Mario Kart Arcade - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3273 Views )

Kikkoken
840th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Fri 18 Feb 18:35:post reply

Mario Kart will finally be playable in arcades. This is thanks to the Namco-Nintendo cooperation and the Triforce. The system also includes a Mini-cam to get a nice pic of you and pastes it on Bowser's face and the likes. If you ever thought Mario was a dick head, you know what is left to do...
I can't wait to try that instalment, all the more so as it recaptures old-school gameplay with the comeback of THE COINS!!!

Drive Me

[this message was edited by Kikkoken on Fri 18 Feb 18:36]

Replies:

NARUTO
2917th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Fri 18 Feb 21:02post reply

quote:
Mario Kart will finally be playable in arcades. This is thanks to the Namco-Nintendo cooperation and the Triforce. The system also includes a Mini-cam to get a nice pic of you and pastes it on Bowser's face and the likes. If you ever thought Mario was a dick head, you know what is left to do...
I can't wait to try that instalment, all the more so as it recaptures old-school gameplay with the comeback of THE COINS!!!

Drive Me

WWeeeee!!!
Could be fun in arcade....

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

digitalboy
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Fri 18 Feb 22:54post reply

Usually I would select Luigi when I do play any Mario Kart installments. Most likely if I do find this game I will pick Luigi.

quote:
If you ever thought Mario was a dick head, you know what is left to do...

It isn't Matio that bugs me. It's Toad with his "WAAAAAA-HOO!" when he passes me. And Yoshi, too. "Yoshi," passes me and he says that everytime...well at least Yoshi makes it up for filling in the criteria for a naked dinosaur (of course he has a saddle but that is besides the point). Nothing beats walking around naked. NEKKID! NEKKID! NEKKID!

Hungrywolf
3001th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Mario Kart Arcade" , posted Sat 19 Feb 03:49post reply

Wow, Pac-Man is in it. I just hope Daisy is in it too. I want to be able to say, "Hi, I'm Daisy!"

Hungry Like the Wolf

Kikkoken
840th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Videos" , posted Mon 21 Feb 05:40post reply

5 videos from gamespot:

videos here

Kaepora
407th Post

Gold Customer

"Re:Videos" , posted Mon 21 Feb 08:39post reply

quote:
5 videos from gamespot:

videos here

- Those portraits don't scale at all; if you aren't right next to the opponent, their icon/portrait is larger than they are, and it obscures your view if they are farther ahead of you.

- Multiple people can pick the same character (Video 3 & 4). I wonder if they'll still do the usual "ability clones" that were there to prevent one person from picking the only big guy.

- No Battle Mode?

Burning Ranger
1069th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Videos" , posted Mon 21 Feb 09:18post reply

quote:
5 videos from gamespot:

videos here

This isn't right... SEGA should be the ones who should have collaborated with Nintendo to make this game. We all know Sega makes better racing games than Namco.

Still, Mario Kart arcade looks cool. Those graphics-- WOW!

Okay Sega- bring out the big guns and compete with this! Give us DAYTONA USA 3!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Variable Savior
257th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Videos" , posted Mon 21 Feb 14:29post reply

quote:
Those portraits don't scale at all; if you aren't right next to the opponent, their icon/portrait is larger than they are, and it obscures your view if they are farther ahead of you.

No joke. Those portraits are a terrible idea. In a racing game I don't want my view of the road blocked by anything - especially not a fugly hybrid picture of the player and character. I hope this feature can be turned off - it has the potential to ruin the game.

And what was with the lack of traditional MK powerups? The only normal one I saw was the banana. I always thought the powerups in MK were well done and balanced - I'd hate to see them ditched just for the sake of novelty (particular if said novelty results in Crash Bandicoot Kart style powerups like the tornado and bomb-box).

Blood marks heaven's path

Joe Randel
380th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Videos" , posted Mon 21 Feb 23:47post reply

quote:
And what was with the lack of traditional MK powerups? The only normal one I saw was the banana. I always thought the powerups in MK were well done and balanced - I'd hate to see them ditched just for the sake of novelty (particular if said novelty results in Crash Bandicoot Kart style powerups like the tornado and bomb-box).

All in all, I think this looks great. I passed on MK:DD. The whole two people per kart just didn't agree with me, and the new karts where just ugly looking. I like this much better. I hope they put this to the GameCube for sure.

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness