Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3220 Views )

VariantX
247th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Frequent Customer

"Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Wed 16 Feb 21:09post reply

http://www.fighters-xtreme.com/images/2.jpg

Saw this while running around gamefaq's a while ago. Im kind of digging the fuzzy panda them ling is sporting there.

Replies:

Shyeim
238th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Wed 16 Feb 21:31:post reply

quote:
http://www.fighters-xtreme.com/images/2.jpg

Saw this while running around gamefaq's a while ago. Im kind of digging the fuzzy panda them ling is sporting there.

Arcade perfect vers. of Tekken 1,2,3(no console extra's) will be included in Tekken 5.

[this message was edited by Shyeim on Sat 19 Feb 09:50]

rid hershel
6402th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Wed 16 Feb 22:19post reply

quote:
Arcade perfect vers. of Tekken 1,2,3(no console extra's)
You mean Tekken 3 with 3D backgrounds and without Gon and Bosconowitz (sp?), I'm in.

random news

Shyeim
237th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Wed 16 Feb 22:30:post reply

quote:
Arcade perfect vers. of Tekken 1,2,3(no console extra's) You mean Tekken 3 with 3D backgrounds and without Gon and Bosconowitz (sp?), I'm in.

Yes, it's direct port from arcade with no save option&console extra's.

[this message was edited by Shyeim on Wed 16 Feb 22:31]

Ishmael
1834th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Wed 16 Feb 23:55post reply

It looks like Anna continues to be the most interesting of the Williams sisters. The short jacket with fuzzy arms isn't a look I would choose but I guess it makes Jin feel pretty so who am I to judge?

hikarutilmitt
300th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Thu 17 Feb 00:09post reply

quote:
http://myhome.hanafos.com/~yjhaha123/t1.jpg
http://myhome.hanafos.com/~yjhaha123/t2.jpg

I'll go ahead and assume those are actual new costumes, so my only question now is whether those will have edit items, too.

Or, well, also if there are new costumes for other characters too, so that's two questions.

Iggy
5802th Post

"Re(3):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Thu 17 Feb 00:46post reply

quote:
I'll go ahead and assume those are actual new costumes

Yes. 6 character designers worked on it; Jin and XiaoYu are from one designer of the Tales of series, and Anna is by Nagano (the author of Five Stars Stories).

They don't say how many designs were done (one by character? two by artist ? More ? Less?) and who are the 4 other artists.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

Toxico
4043th Post

"Re(4):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Thu 17 Feb 04:22post reply

quote:
Yes. 6 character designers worked on it; Jin and XiaoYu are from one designer of the Tales of series, and Anna is by Nagano (the author of Five Stars Stories).

They don't say how many designs were done (one by character? two by artist ? More ? Less?) and who are the 4 other artists.

So the guy who did L-Gaim is messing with the tekken designs??? Great, now if yoshitaka amano kicks in I'll be totally sold.

See??? He is a God...

rid hershel
6403th Post

"Re(5):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Thu 17 Feb 04:24post reply

Nagano, Inomata... add Kanno and we get Brain Powerd...

random news

Minuteman
242th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Thu 17 Feb 11:23post reply

This is some great info./pics - thanks everyone!

IS there any date for the US release yet? I keep hearing people here my University (which thankfully has a T5 machine) saying it's Feb.25th - which is next week! I say this is 99% BS, since the scans there show clearly it won't even be out in Japan until 3/31, so the US release won't be until April/May at best. Even EBgames.com lists the US date as 2/25, which I believe is only adding fuel to the fire. Any info.??

Fuchikoma
1212th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Thu 17 Feb 12:41post reply

Magicbox is saying the 25th also... that's a surprise to me. If it really is coming out that soon... the US version had to have been moved up.

Gojira
1628th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(8):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Thu 17 Feb 14:02post reply

When the hell did Jin join a boy band?

quote:
I'll go ahead and assume those are actual new costumes, so my only question now is whether those will have edit items, too.

In the arcade, you can't customize third outfits like Ling's uniform and Eddy. So unless this was changed I'd guess you can't customize these new outfits either.

quote:
Magicbox is saying the 25th also... that's a surprise to me. If it really is coming out that soon... the US version had to have been moved up.

Yeah Feb 25th seems to be the "official" US release. Seems odd to have a release so soon; it makes you wonder if all the extras are really going to be in there.

Off with your nose

NARUTO
2916th Post

"Re(9):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Fri 18 Feb 04:40post reply

just hope that all characters will have a 3rd costumes, and not just some of them...

BTW Shyeim your links seems to be broken...

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

Shyeim
239th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(10):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Sat 19 Feb 09:53:post reply

quote:
just hope that all characters will have a 3rd costumes, and not just some of them...

BTW Shyeim your links seems to be broken...

Check here for more opening part 2&pics.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050218/tk5.htm

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050218/tk5m.htm

[this message was edited by Shyeim on Sat 19 Feb 09:54]

emeraldazn
335th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Sat 19 Feb 16:19post reply

http://www.tekken-official.jp/tekkenps2/movies/

part 2 tekken 5 intro ps2..sweet

Gojira
1640th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Re(10):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Sat 19 Feb 19:57:post reply

quote:
http://www.tekken-official.jp/tekkenps2/movies/

part 2 tekken 5 intro ps2..sweet

Already posted in the other thread.

