Udon does Artwork for Darktalkers PSP - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4325 Views )

Sano
1442th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Udon does Artwork for Darktalkers PSP" , posted Sun 6 Feb 00:15:post reply

Since the US SF comic is not going to ship in April, Erik Ko of Studio Udon hinted they had another surprise for us, like when they took a month off before and created the CFE endings. Well, this time they are doing Darkstalkers PSP promotional art. So far 4 Drawings, one of Donovan and Anita, one of Demitri, one of Morrigan and a group pic. Check all the pages on the below link to see them all.

Udon Rules!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sun 6 Feb 00:29]

Replies:

Digitalboy
103th Post

Regular Customer

"What issue # is it on now?" , posted Sun 6 Feb 01:58:post reply

First Capcom Fighting Evolutions and now Darkstalkers Chronicles! Udon Studio loves us! But if it was really love they would still put out issue 14(?)...15(?)...whatever. But I am not complaining, I would like a regular monthly dose of Street Fighter (and whenever Rival Schools(!) comes out).

And hey, Sano, did you ever buy issue 2 of Darkstalkers? I decided not to. I love the artwork but not into the Darkstalkers world.

And hey, anyone, anybody play The Punisher game? I have seen the game in a demo and all I have to say is

EDIT: my English is bad.

[this message was edited by Digitalboy on Sun 6 Feb 02:06]

Sano
1442th Post

"Re(1):What issue # is it on now?" , posted Sun 6 Feb 04:40post reply

DS is up to number 3. The artwork is cool, but it mimics the Anime AKA Shuko Murase's style instead of Bengus' art and I find that strange, but I'm a huge Shuko Murase fan so that doesn't bug me. Issue 2 was about Donovan and Anita and how they met. Issue 3 was about how Gallon(Talbain) and Felicia met and decided to pal around. There's lots more character development in DS than SF since they have a lot less characters to deal with, so that's all good.

Pollyanna
815th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):What issue # is it on now?" , posted Sun 6 Feb 07:11post reply

I wish I liked Udon as much as everyone else, but I just can't possibly prefer them to some of Capcom's "regular" artists.

GekigangerV
1050th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):What issue # is it on now?" , posted Sun 6 Feb 08:30post reply

I am liking the begining of Darkstalkers more than the begining of Street Fighter. They are taking their time with DS and introducing the characters and starting from the begining of a story, unlike SF which started in the middle of a story. Although I don't play DS much I am really getting into this comic.

On the topic of official Capcom artists, Have any official Capcom artists other than Shinkiro done covers for this comics? I would like to get a Bengus to do a cover sometime.

Also, I think The Punisher game is awesome. I don't play that many shooting games anymore, but that game is fun. If only special interrogation were in color then this game would be perfect. It's on par with X-Men Legends as a comic based game.

Sano
1444th Post

"What the Hell is Bengus AKA CRMK doing now?" , posted Sun 6 Feb 13:02:post reply

quote:

On the topic of official Capcom artists, Have any official Capcom artists other than Shinkiro done covers for this comics? I would like to get a Bengus to do a cover sometime.

Nah, only Shinkiro.

Can anyone tell me what the Hell Bengus AKA CRMK has been doing for the last 4-5 years?

Edayan - Worked on Monster Hunter.

Kinu Nishimura - Worked on the Manga called 'Overking Gainer' (I may have written that wrong) with Akiman, AKA Akira Yasuda. With another female Capcom Artist Nishizawa Akiko she worked on a Japanese book called Faust that was mostly text but had some artwork recently.

Akiman, AKA Akira Yasuda - Before Overking Gainer, he provided character designs for 'Turn A Gundam.'

Bengus AKA CRMK - ??????????????????

EDIT: Udon's SF Panaramic Poster that has the entire SF2/SFZ cast is supposed to be in comic book stores on Wednesday and will retail at $14.99.

[this message was edited by Sano on Sun 6 Feb 13:07]

Juke Joint Jezebel
3305th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"garmigle" , posted Sun 6 Feb 13:43post reply

off topic, does anyone know of an online store (or something) where i can get the older Street Fighter comics? i checked the local comic shops and was directed to this

"The earth has become a grave of rotten sticks."

