Has anyone played RE 4 yet? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2603 Views )

Makondo99
259th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"Has anyone played RE 4 yet?" , posted Sun 23 Jan 12:21post reply

If your answer is "yes" could you tell us your impression on the game?

I went to gamefaqs when I learned that the game was out, and it scored high there, but I like to know the opinion(s) from people from the cafe.

Replies:

ONSLAUGHT
3215th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Yeah!" , posted Sun 23 Jan 12:29post reply

quote:
If your answer is "yes" could you tell us your impression on the game?

I went to gamefaqs when I learned that the game was out, and it scored high there, but I like to know the opinion(s) from people from the cafe.

I got it today, and I'm taking a break from my first 4 hours. Game so far is great!
The graphics, sound, and above all, the fun factor, are the highest I've seen on any new generation game. Maybe I'm biased, but I'm loving this game, can't wait to find out the truth behind the shit that's happening on that town (ironically called "Pueblo").

Oh, before I forget, I bet this game will be twice as fun for spanish speakers, I guarantee that.

Haz
2th Post

New Customer

"RE4" , posted Sun 23 Jan 12:49post reply

Very action-oriented and fast-paced. It takes a lot more time to beat this one than previous RE's. It's a whole lot more interactive and fun than any of the older RE's.

The game itself presents something new just about in every room/area you enter.

Basically, if you liked any of the previous RE's, you should really like this one. And if your not a fan, you should still check this out because RE4 isn't the same old RE.

Undead Fred
2031th Post

"Re(1):Yeah!" , posted Sun 23 Jan 13:41post reply

quote:
Oh, before I forget, I bet this game will be twice as fun for spanish speakers, I guarantee that.

"Go fight the monster in the lake. His name is DEL LAGO."

I was pretty happy with the game, and I was pretty impressed, too. I'm hoping it's scoring well and selling well because you can tell they really put a lot of effort into this one, and it's fun and interesting to play. I've beaten it once already, and I'm on my way back through again (the game is pretty long, though... don't worry). It looks like they were trying to emulate Konami as well (I saw some strong MGS3 and SH influences in there... not sure about anyone else), but hey, it helps the game and it works.

Oh yeah, and this.

Saiki
153th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Yeah!" , posted Sun 23 Jan 16:06post reply

Just as everyone said, it's a really good game. Alot has changed from the previous RE's but it's a nice change.
One thing I really liked was how Ashley(the character you have to babysit), gets out of the way if you point in her direction.
It took me around 18 hours to beat it so it's longer than the other RE's.
Definately worth it in my opinion

Red Falcon
5357th Post

"Re(1):Has anyone played RE 4 yet?" , posted Sun 23 Jan 16:14post reply

Game = awesome. Best "recently made game" purchase I've made... recently.

Spoiler question:

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Who here thinks this game owes a lot to "The Thing" and "Aliens"?

End of Spoiler

Best site EVER: Link Here

Undead Fred
2032th Post

"Re(2):Has anyone played RE 4 yet?" , posted Sun 23 Jan 17:41post reply

quote:
Spoiler question:

Me. Also, there were real minor references to

T2 and Predator...

End of Spoiler

exodus
2374th Post

"Re(3):Has anyone played RE 4 yet?" , posted Sun 23 Jan 19:18post reply

yes, and it's really good.

whee~

Time Mage
2032th Post

"Re(1):Yeah!" , posted Sun 23 Jan 20:01post reply

quote:

Onsy, can you tell me if the Spanish they speak is from Spain or from an American country?
I mean, if the game is set in Europe, the place has to be Spain (I recall seeing screenshots of chests with "pesetas", LOL), so an American Spanish dub would be quite... Unappropiate.

