Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic FinalF - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3524 Views )

Time Mage
2050th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic FinalF" , posted Wed 9 Feb 09:14post reply

Hi all. Today I stumbled upon this pretty online game, which is based roughly on FF1-FF5: It has different jobs, action and support slots, different equipment, and your classic turn-based FF battle, all against other players. It's web-based, simple but incredibly fun, and free.

Link here

Give it a try, it's easy to use, and quite fun. My screenname there is "Taim Meich" (which happens to be the phonetical transcription in Spanish of my usual nick).

Replies:

Toxico
4029th Post

"Re(1):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic " , posted Wed 9 Feb 11:21post reply

quote:

Give it a try, it's easy to use, and quite fun. My screenname there is "Taim Meich" (which happens to be the phonetical transcription in Spanish of my usual nick).

My screen name is Toxico (WWWWHOOOOAAAAA???), if you feel like beating up a madman send me a call.

We should use TS for this XD (team speak)

See??? He is a God...

Phoenix
709th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Wed 9 Feb 11:28:post reply

I always wondered about a game like this.
Good thing somebody actually made it.
Now I want multiplayer Disgaea with VS!

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Wed 9 Feb 11:38]

KTallguy
513th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Wed 9 Feb 11:44post reply

I'm in... KTallguy =) I just challenged you Toxico

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

DarkZero
1091th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Wed 9 Feb 12:37post reply

quote:

He signs up, he logs in, and he promptly whups my ass.

My screen name in HTE2 is DZX, by the way. Sorry I had to leave right after the battle, Tallguy. Pizza delivery guy showed up.

Cain Highwind
511th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Wed 9 Feb 12:49post reply

Cool stuff, no one's really talkative in battl despite me trying :(

Screen Name is Cain Highwind (duh)

ONSLAUGHT
3256th Post

"Re(1):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Wed 9 Feb 12:52post reply

I am Onsy

Toxico
4031th Post

"Re(4):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Wed 9 Feb 13:02:post reply

quote:
Cool stuff, no one's really talkative in battl despite me trying :(

It's because the whispering system is kind of stiff and slow, I have to fill in with random jokes when there is nothing to talk about

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 9 Feb 13:36]

Toxico
4031th Post

"Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 13:53post reply

Well, this game has been on the net for long; and it truly resembles the older games, your accuracy sucks and you NEED good sense of aiming XD

You can handicap yourself to battle lower lvl enemies, I really miss some kind of midi from the old games (got the OST somewhere)

Kinda fun game, if you are hard core enough, also the low resourses the games requires can help to keep you busy when you are doing something else.

See??? He is a God...

DarkZero
1092th Post

"Re(1):Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 14:07post reply

One tip I've found that seems to be pretty important in this game:

At the low levels (and possibly higher?), defense skills are kinda cheap. When I fought KTallguy, I immediately ganged up on his White Mage, but he kept using Defend. It drops damage down to half, so for every two characters I attacked his White Mage with, I lost one turn, since the two of them were only doing one character's worth of damage. The Samurai's Retort is pretty cheap, too. If you use Retort, every character that attacks the Samurai that turn gets hit with a full-power counterattack, so if their entire team decides to gang up your Samurai, you essentially get three extra turns that round (Four Attacks - the Samurai Retorting instead of attacking).

I think this may be the first RPG battle system I've seen where Defend and Counterattack are actually reasonable options.

KTallguy
515th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 14:13post reply

quote:
One tip I've found that seems to be pretty important in this game:

At the low levels (and possibly higher?), defense skills are kinda cheap. When I fought KTallguy, I immediately ganged up on his White Mage, but he kept using Defend. It drops damage down to half, so for every two characters I attacked his White Mage with, I lost one turn, since the two of them were only doing one character's worth of damage. The Samurai's Retort is pretty cheap, too. If you use Retort, every character that attacks the Samurai that turn gets hit with a full-power counterattack, so if their entire team decides to gang up your Samurai, you essentially get three extra turns that round (Four Attacks - the Samurai Retorting instead of attacking).

I think this may be the first RPG battle system I've seen where Defend and Counterattack are actually reasonable options.

Ah, which name are you under? I had some very close battles... I think this is fun but too slow, it needs a flash interface to make it perfect... IMO (not complaining though =))

Defense can only take you so far though, and plus the white mage is quite strong with it's attack, I was actually surprised how much damage it was doing. I think if you have a lot of time at work... this could be a great time killer.

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

OmegaDog
1432th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Wed 9 Feb 14:31post reply

Registered my handle there. I just logged off -- but I'll pop in on occasion.

And yeah -- if, as DarkZero mentioned, there's actually some strategic defense involved that makes more than just a game of full offensives, then I'm sold.

[... on a game that's free.]

CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

Toxico
4032th Post

"Re(2):Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 14:48post reply

quote:

In fact the first FF games where pretty big on small details like those; that was trown away since FFVI onwards because your characters just became to damn powerful.

Be careful when 'aiming', if the enemy has 100 hp and 4 characters attack him they will 'keep hitting him even if he is death'; I usually use my healers as baits XD

Yea, I am Toxico ktal, and I had there some good matches. Yes, it's kinda slow, it's better to use the game to buy time for something else.

It's fun

See??? He is a God...

Bata kun
2490th Post

"Re(3):Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 15:42post reply

Wow. Toxico and I just had a good fight. This is really interesting.

Toxico
4033th Post

"Re(4):Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 15:50post reply

quote:

But you have to be a gentleman about the game; for example I noticed you where on lvl 1; I handicaped myself to lvl 1 and removed my equip so we could fight in equal grounds.... Some players might not do that and cheap you with high level equipment....

See??? He is a God...

Bata kun
2492th Post

"Re(5):Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 15:57:post reply

quote:

But you have to be a gentleman about the game; for example I noticed you where on lvl 1; I handicaped myself to lvl 1 and removed my equip so we could fight in equal grounds.... Some players might not do that and cheap you with high level equipment....

Oh yeah. That's true.

Hey! We should create a clan! The MMCM! The Mad Man Cafe Maniacs (who are also known as the Mitsumi Misato-san Crazy Mamori). XP

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Wed 9 Feb 18:15]

Time Mage
2051th Post

"Re(6):Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 19:41post reply

quote:
Hey! We should create a clan! The MMCM! The Mad Man Cafe Maniacs (who are also known as the Mitsumi Misato-san Crazy Mamori). XP

Heh, good idea! I'll change my sig right now.

I'm glad you guys liked it.

Iggy
5769th Post

"Re(7):Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 19:49post reply

Hotmail is not working, and I can't register...
(´・ω・`)ショボーン

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

Time Mage
2052th Post

"Re(8):Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 20:32post reply

quote:
Hotmail is not working, and I can't register...
(´・ω・`)ショボーン

I forgot to mention that if you use a hotmail account, the register message may go to the "spam" (or whatever name it has in your language) folder, so check it there, just in case.

Iggy
5770th Post

"Re(9):Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 20:48post reply

quote:
I forgot to mention that if you use a hotmail account, the register message may go to the "spam" (or whatever name it has in your language) folder, so check it there, just in case.

No, it's just that I can't even connect to my hotmail account...

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

Toxico
4035th Post

"Re(10):Little review about the game...." , posted Wed 9 Feb 22:14:post reply

quote:
No, it's just that I can't even connect to my hotmail account...

Use other kind of mail; I had the same trouble because the mail jsut wouldn't come to me and it solved when I used my yahoo account.

For the record you can register with one mail and send the authorization to other mail, but just make sure that 're send activation' isn't hotmail

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 9 Feb 22:41]

Catalyst
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Wed 9 Feb 22:54post reply

I have my account set up and ready to join in on the fun, my account name is Catalyst on there.

hikarutilmitt
297th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Thu 10 Feb 03:13post reply

Holy crap, someone on here found this. We haven't played this since, god, about 2 years ago, now. One of m friends from when I used to go to GameFAQs (I know, I know) set this one up as well as the previous one (this one is a huge improvement). It was fun for a while til everyone realized how certain combinations of skills would outright kill a character regardless of their stats and equipment. Then it got, well, like an unbalanced fighting game. :P

Hey, my account still works!

Hungrywolf
3000th Post

"Re(1):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic " , posted Thu 10 Feb 11:18post reply

quote:
Hi all. Today I stumbled upon this pretty online game, which is based roughly on FF1-FF5: It has different jobs, action and support slots, different equipment, and your classic turn-based FF battle, all against other players. It's web-based, simple but incredibly fun, and free.

Link here

My screenname there is Hungrywolf.

Hungry Like the Wolf

KTallguy
517th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Thu 10 Feb 14:14post reply

quote:

My screen name in HTE2 is DZX, by the way. Sorry I had to leave right after the battle, Tallguy. Pizza delivery guy showed up.

Sorry just noticed this post =)

No prob man =) I was wondering what happened though...

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

DarkZero
1095th Post

"Re(4):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Thu 10 Feb 14:53post reply

quote:

Sorry just noticed this post =)

No prob man =) I was wondering what happened though...

Sorry I never replied. I wasn't being an ass and waiting for you to find the earlier post, I honestly just forgot that you asked.

Mosquiton
1517th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Fri 11 Feb 03:36:post reply

I'm on as Zepyulos... just defeated KTallguy in a rather glorious battle. Hah. I have to chalk it up to lessons learned in my last humiliating defeat.

A good opening strategy seems to be key. I'd kill to see it animated, though.

Edit:

I have to tell you guys about this last fight...

