Digicube hunting - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3309 Views )

Maou
477th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Digicube hunting" , posted Tue 15 Feb 04:08post reply

So here's one for ya, especially if you're in Japan right now: how much Digicube-published stuff remains on the shelves? I'm thinking partially of Ultimanias but especially Square soundtracks and the like... There's always those music stores in shopping centers that have had the same copy of game music in their store for all eternity, so I wonder if Digicube remains in places like that after death?

...If so, I'll happy pay anyone by mail who can find FFX and FFIX original Digicube OST's. That includes you, senior Tallguy. Really.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Replies:

OYashiroForever
816th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Digicube hunting" , posted Tue 15 Feb 05:47:post reply

quote:
So here's one for ya, especially if you're in Japan right now: how much Digicube-published stuff remains on the shelves? I'm thinking partially of Ultimanias but especially Square soundtracks and the like... There's always those music stores in shopping centers that have had the same copy of game music in their store for all eternity, so I wonder if Digicube remains in places like that after death?

...If so, I'll happy pay anyone by mail who can find FFX and FFIX original Digicube OST's. That includes you, senior Tallguy. Really.

You do know that there are several places online that sell non-bootleg soundtracks, right?

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

[this message was edited by OYashiroForever on Tue 15 Feb 05:48]

Maou
478th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Digicube hunting" , posted Tue 15 Feb 07:14post reply

Yup, of course! I'm talking about the Digicube published music, as opposed to the more recent editions by Square-Enix now since Digicube has ceased to be. Online stores long since seem to have run out of Digicube editions, but I wondered if there might be some floating around in certain Japanese stores, especially the kind where game music tends to rot in the shelves.

OYashiroForever
816th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Digicube hunting" , posted Tue 15 Feb 13:59post reply

quote:
Yup, of course! I'm talking about the Digicube published music, as opposed to the more recent editions by Square-Enix now since Digicube has ceased to be. Online stores long since seem to have run out of Digicube editions, but I wondered if there might be some floating around in certain Japanese stores, especially the kind where game music tends to rot in the shelves.

Just making sure. They're definitely out there... just have to be willing to trudge through the Japanese stores (tons of hidden treasure to be found if you're willing to search).

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

ONSLAUGHT
3260th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Digicube hunting" , posted Tue 15 Feb 15:00post reply

quote:

...If so, I'll happy pay anyone by mail who can find FFX and FFIX original Digicube OST's.

I know a guy in deremate.com (an ebay-like portal in Mexico) that sells few of these Digicube soundtracks. But the bad thing is, that he has outrageous prices for those soundtracks (60 dollars for the FFX OST and 35 dollars for the FF XI OST for example).

Maou
480th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Digicube hunting" , posted Wed 16 Feb 01:15post reply

The great thing is that I'd almost be crazy enough to deal with those prices since I'm nowhere near Japan and am gonna cry if I have to get a FF soundtrack with an ugly SquareEnix label on it...but not quite that crazy.

ONSLAUGHT
3263th Post

"Re(3):Digicube hunting" , posted Wed 16 Feb 01:43post reply

quote:
The great thing is that I'd almost be crazy enough to deal with those prices since I'm nowhere near Japan and am gonna cry if I have to get a FF soundtrack with an ugly SquareEnix label on it...but not quite that crazy.

Well, I'm crazy enough to pay 150 dollars for 3 soundtracks (FF VI OST, FF VI Grand Finale and FF VI Piano Collections).
I think I'll get them as soon as I get the money, maybe by next week or sooner.

Just a question Maou, why don't you want a Squarenix label if you like their music?

KTallguy
524th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Digicube hunting" , posted Wed 16 Feb 02:34post reply

quote:

Wow... let's see.

Um ... my e-mail is K e n a n_A l p a y@msn.com (remove the spaces).

So basically you want the original FFX and FFIX soundtracks, manufactured before Square and Enix merged, am I correct? Is the only difference the logo on the box? What else distinguishes it? Do you have a link to the logo you can show me?

I can look around for it, I know a few places, but I just need to know exactly what you're looking for, so that I don't buy anything by mistake.

BTW, ところで、is your name from the Tales of Rebirth character? I was just playing that for the first time tonight (it rocks but I was too tired to get far into it yet).

Anyway shooting me an e-mail will help me remember... I'm going to crash. =)

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Maou
481th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Digicube hunting" , posted Wed 16 Feb 04:12post reply

quote:
Well, I'm crazy enough to pay 150...
Just a question Maou, why don't you want a Squarenix label if you like their music?

Wow m'man, 150? Impressive! (It's all worth it, of course.) But yeah, it's completely neurotic of me to want the original Digicube publication of IX and X music I know, but game soundtracks are the only music I'm picky about and don't buy used, so I wanted the originals. And since Square-Enix didn't exist at the time of FFIX and X, I wanted to get soundtracks that reflected that....(completely insane, but it's マイブーム!) Monsieur Tallguy, I'll talk to you shortly!

ONSLAUGHT
3265th Post

"Re(5):Digicube hunting" , posted Wed 16 Feb 04:39post reply

quote:

Wow m'man, 150? Impressive! (It's all worth it, of course.)

Yeah, I'm crazy like that (some might say stupid instead of crazy), but I live in a place where you can not get anything at all. I mean, I can barely get games, I've give up comics because the english editions are insanely expensive, I buy toys via internet at outrageous prices (thank god for that nigga Hagen), and now I'm trying to get some original soundtracks, I'm tired of this mp3 shit, I want the real deal.
This hobby of ours is pretty expensive, but I think it's worthy.

Maou
483th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Digicube hunting" , posted Wed 16 Feb 04:50post reply

quote:
This hobby of ours is pretty expensive, but I think it's worthy.

Agreed, RPG soundtracks are the only CD I would even think about going to this much trouble for, for some reason. It must be the music combining with the memories of a good story...