Gojira
1608th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Has anyone played RE 4 yet?" , posted Sun 23 Jan 23:09post reply

quote:
Spoiler question:
Me. Also, there were real minor references to

Don't forget

TCM Leatherface (now known as Wheatsackhead), and Ada = Trinity from Matrix (a reference I could have done without)

End of Spoiler

Off with your nose

ONSLAUGHT
3216th Post

"Gigante!" , posted Mon 24 Jan 05:17post reply

quote:

Onsy, can you tell me if the Spanish they speak is from Spain or from an American country?
I mean, if the game is set in Europe, the place has to be Spain (I recall seeing screenshots of chests with "pesetas", LOL), so an American Spanish dub would be quite... Unappropiate.

The game is situated in Spain alright becuase we have Pesetas, spanish, references to Madrid, morcilla and tomillo... well, I'm making that up, no morcilla and tomillo, yet.
The spanish is very neutral, but you can hear a spaniard accent in most of the characters (for example, when they yell "Cogedlo", and as far as I know, that's only used in Spain, not in America). In any case, the game is kickass, I'm just taking a break from it, because I've been playing it nonstop.

Hagen de Merak
859th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Gigante!" , posted Mon 24 Jan 06:19post reply

quote:

The game is situated in Spain alright becuase we have Pesetas, spanish, references to Madrid, morcilla and tomillo... well, I'm making that up, no morcilla and tomillo, yet.
The spanish is very neutral, but you can hear a spaniard accent in most of the characters (for example, when they yell "Cogedlo", and as far as I know, that's only used in Spain, not in America). In any case, the game is kickass, I'm just taking a break from it, because I've been playing it nonstop.

you probably just died and didnt save for a while, thats why your not playing it, you dumbass.

crazymike
1066th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Gigante!" , posted Mon 24 Jan 07:07post reply

I heard the gameplay is good, but the story seems to turn me off. Granted I haven't played it yet, but it seems they rejected the science and conspiracies for more supernatural elements? Not that there is anything wrong with that in a separate game, but I would hardly call it "Resident Evil".

Personally I would love to see a next-generation RE game making use of new hardware to have dozens, if not over a hundred zombies chasing after you on screen.

Red Falcon
5358th Post

"Re(3):Gigante!" , posted Mon 24 Jan 07:14post reply

quote:
I heard the gameplay is good, but the story seems to turn me off. Granted I haven't played it yet, but it seems they rejected the science and conspiracies for more supernatural elements?

Hmm...

Nah, there isn't anything really supernatural about it. People didn't MAKE the Las Plagas, but they're.. very loosely based off some abilities some real parasites have, and they've been scientifically altered and crap, anyway.

End of Spoiler

Burning Ranger
1028th Post

"Re(3):Gigante!" , posted Mon 24 Jan 07:19post reply

quote:
I heard the gameplay is good, but the story seems to turn me off. Granted I haven't played it yet, but it seems they rejected the science and conspiracies for more supernatural elements? Not that there is anything wrong with that in a separate game, but I would hardly call it "Resident Evil".

I agree. There is some RE mythology/story stuff in there, but mainly, it feels different. I probably would have called it "The Chronicles of Leon" or something just as cheesy.

Then again...

The fact that there are labs and biohazard/engineering in the game harkens back to old fashion RE.

Then theres references to Wesker...

End of Spoiler

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

EternalNewbie
148th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Gigante!" , posted Mon 24 Jan 08:13post reply

Agreed on most points of the game. It has a very different feel from the other games in the Resident Evil series, and for this game I think they would have been better off calling it Biohazard, like they call the Japanese series, due to the plot; but overall everything is different and good. I like finally having the ability to target well in a Resident Evil game, the camera is alot nicer (being where you can see the person and aim, yet still not seeing behind the character which makes it a bit more, uhh, realistic), the merchant is a nice addition, and the destination feature on the map of where you should go next is good. As for secrets...

I personally am enjoying the Mercenaries mini game (where you can play as Ada, Leon, HUNK, Wesker, and Rycov or however you spell his name) after you beat the game and the new unlocked weapons in single player. I actually haven't bother alot with Assignment Ada yet personally, but I let my friend play some of that and it looks like a nice little continued add on with the same game play as the game.

End of Spoiler

EternalNewbie:
The Hachishinkan -- The Weil Numbers.

