Original message (3406 Views )

Altimus
118th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Sat 19 Feb 06:51post reply

http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

quote:
AOU: Sammy announced they are working on a new installment of Guilty Gear, the game will be revealed at a later time.

It looks like Shingo was right.

Does anyone have an more information?

Replies:

deisied
255th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Sat 19 Feb 11:01post reply

HYAKU MEGA SHOCK

I don't know what to say, I mean. With a series like this you kinda need to shake it up, but, I guess that was Isuka? Sigh...

Well, a fighting game series that's actually respectful enough to end itself, instead of being ended, will probably go out pretty damn well.

NARUTO
2920th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Sun 20 Feb 04:39post reply

What did they mean by "a later time"?? later in the AOU show, or later in the year??

Anyway, hope it'll bring some changes to the serie...

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

Ishmael
1839th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Sun 20 Feb 07:00post reply

I was sort of hoping for some news about Sammy vs Capcom but news of a new GG is nice, if not exactly unexpected.

Pollyanna
864th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Sun 20 Feb 07:30post reply

quote:
I was sort of hoping for some news about Sammy vs Capcom but news of a new GG is nice, if not exactly unexpected.

My sentiments exactly.

But...for me...if they can improve XXX as much as they did XX (from X) then it'll be the best game ever.

HAYATO
284th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Sun 20 Feb 18:39post reply

I just hope they end the storyline once and for all, I'd hate to see a nice plot (for a fighting game) like this ruined by an artificial lengthening...

Oroch
797th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Mon 21 Feb 02:24post reply

quote:

My sentiments exactly.

But...for me...if they can improve XXX as much as they did XX (from X) then it'll be the best game ever.

hmmmmmm

HOT SEX!

Undead Fred
2141th Post

"Re(6):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Wed 23 Feb 02:04post reply

quote:
I just hope they end the storyline once and for all, I'd hate to see a nice plot (for a fighting game) like this ruined by an artificial lengthening...

I guess the way I see fighting games is that they can be a kind of ongoing story, so I don't really mind if they keep making sequels, as long as they've got something fresh to them. Well, prequel sequels like the SF Alpha series should probably end sometime, but I don't see why other fighting games can't keep going.

Sano
1510th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(7):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Wed 23 Feb 05:36:post reply

I would like to see The Man, Raven and Fanny as selectable characters already. And bring back A.B.A. Leapaldon can be a sub boss. And Robo Ky. And for the home version, please don't make me unlock Justice and Kliff again. Oh, while I'm at it, I'd like Sammy to give me a billion dollars.

Seriously, a new GG game coming out is good news. 2D Forever!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 23 Feb 06:02]

NARUTO
2925th Post

"Re(8):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Thu 24 Feb 04:30post reply

quote:
I would like to see The Man, Raven and Fanny as selectable characters already. And bring back A.B.A. Leapaldon can be a sub boss. And Robo Ky. And for the home version, please don't make me unlock Justice and Kliff again. Oh, while I'm at it, I'd like Sammy to give me a billion dollars.

Seriously, a new GG game coming out is good news. 2D Forever!

Am I the only one to find curious that sammy announced the game without showing anything????
I mean, when they announced past games, ther were always a screenshot, or some artworks, even for isuka a logo of the tittle, for this one nothing.....curious to know why...

And before the characters, I wish they could change all the bad thing the game have IMO...

IkariDC
293th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(9):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Thu 24 Feb 05:32post reply

quote:

And before the characters, I wish they could change all the bad thing the game have IMO...

And which are all those bad things you mention?

I just want a NEW game, not another that will continue with the trend of GGX to GGXX to GGXX#R to GGIsuka, like all those Street Fighter II games... Ok, from GGX to GGXX there was quite an improvement but, you get what I mean.

Burning Ranger
1071th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Thu 24 Feb 06:49post reply

quote:

I just want a NEW game, not another that will continue with the trend of GGX to GGXX to GGXX#R to GGIsuka, like all those Street Fighter II games... Ok, from GGX to GGXX there was quite an improvement but, you get what I mean.

