http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/nbc/

The Rumblefish 2-
http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish/location/

Melty Blood Act Cadenza-
http://e56.info/mbac/

The Rumble Fish (PS2)-
http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish_ps2/
/ Promo Video

- New character(s) in Melty Blood should be revealed at the AOU show coming in 2 weeks (2/18-19)

- One of the confirmed characters in the PS2's Rumblefish is Sheryl. The other character's silhouette looks to be like none of the four new characters in Rumblefish 2. It looks more or less like that of Hazama, the secretary at Probe Nexus.

edit: changed thread name.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 7 Feb 17:18]

Replies:

Shingo The One
393th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"Thanks Professor" , posted Mon 7 Feb 16:12:post reply

quote:
Official Sites:

Neo Geo Battle Colisium-

The Rumblefish 2-
http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish/location/

Melty Blood Act Cadenza-
http://e56.info/mbac/

The Rumble Fish (PS2)-
http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish_ps2/
/ Promo Video

- New character(s) in Melty Blood should be revealed at the AOU show coming in 2 weeks (2/18-19)

- One of the confirmed characters in the PS2's Rumblefish is Sheryl. The other character's silhouette looks to be like none of the four new characters in Rumblefish 2. It looks more or less like that of Hazama, the secretary at Probe Nexus.

Thanks very much Professor for closing that love-hate thread.It's amazing that one simple misunderstanding degenerated into something which would have soon turned into ultimate hell.For that, I thank you.Now, as you said, let's move on, and with that out of the picture, I can't wait for the AOU show next week.I wonder if they will have NeoGeo Battle Coliseum in the show.
PS BTW Professor, the NGBC update you listed is the same that was done last week, the one with the incomplete seiyuu list in the Q&A section.
But it has an update in the Screenshots section, the few new shots coming from the latest Arcadia, showing the game in its' most complete version yet.That's all.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Tue 8 Feb 02:32]

Altimus
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Nejibako, TRF, MBCadenza Thread # 2" , posted Tue 8 Feb 13:23post reply

I read a rumor at another forum that one of the new AC characters is going to be Inui. :/

Iggy
5761th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Nejibako, TRF, MBCadenza Thread # 2" , posted Tue 8 Feb 22:01post reply

Sorry Shingo, I didn't see you mention it.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

Shingo The One
394th Post

Silver Customer

"The new Nejibako Thread" , posted Tue 8 Feb 23:20post reply

quote:

No problem Iggy-san, we'll just keep the discussions for the upcoming AOU show and the game here.Catch you later.

Iggy
5762th Post

"AOU Show" , posted Wed 9 Feb 01:37post reply

quote:
No problem Iggy-san, we'll just keep the discussions for the upcoming AOU show and the game here.Catch you later.

Speaking of which, I think Taito will show Shikigami no Shiro 3 there ? Weren't they supposed to show some details of the game before it AOU ?

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Shingo The One
395th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):AOU Show" , posted Wed 9 Feb 01:58post reply

quote:

Speaking of which, I think Taito will show Shikigami no Shiro 3 there ? Weren't they supposed to show some details of the game before it AOU ?

Well, we only got one-and-a-half weeks to wait before the show begins.Let's just wait and see what comes up.

Phoenix
707th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):AOU Show" , posted Wed 9 Feb 03:42post reply

quote:

Well, we only got one-and-a-half weeks to wait before the show begins.Let's just wait and see what comes up.

Holy crap. He didn't say Later. Is this a sign?

Shingo The One
396th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):AOU Show" , posted Wed 9 Feb 04:11post reply

quote:

Holy crap. He didn't say Later. Is this a sign?

What's up man?You look shocked there.What's wrong about not noting something about coming back soon?I have no idea, and I so hate patience.See you.

Valen
19th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):AOU Show" , posted Wed 9 Feb 05:06post reply

quote:

What's up man?You look shocked there.What's wrong about not noting something about coming back soon?I have no idea, and I so hate patience.See you.

Man... You already killed two treads about Rumble Fish 2. Is seams that nobody wants to talk with you. You are like a clown here or something. I don’t have anything personal against you, but please leave this tread and go spam elsewhere…

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice...

ONSLAUGHT
3254th Post

"Re(5):AOU Show" , posted Wed 9 Feb 05:10post reply

quote:

Man... You already killed two treads about Rumble Fish 2. Is seams that nobody wants to talk with you. You are like a clown here or something. I don’t have anything personal against you, but please leave this tread and go spam elsewhere…

Professor
2215th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):AOU Show" , posted Wed 9 Feb 05:16post reply

quote:

Bad news: only a few pictures will be presented at the AOU, due to lags in development.
link here

E5150
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Nejibako, TRF, MBCadenza Thread # 2" , posted Thu 10 Feb 22:10post reply

Updated with vids and stuff

Shingo The One
397th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):AOU Show" , posted Fri 11 Feb 02:26post reply

quote:

I agree, Onslaught.After all, the only thing I do is my job, imforming you folks, and I sure don't think it's a problem.Anyway, I continue on with the business.See you all later.

Shingo The One
398th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Nejibako, TRF, MBCadenza Thread # 2" , posted Fri 11 Feb 03:27post reply

quote:

Updated with vids and stuff

Thanks a lot for the update, e5150.
Now that I know that it will be at the show next week, and judging by the very cool clip, this game might for once really live up to its' hype.

