than that, though, ugh. I remember I had a female City Thief as a possible successor, so I might go through with it to get the Amazoness and do the whole Rocbouquet quest without all the stupid "YOU'RE CHARMED DO MY WORK LOL" crap she pulls. Then again, maybe it's not the best idea given that Noel gets really pissed off if you kill her first.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Iggy
5855th Post

"Re(3):Problem Solved" , posted Wed 23 Feb 02:33post reply

quote:
I also didn't realize that he HAS no specialization in weapons, unless that's a good thing. He is able to use Fire, Wind and Light magic, though, so it might be salveageable.

無し1 is not as bad as 無し2, since it can learn a few useful techniques like the fudôken, for example (check by yourself). You can also try to give him an axe to get at least the most basic moves, so your pirate wouldn't have to carry along the weakest techniques. To make him a bit more useful, you would make him levelup your weakest magics (water and earth, maybe light?) at the same time. He won't be powerful, but it will be for the good of your next generations. Also, 100% magic user is not bad at all.

quote:
Why does he have such a tiny, tiny head?!

Because the female is hydrocephalic, so he has to equilibrate.

quote:
Do I need to do anything to activate the Copperia scenario?

Copperia is created by Hiraga the 18th. Maybe it's still too early?

quote:
I remember I had a female City Thief as a possible successor, so I might go through with it to get the Amazoness and do the whole Rocbouquet quest without all the stupid "YOU'RE CHARMED DO MY WORK LOL" crap she pulls.

My usual evil strategy, at each new generation, is to have an emperor with a particular skill (physical or magic or HP) higher than my current emperor, or someone with a formation I haven't learned yet, then I get it, kill him, and repeat it 3 or 4 times. (I usually take very ugly characters like the free orders or the city thieves). It's especially good for the HP, since at least this parameter is indexed on the empero's HP at each time jump, so your emperor should always have the highest HP of your team. Also, this heartless techniques gives him 250 SP and/orWP much faster, which is always useful.

If you get a garbage female character like the city thief, you can go see the Amazon with her all alone (flee all battles, of course), befriend her, then leave and get killed to reincarnate into someone you like.
I'm not sure, but I think even a male emperor would then be able to come in the amazon village, even though Lockbuketan would still be alive.
The best situation would be of course to befriend the amazon, get killed, and reincarnate into the amazon herself : you would have a strong leader AND the amazon strike. You may have to kill half a dozen garbage character to have her appear as a possible reincarnation, though. (whatever happens, save BEFORE in case... I dont know, just in case).

quote:
Then again, maybe it's not the best idea given that Noel gets really pissed off if you kill her first.

I don't think he gets any stronger, does he? He just attacks you immediatly instead of giving you the opportunity to learn more about them and get the Desert Guard without fighting him yet?