SNK vs Capcom Comic In US Stores this week - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4416 Views )

Sano
1423th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this week" , posted Sun 30 Jan 13:56:post reply

Sorry if this is old news, but I just checked the comics that are coming out this week and was surprised to see SNK vs Capcom Vol. 1 SVC Chaos TP as one of the books. From what it looked like in the past, Capcom had issues with this Hong Kong comic coming out in the US, and Comicsone was going to release a KOF Hong Kong Comic instead. But it seems that everything is squared away and SVC Chaos is coming out here in English. It will retail at $13.95 as a trade paperback, meaning it should collect various issues of the comic.

Well, mixed feelings about this. The series has pluses and minuses, and the minuses do outweigh the pluses without giving anything away. On the other hand, this will be the first time we get to read many of our favorite KOF characters since they've never been in a comic book in English here, so I will strongly support the book in hopes of giving people the idea that KOF related merchandise is bankable. I mean for SF we have tons of stuff outside of games. For KOF we have nothing except for horribly made toys outside of the games. So I'll be buying.

Oh, and Darkstalkers Issue 3 comes out Wednesday too. And New Avengers #3... well, I just mention New Avengers because A) It rules and B) The new Avengers roster that they are heading towards will have 4 MVC2 characters, Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine!!! The other 3 are Sentry, Spider-Woman and Luke Cage. Anyway, 2D FOREVER!!!!!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sun 30 Jan 14:35]

Replies:

Magus Darkstar
240th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Sun 30 Jan 14:39post reply

quote:
Sorry if this is old news, but I just checked the comics that are coming out this week and was surprised to see SNK vs Capcom Vol. 1 SVC Chaos TP as one of the books. From what it looked like in the past, Capcom had issues with this Hong Kong comic coming out in the US, and Comicsone was going to release a KOF Hong Kong Comic instead. But it seems that everything is squared away and SVC Chaos is coming out here in English. It will retail at $13.95 as a trade paperback, meaning it should collect various issues of the comic.

Well, mixed feelings about this. The series has pluses and minuses, and the minuses do outweigh the pluses without giving anything away. On the other hand, this will be the first time we get to read many of our favorite KOF characters since they've never been in a comic book in English here, so I will strongly support the book in hopes of giving people the idea that KOF related merchandise is bankable. I mean for SF we have tons of stuff outside of games. For KOF we have nothing except for horribly made toys outside of the games. So I'll be buying.

Oh, and Darkstalkers Issue 3 comes out Wednesday too. And New Avengers #3... well, I just mention New Avengers because A) It rules and B) The new Avengers roster that they are heading towards will have 4 MVC2 characters, Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine!!! The other 3 are Sentry, Spider-Woman and Luke Cage. Anyway, 2D FOREVER!!!!!

I'll defnitely be picking this up, if just for curiosity's sake.

And Darkstalkers. And New Avengers. Because New Avengers rocks.

| Darkstar Okonomiyaki | Mitsuketa! Japanese Lyrics |

Hagen de Merak
862th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Sun 30 Jan 14:56post reply

any word on when the rival schools comic comes out?

Sano
1429th Post

"Re(2):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Sun 30 Jan 22:07:post reply

quote:
any word on when the rival schools comic comes out?

At first Erik Ko was reluctant on Rival Schools because after Darkstalkers issue one sold out, the pre orders for issue 2 were extremely low, and comic book companies usually base everything on pre orders. But to his surprise, Darkstalkes issue 2 sold out! So if they can keep the momentum up, looks like Rival Schools is a go. As for when the book will come out, I'm not exactly sure. I think I remember spring but I'm not certain, it seems tentative.

Oh, and Street Fighter sells enough to continue. It's usually around 80 something in the top selling 100 books of every month. If it slips to number 100 though it will have troubles, but for now everything's cool.

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 31 Jan 05:38]

Evenor
126th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Mon 31 Jan 01:00post reply

What ever happend to that King of Fighters comic that was suppose to come out last November?

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Sano
1427th Post

"Re(4):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Mon 31 Jan 01:04:post reply

quote:
What ever happend to that King of Fighters comic that was suppose to come out last November?

Don't know. Looks like they are going with the SNK vs Capcom comic first. Hopefully they'll still bring the KOF book out. I'll take any KOF English Comic I can get.