NARUTO
2907th Post

"Re(3):Nejibako, TRF, MBCadenza Thread # 2" , posted Fri 11 Feb 04:11post reply

Curious to know if SNK will stay focused on Negibako, or if they will show us something else, like a KOF 2005 announcement.

Curious to see if Capcom will finaly show something about the Vampire remake too...

There is two infinite things in the world.
Universe and Human stupidity...Well for the universe I'm not sure....

Valen
20th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):AOU Show" , posted Fri 11 Feb 22:39post reply

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn’t want to sound mean or rude.
quote:

I agree, Onslaught.After all, the only thing I do is my job, imforming you folks, and I sure don't think it's a problem.Anyway, I continue on with the business.See you all later.

Don’t want to insult you in any way, but sometimes your fanboishness really killing some good threads.

Professor
2217th Post

MMCafe Owner

"MBCadenza New charas" , posted Sat 12 Feb 00:32:post reply

Just a quick note- according to the latest report from beta testing, Cadenza currently has two new player characters.

One is Aosaki Aoko (Last Boss in Re-Act) who of course should have new moves and be nerfed enough since she's a player character this time. The other is "the red demon" Kishima Kouma (Google images), the guy who killed Shiki's father.

[this message was edited by Professor on Sat 12 Feb 00:32]

sabo10
1120th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(8):AOU Show" , posted Sat 12 Feb 01:19post reply

Shingo! Stop killing the threads! Your ruewewing everything!!

Shingo The One
399th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(9):AOU Show" , posted Sat 12 Feb 01:58post reply

quote:

You called? First, what kind of shit is that brother?
Second, those two threads had no info so, in a way, I did nothing wrong about taking them off the list.
And for last, we still got a week left before the show, so let's just calm down, wait and see, shall we?

digitalboy
115th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):AOU Show" , posted Sat 12 Feb 03:45post reply

quote:

You called? First, what kind of shit is that brother?

I thought that you had a sense of humor.

Phoenix
714th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Re(10):AOU Show" , posted Sat 12 Feb 04:30post reply

Shingo, well I was only noting how you always say "Later" or "See you" or something like that at the end of all your posts...which by the way is completely unnecessary. That and how you always insert cuss words like shit and fuck and cock randomly in your posts. Those are some of my gripes about you. When you do stuff like that the thread turns into a thread about Shingo and not the thread topic. You did get better recently though I think.

I saw that new trailer movie on the snkplaymore's ngbc page. And well the game looks solid graphically. I just hope the gameplay and balance measure up.

Shingo The One
400th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):AOU Show" , posted Sat 12 Feb 05:32post reply

quote:
Shingo, well I was only noting how you always say "Later" or "See you" or something like that at the end of all your posts...which by the way is completely unnecessary. That and how you always insert cuss words like shit and fuck and cock randomly in your posts. Those are some of my gripes about you. When you do stuff like that the thread turns into a thread about Shingo and not the thread topic. You did get better recently though I think.

I saw that new trailer movie on the snkplaymore's ngbc page. And well the game looks solid graphically. I just hope the gameplay and balance measure up.

Well Phoenix, if that's the only problem I have that you have a gripe with, it's easily explainable.I always make those remarks at the end of my posts to be positive and so forth, and I sometimes say cuss words when I say about something really cool, in fact I know it's bad to say such things, but every once in a while isn't bad?
Anyway thanks for noting Phoenix, it's always good to learn of one's own mistakes to become a better person.

Iggy
5792th Post

"schmups" , posted Tue 15 Feb 02:34post reply

No Shikigami 3 then, but at least Raiden 3 will be completely playable.

Also, not directly AOU related, but Ibara's website has been updated.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

kurushimi
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):schmups" , posted Tue 15 Feb 12:16post reply

quote:
No Shikigami 3 then, but at least Raiden 3 will be completely playable.

Also, not directly AOU related, but Ibara's website has been updated.

Raiden 3 looks good, but games like Ibara make me wish they'd make a shmup that had your character a lot larger - like say, 15 - 20% of the screen. Yes yes I know that would be silly, but to let those character designs go to waste is a crime...

Hmm, maybe make the character sprite/model larger, but balance it with multiple hitboxes instead of one large one? Hmmmm

Shingo The One
402th Post

Gold Customer

"Last update before the show" , posted Thu 17 Feb 19:41post reply

quote:

Hey guys, immediately before the AOU arcade show, SNK Playmore has posted their latest update on NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, with a new Q&A, a new Museum based on Fatal Fury(with protagonist Terry Bogard), and surprise surprise, a new clip.
It's a short but sweet 43-second long gameplay clip, which shows some nice moves and some really cool FX.Now, let's just see what the show will tell us about it.

KTallguy
528th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Last update before the show" , posted Thu 17 Feb 20:08post reply

Maybe it's wrong to get excited... but ...

It looks pretty fun guys =)

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Iggy
5818th Post

"Re(1):Last update before the show" , posted Thu 17 Feb 20:27post reply

quote:
a new Q&A

Interesting bit :
The official illust and demo art are by a game named Ogura, and the winning illusts are by a guy named Shio.