What the next GG could have that would take it beyond what's out there:
- Tag battles
- Different Systems (ISMs, Groove's, Extra & Advanced modes
- A real plane system 1v1 (like Fatal Fury, not like Isuka)
- New heroes

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

exodus
2393th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Thu 24 Feb 07:54post reply

I want to see some official news on this...anyone have relevant links?

Iggy
5872th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Thu 24 Feb 07:58post reply

quote:
I want to see some official news on this...anyone have relevant links?

I have found nothing myself.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

exodus
2394th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Thu 24 Feb 08:12post reply

quote:

I have found nothing myself.

damn >_<

I also wonder what happened to the arc systems fighter that was supposed to come on type-x. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Iggy
5875th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Thu 24 Feb 08:37post reply

quote:
damn >_<

I also wonder what happened to the arc systems fighter that was supposed to come on type-x. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I really didn't checked, because I'm not a GG fan, but I just took a closer look to the 2ch arcade board and some GG-only boards, and nobody is talking about it in any thread.
Beside, the only source we have is The Magic Box, who is... The Magic Box.
Who's with me to jump in the hoax wagon?

Because, you know, everybody knows they are working on a new fighting game for some time now, it would be really odd to confirm it but not show anything, and for that announcement to be overlooked by the serious gaming sites?

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

deisied
265th Post

Copper Customer

"Guilty Ishiwatari" , posted Thu 24 Feb 12:42:post reply

quote:

- Tag battles
- New heroes

Or new ideas.

[this message was edited by deisied on Thu 24 Feb 12:42]

Burning Ranger
1072th Post

"Re(1):Guilty Ishiwatari" , posted Thu 24 Feb 14:57post reply

quote:

- Tag battles
- New heroes

Or new ideas.

Upside-down fighting?

Time Mage
2059th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Thu 24 Feb 18:25post reply

quote:

Who's with me to jump in the hoax wagon?

Me!

Not having any more news than a simple "we are working on something", and being the only source the magicbox is quite suspicious. But at first I believed it, dammit!

Pollyanna
885th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(7):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Thu 24 Feb 18:30post reply

The information is so limtied and vague that we don't need to think of it as "hoax" really. There's going to be some GG game sometime in the future and it's being worked on in some way now. I think we can put faith in that.

NARUTO
2927th Post

"Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 04:24post reply

quote:

And which are all those bad things you mention?

Well there is a lot's of stuff that can be changed in a new GG game some being objective some other being only for my own taste. Like those for exemple:

objectively:
- new backgroud, not some copipe.
- game system a bit less messy.
- better animaton.
- stop the ridiculous and pathetic color-edited characters...
- Give dizzy an instant kill please!!

IMO:
- get rid of the useless thing (like small charcter next to life bar).
- burst is overpowered (should be able to stop a DM with it)
- game system is a bit a button masher for me.
- A true Boss, not a EX version of a characters.
- No more EX characters, waste this spaces with brand new one.

OF course the GG serie have his own quality they didn't touch at all, like the characters style, the music, and a good storyline for a VS.

I still hope a for a sequel with redrawn characters, and no more ugly thing like Dizzy's wings, were necro is just a huge green stuff with a minimum of details in it.

Phoenix
728th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Guilty Ishiwatari" , posted Fri 25 Feb 04:43post reply

quote:

Upside-down fighting?

How about Psychic Force 3? That would be innovative right?

IkariDC
294th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 04:56post reply

I agree with pretty much everything you stated.

quote:

objectively:
- new backgroud, not some copipe.
- game system a bit less messy.
- better animaton.
- Give dizzy an instant kill please!!

The animation is fine with me, but I'm not going to complain if they redraw the characters with a better animation.

My only grip about the game system is the Roman Cancel and the False Roman Cancel. I never bothered to learn that stuff because of the combo system: The larger your combo, the shorter the damage. So, why I'm going to bother doing a RC or a FRC if it's going to wipe out my tension bar in exchange of minor damage, if I can make more damage doing another combo + DM later?

