Question for anime fans 30 yrs and up - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2392 Views )

sushi_bunny
354th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"What was your favorite anime in High School?" , posted Fri 28 Jan 16:27:post reply

What was your favorite anime or manga that you liked in high school or just before high school?

My favorite one that was fan subtitled after Robotech came out was Project A-Ko (yuji moriyama with key animation), then BGC (Artmic, Studio Gainax), then I read the Appleseed Manga, the Area 88 Manga, Mai the Psychic Girl, and that's about it so far until I was heavily into it when I was a junior in High School.

sushi

[this message was edited by sushi_bunny on Sat 29 Jan 00:28]

Replies:

Juke Joint Jezebel
3300th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Question for anime fans 30 yrs and up" , posted Fri 28 Jan 16:37post reply

quote:
What was your favorite anime or manga that you liked in high school or just before high school?

My favorite one that was fan subtitled after Robotech came out was Project A-Ko (yuji moriyama with key animation), then BGC (Artmic, Studio Gainax), then I read the Appleseed Manga, the Area 88 Manga, Mai the Psychic Girl, and that's about it so far until I was heavily into it when I was a junior in High School.

sushi

i was into dbz

"The earth has become a grave of rotten sticks."

CrazyMax
401th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Question for anime fans 30 yrs and up" , posted Fri 28 Jan 17:46post reply

quote:

sushi

At the time Battle of the Planets & Star Blazers. But earlier when I grew up in HI, I got to watch reruns of Speed Racer, Astro Boy, & Gigantor, but as their original names since it was actually from a Japanese station that our second tv picked up. I also watched some Samurai or ninja anime that I never learned the name of but loved. My all time favorite though was Cyborg 009 that I saw from that Japanese station, then caught every now & then through the years translated on US tv.

Lupin
2884th Post

"Re(1):Question for anime fans 30 yrs and up" , posted Fri 28 Jan 18:57post reply

quote:

sushi

I'm not 30 & up years like JJJ, who is 41, can I still answer?

sushi_bunny
353th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Question for anime fans 30 yrs and up" , posted Fri 28 Jan 23:47post reply

I'm not 30 & up years like JJJ, who is 41, can I still answer?

Yeah, sure i think i should change it to what was your favorite anime in high school?

sushi

Time Mage
2042th Post

"Re(1):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 00:33post reply

DBZ, Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Slayers, etc.

Joe Randel
370th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 00:35post reply

I'm not 30 yet ether, but I'm close. My favorite was Ghost in the Shell. Pretty typical eh? Before that it was Wings of Honneamise. Gee, now that I think of it... I haven't watched that in a long while...

Just after high school I took a fancy to this one about two boys (who where cats) that where riding on a train. It was pretty sureal but I don't remember much more then that (well I remember the end but I won't spoil it for people). I liked that one very much as well.

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Phoenix
697th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 02:34post reply

Ranma 1/2, Lodoss War, Fatal Fury, AMG! etc.

Grahf
330th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 03:22:post reply

Tenchi Muyo! popped my anime cherry.

EDIT: Allow me to elaborate. Tenchi wasn't the first time I was exposed to anime. That'd probably be Transformers, Voltron, Thundercats, etc. back in elementary school. But since the topic was originally about what we watched in high school, Tenci Muyo! would definitely be the series that "got me hooked", so to speak, at that time.

[this message was edited by Grahf on Sat 29 Jan 07:04]

threesixtee
840th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Question for anime fans 30 yrs and up" , posted Sat 29 Jan 03:24post reply

quote:

i was into dbz

me too. that was the only thing that wasn't licensed that I used to watch raws of back in the day, since this was before the internet and such. I was big into evangelion in high school too, I remember because I was the same age as the pilots on the show. then all the other comedy stuff that was coming out stateside like slayers, ranma, nukunuku, etc.

Hungrywolf
2991th Post

"Re(3):Question for anime fans 30 yrs and up" , posted Sat 29 Jan 05:10post reply

I was a big fan of Record of Lodoss War. I don't think I got into Kenshin until college, but I WAS aware of it.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Maou
468th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 05:33post reply

quote:
Just after high school I took a fancy to this one about two boys (who where cats) that where riding on a train.

This sounds like the movie Night of the Galactic Railroad, with some relation to a Japanese novle, if I remember right...Miyazawa Kenji, perhaps? It's been a while.