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 31 Jan 01:05]

Sano
1428th Post

"Re(5):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Mon 31 Jan 01:19:post reply

KOF 2003 is still on Comicsone's website with the same release date as November 2004. Which of course didn't happen but it's better than the book being removed from the website all together.

Rival Schools is on Capcomcomics' website saying it's 'Coming Soon!!'

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 31 Jan 01:22]

Shin Ramberk
84th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Mon 31 Jan 04:17post reply

quote:
KOF 2003 is still on Comicsone's website with the same release date as November 2004. Which of course didn't happen but it's better than the book being removed from the website all together.

Rival Schools is on Capcomcomics' website saying it's 'Coming Soon!!'

Thank you for the news on SvC and DS and RS Sano. I didn't think SvC would ever come out, but I'm glad it is. I hope Comicsone continues publishing more foreign KOF and SF material. Maybe they can translate Ryu Final over here!

But KOF 2003 is still coming, albeit, in 2005. This months Previews magazine has the graphic novel up for pre-order. I guess Comicsone is cancelling previous pre-orders and starting out fresh. Regardless, it just means that its going to come out (eventually).

Here's hoping Udon and Comicsone keep bringing out SF/KOF material and that people keep buying it. Now if only could translate some of the better SF manga and the Gamest guides--- life would be PERFECT.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Sano
1429th Post

"Re(7):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Mon 31 Jan 05:31:post reply

quote:

Thank you for the news on SvC and DS and RS Sano. I didn't think SvC would ever come out, but I'm glad it is. I hope Comicsone continues publishing more foreign KOF and SF material. Maybe they can translate Ryu Final over here!

But KOF 2003 is still coming, albeit, in 2005. This months Previews magazine has the graphic novel up for pre-order. I guess Comicsone is cancelling previous pre-orders and starting out fresh. Regardless, it just means that its going to come out (eventually).

Your welcome. I was a bit shocked to see SVC Chaos on the list of books this week since all evidence pointed to the project being canned and now it's creeped back sort of quietly.

So if KOF 2003 is in Previews now, that means it's roughly about 2 or three months away correct? Anyway, good to hear, thanks!

Some time ago over at snk-capcom.com, Erik Ko asked who wanted to see Udon do a KOF Comic. Moderator Eight-one took it upon himself to create a poll. They only got... about 100 yes votes, oooh... (I voted yes of course.) But I think Udon has their hands full with the three Capcom books right now. At least we'll get Hong Kong KOF and SVC comics for the time being.

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 31 Jan 05:39]

HAYATO
254th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Tue 1 Feb 01:21post reply

For those willing to take a look at Andy Seto's KOF work I'd suggest taking a look at this Wallpaper page...

Evenor
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Tue 1 Feb 07:00post reply

quote:
For those willing to take a look at Andy Seto's KOF work I'd suggest taking a look at this Wallpaper page...

Is Andy Seto the guy who made those ugly covers for the DC KOF 2001 and 2002?

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

HAYATO
256th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(10):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this " , posted Tue 1 Feb 18:18post reply

quote:

Oh, wel, I can't help you up with that, as I haven't seen those covers...I know he's the artist behind "Cyber Weapon Z", "KOF Zillion", "Kof 2000", "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "4 Constables", amongst hundreds of other chinese comics. He also drew a Street Fighter comic side story recently (the one about Gen and Chun-Li training in the woods).

aderack
114th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this" , posted Thu 3 Feb 10:29post reply

quote:

That's the guy.

EricJonRösselWaugh
YOU CANNOT STOP ME WITH JUST A PARAMECIUM!

Sano
1433th Post

"SVC Comic, New Avengers 3 & DS 3 out today" , posted Thu 3 Feb 11:27:post reply

I got the SVC Chaos comic, the story's a lot better than I thought it was now being abale to read it. There's some cool stuff, there's some silly stuff, but I recommend the book. If you want spoilers if you can't get the book now or just want to read up on what happens to make your decision, I went into detail on this Link.

Link

[this message was edited by Sano on Thu 3 Feb 11:33]

Sano
1433th Post

"Re(1):SVC Comic, New Avengers 3 & DS 3 out to" , posted Thu 3 Feb 11:36post reply

Spoilers on Avengers # 3 and DS # 3.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Darkstalkers was a nice change of pace, Felicia befriending Gallon (Talbain.) Wonder why all Anime, Mangas and Hong Kong Comics pair thos two up when the games never do. Must be the whole cat and dog thing.