Whenever I play this game with a friend I scream, PICK YOUR CHARACTER WITH THE SQUARE BUTTON!!!

quote:

IMO:
- get rid of the useless thing (like small charcter next to life bar).
- burst is overpowered (should be able to stop a DM with it)
- game system is a bit a button masher for me.
- A true Boss, not a EX version of a characters.
- No more EX characters, waste this spaces with brand new one.

Burst overpowered?

Yeah, a true boss! But I don't mind if they make EX characters available. It's something like Terry, Ryo & co. in KOF 98.

I agree once again with you, the unique and interesting story, the character designs and the music is what makes this game standout and so special.

They should realice that this game is screaming on getting it's own anime series.

NARUTO
2929th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 05:31post reply

quote:
I agree with pretty much everything you stated.

thanks ^^
quote:

The animation is fine with me, but I'm not going to complain if they redraw the characters with a better animation.

I always found it lower than MOTW for exemple and on some particular move, I find it ugly...
quote:

My only grip about the game system is the Roman Cancel and the False Roman Cancel. I never bothered to learn that stuff because of the combo system: The larger your combo, the shorter the damage. So, why I'm going to bother doing a RC or a FRC if it's going to wipe out my tension bar in exchange of minor damage, if I can make more damage doing another combo + DM later?

Same for me......
quote:

Whenever I play this game with a friend I scream, PICK YOUR CHARACTER WITH THE SQUARE BUTTON!!!

Well there is 2 sometimes 3 color edit nice, but all those all yellow or some other a really hideous....
quote:

Burst overpowered?

You can stop anything with it!! IMO super or IK shouldn't be stoped by it..
quote:

Yeah, a true boss! But I don't mind if they make EX characters available. It's something like Terry, Ryo & co. in KOF 98.

I've nothing agaisnt EXs, it's just that the memory space they use can be used for a totaly different character....
quote:

I agree once again with you, the unique and interesting story, the character designs and the music is what makes this game standout and so special.

They should realice that this game is screaming on getting it's own anime series.

indeed.

Korigama
38th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 05:42post reply

quote:

Well there is 2 sometimes 3 color edit nice, but all those all yellow or some other a really hideous....

Pretty much the way it is with every other fighter: some are good (like what some would call Ky's "Vash the Stampede" alternate from GGXX, sadly removed in #R), most are bad (pretty much all of Sol's, with many of the good ones for everyone else in GGXX gone).

ShadowSonic
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 05:51post reply

quote:

Roman Cancelling (False or otherwise) resets the damage buffer, I believe. Using it WILL boost the damage of your combos a good deal.

For example,
Axl:
df + P, S, DP + S (RC) jK, jH, D, DP + H
Does something like 180 damage on Sol, which is pretty damn good for half a stock if you ask me.

Not learning RCs or FRCs takes a lot out of the game, in my opinion.

Where darkness turns to light and order turns to chaos. 2003.

IkariDC
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 06:08post reply

quote:

Roman Cancelling (False or otherwise) resets the damage buffer, I believe. Using it WILL boost the damage of your combos a good deal.

For example,
Axl:
Does something like 180 damage on Sol, which is pretty damn good for half a stock if you ask me.

Well, I thought it was going to be worth learning, but I tried it and I think that it didn't reset the damage buffer. It left me with a "WTF is the deal?" face.

I'll try again.

Korigama
40th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 06:21:post reply

quote:

For example,
Axl:

Well, I thought it was going to be worth learning, but I tried it and I think that it didn't reset the damage buffer. It left me with a "WTF is the deal?" face.

I'll try again.

One that I like to use...

Jam
1.)d, d+K (charges QCF+K)
2.)d, d+S (charges QCB+K)
3.)d, d+HS (charges DP+K)
4.)(near enemy, w/full Tension gauge) QCF, QCF+HS --> RC after 1st hit --> QCF+K --> DP+K --> QCB+K (>75%, how much depending on the opponent)

[this message was edited by Korigama on Fri 25 Feb 06:22]

Altimus
120th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 06:30post reply

quote:

FRCs and RCs are used for other reasons besides creating huge combo chains. Just about all of Anji's FRCs are used defensively, to escape the opponent, Sol's FRC gunflame and Ky's FRC stun edge are used for rushdown, because the projectiles make them invincible.