Jason
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Gigante!" , posted Mon 24 Jan 08:28post reply

quote:
I heard the gameplay is good, but the story seems to turn me off. Granted I haven't played it yet, but it seems they rejected the science and conspiracies for more supernatural elements?

Your source lies!
quote:

Personally I would love to see a next-generation RE game making use of new hardware to have dozens, if not over a hundred zombies chasing after you on screen.

Whelp, you've got a good dozon or so at times in this one, and some of the set pieces actually make it feel like more, so we're getting there.

I knew I would do it and I know this I know what I am doing now that I am doing something both beautiful but gruesome because I am destroying its beauty by knowing that it might be beautiful know that if I know that I am dong something beautiful that it's no longer beautiful. - Dave Eggers A.H.W.O.S.G.

Undead Fred
2034th Post

"Re(3):Gigante!" , posted Mon 24 Jan 08:36post reply

quote:

Trust me, it's definitely Resident Evil. You've just got a slightly different type of threat this time.

quote:

I agree... I would love to see a zombie game that features a "zombie movie amount of zombies." You know, like a street packed shoulder to shoulder with zombies. That would be AWESOME. But as Jason said, this game is definitely getting there. There are frequently high numbers of enemies onscreen at once. This game is the most intense RE yet.

The only thing I would have liked to see would have been letting Leon move and shoot at the same time, but it's not too much of a problem at all and you'll get used to the shooting method pretty quickly.

sabo10
1093th Post

"Re(4):Gigante!" , posted Mon 24 Jan 08:41post reply

quote:
The only thing I would have liked to see would have been letting Leon move and shoot at the same time

:(

Undead Fred
2035th Post

"Re(4):Gigante!" , posted Mon 24 Jan 08:50post reply

quote:
but it's not too much of a problem at all and you'll get used to the shooting method pretty quickly.

:)

Makondo99
262th Post

Copper Customer

"*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 09:03post reply

quote:
but it's not too much of a problem at all and you'll get used to the shooting method pretty quickly.
:)

It sounds cool so far...
Questions:
1. Can you use the shotgun and magnum to blow zombie's brains as in previous RE?

2. Do they introduce new (cooler) weapons?

3. A merchant???

ONSLAUGHT
3218th Post

"Re(1):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 09:19post reply

quote:

Questions:
1. Can you use the shotgun and magnum to blow zombie's brains as in previous RE?

3. A merchant???

1.-Yes, you can even blow their heads with the regular gun, it's just a lot easier with the shotgun and other powerful weapons.

2.-As far as I've seen, yeah, and you can upgrade your weapons on top of that. The only problem is that some weapons are a bit expensive, and when you have your weapons upgraded, new and better weapons appear.

3.-Yeah, a Merchant. I call him "El Fayuquero". He appears through the game to sell you weapons and some curative stuff. He also can upgrade your weapons and buy some little treasures you find.

And yeah, some monster killed me and I didn't save =(

Red Falcon
5359th Post

"Re(1):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 09:23post reply

quote:

You can destroy the heads of the ganados with any weapons, just aim for their heads... but I don't recommend doing it, for reasons you'll see.

End of Spoiler

quote:

Yes.

End of Spoiler

quote:
3. A merchant???

Yep. Sell n' buy stuff.

End of Spoiler

Makondo99
264th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 10:04post reply

Thank you

End of Spoiler

crazymike
1067th Post

"Re(3):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 12:12post reply

Here's a Spoiler, you will die alone

End of Spoiler

Saiki
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 14:15post reply

quote:
3. A merchant???

merchants actually

End of Spoiler

Undead Fred
2037th Post

"Re(2):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 15:57post reply

quote:
SPOILERS

SHHH

WERE HAVING SEEECRET CONVERSATION

Gojira
1609th Post

"Re(2):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 16:29post reply

Actually, about headshots:

There's really no point in not going for the head, regardless of what it seems like. The adult-infected are going to hatch regardless of whether you shoot them in the foot or head.