Every round from the first round, one character fell on each side. Brutal focused attacks all around. At round 4 it was my thus-far untouched ninja Dasras against his also untouched ninja, Ryan.

Sensing the inherent drama of ninja vs ninja action, we exchanged ninja taunts as we exchanged blows. "Do you really think you can match my ninja skill?" and so forth.

After a few more rounds we were both in critical state. I caught a lucky break and blinded the enemy with smoke. But he had the speed advantage and had attacked first every turn so far.

Him: "To... the last breath..."
Me: "This is it, the final blow."

Then I imagine we leapt at each other and ninja clashed mid-air. When we landed Ryan started spurting blood all over the place. Or at least he would have. Anyway, what a great fight. I get way too involved in these things...

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Fri 11 Feb 04:09]

Time Mage
2053th Post

"Re(6):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Fri 11 Feb 21:41post reply

I was afraid that being in a very different time zone than most of the mmcafers I wouldn't find anyone from here when I connected, but so far I've met Toxico, Bata-Kun and Cain Highwind several times, and Mosquiton just yesterday. Most of the battles I've had with them have been quite entertaining, also, but surely not as epic as the Mosquiton vs KTallguy one, heh.

If anyone wants to challenge me, feel free to use the handicap feature to even levels, if you happen to be underleveled.

Bata kun
2493th Post

"Re(7):Hunter to Extintion II: Online classic" , posted Sat 12 Feb 04:47post reply

Sorry about that. I was eating earlier and doing other things.

Mosquiton
1517th Post

"An epic clash against Lv. 99 arrogance." , posted Sun 13 Feb 01:08post reply

I recently fought a Level 99. Since I only enjoy a somewhat fair fight, I had him handicap himself 86 levels to challenge my Level 13 party.

WARNING: Lengthy and self-indulgent post to follow.

As I feared, I was immediately hit by high-level skills:

Brielle uses Quick Hit on Dasras! 274, 270 dmg
LaDonna casts Ultima on Lans! 961 dmg

Preemptive Two-Sword skill and Ultima... then the entire party weathered two Shiva summons in the opening round. Nobody fell, however, and I managed to take down his black mage with a concentrated attack. But this mage wasn't content to stay dead:

LaDonna is brought back to life with 565 HP! Angel Ring effect wears off.

The Black Mage was cured by an ally. My Monk and samurai dealt powerful blows, but could not fell LaDonna. Yet this mage had died by a poisoned jump attack delivered from my Archer several hundred feet in the air-- the still-circulating poison took her under again, this time for good. Meanwhile, my other party members had crippled the weakest party member, the white mage called Bryan.

My monk absorbed attacks using the Cover skill while my Black/Red mage kept everyone standing. Now Bryan's time had come. My Archer once again launched a brutal jump attack:

Shi Jian lands from his Jump! Bryan takes 934 dmg - Bryan has fallen.

Yet Bryan too was unwilling to leave this mortal coil:

Bryan is brought back to life with 305 HP! Angel Ring effect wears off.

My Samurai Dasras returned Bryan to the underworld with a cloud of Smoke, but the opposing Samurai Brielle struck harder:

Brielle uses Quick Hit on Justin! Critical hit! 395, 405 dmg

A powerful 400+ staff attack from the white mage Hunter took my only magic-user out of the match. The enemy's attack was refocused on Dasras.

Noble Lans absorbed blow after blow on his friend's behalf. Cross-job training had honed his HP toward this purpose. I pressed the attack evenly against my two remaining enemies.

In the tense confusion, my opponent made a mistake.

Hunter attacks Hunter! 425 dmg

I was too tensely absorbed at the time to notice, but whether it affected the outcome of the battle isn't clear.

Lans continued to ward off weapon strikes. My deft
ninja/archer combo assaulted Brielle mercilessly. When Brielle fell it was three against one; these odds had me feeling cocky. I cut loose with a full offensive, expecting the fight to end within two rounds.

The next round proved otherwise:

Zepyulos says, It's been a nice fight....
Shi Jian lands from his Jump! Hunter takes 946 dmg
Dasras uses Smoke on Hunter! Blocked with shield
Hunter attacks Lans! 436 dmg - Lans has fallen.
Brielle is brought back to life with 753 HP! Angel Ring effect wears off.

Unlike Brielle, Lans had no Angel ring to resurrect his wound-covered body. The turn ends.

The revived Brielle wasted no time in acting:

Brielle uses Quick Hit on Dasras! 305, 312 dmg - Dasras has fallen.

The agile Shi Jian now stood alone against the two attackers. Keeping a cool head, he quickly evens the odds:

Brielle uses Quick Hit on Shi Jian! Missed
Shi Jian uses Aim on Brielle! 456 dmg - Brielle has fallen.

It's now a one-on-one fight.