Also, Kasumi asks where is her father and if he is going to be in the game, and they say they don't know.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Shingo The One
403th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Last update before the show" , posted Thu 17 Feb 20:39post reply

quote:
a new Q&A
Interesting bit :
The official illust and demo art are by a game named Ogura, and the winning illusts are by a guy named Shio.

Also, Kasumi asks where is her father and if he is going to be in the game, and they say they don't know.

Interesting news as always Iggy-san.Finally, in a few hours time, the show is about to begin, and we all can't wait to see if they made positive progress with this fighting game.

NARUTO
2915th Post

"Re(2):Last update before the show" , posted Fri 18 Feb 04:30post reply

quote:

We should tie those 2 together so they won't lost each other once again.....

Any word on Capcom at the AOU show and about what they may show??

Iggy
5824th Post

"Re(3):Last update before the show" , posted Fri 18 Feb 17:56post reply

quote:

Capcom won't be showing a single videogame.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Shingo The One
404th Post

Gold Customer

"Guilty Gear XXX anyone?" , posted Sat 19 Feb 03:47post reply

quote:

Hey guys, the first fighting game tidbit from the AOU show isn't about NeoGeo Battle Coliseum or The Rumble Fish 2, but about Guilty Gear.In fact, Sammy has officialy said that a new GG is coming and will be unveiled at a later date.
Guilty Gear XXX, anyone?

catalyst
31th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Guilty Gear XXX anyone?" , posted Sat 19 Feb 04:28post reply

quote:

Hey guys, the first fighting game tidbit from the AOU show isn't about NeoGeo Battle Coliseum or The Rumble Fish 2, but about Guilty Gear.In fact, Sammy has officialy said that a new GG is coming and will be unveiled at a later date.
Guilty Gear XXX, anyone?

Shingo or anyone who could answer this, didn't it supposedly say in the guilty gear xx burst encyclopedia that daisuke mentioned that XX was supposedly the last one but more fans kept pushing onwards for it in the interview?

Shingo The One
406th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Guilty Gear XXX anyone?" , posted Sat 19 Feb 04:44post reply

quote:

Guilty Gear XXX, anyone?

Shingo or anyone who could answer this, didn't it supposedly say in the guilty gear xx burst encyclopedia that daisuke mentioned that XX was supposedly the last one but more fans kept pushing onwards for it in the interview?

I don't know about that my friend, but think about it, could someone leave something like that unfinished, or maybe the question to which you ask the answer was brought before or after the last official game of this series was released?

beto
805th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"art for full cast of Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum" , posted Sat 19 Feb 05:03post reply

Sammy will just use the same backgrounds again.

You can see the full (playable characters) art for Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum (also a better look in color of the 4 TRF2 characters) here:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050218/aou_sm.htm

Phoenix
725th Post

"Re(1):art for full cast of Neo-Geo Battle Col" , posted Sat 19 Feb 05:37post reply

quote:
Sammy will just use the same backgrounds again.

You can see the full (playable characters) art for Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum (also a better look in color of the 4 TRF2 characters) here:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050218/aou_sm.htm

I want wallscrolls, posters, mook, wallpapers...I want them...I need them now. Washizuka is so doing the Gotatsu/Gatotsu. (I never did learn which spelling is correct)

Pollyanna
856th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Guilty Gear XXX anyone?" , posted Sat 19 Feb 08:11post reply

quote:

If I recall, I believe Ishiwatari said the next game would be the last? It wasn't XX at any rate. We still have Raven and the Man after all...
Wait...Raven...that's his name, right? I hope I didn't just make that up.

Catalyst
32th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Guilty Gear XXX anyone?" , posted Sat 19 Feb 08:51post reply

quote:

If I recall, I believe Ishiwatari said the next game would be the last? It wasn't XX at any rate. We still have Raven and the Man after all...
Wait...Raven...that's his name, right? I hope I didn't just make that up.

Yeah its Raven nothing made up, the supposed future Axl low or something like that.

NARUTO
2921th Post

"Re(4):Guilty Gear XXX anyone?" , posted Sun 20 Feb 04:46post reply

quote:

Yeah its Raven nothing made up, the supposed future Axl low or something like that.

Yeah that's it... And there is so much stuff we didn't saw yet, Like bowling pin, an instant kill for dizzy, and who is the MAN...

It would be ridiculous to finish a serie without showing the n°1 bad guy..

Shingo The One
407th Post

Gold Customer

"Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 02:10post reply

quote:

Dear Iggy-san, now that the arcade show is over for this year, I noticed that no one has posted anything new on Nejibako.What have you found out new about it Iggy-san?As always, I look ahead for your reliable info.

digitalboy
125th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 02:13post reply

Yo, The One, did you pick up the KOF 2 pack? Since your username is Shingo, I would think that you be one of the first people to get it.

Shingo The One
408th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 02:59post reply

quote:
Yo, The One, did you pick up the KOF 2 pack? Since your username is Shingo, I would think that you be one of the first people to get it.

