What videogame ringtone is on your movile? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3765 Views )

IkariDC
286th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"What videogame ringtone is on your mobile?" , posted Tue 8 Feb 05:57:post reply

Ok think of this as a "Do you whistle to fighting game music?" spinoff, not a rip-off!

What videogame/anime ringtone is on your mobile? Write down any related funny stories if that applies.

Ok, I have many ringtones on MP3 format, but my default one used to be "Holy Orders" from GGXX. I work at an office, so it's pretty common to listen to polyphonic ringtones on people's mobiles. One day I had my mobile, with the volume at maximum on one of my coat's pocket. The thing started ringing and the whole office was looking at me surprised, my friends laughing, and one of my co-workers behind me asking, is that ACDC?
Can you believe I was listening to Holy Orders on my headphones from the computer, at that very moment?

I recently changed my default ringtone to Tomoyasu Hotei's "Battle without honor or humanity #1", featured on Kill Bill Vol1, and it happened again. I was listening to music, when suddenly, I started to notice some loud sound comming from far behind me. People in front of me started to look that way. I put out one of the headphones, while thinking "who is the asshole with that loud music?". Then I recogniced the song, and a moment later found out it was my mobile! I could see one of my friend's head appearing from a far colunm while I was answering, the bastard was having some laughs...

Edit: Spelling

[this message was edited by IkariDC on Tue 8 Feb 06:02]

Replies:

lunatic
140th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Tue 8 Feb 06:05post reply

w00t! first reply!

definitely SMB theme from 1 2 and 3.
FF7 prelude, and... victory fanfare from FF5, FF6 Kefka theme, and the bubble bobble song.

You've been very bad~ Now off to the gas chamber!

Sano
1457th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Tue 8 Feb 06:12:post reply

The only ring tone I use is Ryu's SF2 Theme song that I got from Arcadetones.com. I've had it for 2 years and still love it.

The funniest thing that happened with my Ring Tone was when I was at Big Apple Anime Fest 2 years ago, the director of Initial D was there to show off Initial D. As a complete surprise Sunday Morning, he announced he brung over the new Fist of the Northstar OVA, and the subtitles(done in house) were actually better than the crappy bootleg sub that was floating around because this time I undersood when the story took place unlike the Sub. Anyway, I forgot to turn my Cell off since they didn't remind people to do so. My girlfriend at the time called me (I swear they have radar and call you at the worst times!) and during one of the quiet moments of the flick where not much was going on my cell with Ryu's theme on full blast went went off! Everyone said "Shhh!" and after I said sorry and turned it off, everyone laughed since they all recognized Ryu's theme including the director! Heh, heh, only Sano can rep for SF during Fist! It's too bad the OVA series itself turned to crap after parts 2 & 3.

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 8 Feb 06:34]

IkariDC
286th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Tue 8 Feb 06:12post reply

Mmmm nice stuff! I should put some FF6 music on mine's...

I also have some MGS2, Castlevania, Out Run, Kirby's Dream Land and Street of Rage tunes.

Of course I have some Kishidan and Katamari Damacy songs, but they are too embarrasing to put them as default ringtones...

HAYATO
268th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Tue 8 Feb 07:48post reply

I'd love to get the X-Men vs. Street Fighter selection screen in my mobile phone, but I have no bluetooth nor any PC connection cable(only an IR port), so I guess I'll have to wait...

JJWE
469th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Tue 8 Feb 08:58post reply

Zelda, SMB underground level and Wonderboy in monster land here. No funny stories to go with it though. :(

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

Burning Ranger
1046th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Tue 8 Feb 09:05post reply

quote:
Ok think of this as a "Do you whistle to fighting game music?" spinoff, not a rip-off!

What videogame/anime ringtone is on your mobile? Write down any related funny stories if that applies.

Megaman 2 Password Theme (w/ no Caller ID)
Megaman 3 Weapon Theme (w/ Caller ID)

Other tunes:

Cammy's SSF2 Theme (ringtone for when a special girls call)
Virtual On: Temjin Theme
"Simple Life" from Guilty gear
Assorted Megaman themes
Ice Hockey theme

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Juke Joint Jezebel
3313th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Tue 8 Feb 09:31post reply

Link Here

"The earth has become a grave of rotten sticks."

Grave
884th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Tue 8 Feb 09:35post reply

I have a midi of Noontide from GGXX. Alternate: the skateboarding theme from MGS2 Substance.

EddyT
409th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Tue 8 Feb 12:00post reply

I have at least 20 video game ringtones... some of them are pretty accurate. My favorite one out of all of them is a Parappa the Rappa ringtone (the one that has the chorus, "Step on the gas, step on the brake").

It's an inside joke with friends as well, because last year I dressed up as Parappa for Halloween.

lunatic
141th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Wed 9 Feb 03:34post reply

yea.. SMB underground level is a good call, especially if you can set it to ascending volume.

You've been very bad~ Now off to the gas chamber!

Time Mage
2049th Post

"Re(1):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Wed 9 Feb 04:42post reply

I don't have a mobile, and I don't want one. However, as silly as it may sound, in the moment I'll need one, the thing that I will do first is select a cool videogame music as a ringtone.

Black_Hayato
110th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Wed 9 Feb 05:27post reply

Lots of Megaman:) They work so well has ringtones. Short and catchy. I usually head over to vgmusic.com and pick out a midi.

Gate's Lab from X6
Metalman
Spark Mandrill
Storm Eagle
SF2X Ken
Strider MVC
Stage1 Shatterhand
Ninja gaiden 2 act 2-2
Tech Romancer
Thunder Force 3 siren
Thunder Force 3 orn base

Toxico
4028th Post

"Re(6):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Wed 9 Feb 05:47post reply

On games I have Pong and I think that I have Galaxian to, my cel is way to old.

On tunes I have mostly opera, Vivaldi 4 seasons are my favourite.... But since I'm always at work or class I have the cel without tunes ;P

See??? He is a God...

Undead Fred
2104th Post

"Re(7):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Wed 9 Feb 05:54post reply

My phone is just a plain one without anything fancier than SNAKE II and that little spaceship game, but I chose the firecracker ringtone just because it sounded sort of like the "weeeee-ooooooo!" that the dogs did in SH3. Well, it reminded me of it, at least.

IkariDC
289th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):What videogame ringtone is on your mobi" , posted Wed 9 Feb 06:11post reply

Megaman tunes... that reminds me of something I did today.

Ladys & Gentleman, today was the first time I connected my mobile phone to that thing called "the internet". Oh wait, it was just the "Vodafone Live!" service whose access is placed on a button that you can commonly press when you didn't want to.

I was taking a break from work with some co-workers, when one of them started browsing a similar service on his mobile. I then said WTF, I'm going to do it to. I browsed the videogames section and started reading some game companys out of the list ... Namco!... Taito! and then I shouted... Capcom!!! I just entered on that option and saw there were a bunch of games you could download: Megaman, Street Fighter Alpha something, RE something, and Ghouls' n' Ghosts puzzle something. Since I didn't know how much I was spending browsing those menus, I jumped at Megaman, and downloaded it for about 3$.

It's a nice port of the first NES Megaman game, with tiny graphics, the tunes you always loved from the original game and an enhaced gameplay to fit the mobile buttons and limitations. The game is a lot easier than the original, if you die, you continue in the same place you were, and the game progress is saved automatically. It's pretty sweet, now I know what I'll be doing when travelling by train from work to home!