End of Spoiler

Off with your nose

Undead Fred
2039th Post

"Re(3):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 16:35:post reply

quote:
Actually, about headshots:

Actually, about that spoiler... it won't happen. They only come out if you pop their heads, and even then (I think if you weaken the body first, I'm not sure) they don't always come out. After that certain point in the game, I preferred body shots. I've seen many, many Ganados go down without causing any further trouble.

EDIT: Oh yeah, does anyone else like the Red 9 as much as I do?

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Mon 24 Jan 16:51]

Jason
119th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 18:44post reply

quote:
They only come out if you pop their heads, and even then (I think if you weaken the body first, I'm not sure) they don't always come out.

You sure? On numerous occasions, I've popped an angry ganado in the stomach, only to see his head explode and . . . uhh, that thing happen. I just assumed that certain enemies are randomly marked as carriers, and shooting their heads simply produces the inevitable result with fewer bullets. Meh, could be wrong.
quote:

EDIT: Oh yeah, does anyone else like the Red 9 as much as I do?

Indeed, love that maxed out power, though I do wish it didn't take up so much space.
On my pro run, I've decided to spurn mr. semi-auto in favor of the bolt-action. Those reload animations are just too good.

I knew I would do it and I know this I know what I am doing now that I am doing something both beautiful but gruesome because I am destroying its beauty by knowing that it might be beautiful know that if I know that I am dong something beautiful that it's no longer beautiful. - Dave Eggers A.H.W.O.S.G.

Undead Fred
2039th Post

"Re(5):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 21:31post reply

quote:
You sure? On numerous occasions, I've popped an angry ganado in the stomach, only to see his head explode and . . . uhh, that thing happen. I just assumed that certain enemies are randomly marked as carriers, and shooting their heads simply produces the inevitable result with fewer bullets. Meh, could be wrong.

I'm sure you're right about certain ones being designated carriers, but 90% of the ones I've seen come out were after I aimed at the head and shot. I'm not totally certain how that whole deal works, but I'm pretty sure that if you avoid headshots you'll be okay.
quote:

Indeed, love that maxed out power, though I do wish it didn't take up so much space.
On my pro run, I've decided to spurn mr. semi-auto in favor of the bolt-action. Those reload animations are just too good.

Heh heh. Yeah, I love those things. I've been tempted to switch back to the bolt-action sniper too, but I figure I'll do that next time through. First thing I did when I switched back to my Red 9 was max out the reload time so it'd be useful in a fight, and now I'm almost up to full power. I think that's exactly why I love those weapons... it's great just watching the reloads and hearing those great little metallic noises.

Gojira
1610th Post

"Re(4):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Mon 24 Jan 21:54post reply

quote:

Actually, about that spoiler... it won't happen. They only come out if you pop their heads, and even then (I think if you weaken the body first, I'm not sure) they don't always come out. After that certain point in the game, I preferred body shots. I've seen many, many Ganados go down without causing any further trouble.

I finished the game last week, and believe me, it doesn't matter. Shoot the head, shoot the body, stuff will happen randomly regardless. All I did was shoot heads the whole time (well except for the ones where you can't) and at worst I had to lose one extra shot.

End of Spoiler

No big deal; there's ammo everywhere. I think I ran out of ammo a grand total of once, after a boss battle early on. But after that it was easy to get it all back.

Off with your nose

Red Falcon
5361th Post

"Re(5):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Tue 25 Jan 02:41post reply

Heads?

I agree with Fred; I did head shots constantly originally, and I was being swarmed by the damn head poppers. It got to the point where I had 5 monks do the head pop thing on me in one area and I got tired of it (being surrounded by things that eat your head gets annoying) so I just started shooting their bodies. It still happens sometimes, so I think there ARE some that do it no matter what, but the rate at which it happened dramatically decreased. BTW, which type of head popper was the rarest for other people? I only saw the "face hugger" pop out twice in the entire game (although I encountered some just running around elsewhere)

End of Spoiler

Undead Fred
2040th Post

"Re(5):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Tue 25 Jan 06:52post reply

quote:
No big deal; there's ammo everywhere. I think I ran out of ammo a grand total of once, after a boss battle early on. But after that it was easy to get it all back.

