http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~cloud/File0004.jpg
http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~cloud/File0005.jpg

Replies:

Pollyanna
834th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 07:02post reply

Macross 7 and Gunbuster? I'll take it...I guess. It doesn't look better (or even as good) as MX to me, though.

whitesword
1569th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 08:26post reply

Raideen is returning, and Akira had better have a good explanation for why he was absent when Char was dropping stuff on Earth and Mikene managed to takeover 25% of the planet.

EVAs are back too, and if AT-Fields are going to be considered wide-type barriers, they may not end up being completely useless in this game!

The original Getter Robo is listed, so I'm hoping that means Musashi (and Captain Radora!) will be alive. DAISETSUZAN OROSHI!

They have Choujuu Kishin Dancougar in the series list, but the Dancougar they use is the God Bless Dancougar version <:X

Speaking of Dancougar, didn't they destroy an alternate universe in the Requim For Victims OVA? Then they should fit right in with the rest of the cast! Yay for destruction on a galactic scale!

I am a bigger Super Robot otaku than Ryusei.

Ok, so I'm not.

Ryusei and friends should be back since the Balmar empire is also returning, but will they have brand new mechs or remade versions of their old dismanteled ones? All I'm going to say is, if they replace R-1, it better be with something that has a Rocktet Punch <:X

Hopefully, the game will both be hard, and throw tons of enemies at me with reinforcments showing up every second turn. In fact, I would like them to throw so many enemies at me, that I'd be thinking this:

"I'm gonna need a bigger MAP attack"

Wait a second...this game has Ideon <:X

Iggy
5774th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 08:27post reply

quote:
Macross 7 and Gunbuster? I'll take it...I guess. It doesn't look better (or even as good) as MX to me, though.

Hey! more than that kimoi garbage, Birtual On !
Now that's....
OK, that's completely uninteresting, I know.

Sorry.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

war
196th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 08:37post reply

No Dunbine....orz

Ideon?

ideon: sit in my lap, small child, and my gun will fire!

Phoenix
709th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 08:54post reply

What about that Gamecube SRW game? What was that one called?

Toxico
4036th Post

"Re(2):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 09:45:post reply

Hideon, Dancougar, Gunbuster & macross plus are preaty neat adds.

Whistesword, in dancougar requiem for victims Muge (the all around main bad guy) creates another dimenson for him to live there in (he was dead) and tries to drag the earth into that thing.

Muge is a great villian because he is god, he comes to clean the universe from humans and threath the rest of the cast as the filthy & unworthy no believers that they are; he is almost like suija.

edit - It's not macross 7; it's macross plus (boh, I like seven better).
I think that the SRW on game cube is called SRT GC (boh)

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 10 Feb 09:49]

Phoenix
710th Post

"Re(3):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 10:25post reply

Several questions about SRT.

1. Is there any way to watch all these old school robot animes? Like Dancougar, Voltes, and so on? I recognize the shapes of most of these robots but I never did watch shows like Grendizer. I read the Tetsujin 28 comics and watched some Mazinger as well as more recent stuff like Patlabor but the rest...

2. Do you need to know Japanese to enjoy SRT games or to even beat them?

3. So Alpha 3 seems to be the latest one that hasn't even come out yet. But do the later SRTs always retain all the robots from the previous SRTs? I remember MX had the Bebop Swordfish and Rah Xephon and stuff...so does that automatically mean Alpha 3 will have them too? What's the roster for Alpha 3 anyway?

Pollyanna
835th Post

"Re(4):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 10:38post reply

quote:
Several questions about SRT.
2. Do you need to know Japanese to enjoy SRT games or to even beat them?

3. So Alpha 3 seems to be the latest one that hasn't even come out yet. But do the later SRTs always retain all the robots from the previous SRTs? I remember MX had the Bebop Swordfish and Rah Xephon and stuff...so does that automatically mean Alpha 3 will have them too? What's the roster for Alpha 3 anyway?