In New Avengers, Spidey's identity is not out due to him looking like an average joe. Well, worked in the second movie, LOL! It was avery solid forming of the team issue. Eveyone is in place except for Sentry and Wolverine.

End of Spoiler

E5150
66th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Thu 3 Feb 21:57post reply

quote:

Oh, and Street Fighter sells enough to continue. It's usually around 80 something in the top selling 100 books of every month. If it slips to number 100 though it will have troubles, but for now everything's cool.

No wonder... It started out really good, but the latest issues has only been Cammy-fan-mag

Hate Cammy!

Sano
1434th Post

"Uncanny X-Men Spoiler" , posted Thu 3 Feb 23:58post reply

Uncanny X-Men -

Psylocke is back from the dead! While I usually say bringing back dead people is stupid, I'm a big Psylocke fan who they should of NEVER killed in the first place so I'll look the other way... I'm not proud...

End of Spoiler

E5150
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Uncanny X-Men Spoiler" , posted Fri 4 Feb 00:45post reply

quote:
Uncanny X-Men -

Its gotten rediculous. First...

Colossus, then Phoenix, then Psylocke.
And the X-man Wolverine is gonna kill soon in his book is going to be resurrected the next issue.

End of Spoiler

And that's just the last few months

Ishmael
1810th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):SVC Comic, New Avengers 3 & DS 3 out to" , posted Fri 4 Feb 01:37post reply

The SvC comic was actually released? Everything I've read about it makes it sound like nothing that I would like but I still have this sick compulsion to look at it anyway. If I trek out to a comic store this weekend I'll at least have the new DS comic to look forward to picking up as well. But did the licensing hassles get sorted out so the translated SvC could get published? Or did the publisher decide that since they announced the comic before they had permission that they might as well publish it without bothering with trademarks, copyrights or other bits of paperwork?

Sano
1435th Post

"Re(2):SVC Comic, New Avengers 3 & DS 3 out to" , posted Fri 4 Feb 02:27post reply

quote:
The SvC comic was actually released? Everything I've read about it makes it sound like nothing that I would like but I still have this sick compulsion to look at it anyway. If I trek out to a comic store this weekend I'll at least have the new DS comic to look forward to picking up as well. But did the licensing hassles get sorted out so the translated SvC could get published? Or did the publisher decide that since they announced the comic before they had permission that they might as well publish it without bothering with trademarks, copyrights or other bits of paperwork?

Capcom's copyright info is in the book so they must of sorted out the legalities.

In other news, also checked out Frank Cho, one of my favorite artists of Liberty Meadows new comic adaptation of Shanna the She-Devil. I recommend it. There's some nice... use of perspective...

Burning Ranger
1037th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):SVC Comic, New Avengers 3 & DS 3 out to" , posted Fri 4 Feb 08:23post reply

Wait... Darkstalkers #3 is out? Diamond Comics had it listed as UDON Darkstalkers. Damn, slipped under my radar!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Ishmael
1818th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):SVC Comic, New Avengers 3 & DS 3 out to" , posted Mon 7 Feb 07:20post reply

Since I picked up both SvC and DS I ended up with two different comics that featured Demitri. I can honestly say that's the only time I've ever come across that many Demitri-centric comics published in one week. But even with all the fighting vampire comics out on the market this week the big news was that Grimjack is back. It's heartwarming to see one of comic's toughest tough guys back doing his thing.

DarkZero
1079th Post

"Re(2):Uncanny X-Men Spoiler" , posted Mon 7 Feb 07:48post reply

quote:
Uncanny X-Men -

Its gotten rediculous. First...
And that's just the last few months

Y'know, instead of having a bunch of ridiculous "X character comes back to life" stories over the course of several months, I wish Marvel had just planned an event and brought them back that way. Like the world gets screwed up, the Age of Apocalypse comes back, and then somewhere in the aftermath, a bunch of dead characters are alive again in the "new" reality. I don't mind big, huge retcons like Crisis On Infinite Earths or Age of Apocalypse, but the parade of little retcons is damned annoying.

Speaking of that though, did anyone else read the latest issue of Exiles?

The whole "banished to the Age of Apocalypse" thing came up REALLY quick. Like, in the space of two pages. And it didn't make a whole lot of sense. Hopefully that will get better in the next few issues...