I'm on the younger bracket I guess, but I enjoyed the Japanese Sailor Moon quite a bit in high school, along with Tenkuu no Escaflowne and Kenshin. And especially (though a little behind the times), Kimagure Orange Road.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Joe Randel
372th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 06:15post reply

quote:
This sounds like the movie Night of the Galactic Railroad, with some relation to a Japanese novle, if I remember right...Miyazawa Kenji, perhaps? It's been a while.

That's it! ^_^ Dang I liked that movie.

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

IkariDC
272th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 06:22post reply

Well, if we are talking about Highschool days, it was DBZ (Buu saga), Rurouni Kenshin, Escaflowne, Evangelion, ... plus many films. Too many to remember, really.

Hey TimeMage, Saint Seiya & Ranma 1/2 came before our Highschool days, those and Captain Tsubasa, Lupin the 3rd, City Hunter, etc. Ah, those were the good days man.

Undead Fred
2054th Post

"Re(4):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 06:46post reply

I had pretty standard firsts... a friend of mine had shown me Akira for starters, then it was on to Ninja Scroll, then Ghost in the Shell. So, I hit all the bases for first anime stuff. First manga was Ranma 1/2.

Pollyanna
796th Post

"Re(5):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 07:23:post reply

Well, early high school it was Evangelion, Escaflowne, Rurouni Kenshin and Slayers (what was wrong with me?). I think Dragonball had already ended by that time (in Japan). I was kind of an otaku my first 2 years, but I watched everything raw. I'd get someone in Japan to send me like...a few episodes of every show on television, so I was really into variety. I got into anime in 4th grade, so I was kinda drying out the American market by that point.

Late highschool...I kinda got burned out.I was mostly into manga (as I am now). I liked Cowboy Bebop, though.

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Sat 29 Jan 07:26]

Iggy
5635th Post

"Re(6):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 07:51post reply

quote:
Well, early high school it was Evangelion

Eva ? I thought you were 40, or something !
Either you are seriously retarded, or I was wrong.
Hum.

Me ? I think I learned to read on Bastard!!. I never liked animation much, and once I saw Utena, nothing made before or after it seemed worth the braincells it required to be reminded.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

Pollyanna
800th Post

"Re(7):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 08:12post reply

quote:

Eva ? I thought you were 40, or something !
Either you are seriously retarded, or I was wrong.
Hum.

Both. Though now my claim at being an old man seems less trustworthy. Maybe I'm just a dirty liar on top of being seriously retarded.

Time Mage
2044th Post

"Re(4):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 09:19post reply

quote:
Hey TimeMage, Saint Seiya & Ranma 1/2 came before our Highschool days, those and Captain Tsubasa, Lupin the 3rd, City Hunter, etc. Ah, those were the good days man.

Well, since during our highschool days there was some sort of anime starvation in TV (Stupid parent associations, y'know), I've brought the closer (and better) anime from that time.

Strictly in highschool, I didn't saw many anime, really. Some DBZ, which I was starting to hate (I was reading the manga by then, and I couldn't stand the sloooooooooow rithm of the anime anymore), some anime films like Akira, Gost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, etc... But I didn't started to watch anime again until 4 or 5 years ago.

Phoenix
698th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 09:33post reply

DBZ manga and the movies = awesome.

I remember I used to draw DBZ characters in elementary school and kids were like what the hell is that? Who's Goku? To like DBZ back when it wasn't so freakin popular. Then again, anime used to be not popular and people used to call anime fans wierd back in the old days. Now that anime is "cool" the same people are watching Inuyasha and saying how cool anime is. Heh lolz. Now that I think of it, I was exposed to Ranma and DBZ in Korean.

DarkZero
1064th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 09:57post reply

quote:
Ranma 1/2, Lodoss War, Fatal Fury, AMG! etc.

quote:
I was a big fan of Record of Lodoss War. I don't think I got into Kenshin until college, but I WAS aware of it.

I watched Evangelion, Slayers, Bubblegum Crisis 2040, Gundam, etc., but the one I remember most fondly was Record of Lodoss War. I caught it on cable a little while ago (even though I have the DVDs) and it's still such a great-looking show. It's unfortunate that not many shows afterward have had that detailed, painted look that Lodoss had, even though it was cheaply done.

I still have to watch my Chronicles of the Heroic Knight DVDs some day. They've been around for quite awhile...

Undead Fred
2061th Post

"Re(6):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 10:52:post reply

quote:
DBZ manga and the movies = awesome.

I remember I used to draw DBZ characters in elementary school and kids were like what the hell is that? Who's Goku? To like DBZ back when it wasn't so freakin popular. Then again, anime used to be not popular and people used to call anime fans wierd back in the old days. Now that anime is "cool" the same people are watching Inuyasha and saying how cool anime is. Heh lolz. Now that I think of it, I was exposed to Ranma and DBZ in Korean.

