Samurai Spirits OVA Question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1947 Views )

Makondo99
265th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"Samurai Spirits OVA Question" , posted Wed 26 Jan 02:50post reply

I had the oportunity to watch two episodes of this series. In these episodes, Nako, Rimu, Hao y Galford fight against Asura and Shiki.

I'm curious to know how many episodes this series has. I tried looking it up in Google, but all I could find was a review of the same episodes I watched. So if any member can answer this question, I'd be grateful.

Replies:

Bata kun
2473th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Samurai Spirits OVA Question" , posted Wed 26 Jan 02:55post reply

quote:
I had the oportunity to watch two episodes of this series. In these episodes, Nako, Rimu, Hao y Galford fight against Asura and Shiki.

I'm curious to know how many episodes this series has. I tried looking it up in Google, but all I could find was a review of the same episodes I watched. So if any member can answer this question, I'd be grateful.

Though I never saw it, I could have sworn it's two.

Toxico
4014th Post

"Ha ha!" , posted Wed 26 Jan 03:09post reply

For what I understand the Ovas are just those two and they aren't meant to have a beggining and ending; for what I know they are made to clear things up in the storyline of the HNG64 games...

For the record there is a series named 'Nakoruru', dunno if they are ovas or where broadcasted as a series.... I don't know if that series touches the storyline of the ovas, but it doesn't seem like it.

Note -> I remember someone posted a note with an interview about the drawer of the ovas; the author said that (dunno if it's he or she XD) he had way too many time restrictions and thus couldn't do what he truly had in mind for the ovas.

I still find then above the average, but things go on way to quickly XD

See??? He is a God...

Bata kun
2476th Post

"Re(1):Ha ha!" , posted Wed 26 Jan 03:28:post reply

quote:
For the record there is a series named 'Nakoruru', dunno if they are ovas or where broadcasted as a series.... I don't know if that series touches the storyline of the ovas, but it doesn't seem like it.

"Nakoruru" is a 2 OVA series (originally six, but sales cutted it two-thirds if I recall) that touches on the "Nakoruru" adventure. You know. The game Manali's from.

Edit: placed in one too many words.

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Wed 26 Jan 03:51]

Makondo99
266th Post

Copper Customer

"Damn!" , posted Wed 26 Jan 03:46post reply

quote:
For what I understand the Ovas are just those two and they aren't meant to have a beggining and ending; for what I know they are made to clear things up in the storyline of the HNG64 games...

Note -> I remember someone posted a note with an interview about the drawer of the ovas; the author said that (dunno if it's he or she XD) he had way too many time restrictions and thus couldn't do what he truly had in mind for the ovas.

I still find then above the average, but things go on way to quickly XD

Wait, so you're telling me that they published these 2 episodes, without giving any background on the characters whatsoever? And more importantly, without giving a proper ending?

Man, I feel dissapointed.

Toxico
4016th Post

"Notes and Saiki Faq...." , posted Wed 26 Jan 03:58post reply

quote:
Wait, so you're telling me that they published these 2 episodes, without giving any background on the characters whatsoever? And more importantly, without giving a proper ending?

Nop, I didn't make myself clear it seems; what I tried to say was that the proper background, storyline and ending of the saga is shown in the games; so you have to play the games & the ovas are to clear up some ideas & some things are shown differently.

You should go to gamefaqs, seek a Samurai Spirits faq page and go into the storyline FAQ of saiki. Rugalbernstein aka Red Falcon made most of the back ground for the HNG64 games. Fun fact, Iggy made the background for the characters of SS0 & I made the background for the characters of PSX game SSWR2 (but that hasn't been updated XD).

Then again I understand Saiki, I got time to update my faqs every two years or so XD

See??? He is a God...

Ishmael
1797th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Notes and Saiki Faq...." , posted Wed 26 Jan 04:44post reply

Thanks, I have always wondered about these two SS spinoffs. Sad to say it sounds like SNK's inability to get good adaptations of it's material continued with those two productions.

I wonder if this thread will stick around on the top page long enough for it to be used as an all-purpose bad game translation thread after people get done seeing Alone in the Dark this weekend?

Iggy
5577th Post

"Re(1):Notes and Saiki Faq...." , posted Wed 26 Jan 05:30post reply

quote:
Fun fact, Iggy made the background for the characters of SS0

Did I ?
What ? When ?

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

Toxico
4018th Post

"Re(2):Notes and Saiki Faq...." , posted Wed 26 Jan 05:52post reply

quote:
Thanks, I have always wondered about these two SS spinoffs. Sad to say it sounds like SNK's inability to get good adaptations of it's material continued with those two productions.

The Ovas are in fact quite superior to many other crappy material about videogames that is produce; the problem is directing and viods.... With 6 ovas it could have been 'almost perfect', but 'if' is not enough, it is what it is.

quote:
Did I ?
What ? When ?

I'm pretty sure your name is there, perhaps you mail it him long ago and the long days of lust made you forget OR you posted everything here and Saiki took it and said thank you in the FAQ XD

See??? He is a God...

Phoenix
692th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Notes and Saiki Faq...." , posted Wed 26 Jan 07:09post reply

I have the OAVs and they are quite good quality wise. The only thing is the short length as everyone has already mentioned. I'm still keeping my hopes alive for that MOTW anime. (now that I think about it LB anime would rock too)

Amakusa
571th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Samurai Spirits OVA Question" , posted Wed 26 Jan 12:22post reply

I actually liked the Samurai Spirits OVA. Most people I talk to like it as well, except for the fact it was only 2 episodes.

I suppose one might not get as much out of it if they hadn't played the 64 series of games... I was very familiar with both of them by the time I saw it, so I had no real problems following what was happening.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Sano
1402th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Samurai Spirits OVA Question" , posted Wed 26 Jan 12:41post reply

I liked the OVAs. Much better than the movie. That was very very bad.