Iggy
5848th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Gyakuten Saiban Love and Trial" , posted Tue 22 Feb 04:12post reply

The 3/25, a novel.

It will have informations on GS DS.
(crosses fingers).

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

Replies:

Iggy
5866th Post

"Yomigaeru Gyakuten" , posted Wed 23 Feb 18:44:post reply

From the nearest ゲーハー板 :
逆転裁判 甦る逆転
Capcom, no release date.
Gyakuten Saiban 1 + one new episode that will make use of the gimmicks of the DS (and only THIS episode). Mitsurugi will be the key person of this episode.

カプコンのブランドつぶしキタ━━(゚∀゚)━( ゚∀)━(  ゚)━(  )━(  )━(゚ )━(∀゚ )━(゚∀゚)━━!!!!!

OK, so, where is my gazoline tank so I immolate myself in front of the buildings of Capcom ?

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 23 Feb 18:59]

Pollyanna
877th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Yomigaeru Gyakuten" , posted Wed 23 Feb 19:33post reply

That totally sucks. Ahhh...but what sucks the most is that Mitsurugi is the best candidate for a side story AND my favorite character, so now I'll have to buy the damned game (again).

I want to say "it's OK if it's Mitsurugi", but I really feel like all the GS games had the right number of trials and that adding more might upset the perfect balance.

Iggy
5866th Post

"Re(2):Yomigaeru Gyakuten" , posted Wed 23 Feb 19:53post reply

quote:
I want to say "it's OK if it's Mitsurugi", but I really feel like all the GS games had the right number of trials and that adding more might upset the perfect balance.

I guess they'll stick it between episode 3 and 4 ? Or they will make it available from the start, totally unrelated to the rest? I really don't see how it will work...

Pollyanna
879th Post

"Re(3):Yomigaeru Gyakuten" , posted Wed 23 Feb 20:15post reply

Well, there's this untapped potential after GS1 and before the end of GS2 for an entire Mitsurugi game as far as I'm concerned.

I think "extra" episodes are generally unecessary because the GS games were so complete. (and extra chapters would only be for fun, since they could have any real impact on the characters)

Buuut...with Mitsurugi's (American?) adventures something meaningful could happen, because he had changed (emotionally) when he returned in GS2. Of course, now that I think about it, he was searching for the "true purpose of a prosecutor" or something like that and I don't know if he actually had any court cases. My memory is getting fuzzy on this...

But anyway, with what you said, it might be fun to play as the "bad" Mitsurugi from GS1, but it couldn't contribute to the overall plot much.

Iggy
5867th Post

"Re(4):Yomigaeru Gyakuten" , posted Thu 24 Feb 00:49post reply

quote:
But anyway, with what you said, it might be fun to play as the "bad" Mitsurugi from GS1, but it couldn't contribute to the overall plot much.

And it could allow a cameo appearance from a really hysterical Mei (before she became a wimp in GS3) who learns what happens to her father ?
My biggest problem is that they will publish another huge kaitaishinsho and I will be obliged to buy it.
Oh well.

Pollyanna
880th Post

"Re(5):Yomigaeru Gyakuten" , posted Thu 24 Feb 07:33post reply

I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't get Mei in ANY Mitsurugi scenario. But then again, at this point, I'm so upset that it doesn't even matter anymore. This the the meanest thing that Capcom could have possibly done. I'll be angry about this for years.

Well...unless they release all the new scenarios as one game sometime in the future...

Iggy
5873th Post

"Re(6):Yomigaeru Gyakuten" , posted Thu 24 Feb 08:22post reply

quote:
But then again, at this point, I'm so upset that it doesn't even matter anymore. This the the meanest thing that Capcom could have possibly done. I'll be angry about this for years.

Now I've read the Takushû interview, my anger fell down a little.

So, he doesn't hide the fact that it was some big Capcom guy who said "Let's sell GS out of Japan". But the thing is, when Takushû worked on GS1, he fantasized about the game being released worldwide (a little like the reason why he made the game happen in 2014 or refused to use any immediate reference, because he wanted the game to be still good when it would be remade ten years from now). But of course, it wasn't released and he moved on. That's why there are not much Japanese-only indications or gag beside the name of some characters in GS1; and as a matter of fact, there is the "Suzuki" writting in GS2, or the "Karei" event in the end of GS3, and lots of strange ways of talking (like Hoshiidake Aiga) but GS1 is quite low in the wacky Japanese department.
So, at first, they thought they'll release just GS1 on DS out of Japan. Then they thought they could release it in Japan as well, but if they didn't add anything to it, Japanese players would be sad (I would have said "mad as hell" myself) so they added the new episode.

Then, he says he really likes the DS, and his favourite gimmick is the touch screen. The double screen is quite hard to use effectively for him, but he had a lot of ideas for the touch screen. But since the game was mostly the original GS1, they couldn't change and add tons of new systems in it (I smell a struggle between Takushu and his hierarchy, where he wanted to make a totally new game and they didn't want to take any risks).

So, the new episode is made for people who begin the series with GS1, and Mitsurugi is a key person... for now, but since he's still writting it, it may change in the future (I love this guy).
Also, really good stuff : Since he thought to the japanese fans who would buy the game only for that episode, he made something really huge. He didn't want them to be disapointed with a short bonus (I smell again a disagreement with his boss... I think he really didn't want to release the game again). The players who would discover the game now will be really surprised to see the difference of length between the new episode and the regular GS1 episodes, it's really longer than the 4th (so it's at the end? After Gô?). Also, it will be specifically designed for the DS, so it will use it (probably the touch screen, which he really seems to like) far more than the 4 old episodes.

SO.
After reading this, I've calmed down a lot. I really have the feeling Takushû was against this game, but once he was forced to do it, he apologizes to the players by working as much as he can on the new episode. I still resent Capcom, but my love for Takushû nearly doubled with this. And when he talks about the Japanese jokes in GS2 and 3, he talks about the players wanting to go check GS2 and 3 on GBA, so he really doesn'tw ant to make the same thing to the two other episodes (but if they force him, there won't be anything he can do).
Also, the bastard knows how to sell a game.
But more importantly, now, we're sure the new episode is written by Takushû, not some untalented guy who worked on DMC before. Now I just want to know if Iwamoto is doing the art for the new characters, and I will come back to a (moderate) excitement about this game.

Pollyanna
882th Post

"Re(7):Yomigaeru Gyakuten" , posted Thu 24 Feb 09:00post reply

Wow. I'm really glad you posted this. Of course, I'm still irritated, but it makes sense now at least. It's like when Square releases an "International" version of a game...which irritates me a bit, but it's reasonable. If they could manage to release it for a reduced price, then I'd forgive them totally.