Yeah, I had gotten into anime mid-way through high school, back when the only people who were familiar with it in the US called it "Japanimation." Well, I know there were people who watched imported subs and all that, but I'm talking about on average. I had a friend that had shown me Akira and Ninja Scroll, and the first anime I really bought was the Street Fighter movie (bought at Wal-Mart because I didn't know any better). Then I started picking up stuff like Gunsmith Cats, Cutie Honey and the Fatal Fury movie (second one, I think?).

EDIT: BLARG

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Sat 29 Jan 10:54]

Red Falcon
5370th Post

"Re(5):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 11:50post reply

Goldorak, AKA Grendizer.

Best site EVER: Link Here

Hungrywolf
2992th Post

"Re(6):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 12:01post reply

I should mention the show that got me into anime in the first place when I was in high school, Sailor Moon. Eventually I learned how horrid it had been cut up for American TV and now it's the only anime I must watch subtitled, but it did get me interested in anime. Also, I recorded some anime shown on Sci fi in High School that I watched a lot and liked. Iria: Zeiram the animation (I think I spelled that right; I've seen the live action too), Casshan: Robot Hunter (I loved it, I really want to see the live action movie), Vampire Hunter D (of course, I haven't seen the new one though), and Robot Carnival (which I thought was great, I wish I had it on DVD).

Hungry Like the Wolf

Sano
1415th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 12:03:post reply

Robotech I watched when I was in Junior High and loved Anime ever since. Mospeda/New Generation is still my favorite. Voltron I watched when I was younger, but Voltron was like a fad everyone forgot about quickly.

By the time I got into High School, we all had Anime Movies we would lend to each other and tape since I went to an Art High School and all. This was before people started subtitling stuff on the whole, so most of the time we watched stuff in straight up Japanese. That was around the time I saw Akira in English and was blown away. I also watched Dragon Warrior on TV and finished watching the series in Japanese under Dragon Quest. I saw the Fist of the North Star Movie first in Japanese and later in English. And then I discovered Dragon Ball Z, and got a few of their movies in straight up Japanese. An Asian friend took me to my first Japanese bookstore and I would buy lots of Dragon Ball Mangas there even though I couldn't read them because I was wowed by Toriyama's Artwork. Since I'm Latino, every time I went in there the store owner seemed like he'd never seen a non Japanese in the store, back then it wasn't as common as it is today. He would say. "Hey, are you okay? This is Japanese bookstore!" But eventually he got used to me since I frequented the store lots until it closed down.

When I got into College, that's when I discovered... Fan Subs! I was surprised at every single thing I guessed wrong in my Dragon Ball Movies! I began renting Ranma 1/2 and became such a huge fan I started buying the series in English once I had money, buying the US comic, and buying more Ranma Japanese Mangas so I could see how everything would turn out! And eventually, I grew to prefer subtitles over dubs, but I used to like dubs more, now I can't stand them for the most part.

Anyway, those were really good times. I was a Capcom fanboy in High School because of Megaman, early in college I got more into Street Fighter because of the SF2 Animated Movie and SF2V, and then became more of a fan of the games, the artwork, and so on. Rurouni Kenshin I didn't discover until late in my second college.

[this message was edited by Sano on Sat 29 Jan 12:13]

Hungrywolf
2994th Post

"Re(8):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 12:10post reply

quote:
Voltron I watched when I was younger, but Voltron was like a fad everyone forgot about quickly.

I used to watch Voltron all the time when I was really little. I still like it to this day. I have some old toys from the cartoon.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Sano
1415th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(9):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 12:20post reply

quote:

I used to watch Voltron all the time when I was really little. I still like it to this day. I have some old toys from the cartoon.

LOL! I remember back then no one wanted the real official Matchbox Voltron Toy, we wanted the fake cheap breakable Lionbot because it came with all the weapons and the Matchbox one didn't. My mom wouldn't buy it for me and my little brother since it cost too much, so we went behind our parents back and collected money from relatives so we could put down a lay away payment. It was one of those deals where your parents where proud and embarassed at the same time, but we got our Lionbot for X-mas! When my family moved out of my house years ago, I kind of had to junk it and a bunch of other old broken toys because I had too much crap back then. Well, I still have lots of crap so that hasn't changed much over the years.

Lupin
2887th Post

"Re(6):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 17:24:post reply

quote:
Well, early high school it was Evangelion, Escaflowne, Rurouni Kenshin and Slayers (what was wrong with me?).

I think it's good that you can ask that now (No, really; that your tastes have changed to where you can now ask that.) ;)

quote:
Late highschool...I kinda got burned out.I was mostly into manga (as I am now).
Seems quite a lot of people started with the animation then lost interest in the animation and moved into comics.

quote:
Goldorak, AKA Grendizer.
Red wins the thread cup

quote:

Around that time I rented Akira, Urotsukidouji, Bubblegum Crisis, & etc. from Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avery, and some other people who are less famous. I rented every Japanese animation in that store, some many many times. That was like the first place ever with a Japanese specific animation section. Also they had hard to find Fritz the Cat which you had to put like a $150 deposit on to rent.

Later in high school time I discovered that I could send video tapes and or gifts to fan subbers in exchange for subbed tapes. On a good day you could send them a tape they hadn't subbed & they'd send you a sub... sometimes a year or two later.

quote:
What was your favorite
Oh my favorite... At different times they were probably Akira, Urusei Yatsura, Vampire Hunter D, Vampire Princess Miyu... For a while in high school I would come home and watch Arslan almost every day, with bizare describable results.

[this message was edited by Lupin on Sat 29 Jan 17:32]

Iggy
5644th Post

"Re(6):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sat 29 Jan 18:48post reply

quote:
Goldorak, AKA Grendizer.

You're OOOOOOooooooooooooooooollld !!!!
But then, so am I...
orz

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

Burning Ranger
1031th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(7):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sun 30 Jan 01:41post reply

Bubblegum Crisis (ORiginal) and Project A-ko.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

VManOfMana
587th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sun 30 Jan 02:47post reply

Every child/teen circa 1995 in Mexico could not live without seeing Saint Seiya, Captain Tsubasa, and later, DragonBall. I never followed Tsubasa nor DragonBall that much, but I also saw Sailor Moon and Rayearth.

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

Amakusa
572th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sun 30 Jan 07:41post reply

I was huge into Starvengers (Getter Robo G) for many, many years. It outlasted Voltron and Robotech by a wide margin despite the fact its day had long since passed (for some reason the rest of the Force Five shows other than Grandizer failed to remain a blip in my memory). So like a total geek I was very much amused by Nadesico's Gekiganger 3.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

TrickyNishidake
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sun 30 Jan 10:13post reply

I started off with Golden Boy early High School, as well as Akira and Macross Plus. Though by the time I was graduating I was heavily into Evangelion and Kenshin.

Mosquiton
1504th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sun 30 Jan 10:21post reply

Golgo 13, Crying Freeman (but oh man was the dub awful)... and of course Ninja Scroll.

Although after graduating, I decided not to pursue the path of the contract killer. It was one of my ambitions, though.

/ / /

Lupin
2890th Post

"Re(8):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sun 30 Jan 22:12post reply

quote:

Both. Though now my claim at being an old man seems less trustworthy. Maybe I'm just a dirty liar on top of being seriously retarded.

Your speach pattern is like not of a typical girl. Also was a certain sysop of Orochinagi rumored to be disguised as you (or you were rumored to be a disugise), long ago or was that someone elsenevernomind.

kikkoken
817th Post

"Re(9):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Sun 30 Jan 23:06post reply

Ulysse 31.

Mokona
227th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(10):What was your favorite anime in High S" , posted Sun 30 Jan 23:23post reply

quote:
Ulysse 31.

Yeah, I was watching that when I was 6 years old or so.
Along with the other incredibly great europe/japan anime cooperations of that time, like The Mysterious Cities of Gold (still considered one of the best anime series ever, if not the best, in my book)

I also loved Sherlock Hound, Saint Seiya, of course Grendizer (aka goldorak in France, but I was more like 2 or 3, since it started airing in France 1 year before I was born, I had to watch reruns, lol), both Harlock series (78 and 84), Hector Malo's "Rémi sans famille" was a great depressing story, of course, more western stuff like Transformers and M.A.S.K. Later on, in High School, it was more City Hunter, Ranma½, Fushigi no Umi no Nadia... When I got to college, I had forgotten a bit about anime and rediscovered it with Eva, Lodoss, Slayers, great stuff. This is where I discovered Miyazaki's movies, and it was love at first sight! Then, it escalated with more series, the dicovery of Jrock and Jpop, and visual kei.

Blah!

IkariDC
276th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):What was your favorite anime in " , posted Mon 31 Jan 04:39post reply

The Mysterious Cities of Gold!! I also watched that when I was a kid! I couldn't remember the title, and I wanted to know how it was called, so thanks!