Sorry Digitalboy, even though the pack has 2k3, with the best version of The One so far until the new one this year, I didn't get it.Let's just say that I count myself blessed that I can somehow obtain fighting games from Japan, anime-based to be exact.And let's leave it at that.

digitalboy
126th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 03:45post reply

quote:
Sorry Digitalboy, even though the pack has 2k3, with the best version of The One so far until the new one this year, I didn't get it.Let's just say that I count myself blessed that I can somehow obtain fighting games from Japan, anime-based to be exact.And let's leave it at that.

Fair enough.

Shingo The One
409th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 03:49post reply

quote:

Fair enough.

Just out of curiousity digitalboy, do you have the pack, are you enjoying it and what are your opinions about 2k3?

Digitalboy
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 04:22post reply

quote:
Just out of curiousity digitalboy, do you have the pack, are you enjoying it and what are your opinions about 2k3?

I have it.

And here are my thoughts:

SNKP USA needs to quit jerking us around with the black and white instruction books that carry ZERO art and command instructions. The commands can be found on their site. Thankfully, I have the Enterbrain mooks for both 2k2 and 2k3, but SNKP USA still needs to give us "more."

I like it and I would probably enjoy the 2 pack more if I have some sort of competition with someone that enjoys 2-d fighters.

I have noticed that I have been playing 2k2 more, mainly to get all the characters. I have played 2k2 before on the Dreamcast and it feels the same to me but with more characters.

As for 2k3, **this is my first time that I have played this game (seriously) I live in a place that time overlooked**, this is my first thought while playing in practice mode: "WHAT IN THE WIDE WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS DID THEY DO TO THESE CHARACTERS?"

By the way, I read on the Gamefaqs site that there are some edited versions of the 2 pack out. I am very happy that I didn't get one of the edited versions. Can anyone here verify? Also, there were complaints of control issues for 2k2. All the commands comes out without a hitch. Weird no?

Ishmael
1842th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 06:19post reply

quote:
SNKP USA needs to quit jerking us around with the black and white instruction books that carry ZERO art and command instructions. The commands can be found on their site. Thankfully, I have the Enterbrain mooks for both 2k2 and 2k3, but SNKP USA still needs to give us "more."

I guess after the full color Engrish extravaganza of KoF:MI they felt the need to cut back on the packaging. At least all the character moves are listed in-game so it's not that big a loss.

quote:
By the way, I read on the Gamefaqs site that there are some edited versions of the 2 pack out. I am very happy that I didn't get one of the edited versions. Can anyone here verify?

This is the first I've heard of this. With the lackluster sales for the US branch of SNKP I'm surprised they even managed to get one version on the market but anything is possible. Could you provide a link for this complaint/rumor?

digitalboy
129th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 07:10post reply

quote:
Could you provide a link for this complaint/rumor?

I should have read the whole thread. Now that I read it. It is nothing to worry about but if anyone wants to read what is on a bunch of 13 year old minds here it is...your moment of zen.

Professor
2219th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 09:58:post reply

Few small things..

NGBC's control was pretty similar to KOF/SvC. I think it was more similar to SvC since it 1.didn't have AB roll / 2.had a similar dash system /3.had a high jump system but no short jump /4. I think throwing was C+D?

But the game didn't seem as.. hummn, "boring" as SvC, probably since it had a good selection of characters with very different moves. IMO, SvC had too many Shoto-types.

I realized that Ai had a special where she dropped Tetris blocks on her opponents... I wonder if it's legit for Imoya to do that.

Rumble Fish 2, you can see your opponent beaten up on the victory screen this time. But it doesn't happen all the time, so I'm guessing it's only when their cloths are completely ripped. The last boss is a blond lady with a ponytail named Beatrice (or something near that spell) who wears a suit, and you can part break her just as any regular character. There were slots for 2 more characters in the character select screen, so I'm guessing the boss and someone else will be useable?

That Spectral fighting game, no offence, didn't look too promising.

If there's one thing I can say about the AOU, they were stupid of opening it on the day right before Wonderfest. People just won't spend their energy on games that'll come out in arcades in a few months, when they need to save that to fight over crouds to get the limited edition garage kits on the next day.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 21 Feb 10:00]

Red Falcon
5382th Post

"Re(9):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 11:27post reply

quote:
I realized that Ai had a special where she dropped Tetris blocks on her opponents... I wonder if it's legit for Imoya to do that.

It's probably supposed to be from "Joy Joy Kid" and not Tetris... any other interesting bits of news to share with us?

Best site EVER: Link Here

Iggy
5844th Post

"Re(9):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 18:04post reply

Thanks Prof!
quote:
Rumble Fish 2

So, did the sprites seemed a bit taller or was it just Sammy's hype machine?

So... Senkô nor rondo (and Spectral vs) in april, and Ibara in May? Hummm...
There was a Spectral vs movie on an uploader, but it was erased when I was at 50%... For what I can see, it's a nice SFC game. Chain combo, mu no kyôchi, burst... Lots of originality ahead.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?
Amaterasu : Oh ils n'oseront pas. Je suis dans mon droit.
Moi : Vous savez je préfère avoir tord et rester en vie.
Amaterasu : Ah ? Pas moi.

Shingo The One
410th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 20:42post reply

quote:
Thanks Prof!
Rumble Fish 2

So... Senkô nor rondo (and Spectral vs) in april, and Ibara in May? Hummm...
There was a Spectral vs movie on an uploader, but it was erased when I was at 50%... For what I can see, it's a nice SFC game. Chain combo, mu no kyôchi, burst... Lots of originality ahead.