The only ones I've noticed pop regardless of where I shot them were only a few here and there that I had shot on the ground, and even then, I've usually actually shot at their head with something like a shotgun. I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure it matters where you shoot them

plus, I remember something in the game recommending head shots early on, so that should make you suspicious

End of Spoiler

Gojira
1612th Post

"Re(6):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Tue 25 Jan 09:37:post reply

Pussies
: 3

End of Spoiler

Anyway the game is the longest RE I've ever seen. I finished in 20 hours... anyone finished faster?

Off with your nose

[this message was edited by Gojira on Tue 25 Jan 09:38]

Mosquiton
1501th Post

"Re(6):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Tue 25 Jan 13:23post reply

quote:
I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure it matters where you shoot them .

Regardless, if you find yourself having a 'popping' problem try throwing a flash grenade.

The nice thing about the exclusive upgraded Red 9 is that poppers can be popped off by popping one shot.

/ / /

Jason
121th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Tue 25 Jan 16:34:post reply

quote:

Regardless, if you find yourself having a 'popping' problem try throwing a flash grenade.

Bah, everyone knows that flash grenades should only be used for one thing: killing crows. Damnn dirty-ass birds, always flappin' around for atmosphere and whatnot. And where'd they get all that money? Probably stole it from honest, hard working ganados.

[this message was edited by Jason on Tue 25 Jan 16:35]

sabo10
1095th Post

"Re(7):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Tue 25 Jan 17:06post reply

quote:

Anyway the game is the longest RE I've ever seen. I finished in 20 hours... anyone finished faster?

4 hours on my second playthrough. (22 on my first.)

You can really truck along speed playing this game because health/ammo is so abundant and there isn't any puzzle item gathering routes to memorize.

Undead Fred
2045th Post

"Re(8):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Wed 26 Jan 04:26:post reply

quote:
4 hours on my second playthrough. (22 on my first.)

Yeah, my first time through was like, 24 hours or so, but my second time's looking to be around 35 hours or so, but that's because I'm playing on Pro... I've been dying a lot. Heh heh.

EDIT: Finally finished Pro, and here are my AWEXOME STATZ!

Number of times killed- 262
Clear time- 39:49:51

It was a mess in there.

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Wed 26 Jan 16:11]

Ishmael
1805th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(9):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Tue 1 Feb 04:28post reply

Sorry to dredge up a topic that has pretty much run it's course but showcasing things that refuse to stay dead -even if it's a message board thread- is a hallmark of RE games.

Anyway, I finally got to try the game out for myself and greatly enjoyed it. But what most impressed me was the moment where I realized that I not only had plenty of guns, grenades and whatnot in my inventory but I also had some eggs and a couple of fish that I had knifed to death and brought along for later. I had Leon off fighting unknown evils and dragging that load Ashley around while armed with an attache case full of fish. While I thought that it was amusing that the previous RE games featured such things as characters eating potted plants they found around a police station this took it to a whole new level. Who knew the next big trend in action games would be having your character eat food?

Iggy
5668th Post

"Censorship in Europe" , posted Tue 1 Feb 06:16post reply

The game WON'T be censored in Europe either.
Japan will have to wait the PS2 version, I guess ?

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

ONSLAUGHT
3235th Post

"Re(10):*BANG!* And there goes the brain..." , posted Tue 1 Feb 06:22post reply

quote:

Anyway, I finally got to try the game out for myself and greatly enjoyed it.

Speaking of enjoyment, what was the most impressive part for you? It could be graphic, story, sound or excitment-wise, doesn't matter.

Grpahically, the part where you drown the Gigante in molten iron was pretty impressive to me, I haven't seen anything like that on any other game.

