Question for X-men Fans - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1682 Views )

Burning Ranger
1027th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Question for X-men Fans" , posted Sun 23 Jan 06:03post reply

I just finished reading a Marvel Visionaries Trade Paperback featuring Madureira, and something occured to me: is there a collected/trade paperback of the Onslaught storyline? I only caught a few issues of it and I wanted to read through it straight through. Any help would be appreciated!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Replies:

DarkZero
1054th Post

"Re(1):Question for X-men Fans" , posted Sun 23 Jan 08:22post reply

quote:
I just finished reading a Marvel Visionaries Trade Paperback featuring Madureira, and something occured to me: is there a collected/trade paperback of the Onslaught storyline? I only caught a few issues of it and I wanted to read through it straight through. Any help would be appreciated!

I actually started a thread about this (or, uhhh... something like it...) a week or so back. Currently, there aren't any TPBs for the later X-Men crossovers, like Age of Apocalypse and Onslaught, but the Age of Apocalypse trades are going to start coming out in March. Still no word on Onslaught, though.

Looks like the only way to get those issues right now is to either hunt down each individual issue or download them. There's a site that had a torrent for Onslaught, but it's down until early February.

Rid Hershel
6384th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Question for X-men Fans" , posted Sun 23 Jan 08:49post reply

Actually there were TP's for Age Of Apocalypse, one for each of the miniseries I think (those with the gold colored cover), I got the Generation Next one shortly ago.

random news

Shin Ramberk
83th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Question for X-men Fans" , posted Sun 23 Jan 15:49post reply

quote:

I think Onslaught crossover did get collected in TPB. but its probably out of print. Look it up on amazon.com or barns and noble.com or ebay.

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Sano
1399th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Question for X-men Fans" , posted Mon 24 Jan 05:59post reply

Marvel probably will be re-releasing Age of Apocalypse Trade Paperbacks becuase this year marks it's tenth Anniversary or something like that. There are going to be a slew of new comics this year of stories that took place in 'The Age of Apocalypse' world.

Rid Hershel
6385th Post

"Re(3):Question for X-men Fans" , posted Mon 24 Jan 06:35post reply

They'll release the AoA in big (new) TP's this time.

Also they're releasing a Handbook of the AoA and a weekly six part miniseries with art by Chris Bachalo, as well as an small one shot with short stories by the original creators.

random news

DarkZero
1055th Post

"Re(4):Question for X-men Fans" , posted Mon 24 Jan 18:36post reply

Amazon.com has a handful of Onslaught trades marked "Limited Availability", which for Amazon seems to mean "put your credit card number in and we'll try to find it" (my Christmas shopping with them was less than pleasant), but they're probably available.

quote:
They'll release the AoA in big (new) TP's this time.

Also they're releasing a Handbook of the AoA and a weekly six part miniseries with art by Chris Bachalo, as well as an small one shot with short stories by the original creators.

The story is also starting in Exiles some time relatively soon, for the small handful of people that actually read one of my favorite comics right now.

Hungrywolf
2990th Post

"Re(5):Question for X-men Fans" , posted Tue 25 Jan 04:19post reply

quote:
The story is also starting in Exiles some time relatively soon, for the small handful of people that actually read one of my favorite comics right now.

I read Exiles, so I'm in the handful.

Hungry Like the Wolf