What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (5663 Views )

sushi_bunny
347th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Bronze Customer

"What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack?" , posted Wed 26 Jan 11:48post reply

I thought that the first one was pretty good. The second one wasn't that great, I only liked Nina and Kings music, not to mention yoshimitsu's. Tekken 3 was one of the best soundtracks in my opinion to me.
Went back to exercising again and listened to these wonderful tracks.

Cheers,
sushi

Replies:

Toxico
4019th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Wed 26 Jan 12:01post reply

quote:
I thought that the first one was pretty good. The second one wasn't that great, I only liked Nina and Kings music, not to mention yoshimitsu's. Tekken 3 was one of the best soundtracks in my opinion to me.
Went back to exercising again and listened to these wonderful tracks.

Well, my opinion is both, similar and different than yours. I do agree that the 3 first game have great A/OST, but from the 3 of them Tekken 2 A/OST is the one that grabs my attention more; Michelle & Lee themes are always on my head.

On Tekken 3 I always remember Julia's & Bryan's themes, overall it's also a very good A/OST.

For the record it was stated that the Tekken 5 OST was made to resemble the one of the first games.

See??? He is a God...

Maou
463th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Wed 26 Jan 12:05post reply

All about Tekken 3. Jin's theme (OG), all the time.

No really, all the time.

Julia's is pretty impressive on remix and OG, too, enough to make me forgive the composer for ero-rock King's theme.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

sushi_bunny
348th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Wed 26 Jan 12:20post reply

quote:
All about Tekken 3. Jin's theme (OG), all the time.

You got that right brother.
I also loved Heihachi's theme song (very pimp-ish with his pimp jacket on)

My favorite song is King's song from Tekken 2, since I felt it was half catchy and sentimental at the same time.

Michelle's theme I liked from Tekken 1 since it was kind of dreary, and Kazuya's was pretty millitant.

Paul's theme reminded me of a bad-ass riff, like a biker-boy-fight-club riff. George Thoroughgood influence??

What are the composers doing now?

Cheers,
sushi

P.S. does anyone know where I can hear mp3's of tekken 4 and 5? I need to try em out and hear them for myself, to listen to some current tunes.

Maou
464th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Wed 26 Jan 14:19post reply

quote:

mp3's of tekken 4 and 5?

Stay away from "Tekken" 4 and its "music." That could just be me, though...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

dorikyasu
725th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Wed 26 Jan 15:34post reply

quote:
Tekken 3 was one of the best soundtracks in my opinion to me.
Yup. No doubt about that. Tekken 3 soundtrack was the best. I especially love Jin & Hwoarang's themes from TK3. The arranged versions are great too, but for some reason, I like the beats in the arcade original better.

"Let me tell you what entertainment is: Violence. Sex. Friendship. Death. Surprise. Betrayal. Dancing."
- Tomonobu Itagaki

Iron D
2593th Post

"Re(2):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Thu 27 Jan 05:38post reply

While I love all of the Tekken soundtracks, thus far it's a toss up between T2 and TTT. God, I love Tekken's music.

Can't say anything about T5's yet, since I can't hear it in the arcade.

Zelkin. Pimped.

YeldellGW
439th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Thu 27 Jan 08:42post reply

quote:

Yeah, it's you...

It's all about Mob.

Though Xiaoyu's arranged theme from TTT is a favorite (One of the few arranged tunes I prefer over the original.).

Iron D
2595th Post

"Re(5):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Thu 27 Jan 08:47post reply

quote:

Yeah, it's you...

It's all about Mob.

Though Xiaoyu's arranged theme from TTT is a favorite (One of the few arranged tunes I prefer over the original.).

T4's soundtrack ruled. Period.

Zelkin. Pimped.

KTallguy
493th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Thu 27 Jan 12:11post reply

Yea, the only experience I have with the ST is T4. I enjoyed a lot of the tracks, especially the ambiental, electronic sounding themes. But maybe that's just because I'm a fan of ambient techno.

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Gojira
1616th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(7):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Thu 27 Jan 17:57post reply

Count me into the anti-T4 music camp. It was too much of a departure for the usual heavy/ ambient techno style. Too many hard rock tracks and odd stuff (Shinjuku sounded like something out of Space Channel 5). I'm not saying the music was terrible, I just don't think it had much business being in a Tekken game.

As for my favorite, Tekken 3 so far is tops, but what I can hear of Tekken 5's soundtrack sounds very nice. I hope the OST will be out soon.

Off with your nose

emagius
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(8):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Sat 29 Jan 07:48post reply

Am I the only one who loved the T2 soundtrack but didn't care for the rest at all (apart from the carnival stage in TTT)? Jun, King, Kazuya and Devil had great stage music IMO.

mokkori
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(9):What is your favorite Tekken soundtrack" , posted Sat 29 Jan 14:12post reply

I really liked Tekken 2 and Tekken 3.
TTT arcade had better music than PS2 port IMO.
And of course, T5 is gonna probably be the best OST/AST.
Wouldn't be surprised if they hired same SC II composers to do the T5 osts.

SIGTAG CENSURED :P

Now Playing NARUTO SSX 3 Castlevania GBA TACTICS.