Just like real courtroom hijinx - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2846 Views )

Gojira
1622th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Just like real courtroom hijinx" , posted Wed 9 Feb 16:20post reply

Law and Order tackles the tough issues

I saw some of it, the issue was handled about as well as you'd expect. By the end video games are evil and scary and we are all slaves to them, as are our children and our children's children. Yay!

Off with your nose

Replies:

Undead Fred
2109th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Just like real courtroom hijinx" , posted Wed 9 Feb 16:44:post reply

quote:

I saw some of it, the issue was handled about as well as you'd expect. By the end video games are evil and scary and we are all slaves to them, as are our children and our children's children. Yay!

I know I've linked to this before, but it's a great response to those people.

EDIT: See the comic on page 2.

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Wed 9 Feb 16:45]

Burning Ranger
1050th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Just like real courtroom hijinx" , posted Thu 10 Feb 00:38post reply

quote:

Judge: MENTOK! The Mind Taker! *oooeeeeooooo*

Proscution does't stand a chance against.... HARVEY!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Mokona
230th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Just like real courtroom hijinx" , posted Thu 10 Feb 02:02post reply

I really liked the defense's quotes clearly aimed at the GTA Series... something like "You can pick up hookers, drive them over to get your money back, and then kill the emergency unit that's trying to save their life..."

In the end, the atorneys just said that the game inspired the crime, not caused it; so I guess they kinda got the right idea out of all that shit!

(On a completely unrelated matter, what I don't like at all is how the CSI series, which I'm a big fan of btw, had several episodes with clear pro-death penalty comments made by the main characters. I'm not saying it's wrong to believe that such a thing is ok, even though I'm against it, but to use a popular TV show to try and prove to people that it's a great thing bothered me a lot.)

Blah!