End of Spoiler

Iggy
5732th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Uncanny X-Men Spoiler" , posted Mon 7 Feb 08:01post reply

Question : how could they resurected Colossus with the way he died and was cremated and such?

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

ONSLAUGHT
3244th Post

"Well..." , posted Mon 7 Feb 08:03post reply

quote:
Question : how could they resurected Colossus with the way he died and was cremated and such?

They used the power of Bullshit to attain the desired effect, in this case, being the Colossus resurrection...

Iggy
5734th Post

"Re(1):Well..." , posted Mon 7 Feb 08:05post reply

quote:
They used the power of Bullshit to attain the desired effect, in this case, being the Colossus resurrection...

Oh.
Is it the power of Bullshit in a mundane acception of the word, or is it Bullshit even - with - the - comic - books - more - Bullshit - friendly - standards ?

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

ONSLAUGHT
3246th Post

"Re(2):Well..." , posted Mon 7 Feb 08:11:post reply

quote:

Oh.
Is it the power of Bullshit in a mundane acception of the word, or is it Bullshit even - with - the - comic - books - more - Bullshit - friendly - standards ?

I don't know, but bullshit is bullshit, no matter how you name it.

[this message was edited by ONSLAUGHT on Mon 7 Feb 08:12]

Iron D
2598th Post

"Re(3):Well..." , posted Mon 7 Feb 10:10post reply

quote:

Oh.

Well, at least it made a good story, right? I picked up the "Gifted" Astonishing TPB a little over a week ago. Really good stuff.

Zelkin. Pimped.

DarkZero
1081th Post

"Re(4):Well..." , posted Mon 7 Feb 10:44post reply

quote:

Oh.

Well, at least it made a good story, right? I picked up the "Gifted" Astonishing TPB a little over a week ago. Really good stuff.

I just picked up the "Gifted" TPB among lots of other comics this week. I guess I'll say how it happens once I read it.

I also got the "40 Years of Amazing Spider-Man" CD set at work. Even at full price, it's worth it. Every single issue of Amazing Spider-Man from #1 to December 2003, including the Spider-Man issue of Amazing Fantasy, in crisp, clean (though somewhat unwieldy) PDF format for $40. I think I read 14 Spider-Man comics last night. It could be better, because the story definitely suffers when you can't read "Spectacular Spider-Man" or "Web of Spider-Man" alongside the issues of Amazing, but it's still great.

Sano
1450th Post

"Pure unadulterated Joss Whedon Hate. GRRR!!!" , posted Mon 7 Feb 14:02:post reply

Colossus survived because the body that 'died' was found, cured, and switched with a copy when no one was looking. The copy got cremated. The story was terrible. Darn Joss Whedon, first he ruins both of his shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel by messing up all of my favorite characters, dead Wesley, dead Cordelia, and one eye girlfriendless Xander and now this. Just so, what? He can rehash the Kitty Pride/Colossus romance that was over about twenty years ago? As Claremont said long ago, Colossus hurt Kitty Pride long ago by cheating on her. As her first love, she can't ever forgive that. Doesn't look like Joss cares so he could relive the eighties. I wish he'd just buy Thriller Album and leave my X-Men alone.

Colossus's death was important, he died to find a cure for the legacy virus to save all Mutant Kind. If you bring him back to life it cheapens what he did. There was another person in Uncanny X-Men who appeared briefly, was American and had Colossus's same exact powers and was even called a Colossus. They could of easily used that guy intead of bringing back Piotr Rasputin. Oh, who am I kidding. It's not like Joss read anything other than Morrison's hot and cold run.

Yeah, Marvel should either stop killing people or stop bringing them back. It's gotten to a point where death means nothing in Marvel. If people want more of these dead characters, go look up back issues. I better never see Clint as Hawkeye alive again, since for crying out loud anyone can pick up a bow and arrow and become Hawkeye II.

I give DC all the props in the world for keeping Jason Todd dead. However, if someone finds Jason Todd's corpse after the Hush storyline and decides to bring him back to life...

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 7 Feb 14:59]

E5150
69th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Pure unadulterated Joss Whedon Hate. GR" , posted Mon 7 Feb 16:14post reply

And hawkeye is...