Thanks Professor for your response on NGBC, well the game is reaching the final part of development on a positive promising note.And as for TRF2, I'm surprised that the final boss is a bitch and you can fuck her just like anyone else in the game.Here's to a fantastic year for fighting games.

Professor
2220th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(10):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 22:23post reply

quote:
It's probably supposed to be from "Joy Joy Kid" and not Tetris... any other interesting bits of news to share with us?

--

Aggh that didn't hit me! JoyJoy!

I can't think of much to say about NGBC since it really didn't defy my expectations: it plays very much with the similar game engine to SvC and KOF with two buttons being punches and two buttons being kicks. It has a 5th, "E" button, similarly to Neowave, except it's used in NGBC for tag changing.. which doesn't seem to have a penalty time where you can't switch like in MvC2. (Egh, I need to make an E button icon for the board.)

The red part of the energy bar that's depleted but recoverable when waiting in the background, it doesn't seem to go away even if you switch to fighting with that character. So I don't think there's much of a penalty for tagging in NGBC. The interesting thing, the red part of the energy bar gets totally wiped if you get hit with a double assult (special tag attack).

You can actually see Lee Pailong's face in the victory screen... To note, the victory screen portraits are drawn from a different artist than the illustrations that the game is known for.

TRF2, yes, the characters seem larger than TRF1. But it's pretty subtle that you wouldn't realize it unless you've been told about it prior to playing the game.

IMO, there's a lot that's changed in the game with the addition of all the systems that makes it play deep, but given the game's flat success on its previous release, I don't think too many arcades will get the game = there won't be enough competition for people to study the game and they'll just take it as a cloth ripping game.

The lines at MB:Act Cadenza were pretty dead except for.. erm, hardcore looking Otakus. It didn't have any characters from Fate as people were hoping.

Shingo The One
411th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Mon 21 Feb 22:30post reply

quote:

--

Aggh that didn't hit me! JoyJoy!

I can't think of much to say about NGBC since it really didn't defy my expectations: it plays very much with the similar game engine to SvC and KOF with two buttons being punches and two buttons being kicks. It has a 5th, "E" button, similarly to Neowave, except it's used in NGBC for tag changing.. which doesn't seem to have a penalty time where you can't switch like in MvC2. (Egh, I need to make an E button icon for the board.)

The red part of the energy bar that's depleted but recoverable when waiting in the background, it doesn't seem to go away even if you switch to fighting with that character. So I don't think there's much of a penalty for tagging in NGBC. The interesting thing, the red part of the energy bar gets totally wiped if you get hit with a double assult (special tag attack).

You can actually see Lee Pailong's face in the victory screen... To note, the victory screen portraits are drawn from a different artist than the illustrations that the game is known for.

TRF2, yes, the characters seem larger than TRF1. But it's pretty subtle that you wouldn't realize it unless you've been told about it prior to playing the game.

IMO, there's a lot that's changed in the game with the addition of all the systems that makes it play deep, but given the game's flat success on its previous release, I don't think too many arcades will get the game = there won't be enough competition for people to study the game and they'll just take it as a cloth ripping game.

The lines at MB:Act Cadenza were pretty dead except for.. erm, hardcore looking Otakus. It didn't have any characters from Fate as people were hoping.

Speaking of which Professor, judging from the official results of the show brought up by gamefront.de, I can say NGBC is looking optimistically good.In fact, it has been voted as the 8th best game of the show.Not bad at all.

beto
806th Post

"More Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum Pics" , posted Wed 23 Feb 08:58post reply

http://www.nozomi.nl/paginas/subpagina/arcadesub/aou2005.htm

VManOfMana
591th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Re(10):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Wed 23 Feb 09:55post reply

quote:

This doesn't sound good. I never considered Melty Blood to be that great of a gane from a competitive point of view, and I was hoping Act Cadenza the be a step in the right directions. Was there something wrong with the game or maybe just the otakus scared the people away?

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

Shingo The One
412th Post

Gold Customer

"Latest Arcadia preview" , posted Wed 23 Feb 13:43post reply

quote:

Thanks beto for the short but still interesting update.At least, we're at the end of the month and this means one thing:the latest Arcadia.That, and SNK Playmore's latest update.
And check out the preview on Arcadia's site.
The front cover will feature The Rumble Fish 2.You even see the final bitch in the cover.One more month to go for this game.

Spoon
788th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Wed 23 Feb 14:30post reply

I'm worried about TRF2.

After playing a bunch of the first, there's a lot to like about it... but the gameplay definitely feels rough, but the systems are cool and the visuals are nice. The speed/pacing feels weird and uneven (when the players aren't right in each other's face, it moves like SF2 WW.... when they are doing the usual d.LK rush, the game is suddenly very fast), and... yeah. If TRF2 really smoothes out the admittedly many rough edges of the game, then it ought to be a really good game, and I'd hate to see a really good game get lost in obscurity.

