Capcom Preview - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2349 Views )

Ishmael
1814th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Capcom Preview" , posted Sat 5 Feb 03:42post reply

Beat Down, Gyakuten Saiban, and other stuff.

Also, Mega Man X and Capcom Classics Collections.

Replies:

Burning Ranger
1038th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Capcom Preview" , posted Sat 5 Feb 04:02post reply

quote:

Excellent! Now we can have some MMX goodness on the series (which, at least from X1-X4, was good!). It's probably unlikely that it will include X7, since that game totally blew (IMHO).

Memories of the X2 Intro Stage theme fill my mind now.

I wonder if the same group that did the first MM collection will be doing the X collection. They should try to fix the controll stiffness that was in MM7 (on the MM Collection disc).

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Sano
1439th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Capcom Preview" , posted Sat 5 Feb 04:18post reply

Good news. The only MM X game I never played was X3. (Aside from the new X game which I'll buy later on. I think I'll skip Command Mission.) It was back in my "can't buy every game" days.

CHAZumaru
45th Post

Rare Customer

"Gyakuten Saiban's US release" , posted Sat 5 Feb 05:26post reply

images

Quick ! Hide this topic from Iggy before he collapses. I guess they liked the brandy he offered them so much that they thought he'd be happy to get an international version avaiable.

Anyway, that's great news.

Cain Highwind
510th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Battle and Chase!" , posted Sat 5 Feb 05:51:post reply

quote:
More importantly, the trailer for the game showed off what we assume will be one of the unlockables in the game, Mega Man Battle and Chase. The PlayStation game that took assorted characters from the Mega Man universe and dropped them in a kart game was never released in the US.

YES!

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Sat 5 Feb 09:11]

IkariDC
279th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Battle and Chase!" , posted Sat 5 Feb 06:25post reply

Gyakuten Saiban in english!! But, it's a pity it's more or less a port of the third game. They should release the three games and not only the last one, as Iggy mentioned several times, you can only enjoy the third one after beating the first two.

By the way, weren't they fan-translating the third one?

A MMX compilation? Sweat. I own MMX3 to X7, but I will surely pick that up anyways. I haven't played MMX2, an MMX is probably my favourite. I once bought the PC port of MMX, it came in a nice box with a nice booklet, but the game didn't run properly on the PC I had, so I changed the game in the store for King's Quest VII. Now I regret that so much...

Battle & Chase is going to be an unlockable? That's a good thing, although I believe it's a poor game.

Sano, MMX3 is really great, with nice music and cutscenes, you'll enjoy it ;)

Haven't played Command Mission yet and I don't want to touch the PAL versions anymore, they're into a conspiracy of completly ruining the covers and the logos of each of the MegaMan games, and it just pisses me off (Ikari mode on).
I really want MMX8, its seems to be really great. MMX7 is an utter shit and I don't have the guts to play through it...

Iggy
5718th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Gyakuten Saiban's US release" , posted Sat 5 Feb 06:28:post reply

quote:
Hide this topic from Iggy before he collapses.

Too late !
quote:
images

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!

quote:
Maya Fey is an energetic young girl who helps Phoenix during his trials. She also happens to be learning to harness her psychic powers. Mia Fey is Phoenix's mentor, an ace attorney who taught Phoenix everything he knows and remains his mentor. Finally, Miles Edgeworth is Phoenix's rival (you knew there had to be one right?). Edgeworth is a slick prosecutor who's never lost a case. Of course, Miles is a touch obsessed with taking out criminals and will do anything to guarantee a guilty verdict.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

And besides, it's a port !? of the first one !?
AAAAaaaaaaaawait a minute.
Are they planning to port the first games. All of them ?
With the bigger NDS cardrige ?
MAREKA'S COMPLETE ANIMATION KITAAAAAAA !!!!

Either way, my good american friends, please don't buy this game, so that GSDS 2 stays in Japan and I can continue to adore its untouched beauty and innocence.
I know I can trust you on this.

EDIT : oh, yes, it's the first, not the third game. Either they misunderstood "a port of the three game", or they don't know what they're talking about.
Either way, Takushu, I'm.... worried.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 5 Feb 06:31]

Sano
1440th Post

"Re(2):Battle and Chase!" , posted Sat 5 Feb 06:33post reply

quote:
Battle & Chase is going to be an unlockable? That's a good thing, although I believe it's a poor game.

Sano, MMX3 is really great, with nice music and cutscenes, you'll enjoy it ;)

Thanks. I have Battle & Chase in Japanese, but my US PS1 rejected the "Action Replay insert a spring technique to play Japanese games" a lot, so I didn't get to play the game too much. Of what I played, it wasn't great, but it would be nice to play the game in English minus the hassles I went through.

IkariDC
280th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Gyakuten Saiban's US release" , posted Sat 5 Feb 06:35post reply

quote:

Either way, my good american friends, please don't buy this game, so that GSDS 2 stays in Japan and I can continue to adore its untouched beauty and innocence.
I know I can trust you on this.