Hagen de Merak
865th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):garmigle" , posted Sun 6 Feb 14:37post reply

quote:
off topic, does anyone know of an online store (or something) where i can get the older Street Fighter comics? i checked the local comic shops and was directed to this

Juke Joint Jezebel
3306th Post

"Re(2):garmigle" , posted Sun 6 Feb 14:51post reply

quote:

it comes with some trading cards

Digitalboy
104th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):garmigle" , posted Sun 6 Feb 14:55:post reply

quote:

Mile High Comics

Midtown Comics

EDIT: I just checked out that link you provided...Holy COW!

[this message was edited by Digitalboy on Sun 6 Feb 14:56]

Juke Joint Jezebel
3307th Post

"Re(2):garmigle" , posted Sun 6 Feb 15:47post reply

quote:

Mile High Comics

Midtown Comics

thanks a lot! they don't have everything, but it's a start. i can probably lurk ebay for the next few months for the rest, or maybe get lucky with some other stores

Pollyanna
817th Post

"Re(1):What the Hell is Bengus AKA CRMK doing" , posted Sun 6 Feb 17:03post reply

quote:

Akiman, AKA Akira Yasuda - Before Overking Gainer, he provided character designs for 'Turn A Gundam.'

Akiman has also done a few short manga projects, (and Red Dead Revolver), but he mostly does freelance illustrations for various magazines/books/game companies.

Also, the series is "Overman King Gainer". Akiman did the mecha design (for King Gainer at least). The manga is done by Yoshihiro Nakamura. I guess Kinu did the character designs for the TV series?
It's a great series.

I'm just looking for an excuse to bring up Akiman, since I love him so much. King Gainer is super cool, too...and Turn A Gundam is my favorite anime.

Sano
1444th Post

"Re(2):What the Hell is Bengus AKA CRMK doing" , posted Sun 6 Feb 17:25post reply

I know Kinu did lots of still drawings for Overman King Gainer as was featured in a Newtype USA about 2 years ago. Perhaps the stills were for the Anime. I'm not certain. Have to look the Magazine up.

digitalboy
105th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):garmigle...for Juke Joint Jezebel" , posted Mon 7 Feb 00:10post reply

quote:

Mile High Comics

Midtown Comics

thanks a lot! they don't have everything, but it's a start. i can probably lurk ebay for the next few months for the rest, or maybe get lucky with some other stores

Here is one more link for you concerning the back issues for the Street Fighter Comics.

I have bought comics from this place before. I say that they are reliable until someone proves me wrong otherwise. The only gripe that I had was one back issue was out of stock. So I had to wait another week longer for my whole order to be shipped. They did send me an e-mail to apologize for the inconvenience.

vava
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):What the Hell is Bengus AKA CRMK doing " , posted Mon 7 Feb 00:55post reply

quote:

Can anyone tell me what the Hell Bengus AKA CRMK has been doing for the last 4-5 years?

i think he worked on resident oubreak....

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/residentevil/residentevil/reoutbreak/betaconc.htm

Sano
1445th Post

"Re(2):What the Hell is Bengus AKA CRMK doing" , posted Mon 7 Feb 01:14post reply

quote:

i think he worked on resident oubreak....

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/residentevil/residentevil/reoutbreak/betaconc.htm

Thanks! It does look like his drawing style. It's hard to tell sometimes since Capcom Artists are really good at imitating each other.

Sano
1447th Post

"Re(3):What the Hell is Bengus AKA CRMK doing" , posted Mon 7 Feb 01:34:post reply

Rechecked the Newtype USA Issue of January 2003. According to it, both Yoshiyuki Tomino(Gundam creator) and Kinu Nishimura worked on the Overman King Gainer Manga serialized in Newtype Magazine. In the article, Tomino is credited with being the 'Director' but it's not the Anime as Kinu points out "This is the first serial novel I've worked on, so they're careful with me." Not sure where Yoshihiro Nakumura fits, but it seems like another one of Sunrise's mixed bags where you get the Anime and Manga almost simoultaneously causing all of this confusion... EEEP! The article takes you step by step as Kinu does a drawing for the Manga.