Adon
1487th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Re(10):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Wed 23 Feb 18:13post reply

When does NGBC come out and for what systems again? I am not certain on the those details. Please answer either Iggy-san or The One

Thank you

Pollyanna
878th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Wed 23 Feb 19:37post reply

quote:
When does NGBC come out and for what systems again? I am not certain on the those details. Please answer either Iggy-san or The One

Thank you

Well, I would tell you that last I heard they said that a home version was unannounced, or rather that they were only considering it, but as I am neither Iggy nor Shingo, my information is shady at best.

Shingo The One
413th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Iggy-san, nothing on NGBC?" , posted Wed 23 Feb 19:39post reply

quote:

Thank you

The answer is there is no answer for now.The release date has always been labeled as Spring, but it's obviously a short matter of time.As for the conversion, don't be surprised to see it on PS2.

Ishmael
1849th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):More Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum Pics" , posted Wed 23 Feb 23:18post reply

quote:

Does Capcom have a new Alien themed arcade game coming out?

It's good to see that Fujiko Mine took the time to drop by the show.

Iggy
5881th Post

"Re(2):More Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum Pics" , posted Thu 24 Feb 18:38post reply

Nejibako update.

Moi : Oui bien sûr mais pourrions nous quitter le milieu de la route et discuter de cela sur le trottoir?

Cain Highwind
516th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):More Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum Pics" , posted Thu 24 Feb 18:44post reply

quote:
Nejibako update.

Wow! Already, I figured it'd be a few more hours. And COOL! Another video, downloading it now.

Iggy, is there anything worth noting in this week's Q+A?

Iggy
5882th Post

"Re(4):More Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum Pics" , posted Thu 24 Feb 18:52post reply

quote:
Iggy, is there anything worth noting in this week's Q+A?

They didn't noticed there wasn't a blonde woman in the roaster before someone pointed it (Mary, Jeanne, Charlotte, Jenny, Yuki, Mature, King, etc) so if they ever do a sequel, they'll think about it.
Chonshû and Chonrei are one again possessed by their ancestors.
Yuki and Ai are 17, Yuzu is 12, and the other have their ages of their original games. (Terry, Karate and Robert are 30)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaahahahaha, they selected my question about SS0 ! But of course, they don't answer to it. I REALLY don't understand this Q&A page.

Also, another character remains unseen, a cute male character. Or maybe they are talking about the kid before he transforms into Mizuchi ? They wouldn't dare, would they ?

Shingo The One
414th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):More Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum Pics" , posted Thu 24 Feb 19:00post reply

quote:
Nejibako update.

Thanks as always Iggy-san.I'm surprised that this time they decided to make a clip showing the new male protagonist in action, and I have to say that he and the game are looking cool.I already love the BGM theme and the character.And I immediately glimpsed and smiled at the surprise "cameo" of the old NeoGeo presentation at the end of the trailer.With such potential, this game surely must not fail.This or the new KOF.

beto
808th Post

"Three New Videos (Gamespot)" , posted Fri 25 Feb 08:36post reply

Gamespot has 3 new videos:

http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/neogeobattlecoliseum/media.html

Professor
2222th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):Three New Videos (Gamespot)" , posted Fri 25 Feb 09:29post reply

quote:

Looks like they've got TRF2, Melty Blood and a few other videos too.
Scroll to bottom

Momo
54th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):More Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum Pics" , posted Fri 25 Feb 09:35post reply

quote:
Nejibako update.

did anyone else notice the Neo Geo Pocket startup music when Ai jumped out?

we smiled a genuine smile.

Shingo The One
416th Post

Gold Customer

"New TRF2 test and Garou tidbits" , posted Fri 25 Feb 19:24:post reply

quote:

Scroll to bottom

Speaking of which, TRF2 has another loke test.Check out the game's site for a little update.
PS And SNK Playmore has mentioned on their site that the last Garou game released will be out on PS2 on May 12th.And judging by the sketchy translation I got from Neo-Geo.com of the story of the trio Terry Bogard-Rock Howard-Geese Howard for Nejibako, the boss's supposed second and final death will celebrate its' tenth anniversary in December.Something to think about ahead of the new KOF.

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Fri 25 Feb 19:39]

Pollyanna
888th Post

"Re(1):New TRF2 test and Garou tidbits" , posted Fri 25 Feb 20:47post reply

Damn it. I want Sangokushi Taisen cards NOW.

WHY!?
WHYYYY!?

Shingo The One
416th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):New TRF2 test and Garou tidbits" , posted Sat 26 Feb 16:13post reply

quote:

Scroll to bottom
Speaking of which, TRF2 has another loke test.Check out the game's site for a little update.
PS And SNK Playmore has mentioned on their site that the last Garou game released will be out on PS2 on May 12th.And judging by the sketchy translation I got from Neo-Geo.com of the story of the trio Terry Bogard-Rock Howard-Geese Howard for Nejibako, the boss's supposed second and final death will celebrate its' tenth anniversary in December.Something to think about ahead of the new KOF.

I'm surprised that someone from a well-known fighting game forum site is happy with the contributions he/she gets from the Cafe.
And I say this because Ninjuichi from Snk-capcom.com has spread the word on The Rumble Fish 2 with the latest info thanks to the Professor...and me.At least, it's always good to spread the word.

Stifu
75th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):New TRF2 test and Garou tidbits" , posted Sun 27 Feb 01:04post reply

I still don't understand why Terry got listed as a Garou Densetsu character instead of a Mark of the Wolves one, on the official website.

