Original message (3673 Views )

Iggy
5823th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 04:19post reply

”世界の中心で~”風だと
「助けてください」

Share their shooting love and buy Trizeal on DC, or Triangle Service might very well be dead.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

Replies:

OmegaDog
1439th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 04:33post reply

Is it a good game that's worth our money?

CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

jiji
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 04:35post reply

Here's the same message in English.

hikarutilmitt
301th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 06:08post reply

quote:
Is it a good game that's worth our money?

Most people I've seen that play shmups heavily say it's not worth the time or money. Some people are buying it just because it's a DC game, which is, well, sad.

HAYATO
279th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 07:22post reply

It seems they chose the wrong platform to launch the game. DC may still be popular in Japan, but you know, what people demand now are PS2 ports...

sabo10
1123th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 07:35post reply

Spoon
778th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 07:50post reply

quote:
Here's the same message in English.

Wow, is that what they REALLY wrote?
Cuz they are so nuts I'd want to buy their stuff :)

Burning Ranger
1066th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 10:03post reply

quote:
”世界の中心で~”風だと
「助けてください」

Share their shooting love and buy Trizeal on DC, or Triangle Service might very well be dead.

Is it me, or is the whole SHMUP genre a niche-genre. The fanbase is small in Japan and even smaller here in the US, right? Just look at the limited run and pricetag of Castle Shikigami 2 in the US (AKA Shikigami no Shiro 2). Hell, if it isn't Gradius or some Treasure game, I don't think Shmups get that much attention (though Raiden and the Strikers series are somewhat popular, again, in niche groups). The genre is almost as dry as 2D fighting games.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Spoon
779th Post

"Re(2):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 10:52post reply

shmup is niche, I'd be surprised if anybody today thought otherwise.

I'd say that it's surviving better than 2D fighters, though.

jiji
119th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 13:11post reply

My thoughts on the matter...

Link Here

Red Falcon
5382th Post

"Re(4):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 14:59:post reply

Sad. I'm kind of interested in getting it from a collection standpoint, at least, even if the game isn't terribly good... Obscure games from small developers or rare/odd games are always of interest to me!

Best site EVER: Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Fri 18 Feb 15:11]

Pollyanna
855th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Fri 18 Feb 19:56post reply

I'd like to get wrapped up in the passion and romanticism of this "shooter love", but this just struck me as idiotic and pretentious.

Saying that no sane shopkeeper would put their game up, then saying "but I want it in shops" is like a spoiled brat wanting a cookie when he hasn't cleaned his room.

They did get points for randomly quoting the Zarbunckle theme, though.

exodus
2386th Post

"Re(6):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Mon 21 Feb 02:37post reply

quote:

and for talking about fearful things from spain!

Spoon
783th Post

"Re(6):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Mon 21 Feb 03:19post reply

quote:
I'd like to get wrapped up in the passion and romanticism of this "shooter love", but this just struck me as idiotic and pretentious.

Saying that no sane shopkeeper would put their game up, then saying "but I want it in shops" is like a spoiled brat wanting a cookie when he hasn't cleaned his room.

I'm certainly not going to agree with the writer of this on much, but I can't say that it didn't amuse me.

It's in SPAIN.

IkariDC
291th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Schmups : Triangle Service in danger" , posted Mon 21 Feb 06:20post reply

quote:

It's in SPAIN.

Holy zen! I'll take care whenever I'm out there...

By the way, that reminded me of that Bomberman TV CM, it was priceless!