Toxico: No, it has Macross 7 and Macross plus, along with the original, as far as I can tell.

Now, the questions.

2: No. You don't even need to know how to play video games. The SRW games are so easy that the fights win themselves half the time. There are nice FAQS out there, but even if there weren't, you could completely miss 2/3 of the gameplay elements and probably enjoy the game better than someone who knows how to kick unreasonable ass. If you're an insane otaku, you'll enjoy the plot, but most people just like seeing their favorite characters/robots in action.

Cast is completely different (minus a few like Mazinger) in every game. The swordfish has only been in Sunrise Heroes, I think. This time it's...

Dancougar
Goshogun
Evangelion
Ideon
Gaogaigar
Virtual On
Zeta Gundam
Gundam 0083 Stardust Memories
Gundam ZZ
Char's Counterattack
Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed
Mazinger Z
Great Mazinger
Getter Robo (G, Shin)
Kouketsu Jeeg
Combattler V
Voltes 5
Daimos
Gaiking
Raideen
Top o Nerae (Gunbuster)
Macross
Macross Plus
Macross 7
Banpresto Original

Syo
119th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 10:47post reply

I never knew there were so many SRT fans/players on this board...

"YO-HO! BOKU LIME!"

Toxico
4037th Post

"Re(5):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 10:52post reply

1.- If you can read spanish there are many spanish boards with dedicated info and links; since sudamerica is the black hole and the world and no one licenses anything we 'borrow' fan subs that are banned in the US and make some weak attemps on our own; I'll check for links and post them later tonight.

2.- To beat them no; it can help to recognize some characters in other to select your chacters or to sometimes pick a specific road (example -> some times you got choices 'should we go against XX or NN?'), un such cases you pick the villain you want to see more. It also helps to enjoy some moments of the game where some taunting, speeches & destruction ensues.

3. Pollyana is right; think of it of like of it was a KoF game; the put popular characters in and out with little to no reason; but you can count that they will never take out the true favorites (there is ALWAYS gundams, Mazingers, Getters and such).

See??? He is a God...

rid hershel
6393th Post

"Re(6):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 11:00post reply

Actually games like SRW F Final or SRW D aren't easy at all, at least for me.

I wonder if Alpha 3 will play the common School/SRX scenario from Original Generation 2.

random news

Toxico
4038th Post

"Re(7):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 11:05post reply

quote:
Actually games like SRW F Final or SRW D aren't easy at all, at least for me.

Yes, classic SRW games are tough (I remember A LOT that with srw 3, F & F Final), but that's over and the new wave is doing easy games so childs can finish them to >-<

See??? He is a God...

Mav
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 11:52post reply

quote:
I remember MX had the Bebop Swordfish

Is this true and not on GameFAQs secrets list, or did you just mistake it for something else?

D`Cloud
113th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 15:13post reply

Ugh.. macross & eva...

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Toxico
4041th Post

"Re(6):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 16:19:post reply

quote:
Ugh.. macross

I fail to see the problem with macross; I mean, the first time I say Roy Focker he seemed a irresponsible alcoholic latino old fart with a high position job & a steady girlfriend... After that I knew I had a goal in life & an example to follow.

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Thu 10 Feb 16:22]

Pollyanna
836th Post

"Re(7):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 10 Feb 18:51post reply

I'm really bummed out that they don't have the J9 characters like they did in the GC one. I miss Dunbine and Zanbot 3, too. I'd love to see the return of Giant Robo (Albertooooooo~).

All the other series I'd like to see are just based on the characters, not the robots (Baratack, Godam 5, Gordian). Actually...I pretty much just care about the characters anyway. There are some robots I like, but I won't use a robot if I hate the pilots.

Then there are the series like Mechander Robo that I just like for the theme song.

I'll always hope for Turn A Gundam and Overman King Gainer, but Turn A Gundam just...doesn't fit. Gundam Seed can go to hell, but at least it's not Gundam X.