Shingo The One
418th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):New TRF2 test and Garou tidbits" , posted Sun 27 Feb 01:15:post reply

quote:
I still don't understand why Terry got listed as a Garou Densetsu character instead of a Mark of the Wolves one, on the official website.

Maybe because the game in which his definitive version was first shown, MOTW, is a Fatal Fury (Garou Densetsu) game.

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Sun 27 Feb 01:17]

Stifu
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):New TRF2 test and Garou tidbits" , posted Sun 27 Feb 01:30post reply

quote:
Maybe because the game in which his definitive version was first shown, MOTW, is a Fatal Fury (Garou Densetsu) game.

They listed them as two different series in the NBC museum.

Shingo The One
418th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):New TRF2 test and Garou tidbits" , posted Sun 27 Feb 01:54post reply

quote:

They listed them as two different series in the NBC museum.

That's odd my friend.Maybe it's because of the story he has in NeoGeo Battle Coliseum that links him to that game and not his game of origin.

Red Falcon
5389th Post

"Re(6):New TRF2 test and Garou tidbits" , posted Sun 27 Feb 02:32post reply

Remember, MOTW doesn't play like any other Fatal Fury. It's essentially a new series, like SF 3 is a new series compared to SF 2/SF Zero.

Best site EVER: Link Here

Shingo The One
419th Post

Gold Customer

"TRF2 release date" , posted Mon 28 Feb 04:36post reply

quote:
Remember, MOTW doesn't play like any other Fatal Fury. It's essentially a new series, like SF 3 is a new series compared to SF 2/SF Zero.

Guys, thanks to Neo-Arcadia.com who have got their hands on the latest Arcadia, I can tell you the release date for The Rumble Fish 2.It's exactly a month from now:28th March.

beto
813th Post

"Tung Match Video: Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum" , posted Wed 2 Mar 00:28post reply

http://scn.web2.jp/neo.lzh

digitalboy
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Tung Match Video: Neo-Geo Battle Colise" , posted Wed 2 Mar 01:59post reply

quote:

Whaa? I thought that you only have to beat one of the two to win a match a la Tekken Tag. Oh well, I thought wrong. BTW thanks Beto.

beto
814th Post

"Re(2):Tung Match Video: Neo-Geo Battle Colise" , posted Wed 2 Mar 02:41post reply

quote:

Whaa? I thought that you only have to beat one of the two to win a match a la Tekken Tag.

That´s only against the computer.

Shingo The One
421th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Tung Match Video: Neo-Geo Battle Colise" , posted Wed 2 Mar 04:15post reply

quote:

Whaa? I thought that you only have to beat one of the two to win a match a la Tekken Tag.

That´s only against the computer.

Oh well, thanks anyway beto for the short but interesting update.At least, the game is okay loading-wise(a delay of 5 seconds).Can't wait for its' release.

Shingo The One
428th Post

Gold Customer

"Nejibako update" , posted Thu 3 Mar 22:09:post reply

quote:

Iggy-san, SNK Playmore has a big update for Nejibako this week.Apart from the Museum and the usual Q&A section updates, this time there are TWO new clips on the game.The first clip shows for the second time the new male protagonist(surely more interesting than the first one), while the second one is easily the better one, because it SO is.WATCH IT RIGHT NOW!!!

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Thu 3 Mar 22:11]

Iggy
5937th Post

"Re(1):Nejibako update" , posted Thu 3 Mar 23:59:post reply

What the hell is Haômaru doing with his hair ? Is he learning kabuki or what ? Is he Senryô Haômaru ?
(also, I like the Yoshitora-color of Genj)

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 4 Mar 00:00]

Red Falcon
5399th Post

"Re(2):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 01:59post reply

Some of those juggles scare me... looks like serious potential for infinates (especially the one with Ryo jumping and chopping on.. who was it, Haohmaru? If they hadn't cut away, I wonder if he would have just kept on doing that?) Glad to see Asura still has his huge unblockable axe (I wonder if it's still unblockable?)

Best site EVER:Link Here

tenguman
90th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 02:14post reply

Yuki makes the game look like crap.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Iggy
5944th Post

"Re(3):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 06:40:post reply

quote:

This is Imoya (c) quality.
I wonder where the only good dotter that still worked at SNKP is now.
quote:
Glad to see Asura still has his huge unblockable axe (I wonder if it's still unblockable?)

It better be, since it's so slow you can't possibly take anyone by surprise with it. Since there seems to be some sort of a ground followup (Terry and his power wave), maybe you can hit a down ennemy with it?

Also, I just noticed Nakoruru had her "warrior voice", not her kimoi voice.
It's going to be 96 all over again, and the Complete Works on Nakoruru's Evolution will grow of at least 3 more volumes.

When Hotaru makes her orgasm move, I almost hear her scream "loli, yahaaa!". I'm scared.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 4 Mar 06:51]

Cain Highwind
517th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 08:48post reply

quote:
This is Imoya (c) quality.

I find the old school references with Yuki and Ai kind of funny. It's just the damn videos don't show anything that impressive gameplay wise with him. I'm really impressed they finally updated Iori though, and gave him an awesome looking super to boot!

