My Views on Appleseed - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1757 Views )

sushi_bunny
352th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"My Views on Appleseed" , posted Fri 28 Jan 16:14:post reply

Well, today I went to the movie theatre at AMC saratoga. I was short on gas (like almost to E) and I had only 6 dollars in my bank account. I wanted to watch the 12:55 showing so that i could make it in time to do my fire escape training for my job, but that time was omitted!!!

I used whatever i had from my 6 bucks in my account for the gas first, and rushed to get my paycheck which took 40 minutes back and forth to get to the parking garage of my work, park my car then go up the elevator, and then grab my check, go back down the elevator again, go to the bank to get my check cashed and then try to drive the backroad to beat the freeway traffic.

I was 20 minutes late to see the movie, hoping the previews didn't mean anything, but I felt I didn't miss anything important. When I watched this movie, it was beautiful. I really thought this is a movie that you HAVE to see on the big screen.

I mean, this was like watching Akira, (which I watched this morning), the matrix, ghost in the shell, and star wars in a way.

I really enjoyed watching this, even though i ignored some of the voice acting. I thought it was a truly beautiful film, flying mecha, explosions, a tactical squad, it was like watching a CG 3D bubblegum crisis. I think this is probably the next generation of anime which is CG 3D cel shaded anime.

I think I will watch it again tomorrow with my friend Olivia. Shit, I should of spent my 10 bucks watching this movie instead of Elektra.

By the way, the only thing I found unrealistic was that the characters' clothes do not turn soggy or wet in the rain, nor are there any nicks on their armor when they fight in battle. Overall, my brain liked it 83%, the other part of the percentage was that it seemed too short of a film. Hopefully there will be another Appleseed movie.

I would say that it felt more action oriented than Final Fantasy the movie. Still, it was worth 8 bucks, and I got the last free poster of Appleseed (whoo-hoo!).

When I asked Kinokuniya after the movie how much the dvd was, it was out of stock, and it was $64.00. Uhh, I think I rather just renew my Blockbuster movie pass for a mere $25.00.

Well, gonna spend another $8.00 tomorrow to see the whole movie, which I wouldn't mind seeing again.

[this message was edited by sushi_bunny on Fri 28 Jan 16:19]

Replies:

Magus Darkstar
239th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):My Views on Appleseed" , posted Fri 28 Jan 18:53post reply

quote:
Well, today I went to the movie theatre at AMC saratoga. I was short on gas (like almost to E) and I had only 6 dollars in my bank account. I wanted to watch the 12:55 showing so that i could make it in time to do my fire escape training for my job, but that time was omitted!!!

I used whatever i had from my 6 bucks in my account for the gas first, and rushed to get my paycheck which took 40 minutes back and forth to get to the parking garage of my work, park my car then go up the elevator, and then grab my check, go back down the elevator again, go to the bank to get my check cashed and then try to drive the backroad to beat the freeway traffic.

I was 20 minutes late to see the movie, hoping the previews didn't mean anything, but I felt I didn't miss anything important. When I watched this movie, it was beautiful. I really thought this is a movie that you HAVE to see on the big screen.

I mean, this was like watching Akira, (which I watched this morning), the matrix, ghost in the shell, and star wars in a way.

I really enjoyed watching this, even though i ignored some of the voice acting. I thought it was a truly beautiful film, flying mecha, explosions, a tactical squad, it was like watching a CG 3D bubblegum crisis. I think this is probably the next generation of anime which is CG 3D cel shaded anime.

I think I will watch it again tomorrow with my friend Olivia. Shit, I should of spent my 10 bucks watching this movie instead of Elektra.

By the way, the only thing I found unrealistic was that the characters' clothes do not turn soggy or wet in the rain, nor are there any nicks on their armor when they fight in battle. Overall, my brain liked it 83%, the other part of the percentage was that it seemed too short of a film. Hopefully there will be another Appleseed movie.

I would say that it felt more action oriented than Final Fantasy the movie. Still, it was worth 8 bucks, and I got the last free poster of Appleseed (whoo-hoo!).

When I asked Kinokuniya after the movie how much the dvd was, it was out of stock, and it was $64.00. Uhh, I think I rather just renew my Blockbuster movie pass for a mere $25.00.

Well, gonna spend another $8.00 tomorrow to see the whole movie, which I wouldn't mind seeing again.

I am so pissed this isn't showing in my area.

I'd like to see it sooo badly. The trailers have looked awesome. I guess I'm going to have to wait for the DVD release, though.

| Darkstar Okonomiyaki | Mitsuketa! Japanese Lyrics |

sushi_bunny
354th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):My Views on Appleseed" , posted Tue 1 Feb 10:55post reply

let me know if u need a dvd copy

sushi

Sano
1430th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):My Views on Appleseed" , posted Tue 1 Feb 11:04post reply

I saw the flick in the movie theaters and enjoyed it too. Plenty of surprises and twists in the story. Looks beautiful.

Burning Ranger
1032th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):My Views on Appleseed" , posted Tue 1 Feb 13:14post reply

I want to see Appleseed, since I'm a fan of the manga and of Masamune Shirow. Unfortunately, I will wait for the DVD. I wonder/wish the DVD release would have the original Applessed anime on it too.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

sabo10
1107th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):My Views on Appleseed" , posted Thu 3 Feb 19:37post reply

quote:
sushi_bunny

Did anyone else stop reading at this point? I know I sure did.

Kamui
206th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):My Views on Appleseed" , posted Fri 4 Feb 03:22post reply

Sigh, I honestly thought this movie just wasn't very good.

I hated the way it looked. The models very much didn't look better then a 2D rendition, and there simply wasn't ANY exageration animation wise at all, killing any reason for it to be an animated film over a live action one. This is not a replacement to 2D.

The soundtrack was a mixed bag. The tracks composed by Tetsuya Takahashi are mostly awful, many of which invaded important scenes that needed fitting compositions. The rest of the tracks featuring a variety of artists however were good, although mostly limited as far as what scenes they could have been used for.

My last beef was the direction. Although some scenes managed to shine through, others were riddled with poorly handled dramatics. Briareos's death scene in paticular was as cliche as it could possibly be.

I want people to go into this movie with a critical eye. This film is attemping to do something new with movies. Although I respect their decision to attempt something original visually, you have to ask yourself if whether or not this is a replacement for 2D, becuase this is essentially what they are tryting to accomplish (As a stand alone style, 3D cel shaded models wouldn't last). In my opinion not only does it look much worse then a 2D animated film, but it looks far worse then most 3D films as well. In my opinion, this is not a movie that needs to succeed.

"Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.
Remember when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles
in your face to frown BUT it only takes 4 muscles
to extend your arm and bitch-slap the
motherfucker upside the head."