EDIT : oh, yes, it's the first, not the third game. Either they misunderstood "a port of the three game", or they don't know what they're talking about.
Either way, Takushu, I'm.... worried.

Is it the first one? Great!! Since I'm not american, I'll get the game. You can bet your life on it!

Burning Ranger
1039th Post

"Re(1):Capcom Preview" , posted Sat 5 Feb 06:56post reply

I might want to play Gyakuten Saiban, but only if it has a Shatner cameo. Also, James Spader would need a cameo, where he'll be jumping through a ring of waterly light.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

vava
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Capcom Preview" , posted Sat 5 Feb 07:07post reply

I'm very happy with the collections...
but.... i'm worried about this
http://img11.exs.cx/img11/5562/poortakushu0oj.jpg

Iggy
5718th Post

"Re(2):Capcom Preview" , posted Sat 5 Feb 08:02post reply

quote:

Haha, where does it come from ?

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

vava
35th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Capcom Preview" , posted Sat 5 Feb 08:40post reply

quote:
Haha, where does it come from ?

i just found it on my HDD xD , i think is from some kind of (nationalist xD) awards .... can't remember

Fuchikoma
1207th Post

"Re(4):Capcom Preview" , posted Sat 5 Feb 16:39post reply

So the Capcom collection is going to have some titles that were previously never ported to a console... that peaks my interest. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Warzard.

Hagen de Merak
864th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Capcom Preview" , posted Sat 5 Feb 17:37post reply

quote:

fuck yeah. now theres the possibility that i will finally own X2 and X3 without having to pay $50 + dollars for the SNES carts.

Iggy
5725th Post

"Re(5):Capcom Preview" , posted Sat 5 Feb 18:27:post reply

quote:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Warzard.

!
If only you could be right !

EDIT : both Namaenonai and Quiter think the port of Gyakuten Saiban 1 WON'T be the GSDS that has been announced for Japan.
I think they say so without any proof beside "it would be very silly to remake a game that was released 2 years ago, especially since the NDS is able to play GBA games". But they may be underestimating the evilness of the dark bosses of Capcom.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 5 Feb 18:46]

Pollyanna
813th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(6):Capcom Preview" , posted Sat 5 Feb 19:26post reply

There doesn't appear to be anything "remade" on GS anyway, unless they add another case, which would be silly, or at the very least, unecessary. So now you can maybe...choose the evidence with the pointer?

Anyway, I love that they Americanized the character's names in Gyakuten Saiban, but they're still calling it "Gyakuten Saiban." I'm ESPECIALLY hurting for Mitsurugi on the name changes, though. "Miles" is just...not cool, though I guess "Edgeworth" kinda works.

I really shouldn't complain, though. I'M not going to play it.

DarkZero
1077th Post

"Re(6):Capcom Preview" , posted Sun 6 Feb 12:48post reply

quote:

EDIT : both Namaenonai and Quiter think the port of Gyakuten Saiban 1 WON'T be the GSDS that has been announced for Japan.
I think they say so without any proof beside "it would be very silly to remake a game that was released 2 years ago, especially since the NDS is able to play GBA games". But they may be underestimating the evilness of the dark bosses of Capcom.

Of course it will be the Gyakuten Saiban DS that was announced in Japan. Gyakuten Saiban DS has some DS-only features (it will probably be more than just the touch screen) and it includes at least one new "chapter", as GameSpot calls it. They'll release it in the United States and then release it in Japan as "Gyakuten Saiban International", "Gyakuten Saiban Final Mix", or "Super Gyakuten Saiban Turbo II".

quote:
I might want to play Gyakuten Saiban, but only if it has a Shatner cameo. Also, James Spader would need a cameo, where he'll be jumping through a ring of waterly light.

That is seriously the most fucked up best show on TV right now. I don't think I've laughed that hard at an American TV show in years. For once, I actually feel sorry for the people in other countries that don't get to see something that's on our airwaves, instead of the other way around.

Iggy
5731th Post

"Re(7):Capcom Preview" , posted Sun 6 Feb 17:50:post reply

quote:
Of course it will be the Gyakuten Saiban DS that was announced in Japan. Gyakuten Saiban DS has some DS-only features (it will probably be more than just the touch screen) and it includes at least one new "chapter", as GameSpot calls it. They'll release it in the United States and then release it in Japan as "Gyakuten Saiban International", "Gyakuten Saiban Final Mix", or "Super Gyakuten Saiban Turbo II".

I know how Capcom can be at times, but... The game is only 3 years old, it already had a "the best - low price" reedition, it has already be ported to I mode perfectly, and it can already play on NDS since it is GBA compatible...
What can they expect ? Do they plan to sell it 1000 yen or what ?
Beside, the way it uses the touch screen is stupid. Since we have a whole new screen, you would have thought they added a menu where you would see all the items and characters, then pick the one you want. But no, you still have to cycle through each of them, even when you have 30 different things. BOUUUUUUUUUUUUH.
Yeah, I know, wishful thinking.

"Capcom, IGIARI !" is going to be the most tired joke before long. Way to screw a franchise.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sun 6 Feb 18:35]