*rumor* supposedly back as the new Swordsman in New TBolts

End of Spoiler

DarkZero
1082th Post

"Re(1):Pure unadulterated Joss Whedon Hate. GR" , posted Mon 7 Feb 16:47post reply

quote:

I give DC all the props in the world for keeping Jason Todd dead. However, if someone finds Jason Todd's corpse after the Hush storyline and decides to bring him back to life...

What's amazing is that Marvel wastes so many pages finding "creative" ways to bring characters back from the dead, while DC created a decent, logical (for a superhero comic) way of bringing back the dead, but doesn't use it. Any character could just be tossed in the Lazarus Pit and brought back, but the characters who had the really big deaths, like Jason Todd, aren't.

And I'm surprised that they would use a crappy plot device like "they switched the body" when they could've just used a slightly different Colossus from another universe. If Nocturne can land in the normal Marvel Universe, why not anyone else?

I guess this is why I'm mostly just reading Marvel back issues and new "alternate universe" titles. I don't think I've seen a new Marvel story that looked cool in quite awhile.

Iggy
5736th Post

"Re(1):Pure unadulterated Joss Whedon Hate. GR" , posted Mon 7 Feb 17:49post reply

quote:
Colossus survived because the body that 'died' was found, cured, and switched with a copy when no one was looking. The copy got cremated. The story was terrible.

Ahahahaha, thanks !
So, Joss is doing Marvel scenarios, now ? That's a surprise...

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

E5150
70th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Pure unadulterated Joss Whedon Hate. GR" , posted Mon 7 Feb 18:08post reply

quote:

I guess this is why I'm mostly just reading Marvel back issues and new "alternate universe" titles. I don't think I've seen a new Marvel story that looked cool in quite awhile.

Runaways was good, looking forward to Runaways v.2

Gojira
1621th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Mon 7 Feb 19:04post reply

Well, Bucky is still dead... I think... isn't he? And the one dude that imitated the Professor or something and everyone thought the Professor died but it wasn't him

I don't know, I never read comics anyway but if you know what I'm talking about then you're grrreat! or a complete dork!

Is Gwen Stacy still dead? Or was that changed?

Off with your nose

Sano
1450th Post

"Re(2):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Mon 7 Feb 23:40post reply

Gwen Stacy is still dead. There's a clone of her still alive after the clone saga but don't expect anyone to reference the clone saga ever again because everyone hates the clone saga.

It was revealed that Green Goblin had sex with Gwen Stacy before she died and had two kids, who are Mutants and aged too fast, (Because of Norman Osborne/Green Goblin being the daddy) boy and girl twins. The kids inherited their daddy's super strength but are also extremly intelligient. So right now the girl due to her aging so incredibly fast looks exactly like Gwen Stacy. This story's actually not so bad, - sounds stupid when I write it down but it's written really well and better explains why GG killed Gwen, why he faked his death and dissapeared so that he could raise the kids to hate Spidey, and so on - ANYTHING other than bringing Gwen back from the grave.

As for the Hawkeye *spoiler* if it turns out true all I can say is @#$%#%!!!!!

DarkZero
1087th Post

"Re(3):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Tue 8 Feb 00:32post reply

Okay, since Sano is actually reading the Spider-Man books right now, unlike everyone else I know:

Did you read the Venom & Carnage limited series? Toxin, the new symbiote, seems like a really interesting character, but he could just be "good on paper" and "poorly written in reality". He's getting his own limited series, which seems like a good thing, but he could just be the umpteenth symbiote to appear and then get dragged off into the "that story sucked, let's forget about it" void.

Sano
1452th Post

"Re(4):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Tue 8 Feb 02:22:post reply

quote:
Okay, since Sano is actually reading the Spider-Man books right now, unlike everyone else I know:

Did you read the Venom & Carnage limited series? Toxin, the new symbiote, seems like a really interesting character, but he could just be "good on paper" and "poorly written in reality". He's getting his own limited series, which seems like a good thing, but he could just be the umpteenth symbiote to appear and then get dragged off into the "that story sucked, let's forget about it" void.

I'm not sure about Venom & Carnage. The Marvel Encyclopedias never mention it AFAIK. The book contains glaring contradictions even beyond Marvel's usual screw ups. I'm not sure if it fits other than being attempt to get new fans to get into Venom & Carnage. Big big big contradictions -

1. The symbiotes do not care if they have children and do not care about preserving the species the way Venom was acting, that's why it didn't give a crap or tell Eddie when it birthed the Carnage symbiote. The only exception was when the suit merged with it's clone, since that kid was supposed to be like the Antichrist and wipe everybody out. That child was lost when Spidey tricked the symbiote into recombining with Venom.