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 7 Feb 01:48]

Sano
1448th Post

"Re(4):What the Hell is Bengus AKA CRMK doing" , posted Mon 7 Feb 01:55:post reply

quote:
Rechecked the Newtype USA Issue of January 2003. According to it, both Yoshiyuki Tomino(Gundam creator) and Kinu Nishimura worked on the Overman King Gainer Manga serialized in Newtype Magazine. In the article, Tomino is credited with being the 'Director' but it's not the Anime as Kinu points out "This is the first serial novel I've worked on, so they're careful with me." Not sure where Yoshihiro Nakumura fits, but it seems like another one of Sunrise's mixed bags where you get the Anime and Manga almost simoultaneously causing all of this confusion... EEEP! The article takes you step by step as Kinu does a drawing for the Manga.

Quicky Google search. Yoshiyuki Tomino and Kinu Nishimura also worked on the Overman King Gainer Anime, Kinu provided character designs. Still can't fit Yoshihiro Nakamura's role in all of this though.

EDIT: According to the Newtype Article Kinu also did a drawing for the CD Jacket for theme song of Overman King Gainer! They then refer to everything as the "Overman King Gainer project." Good ol' Sunrise giving you the Anime/Manga almost simoultaneously yet again.... I'm sure there were lots of people envolved in all of this.

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 7 Feb 02:09]

IkariDC
282th Post

Copper Customer

"JJJ: Off topic again" , posted Mon 7 Feb 03:11post reply

I just wanted to ask about your lovely signature art. I'd love to see that picture in a higher resolution, so if you feel like sharing it, or the link to the artist's site (a better choice) feel free to drop me a line there. Thanks in advance!

Ishmael
1817th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Udon does Artwork for Darktalkers PSP" , posted Mon 7 Feb 07:11post reply

New Darkstalkers art is always appreciated.

Pollyanna
818th Post

"Re(2):Udon does Artwork for Darktalkers PSP" , posted Mon 7 Feb 08:52post reply

This King Gainer situation is a mess. I have every volume of the manga that's been released and it's listed as Yoshiyuki Tomino and Yoshihiro Nakamura on each one. (as the writer and artist)
http://www.nippon-export.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8739

HOWEVER, I don't know that this was published in Newtype, as it's gone for 3 volumes and whatever manga was published in Newtype, I managed to miss entirely, so it was probably fairly short? So...perhaps there's 2 King Gainer manga? That seems very odd, though, because when I look it up on Amazon JP the manga I read was the only one I found. (unless the other, assuming there is one) hasn't been published in a volume. I've always seen Kinu listed as the character designer in the anime. I'll have to dig out an episode of it and check for 100% though.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3310th Post

"Re(4):garmigle...for Juke Joint Jezebel" , posted Mon 7 Feb 12:50post reply

quote:
Here is one more link for you concerning the back issues for the Street Fighter Comics.

wai!

quote:
I just wanted to ask about your lovely signature art. I'd love to see that picture in a higher resolution, so if you feel like sharing it, or the link to the artist's site (a better choice) feel free to drop me a line there. Thanks in advance!

i appreciate your interest in my gorgeous signature. the artist goes by the name of KAD (i think? it might be a group name, but i've looked around and didn't find any evidence towards that). the picture itself is from the cover of one of his older works

Another Girl Another Planet

naturally, here is his web site

KAD_online (oh, so not work safe)

Sano
1449th Post

"Re(3):Udon does Artwork for Darktalkers PSP" , posted Mon 7 Feb 13:31:post reply

quote:
This King Gainer situation is a mess. I have every volume of the manga that's been released and it's listed as Yoshiyuki Tomino and Yoshihiro Nakamura on each one. (as the writer and artist)
http://www.nippon-export.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8739

HOWEVER, I don't know that this was published in Newtype, as it's gone for 3 volumes and whatever manga was published in Newtype, I managed to miss entirely, so it was probably fairly short? So...perhaps there's 2 King Gainer manga? That seems very odd, though, because when I look it up on Amazon JP the manga I read was the only one I found. (unless the other, assuming there is one) hasn't been published in a volume. I've always seen Kinu listed as the character designer in the anime. I'll have to dig out an episode of it and check for 100% though.

