Scary Fan Films - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3130 Views )

Daala
987th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Scary Fan Films" , posted Wed 9 Feb 23:24post reply

okay, I've seen some really bad ones...but this one is the funniest I've see. Tho for it's credit, it's well made. If this has been poste before.... well watch it again. LOL! enjoy!

Ho!

Replies:

Burning Ranger
1049th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Scary Fan Films" , posted Thu 10 Feb 00:37post reply

quote:
okay, I've seen some really bad ones...but this one is the funniest I've see. Tho for it's credit, it's well made. If this has been poste before.... well watch it again. LOL! enjoy!

Ho!

Well, a lot of this appears to be decent. Costume design is okay, as is the general concept. Choreography isn't good, BGM sucks, and atmopshere sucks (if they filmed it darker, maybe). Still, consider who made the film.

At least its better than the Megaman fan-film.

Its good to see fanfilms based on retro shows and games. I want to see fanfilms on MASK, Bravestar, and Turbo Teen (which could be darker and scary like American Werewolf in London).

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Daala
988th Post

"Re(2):Scary Fan Films" , posted Thu 10 Feb 00:43post reply

quote:

Well, a lot of this appears to be decent. Costume design is okay, as is the general concept. Choreography isn't good, BGM sucks, and atmopshere sucks (if they filmed it darker, maybe). Still, consider who made the film.

At least its better than the Megaman fan-film.

Its good to see fanfilms based on retro shows and games. I want to see fanfilms on MASK, Bravestar, and Turbo Teen (which could be darker and scary like American Werewolf in London).

MASK! wow, that's out there... good show! Tho it would be cool. If I can find the link to the G.I Joe Flint vs. FirefLy Fan film, with pimp cobra commander I'll post it.

OmegaDog
1433th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Scary Fan Films" , posted Thu 10 Feb 03:17post reply

Yeah, actually... compared to other ones I've seen, that one's actually pretty good! I thought things weren't going to turn out so well with the computer text style and the use of the Sephiroth theme -- but the text wasn't used that much once things got rolling, and the Sephiroth theme was actually used pretty well. Costumes and action were well done, especially considering this is a fan film. And they worked well with the atmosphere that they had.

Oh, and off-topic, but Daala -- don't know if you already saw it, but as a cosplayer, I enjoyed Something Positive for Feb 5.

CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

Daala
989th Post

"Re(3):Scary Fan Films" , posted Thu 10 Feb 05:29post reply

quote:

Oh, and off-topic, but Daala -- don't know if you already saw it, but as a cosplayer, I enjoyed Something Positive for Feb 5.

LOL!!! that's great.

Undead Fred
2111th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Scary Fan Films" , posted Fri 11 Feb 05:31post reply

quote:
Ho!

Wow... it's like a fan film with a budget... There were problems with it, but they put out a good effort. At least you can't tell if they filmed it in their backyard or not.

Burning Ranger
1052th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Scary Fan Films" , posted Fri 11 Feb 07:56post reply

quote:
At least you can't tell if they filmed it in their backyard or not.

Like Peasant Quest?
http://www.homestarrunner.com/filmstyle.html

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Undead Fred
2115th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Scary Fan Films" , posted Fri 11 Feb 20:53:post reply

quote:

Like Peasant Quest?
http://www.homestarrunner.com/filmstyle.html

They were all wearing the monster maskus.

(by the way, that trailer was AWESOME)

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Fri 11 Feb 20:59]