2. The numbering is way off. Venom tells Carnage something like "I'm number 98, you're number 99, your kid is number 100" or soemthing along those lines. That's beyond wrong since there was a time symbiotes were all over the place, not to mention Eddie Brock's wife held her own suit for a time.

3. Black Cat says she doesn't know who Venom and Carnage are. Not only did she meet Venom way before Carnage even existed, she also met Carnage in, oh, I don't know, IN A HUGE STORYLINE CALLED MAXIMUM CARNAGE!

So unless Marvel addresses one, two and three or puts the new symbiote in a regular Spidey book or mentions anything of that series in a Marvel Encyclopedia book, right now I think it's outside. Admittingly Marvel's beeen really bad with continuity so it wouldn't shock me if they embraced the new symbiote. I stopped reading Venom & Carnage after issue 2, two many loopholes.

Current status of Venom and Carnage -

Venom gave up the symbiote and slit his wrists. His condition is critical.

Sentry flew Carnage up into space and ripped him in half! I hope that's the last of Carnage.

End of Spoiler

Marvel's currently dead. Most are from Marvel Encyclopedia's book of the dead. I added some to the list since it's not all iclusive. An asterisk on anyone I added.

Ancient-One
Ant-Man (Lang)
*Apocalypse - Sort of. He merged with Cyclops, Cyclops is dominant. So until someone explores an evil Cyclops, Apoc is dead.
Baron (Heinrich) Zemo
Ulysses Bloodstone
Bucky
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
Changeling
*Doctor Doom - Doom is like Magneto and Joker. No matter how many times the writers swear "This is for real! He's dead!" They always come back.
Graydon Creed
Fabian Cortez
Cypher - His corpse combined with Warlock though.
Destiny (Adler)
Destiny (Destine)
Dorma
Effigy
Gilgamesh
Hawkeye
Kraven the Hunter
Moira Mactaggart
Maggot
Magik (Rasputin)
Microchip
Mockingbird
Nova (Raye)
Odin
Omega the Unknown
Harry Osborne
Ben Parker AKA Uncle Ben
*Ben Reily, the Spider-Man clone
Pyro
Skin
Captain George Stacy
Gwen Stacy
Swordsman
Synch
Thor - Sort of. The Thor we know died. Some punk kid found some ancient relics (I assume he found Mjolnir, this is from a friend who's a Thor fiend) and is now Thor. All of the Norse Gods are dead waiting to be reborn except for Enchantress who I THIIIINK managed to survive everyone dying, long story short something like Ragnorok happened. Beta Ray Bill is still alive.
Thunderbird (Proudstar)
Thunderstrike
U-Go Girl
Vision
Whiplash/Backlash
X-Man
Yellowjacket (DeMara)

MASSIVE X-STATIX SPOILER! If you have any intention of reading X-Statix stop reading this post!

Every single X-Statix member is dead! Now that's how you end a series! I better never see anyone from that book again, one of my favorite X-Men series'.

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 8 Feb 02:27]

Sano
1453th Post

"Re(5):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Tue 8 Feb 02:32:post reply

Toxin is missing from this listing, much like Ultimates and out of continuity characters. However, the listing doesn't include everybody and newbies like X-23 are missing so... for now I myself think it's outside. Could be wrong though.

Link

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 8 Feb 02:34]

Iron D
2599th Post

"Re(6):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Tue 8 Feb 04:23post reply

Wait a minute. I don't see Jean Grey/Marvel Girl/Phoenix/whatever you wanna call her on there. Is it confirmed that she's coming back (possibly in Phoenix: End Song)?

Zelkin. Pimped.

Sano
1454th Post

"Re(7):SNK vs Capcom Comic in US Stores this w" , posted Tue 8 Feb 04:42post reply

quote:
Wait a minute. I don't see Jean Grey/Marvel Girl/Phoenix/whatever you wanna call her on there. Is it confirmed that she's coming back (possibly in Phoenix: End Song)?

End Song is up to Issue 2. Jean came back in that series. The Phoenix force came from Outer Space and resurrected her corpse.