The only original Banpresto character I like is also the only shameless fanservice character I like. Kusuha, despite being stupid and not good at anything but shaking her big boobs, has one of the coolest robots ever. I'm a sucker for Wukung/Goku anything. I wish there was a whole team of stupid girls with super Hsi Yu Chi robots.

rid hershel
6395th Post

"tóxico" , posted Fri 11 Feb 00:11post reply

quote:
Yes, classic SRW games are tough (I remember A LOT that with srw 3, F & F Final), but that's over and the new wave is doing easy games so childs can finish them to >-<

¿Estás jugando OG2? La dificultad está bien equilibrada, no es imposible, pero no es fácil. Además los lolibots son muy graciosos! (los Fearions de Shine y Latouni), por con decir que peligrosos también, con agilidad y energía al máximo. Muy buen juego. Y que haya retornado Carla es una gran sorpresa, fué el primer personaje que usé en Alpha.

random news

Toxico
4041th Post

"Re(1):tóxico" , posted Fri 11 Feb 00:46post reply

quote:
¿Estás jugando OG2? La dificultad está bien equilibrada, no es imposible, pero no es fácil. Además los lolibots son muy graciosos! (los Fearions de Shine y Latouni), por con decir que peligrosos también, con agilidad y energía al máximo. Muy buen juego. Y que haya retornado Carla es una gran sorpresa, fué el primer personaje que usé en Alpha.

No tenía la menor idea de que ya estaba en el mercado.... Ire a ver un amigo o si no ya sabemos lo que va a pasar XD

See??? He is a God...

D`Cloud
114th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Fri 11 Feb 07:30post reply

quote:

I fail to see the problem with macross; I mean, the first time I say Roy Focker he seemed a irresponsible alcoholic latino old fart with a high position job & a steady girlfriend... After that I knew I had a goal in life & an example to follow.

nope. i like macross.. i just think macross doesnt fit srw. of course they cant take macross away cuz they haven't ended it's story yet. bastards.

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Phoenix
715th Post

"Re(5):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Sat 12 Feb 06:56post reply

Oh yeah, it was Sunrise Heroes...thanks Pollyanna my bad. That list looks pretty comprehensive to me. I don't know Dunbine, Zanbar, and I haven't even seen Giant Robo (shame!) so I guess I can't really miss them. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the GC one looked the best visually? Thanks for the details Toxico, I remember seeing one extremely comprehensive SRT website in Spanish. I knew I should've taken Spanish...but who'd have thought French would come somewhat in handy at mmcafe. All in all, I guess the solution is to get all the SRTs and put them in my backlog then play through them all and read the faqs for story and find out about the robots from some Spanish website. Dam you my backlog! And your Americaworld with it! (and now I've become the useless rant king...)

Pollyanna
842th Post

"Re(6):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Sat 12 Feb 09:35post reply

quote:
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the GC one looked the best visually?

I think it looks the worst, because it's in 3D. I really appreciate that (for the most part) SRW has remained 2D with awesome animation.

The exception is Scramble Commander, which is a real-time SRPG (in 3D) and not like the other SRW games. In terms of level design and challenge, it's my favorite...though it's not really comparable to the others.

Toxico
4042th Post

"Re(6):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Mon 14 Feb 04:02post reply

Well, there are also many comprehensive italian sites; that's because in Italy they broadcasted a HUGE amount of anime and many of them where on the gigant robot type.

And yeah, Pollyana is right; the GC SRT game looks a lot like the DC game; and that's to bad, because that game has eons; still the robot selection for the GC one is preatty neat and too bad we'll most likely don't see them in other game.

See??? He is a God...

Magitek_X
22th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Wed 16 Feb 23:07post reply

http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/srwa3-6.jpg
http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/srwa3-7.jpg

New scans from Famitsu.

Toxico
4044th Post

"Re(2):No Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 thread?" , posted Thu 17 Feb 04:46post reply

Bump...

note -> They better add true OST for Basara's songs.

See??? He is a God...