Korean Animation: The Blue Sky - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1990 Views )

sushi_bunny
342th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Bronze Customer

"Korean Animation: The Blue Sky" , posted Sun 23 Jan 11:41post reply

Before I go out and waste $6.50 on anime, I want to know if this film was any good. Or is it on DVD at a Korean rental shop? Has anyone seen it or recommmend it? I read in the San Jose Mercury Eye section (the arts and entertainment section) that it was three stars out of four.

I was dissappointed at the fact that last night when I went to see Appleseed at 7:55 PM, the time changed to 1:10 and 4;15, so I wasted almost maybe 2.50 of my gas to get down to Saratoga AMC..

Thanks
Sushi

Replies:

sklathill
159th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Korean Animation: The Blue Sky" , posted Sun 23 Jan 16:21post reply

Blue Sky is actually a worse film than the original Wonderful Days film. The extra scenes are poor, the editing in the beginning is worse, and the musical choices in two crucial moments were changed to something that just plain SUCKED. (I actually had a chance to tell the composer of the new music material that he was just dumb for making that change...) FINE FINE looking CG and miniatures. Silly plot...oh, and the sound effects and music rock. Especially the sound effects.

The Temptation of Wheat is upon us!
---
www.insertcredit.com

HAYATO
235th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Korean Animation: The Blue Sky" , posted Tue 25 Jan 05:10post reply

quote:
Blue Sky is actually a worse film than the original Wonderful Days film. The extra scenes are poor, the editing in the beginning is worse, and the musical choices in two crucial moments were changed to something that just plain SUCKED.

Silly plot...oh, and the sound effects and music rock. Especially the sound effects.

What's that Blue Sky thing? A kind of Wonderful Days extended version?

BTW, I really loved Wonderful Days...it isn't that bad...

IkariDC
263th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Korean Animation: The Blue Sky" , posted Tue 25 Jan 05:20post reply

quote:

What's that Blue Sky thing? A kind of Wonderful Days extended version?

BTW, I really loved Wonderful Days...it isn't that bad...

Blue Sky seems to be the american edition of Wonderful Days, and it seems they screwed it.

There is a Korean limited edition, wich is the director's cut with deleted scenes and many extra stuff. I'm interested in it, I really enjoyed the film too!

Maou
462th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Korean Animation: The Blue Sky" , posted Wed 26 Jan 04:25post reply

In a roundabout way, this reminds me:
what became of that beautiful-looking Korean CG movie with a sort of Japanese animation art style that someone once posted here, and what was its name? Unless that is this. Uh oh...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

IkariDC
265th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Korean Animation: The Blue Sky" , posted Wed 26 Jan 05:10post reply

quote:
In a roundabout way, this reminds me:
what became of that beautiful-looking Korean CG movie with a sort of Japanese animation art style that someone once posted here, and what was its name? Unless that is this. Uh oh...

I was about to point to the official Korean site, but it's gone! It should be the movie you were talking about, it's the most expensive animation film in the history of Korea.

HAYATO
240th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):Korean Animation: The Blue Sky" , posted Wed 26 Jan 05:21post reply

quote:

I was about to point to the official Korean site, but it's gone! It should be the movie you were talking about, it's the most expensive animation film in the history of Korea.

Which film are you talking about, Wonderful Days or another unrelated one?

IkariDC
266th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Korean Animation: The Blue Sky" , posted Wed 26 Jan 05:29post reply

Wonderful Days. I'm talking in every post about it.