Kikkoken
822th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Re(10):*BANG!* And there goes the brai" , posted Tue 1 Feb 06:43:post reply

This is the kind of game that I candidly love watching someone play. Personally, I am too much of a chicken to enjoy playing these survival games. I would sooner play Mario Party 6, but that's me.
So, if anyone fancies being watched while playing RE4, I'm your man!

[this message was edited by Kikkoken on Tue 1 Feb 06:45]

Iggy
5669th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):*BANG!* And there goes the brai" , posted Tue 1 Feb 07:29post reply

quote:

Hooray !

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

Kikkoken
823th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Re(10):*BANG!* And there goes the brai" , posted Tue 1 Feb 08:00post reply

quote:

Hooray !

But on Gamecube exclusively!

Ishmael
1807th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Re(10):*BANG!* And there goes the brai" , posted Wed 2 Feb 01:40post reply

quote:

Speaking of enjoyment, what was the most impressive part for you? It could be graphic, story, sound or excitment-wise, doesn't matter.

Grpahically, the part where you drown the Gigante in molten iron was pretty impressive to me, I haven't seen anything like that on any other game.

What most impressed me was that the game still works without the fixed camera. Previous RE games got a lot of mileage out of the fixed camera where often something bad would be waiting for you in the middle of a room but you couldn't see it until you had moved closer to it than you normally would want to. Thanks to the level designs in RE4 and the placement of the bad guys you can still end up in some unpleasant situations. Getting swarmed from multiple directions by unpleasant looking people may not be like the thrills of the previous RE games but it provides for some tense moments all it's own.

Something else I enjoyed on a totally different level was figuring out I could shoot people in the leg and cause them to topple off of roofs or bridges. The sight of people losing their balance and taking a dive never got old.

Undead Fred
2072th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):*BANG!* And there goes the brai" , posted Wed 2 Feb 02:21post reply

quote:
What most impressed me was that the game still works without the fixed camera. Previous RE games got a lot of mileage out of the fixed camera where often something bad would be waiting for you in the middle of a room but you couldn't see it until you had moved closer to it than you normally would want to. Thanks to the level designs in RE4 and the placement of the bad guys you can still end up in some unpleasant situations. Getting swarmed from multiple directions by unpleasant looking people may not be like the thrills of the previous RE games but it provides for some tense moments all it's own.

Something else I enjoyed on a totally different level was figuring out I could shoot people in the leg and cause them to topple off of roofs or bridges. The sight of people losing their balance and taking a dive never got old.

Yeah, I could totally deal with the old camera system in the previous games, but having the camera follow you was much, much nicer- no more annoying fights trying to hit something down a hallway you can't see. It took me a little time to get used to always having the camera right over Leon's shoulder at all times (instead of being a little further away or IN his head), but I got used to it fairly fast.

As for the shooting stuff, I think my favorite combo was getting swarmed and seeing someone with a weapon you didn't want to have to deal with and giving them one in the knee, then one to the chest really quick to knock them down while you ran from a mob chasing behind you. Yeah, I think the numbers of enemies at once was definitely one of my favorite parts of the gameplay.

Gojira
1617th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):*BANG!* And there goes the brai" , posted Wed 2 Feb 09:43post reply

quote:

Anyway, I finally got to try the game out for myself and greatly enjoyed it.

Salizar's right hand (does it even have a name?) was the only boss in the game that I never tried to kill. All I had were magnum, rifle and normal bullets, so I just kept running and knocking over the freezing canisters to stall it until the elevator came, and trucked out of there.

End of Spoiler

Off with your nose

Undead Fred
2075th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):*BANG!* And there goes the brai" , posted Wed 2 Feb 10:33post reply

quote:
Gojira's spoiler
I had a tip vaguely worded, but I figured I'd make it a spoiler anyway in case people want to figure out what little I had figured out by themselves.

Look for his eyes to flash.... freezing him just makes that part easier to see and hit. I ended up just running from him in Normal, and using the freebie rocket on Pro. But yeah, the flash is when you can actually cause damage, and I think you can get a shot in on him if you knock him down, too.

End of Spoiler