From seeing the new AOU vid I get a "MvC2 vibe". The feeling that it'll be broken and unbalanced, but at the same time it'll be be SNKP's most succesful game yet simply because of the button mashing and flashy supers, and of course it'll still be "fun" because of this.

Evenor
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 09:09:post reply

quote:
I'm really impressed they finally updated Iori though, and gave him an awesome looking super to boot!

I agree! I usually hate Iori but that super was awesome.

The game is looking great.The only thing they need to do stop releasing videos of ugly Yuki and release more of Ai(<3).

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

[this message was edited by Evenor on Fri 4 Mar 10:22]

tenguman
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 09:37post reply

quote:
Does Yuki say " im not a boy " when he wins?

Yes, because he is gay.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Phoenix
743th Post

"Re(7):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 09:57post reply

Just in case, Yuuki's quoting the NGPC advertisement campaign against the Gameboy in Japan...

Cain Highwind
518th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 11:42post reply

quote:
Just in case, Yuuki's quoting the NGPC advertisement campaign against the Gameboy in Japan...

Yep, and here's a copy of that ad.
http://www.neogeoforlife.com/art/ngpcad1.jpg

KTallguy
546th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 13:40post reply

I dunno, again, trying not to get excited....

but it looks like a fun game =)

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Red Falcon
5400th Post

"Re(4):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 13:50post reply

quote:
It better be, since it's so slow you can't possibly take anyone by surprise with it. Since there seems to be some sort of a ground followup (Terry and his power wave), maybe you can hit a down ennemy with it?
This was the case before (you could chop people who were down for massive damage) so it might still be.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Fygee
1159th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 15:16post reply

Asura looks fucking awesome. I can't wait to kick some ass with him.

I love that new flash when characters are about to do a normal super move. I also think that the SFX sound much better than they did in SvC, in that they have a lot more bass and crunch to them.

Catalyst
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 16:13post reply

quote:
Asura looks fucking awesome. I can't wait to kick some ass with him.

Definately, I just hope he fairs in ngbc and isn't a total let down. Though, just like iori's new super,his moves quite bad ass indeed.I can't wait to try tung fu rue, I never had the chance to play the real bout games so this will probably be an experience for me.

Iggy
5946th Post

"Re(5):Nejibako update" , posted Fri 4 Mar 17:53post reply

I agree with the MvC2 comparison...
quote:
I find the old school references with Yuki and Ai kind of funny. It's just the damn videos don't show anything that impressive gameplay wise with him.

I was more thinking about the lazyness of the sprite : only one frame of attack, and the effects does the rest. Even SF2 was better, damnit!
Also, I'm sure Kisara was done by the same guy who draw Shiki, and as much I liked Shiki's neutral stance, this is not a good thing. But at least he got human proportions right.

beto
820th Post

"Re(6):Nejibako update" , posted Sat 5 Mar 00:05:post reply

quote:

Also, I'm sure Kisara was done by the same guy who draw Shiki, and as much I liked Shiki's neutral stance, this is not a good thing. But at least he got human proportions right.

Oh? You suddenly stopped liking Shiki´s sprite, now? Because when i said her proprtions were different from the other sprites in SVC (and complaining about her shading), you disagreed. What a jack ass.

[this message was edited by beto on Sat 5 Mar 00:09]

Iggy
5951th Post

"Re(7):Nejibako update" , posted Sat 5 Mar 00:50post reply

quote:
Oh? You suddenly stopped liking Shiki´s sprite, now? Because when i said her proprtions were different from the other sprites in SVC (and complaining about her shading), you disagreed. What a jack ass.

Actually, I like her proportions and her neutral pose, because it was all I remembered about her. The problem with her and Kisara is that, in order to give an impression of movement without having to draw many different frames, some of their moves have a weird... I don't know how to explain it.
You look at some of Shiki's normal moves. Sometimes, when she swings her swords, you only have one frame when the swords are replaced by a white curve, showing the trace of the weapon (which was so fast you couldn't see it, in a way). The problem is that it was supposed to feel fast but wasn't fast at all; but since they were swords and all, somehow, it could pass. What did not was when the same effect appeared on her legs. She has some moves composed of only one frame, with the trail of her leg standing there like an overgrown new member in a very unnatural way, and it just felt lazy and silly.
I don't see how to call this aborted remanence effect, but when I see it on Kisara's legs, I'm reminded how much I hated this on Shiki.

No, really, I don't like you and all, but I think on this case I was being sincere in both cases. Most of all, I don't think I called you anything when you said you didn't liked her sprite, and either way, I prefer not to answer to your despicable posts anyways.
I'm not liking or disliking Shiki's sprite as a whole. I liked her proportion, which was the precise point you were disliking, and I hated (actually, I forgot I did, then I was remembered how I hated) that stupid way of drawing movement, and seeing Kisara, the guy hasn't changed his technique at all.
It's just that particular technique I hate (I remember it appears also on that 63214 kick move of Chunli, either in SvC or 3rd strike ? I don't remember for sure).
Like Shiki, Kisara at least seems well proportioned (compared at least to Yuki, and also I have the feeling Robert's new sprite is odd).

Now, if the only kind of opinion you understand is being 100% with you or against you, then let me agree 100% with me being a jackass. The only problem being it's not news for anybody, but it's not like you were used to post anything interesting anyways.