For half of his 13 levels, Shi Jian had trained as a Dragoon. This training had proven invaluable in this battle; yet the Speed Up support skill allowed him to take the initiative:

Shi Jian uses Jump!
Hunter attacks Shi Jian! Ineffective

Shi Jian lands from his Jump! Hunter takes 908 dmg - Hunter is poisoned.
Hunter takes 452 poison dmg. - Hunter has fallen.
Hunter is brought back to life with 469 HP! Angel Ring effect wears off.

The poisoned bow was the final component of my victory. Shi Jian took to the heavens once more.

This was Hunter's last turn on this battlefield. Poison once again wracks his body based on his MaxHP, higher than any member of my team. The shadow of Shi Jian grows larger, his silhouette black against the desert sun.

My opponent has not made his peace with defeat:

Berit says, lame.......

Berit says, enjoy your handicapped rewards..

I reply:

Zepyulos says, What's lame is three angel rings, two-swords, and ultima against a Lvl 12. Time to die.
Shi Jian lands from his Jump! Hunter takes 936 dmg - Hunter has fallen.

Zepyulos wins the battle!

It was four angel rings. I'd lost count. I was level 13. I'd forgotten. But my reward was fine, 3JP and 280 EXP. Still, it paled in comparison to the satisfaction I felt triumphing over an opponent with superior numbers, skills, and equipment. It was such a perfect battle I may never play again.

/ / /

KTallguy
519th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):An epic clash against Lv. 99 arrogance." , posted Sun 13 Feb 02:32post reply

Nice fight man =)

I have to face you again sometime, but I'm still only level 5... =P

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Time Mage
2054th Post

"Re(1):An epic clash against Lv. 99 arrogance." , posted Sun 13 Feb 05:16post reply

Heh, he sure was mad at you for defeating him, but your victory was really outstanding anyway: You dealt not only with higher equipment, but also with much better skills and probably stats also. I think you're quite a good strategist, as proven in our last battle: Even having slightly superior equipment, you managed to defeat me, and no one of equal level as me had done it previously.
Anyway, I usually challenge lv99's for JP and money: I just let them slaughter me as fast as possible, and I get my stuff. It may raise the losses counter, but... Who cares? In fact, I only use handicap when challenging lower level enemies (and not always, hehe), just because I don't like to force anyone to accept handicaps.

Mosquiton
1518th Post

"Re(2):An epic clash against Lv. 99 arrogance." , posted Sun 13 Feb 05:26post reply

quote:
Heh, he sure was mad at you for defeating him, but your victory was really outstanding anyway: You dealt not only with higher equipment, but also with much better skills and probably stats also. I think you're quite a good strategist, as proven in our last battle: Even having slightly superior equipment, you managed to defeat me, and no one of equal level as me had done it previously.
Anyway, I usually challenge lv99's for JP and money: I just let them slaughter me as fast as possible, and I get my stuff. It may raise the losses counter, but... Who cares? In fact, I only use handicap when challenging lower level enemies (and not always, hehe), just because I don't like to force anyone to accept handicaps.

Wow, thanks for the compliments. I'll try not to let it go to my already inflated ego.

Personally I want to fight a somewhat fair match every time. That's exactly why I'm there. I'll fight one or two levels above me without a handicap, but I get no enjoyment out of a fight if I have no chance to win (or loose).

Of course I'm not a saint, if new players want me to crush them I'll usually oblige. I do tell them I'll offer a handicap next time, though.

See you around in-game.

/ / /

Cain Highwind
514th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):An epic clash against Lv. 99 arrogance." , posted Sun 13 Feb 07:28post reply

quote:

Yeah I've done it with a guy caled "Omegadoom" he was pretty nice to even let me win to gain a few levels.

I've ran into some crazy battles like 4 Archers with Summon and all 4 casting Bahamut and wiped my party out in pone turn.

I had a fairly standard party, but now that I've mastered the initial classes, I'm mixing it up a little. I figure Jump with a higher damaging sword would do better, a Ninja with High level magic, etc.

But damn I know it'll take me a while to have a battle as good and long as that.

Phoenix
716th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):An epic clash against Lv. 99 arrogance." , posted Sun 13 Feb 07:56post reply

Hahaha, that thing read like an intense novel. Had me gripping my knuckles (not literally) to the end. "Jian Shian takes to the heavens once more." lol, this is such a fantasy novel style line and then combine that with FF style battle. Your epic shall be immortalized as a note pad document in my hard drive. Congratulations.

KTallguy
521th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):An epic clash against Lv. 99 arrogance." , posted Sun 13 Feb 13:55post reply

Man, what's with the people on this game... first they challenge me as level 30s to my level 5-6, and then when I tell them to handicap they still have a 5 level gap...

Well I guess they don't want to lose but...

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"