[blog] This bios is to small for both of us ! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2996 Views )

Iggy
5783th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"[blog] This bios is to small for both of us !" , posted Sat 12 Feb 22:34post reply

My computer was acting all funny, and I thought it was time to format everything and reinstall. Plus, my motherboard was a little bit rusty, and I decided to buy a new one, just in case.

First step : good bye old MB, hello new one.
No problem.

Second step : Flashing of the BIOS.
There, I noticed something I never saw : you could load a small image in the Bios, so that you can be welcome with something you like instead of the dark screen with all the numbers you don't read until you have a problem. "GREAT !" I thought.
What a mistake. It was the beginning of a very, very long night.

Third step : since I had some time before the format, I decided to make an interesting image to show when my computer would wake up. In a totally normal fashion, I made a MOK-KOS image. I was doomed from that point.

I was too tired to format that night, so I just used my computer to do little things. It acted weirder than usual, but it was normal, I thought, I just uninstalled the old MB and instaled the new one, it's Windows, I made the mistake to put the Service Pack 2, it's normal.
Or so I thought. Each time I had to reboot, the non-smile of MOK-KOS was welcoming me with an evil glance, and I was pleased, What a fool I was !

The next morning, format. Once again, MOK-KOS is looking at me. I feel ill at ease, for no reason.
Everything is erased just fine.
Then, I insert the Windows CD.
Installation. Everything is normal.
I begin the update. It begins normally.
THEN, FOR A REASON, IT STOPS.
The computer would never connect to the internet after that point, and the half finished update was preventing everything to function.

After half an hour of diverse negociations, I format again.
MOK-KOS is still looking at me.
Am I tired, or is her smile a little bit wider ?

In eleven hours, I lost the count of how many times I had to format-reinstall for various motives, ranging from "no, you don't have any peripherals", "all your HD are system disks for a reason" to the incredible "Fifteen viruses and trojan in ninety seconds".

Finally, one time, exhausted, when Windows seemed to be able to move, I changed the image of MOK-KOS to a more positive image. The installation process of the OS and each separate program went smooth after that, and everything is running fine as I'm speaking.

Yotsuba is protecting me right now, but I know I'll never forget the cold breath down my spine when I erased the malicious image from the BIOS. Is the cute little girl stronger than the evil fiend ? I'll find out soon enough.

Now, I have to restart a last time, and everything will be over. My computer will be virus-free and malediction-free, and there is nothing you can do about it, MOK-KOS. Your reign of terror is over.

邪神め…
とどめだ!

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

Replies:

KTallguy
520th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):[blog] This bios is to small for both o" , posted Sun 13 Feb 02:39post reply

Yotsuba =) And I thought she just made us laugh, when she's really SAVING THE WORLD FROM EVIL!

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Evenor
139th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):[blog] This bios is to small for both o" , posted Sun 13 Feb 07:14post reply

quote:
Third step : since I had some time before the format, I decided to make an interesting image to show when my computer would wake up. In a totally normal fashion, I made a MOK-KOS image. I was doomed from that point.

Yay!

Thanks for my new wallpaper.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー