Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and Goro!! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2101 Views )

Just a Person
688th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and Goro!!" , posted Thu 27 Jan 21:56post reply

GameSpot has released 21 new screenshots from GameCube's version of Mortal Kombat:Deception. And of course, the stars of the screenshots are the two Cube's exclusives: Shao Kahn and Goro!
It was confirmed that both will have their own fatalities (and probably they may also be killed by fatalities this time). Their stories in Deception (assuming they will have stories) haven't been released yet, but we know their fighting styles:

Goro: Shokan; Kuatan; Dragon Fangs
Shao Kahn: Tai Tsu; Lui He; Wrath Hammer

Both Kahn and Goro are shown in the select screen, right in the middle (with an "?" icon between them, probably for random select, but it could be a secret character...). It seems that they will be available since the beginning, could this be true? It's also interesting to see that Jade, Hotaru, Li Mei, Havik, Noob-Smoke and Kira are all available in the screenshot. Could that mean that we're only gonna have 6 secret fighters (Liu Kang, Shujinko, Tanya, Sindel, Raiden and Kenshi)??

The screenshots can be also seen in http://www.mortalkombatonline.com. At first I thought that just adding Kahn and Goro wouldn't be enough to compensate the GameCube's owners for all the delay and no online features, but now it seems this version of MK:D may be very interesting...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Replies:

beto
801th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 00:15post reply

quote:
At first I thought that just adding Kahn and Goro wouldn't be enough to compensate the GameCube's owners for all the delay and no online features, but now it seems this version of MK:D may be very interesting...

So this one won´t play like shit, then?

HAYATO
243th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 01:00post reply

quote:

Better not to count on this...I gave out my hopes for a decent MK many years ago...

Undead Fred
2051th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 05:29post reply

quote:
And of course, the stars of the screenshots are the two Cube's exclusives: Shao Kahn and Goro!

Man, I kind of wish they'd make up their minds about whether or not people are officially dead... I thought it was very cool that they'd officially kill off Liu Kang and Shao Kahn, but then they're bringing them back now?

Phoenix
695th Post

"Re(3):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 06:56:post reply

quote:

Better not to count on this...I gave out my hopes for a decent MK many years ago...

Huh? MK6 Deception is the best MK to date from what I hear. Have you even tried the game or are you just waving it off automatically cuz it's MK? If you liked MK2 (that is to say if you're a MK fan) then you'll probably like Deception.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Fri 28 Jan 07:10]

Variable Savior
249th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 09:21post reply

quote:

If you liked MK2 (that is to say if you're a MK fan) then you'll probably like Deception.

I keep hearing that Deception is alot like Deadly Alliance (same basic system or whatnot). I enjoyed the old MK games (MK1 - 3) but really really didn't like DA. Is Deception just more of the same or is it radically improved from DA?

Blood marks heaven's path

Phoenix
695th Post

"Re(5):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 09:45post reply

quote:

If you liked MK2 (that is to say if you're a MK fan) then you'll probably like Deception.

I keep hearing that Deception is alot like Deadly Alliance (same basic system or whatnot). I enjoyed the old MK games (MK1 - 3) but really really didn't like DA. Is Deception just more of the same or is it radically improved from DA?

Deception is definitely an improvement from Deadly Alliance. At least according to online reviews and gamers' reactions. It's also Live enabled. I plan on picking it up later.

Saiki
156th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 10:08post reply

quote:

Deception is definitely an improvement from Deadly Alliance. At least according to online reviews and gamers' reactions. It's also Live enabled. I plan on picking it up later.

Sorry but no
Deception is worse than DA......

rook
40th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 11:14post reply

quote:
I think it's just new characters with the MK:D engine... whether that equates to "playing like shit" depends on the tastes of the individual >:P

square peg. round hole. large hammer.

Phoenix
696th Post

"Re(7):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 11:28post reply

quote:

How if I may ask? Has anyone here actually played this game? (to a reasonable extent)

Saiki
157th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 13:13post reply

quote:

How if I may ask? Has anyone here actually played this game? (to a reasonable extent)

1) no move properties
2) characters had infinites that were so easy to do even noobs can do it
3) no freedom with juggle combos. three hits and the player is auto dropped to the groun
4) controls aren't responsive
5) horrible colision detection

Deception is DA with the combo breaker slapped in plus cheesy infinites.

Dr Baghead
3360th Post

"Re(2):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 13:15post reply

quote:

How embarassing for you... you posted a comment about Tekken 5 in the wrong thread!

yeah it's not funny

Shyeim
229th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Fri 28 Jan 23:23post reply

quote:
How embarassing for you... you posted a comment about Tekken 5 in the wrong thread!

STFU idiot.

Ishmael
1803th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(9):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Sat 29 Jan 00:41post reply

quote:

1) no move properties
2) characters had infinites that were so easy to do even noobs can do it
3) no freedom with juggle combos. three hits and the player is auto dropped to the groun
4) controls aren't responsive
5) horrible colision detection

Deception is DA with the combo breaker slapped in plus cheesy infinites.

But at least Deception got rid of nonsense like blockable throws and life-draining impale weapons.

Really, the MK games are operating under a different set of criteria than other fighting games. While there is a certain amount of good, clean, wholesome fun to be found in ending a match instantly by kicking someone into a meat grinder it doesn't make for the most balanced of games. I'm not saying the MK games are bad -in many ways they are on much more sure footing than they have been in years- but if you go into them hoping to enjoy a complex game engine you're bound to be disappointed.

Dr Baghead
3362th Post

"Re(4):Lots of new pictures of Shao Kahn and G" , posted Sat 29 Jan 04:48post reply

quote:

STFU idiot.

Thank you, Shyeim, that was just the responce I wanted ^___^

yeah it's not funny