That's the wonder of it all, they're so complex

And by the way, in advanced play, deathmoves are laughable, with the exception of 2 characters deathmoves will NEVER EVER work, unless you don't know how block.

quote:

For example,
Axl:

Actually, it doesn't reset the damage buffer. I believe the only thing that actually does is air throwing.

But yeah, learn your FRCs with your characters, I think they're the best thing to happen to a fighting game ever.

Undead Fred
2147th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 06:53post reply

quote:

- better animaton.

Better animation?? I thought it was pretty good, actually... I mean, no one does any "trembly hold poses" like in Capcom's X-Men fighter (and the cross-overs), but the animation in Guilty Gear is some pretty good stuff.

I do agree with the color variations comment, though... I just wish there was a constant method for choosing the "real" color scheme in fighting games... I always hated hitting the wrong button and getting stuck with Grapety Purple Yamazaki for the rest of the match. Guilty Gear's got some strange color combos for the alternates, too. Heh heh.

As for the comments on OMG INNOVATION, personally, I'm just happy to see new fighters come out period. They usually change up the fighting game systems enough from game to game to make them feel fresh and distinct... I would say the character's moves and the inputs for the moves is what really sets each fighting game series apart from one another. If you've got a bunch of characters that feel really similar to each other or more than one feel a lot like Ryu or Ken for example, then that will take away from the game more than just the system.

I guess I'm just tired of hearing people say "do something new" when it comes to new games... It sounds like someone walking up to a game developer and saying MAKE A KICK-ASS GAME PLZ. The developer just answers, "Thanks, I didn't know to do that" and goes back to work. Of course new ideas are great, but as long as the games are still fun and the characters are still interesting, I don't really care if fighters revolutionize the entire genre with every sequel or not.

HAYATO
291th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 07:29post reply

I think Guilty Gear is just good as it is. I'd only add some more animations per character and give them new/ modified specials and supers, plus those characters we already know of their existence (The Man, Leopoldon, the future Axel thing, ABA....).

Add some story development and you'll get the perfect sequel to GGXX

Burning Ranger
1073th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 07:39post reply

quote:
I think Guilty Gear is just good as it is. I'd only add some more animations per character and give them new/ modified specials and supers, plus those characters we already know of their existence (The Man, Leopoldon, the future Axel thing, ABA....).

Add some story development and you'll get the perfect sequel to GGXX

Yeah. Look at KOF as an example. From 1994-98, nothing really major was changed. The Extra/Advanced modes aren't what I consider major changes because when you think about it, they kind of already play the same.

Time Mage
2060th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 07:40post reply

quote:

Slayer, GGXX & GGXX#R: S,S,S,Sxx236K, RC ,Hxx214P,P Deals more damage than any combo into Overdrive would do, it's really, really easy, and makes good use of the FRC.

Faust, GGXX: S,S,Hxx236S, FRC, run, K, jump, K, double jump, K,S,H

Does more damage than S,S,Hxx236236S, it's more reliable, and only drains 1/4 tension.

Chipp, GGXX & GGXX#R: S,6P(1 hit),S,S,Hxx236P, RC, H, jump, S,Hxx623S.

Does a lot of damage for being Chipp, it's his most damaging combo that I know, and does use RC.

I could list more, and there are also the other applications of RC and FRC that Altimus has mentioned, but you get the picture.

HAYATO
293th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):New Guilty Gear announced" , posted Fri 25 Feb 07:48post reply

quote:

Yeah. Look at KOF as an example. From 1994-98, nothing really major was changed. The Extra/Advanced modes aren't what I consider major changes because when you think about it, they kind of already play the same.

Yeah, but at least KOFs have different stages, a real GG flaw I forgot to mention. Please, Ishiwatari, draw more stages, you cheap bitch!!! I'm tired of seeing the same backgrounds all the time, I just hope they seriously think about making at least one per character this time....