Of course I also watched Ulysse 31, Captain Harlock, Sherlock Holmes, and Conan (the kid from the future), for example.

I feel very nostalgic...

Toxico
4021th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):What was your favorite anime in" , posted Mon 31 Jan 06:52post reply

This highschool thing is pretty unfair to me; I didn't watched much tv back then and turned into heavy drinking...

Regarless of that I still managed to see things like Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball, during both shows I learned the value and effort that requires having an evil character.

I feel pretty lucky because almost every big time classic was broadcasted over here; we got a lot of shows; Ninja Senshi Tobikage was near XD

See??? He is a God...

Pollyanna
803th Post

"Re(9):What was your favorite anime in High Sc" , posted Mon 31 Jan 07:23post reply

quote:

Your speach pattern is like not of a typical girl. Also was a certain sysop of Orochinagi rumored to be disguised as you (or you were rumored to be a disugise), long ago or was that someone elsenevernomind.

What's a "sysop"?
There's nothing typical about me, anyway.

It seems like what shows you watched is highly dependant on what country you live(d) in.

Toxico
4022th Post

"Re(10):What was your favorite anime in High S" , posted Mon 31 Jan 08:19post reply

quote:
What's a "sysop"?

He said that someone was impersonating you; sysop seems to be him....

quote:

It seems like what shows you watched is highly dependant on what country you live(d) in.

Obviously, unless you can pay satillite TV.

See??? He is a God...

Lupin
2892th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):What was your favorite anime in" , posted Mon 31 Jan 08:39post reply

quote:
What's a "sysop"?

He said that someone was impersonating you; sysop seems to be him....
Actually, I guess Sysop isn't used for the web so much as it used to be for old servers and stuff; it means system operator. I just remembered something of a female named account was rumored to actually be a guy's 2nd account, but this was a long time ago.

quote:

Obviously, unless you can pay satillite TV.

Pretty much...depends on what gets licensed in your country.... Until a few years later when importing is done.

Pollyanna
805th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):What was your favorite anime in" , posted Mon 31 Jan 16:14post reply

With anime, what's been available in this country never has influenced me very much...or at least it didn't in highschool. But if you're in a country where anime is shown on TV semi regularly, it makes sense if that's how you get into it.

Anyway, I've only had one account at Orochinagi and I've never impersonated anything. Though...I suppose someone might have impersonated me (though I can't imagine WHY). I don't go there anymore...there wasn't enough to talk about.

Lupin
2895th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):What was your favorite anime in" , posted Mon 31 Jan 16:27post reply

quote:
With anime, what's been available in this country never has influenced me very much...or at least it didn't in highschool. But if you're in a country where anime is shown on TV semi regularly, it makes sense if that's how you get into it.
Usually there's only so many anime to choose from when they just start to have Japanese specific sub/dub companies, only certain animes on TV, etc. Which from that set someone likes may be due to personal interest, but the set varied by country. And of cource you could have a friend that sends you tapes or something...And of cource now people can get a wider amount from the internet... At Video Archives all their Japanese animation was on one small book shelf back then. Several years later a Tower records there was nearly a whole room of Japanese animation.

quote:
Anyway, I've only had one account at Orochinagi and I've never impersonated anything. Though...I suppose someone might have impersonated me (though I can't imagine WHY). I don't go there anymore...there wasn't enough to talk about.

No no the account in question was rumored to be someone else's 2nd account. So if it was your account then it was rumored that you weren't an actuall other person, and that your account was someone else's cross dresser account or something. But in fact it was actually your account.
I was just reminded of something of that tid bit by the not sounding like an ordinary girl thing.

HAYATO
253th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):What was your favorite anime in" , posted Tue 1 Feb 01:12post reply

The series that really got me into all these manga/anime thing was "Fist of the North Star". It represented everything I always wanted to see in a comic, and came to me in a time where I was tired of american comic books, and was unimpressed by its endless superhero stories. Of course I have always been interested in anime and such, because my country's child TV shows were mainly based on japanes series, but Hokuto no Ken was the first one that I really cared about. It came to Spain only in comic form, but it impressed me in such a way I collected all the volumes that were released here (14 and a half, just till Rao's death), and even the remaining ones in japanese!!! For the ones that know me, they know how much this means coming from me...

So many years have passed since I finished High School, and although I discovered my true passion was Araki's JoJo series, Hokuto no Ken will remain in my heart forever, as "the first one", and also as the one who led me to JoJo (when I saw some pics from JoJo 2 and Capcom's PSX game, I thought it was a game based on a Tetsuo Hara series). HnK will have a undying fan in me for the rest of my days...