Given the number of Sunrise's Gundam Wing Mangas, Cowboy Bebop Mangas and others from their Animes, it's totally believable for there to be two Mangas on the same subject. I find the entire ordeal confusing too...

The one Picture show in Newtype that Kinu did (the article takes you step by step on how she did the process) looks completly different from the art style of that pic you listed above in that Link. Give me a week or so, I'll work on posting the two newtype pages up to clear things up, or confuse us more...

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 7 Feb 13:40]

IkariDC
283th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):garmigle...for Juke Joint Jezebel" , posted Tue 8 Feb 05:10post reply

quote:

i appreciate your interest in my gorgeous signature. the artist goes by the name of KAD (i think? it might be a group name, but i've looked around and didn't find any evidence towards that). the picture itself is from the cover of one of his older works

Another Girl Another Planet

naturally, here is his web site

KAD_online (oh, so not work safe)

Thanks again, you can bet it's gorgeous! It's also a good thing you said it's not work safe. Well, I'm not allowed to use internet if it's not work related, but I sometimes get over the proxy settings for safely surfing the internet without leaving footsteps. Anyways I just check this board after having lunch, until we go outside for a while.

I'll tell you if I liked the art in that site, I'm kind of busy at the moment!

Digitalboy
107th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):garmigle...for Juke Joint Jezebel" , posted Tue 8 Feb 15:25post reply

quote:
wai!

Is that a good thing?

IkariDC
288th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):garmigle...for Juke Joint Jezebel" , posted Wed 9 Feb 05:54post reply

Hey JJJ, finally checked it out.

He obviously is good at it! He even gets international praise and all, but most of the stuff he draws is... well, I just like softer stuff, sexy poses, provocative clothes, you know.

For example, Falcoon usually draws naked women, in a way that's fine with me.

By the way, I'm looking for the ultimate artist, you know, most of these guys only draw hot chicks (I like chicks, so that's great for me), but I'm looking for an artist who draws boys and girls in the same basis.

This is an example

I'm just looking for something more awesome than that.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3320th Post

"Re(8):garmigle...for Juke Joint Jezebel" , posted Wed 9 Feb 14:05post reply

ahaha yes, this guy's perverse. i'm thinking of using him as inspiration for my next painting in one of my classes, but frankly i'm scared of a lawsuit or some other unexpected repercussion

by the way, that site you linked is definitely stylish! a lot of it reminds me of the stuff that KYMG does. i'll have to check out the rest of it when i have time

quote:
I'm just looking for something more awesome than that.

hmmm

style! (Miwa Shirow)

or

sex appeal! (Yonekura Kengo)

Miwa Shirow's the artist for Dogs (check it out if you have the time. it's really something beautiful). there's not much on his site, but what he does have is excellent

Yonekura Kengo's another manga artist. i don't remember how work safe her page is, but it's not as bad as KAD's. i hear she worked/works for Gainax. she's as horny as hell

but i'm pretty sure you'll like KYMG the best. his sense of style is exceptional

IkariDC
290th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(9):garmigle...for Juke Joint Jezebel" , posted Fri 11 Feb 05:06post reply

Man, I liked all of them!

KYMG: Stylish? Hell yeah! I like the web design and the art! Does he update the site often? I'll keep an eye on it!

Miwa Shirow: Really good stuff! But, I think you linked to that site before, cos I've already seen it. It's really a pity that there's so few drawings there, but what's there is really great.

I'm downloading "Dogs" right away!

Yonekura Kengo: Ha ha ha, great logo and great stuff! There's only a section for "non work safe" material (that's the kind of stuff that I like!). What I really like is that her style is a bit different in each section! She also draws on her memo section, so it seems she's pretty active on it! I'll keep an eye on this site too.

It seems that she drew one of the sheets that came with the limited edition of EVA Girlfriend of Steel 2nd. Those sheets are really awesome!

Many thanks for the links, I'll try to return the favor with some of my bookmarked links!