But if anyone wants a downloadable, non-streaming version of the movie go to the English half of the site:

http://www.tekken-official.jp/tekkenps2/movies/index_e.html

Off with your nose

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sat 19 Feb 19:57]

Juke Joint Jezebel
3330th Post

"fdfkljshjlghh" , posted Sat 26 Feb 06:04post reply

quote:

wait. did i miss something?

is this shit coming out in the states, or are we stuck with that dumbass dvd case? i checked stores online and asked a friend that works at Best Buy, and i haven't heard anything about those arcade extras aside from this thread

Toxico
4045th Post

"Re(1):fdfkljshjlghh" , posted Sat 26 Feb 06:49post reply

quote:
wait. did i miss something?

is this shit coming out in the states, or are we stuck with that dumbass dvd case? i checked stores online and asked a friend that works at Best Buy, and i haven't heard anything about those arcade extras aside from this thread

As far as I know they are not external extras, they are software; so you start the game and you can choose to play Tekken 1, 2, 3 or 5.

Your av is sweaty.

See??? He is a God...

Henaki
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):fdfkljshjlghh" , posted Sat 26 Feb 15:31:post reply

I got my SUPER ULTRA TEKKEN 5 PACKAGE today in the mail, US Region and all that crap.

Devil Within mode is a nice diversion but is pretty lame and gets really hard really fast.

Jinpachi is broken as hell and I hate him even on easy mode. Devil Jin is quite livable.

Story Endings are awesome.

The game is very well done and overall I am satisfied with the 100 dollar price tag for the Joystick + Tekken 5 (before shipping!). EBGames shipped my copy as soon as they got it.

Oh, and you select Tekken 1-3 INSIDE the game's main menu.

So...how about those...things....

[this message was edited by Henaki on Sat 26 Feb 15:32]

Juke Joint Jezebel
3331th Post

"Re(3):fdfkljshjlghh" , posted Sat 26 Feb 17:04post reply

quote:

i think i just came

i doubt this'll happen, but i hope they don't pull some crap later, releasing a Tekken 5 version without the extras. i don't know how long it's gonna be before i can afford the game

anyways, i considered that $100 combo, but i haven't heard too much about the stick. i'd be sad if tossed $50 for one i didn't like

my av is the goddess on the floor

EddyT
413th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):fdfkljshjlghh" , posted Sun 27 Feb 04:02post reply

quote:
i think i just came

i doubt this'll happen, but i hope they don't pull some crap later, releasing a Tekken 5 version without the extras. i don't know how long it's gonna be before i can afford the game

anyways, i considered that $100 combo, but i haven't heard too much about the stick. i'd be sad if tossed $50 for one i didn't like

my av is the goddess on the floor

You forgot that Starblade is also in the Tekken 5 CD... never really played it but it's a cool addition.

The stick is very solid... very responsive and feels great. Definitely one of the best sticks you can get for the PS2... and it's only 50 bucks extra. You can put it on the floor to play, or on a surface, and it won't slide around. I'd recommend it highly.

Mosquiton
1530th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Some Tekken 5 Ps2 Stuff" , posted Sun 27 Feb 04:41post reply

quote:
The short jacket with fuzzy arms isn't a look I would choose but I guess it makes Jin feel pretty so who am I to judge?

It's like someone shaved a really pretty gorilla... except the arms of course.

/ / /

Grave
886th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):fdfkljshjlghh" , posted Sun 27 Feb 06:10post reply

quote:

i think i just came

No worries. I couldn't afford the LE, but I got the regular, and Tekken 1-3 are there and awesome. Starblade is supposed to be in that menu too, according to the picture in the instruction book, but it's not there... guess I have to unlock it?

kyo717
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):fdfkljshjlghh" , posted Sun 27 Feb 06:28post reply

quote:

i think i just came

No worries. I couldn't afford the LE, but I got the regular, and Tekken 1-3 are there and awesome. Starblade is supposed to be in that menu too, according to the picture in the instruction book, but it's not there... guess I have to unlock it?

You might have skiped it. Starblade is the first thing the game loads.

Grave
887th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(6):fdfkljshjlghh" , posted Sun 27 Feb 06:52post reply

quote:

Oh no, I know about that much, but the whole game is in the same section as Tekken 1-3 according to the manual... but I don't see it there.

Ishmael
1859th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Starblade" , posted Wed 2 Mar 01:15post reply

quote:

Oh no, I know about that much, but the whole game is in the same section as Tekken 1-3 according to the manual... but I don't see it there.

I finally managed to unlock Starblade last night after getting a high enough ranking in Arcade mode. Or at least I think that's how I got it. There seems to be several different ways to unlock junk in the game -for instance I have Devil Jin but I haven't played through that Jin mini-game- so I'm not certain if playing Arcade mode was what unlocked it or if I triggered Starblade through something else I did.

Just curious, but has anyone finished the Devil Inside mini-game? The opening mentioned something about Jun and I was wondering if the game followed up on that bit of gossip or if Jin spent so much time running through identical looking rooms that he forgot about the plot?