APPLESEED [?, !, ...] - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1400 Views )

Click
536th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"APPLESEED [?, !, ...]" , posted Tue 18 Jan 14:02post reply

Has anyone seen APPLESEED [released on 1/14]?

The trailers haven't really sparked my interest, and the visual style doesn't exactly appeal to me... Plus the fact that it is dubbed is another reason I'm not running to see it...

But now that the theater near my school is playing it, and it would only end up costing me $7 [as oppsed to $10.50 + bus fare, etc.]... I kinda want to see it, just because.

But...

Anyone? Opinions?

Replies:

Lupin
2863th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):APPLESEED [?, !, ...]" , posted Tue 18 Jan 14:46:post reply

quote:
Has anyone seen APPLESEED [released on 1/14]?

The trailers haven't really sparked my interest, and the visual style doesn't exactly appeal to me... Plus the fact that it is dubbed is another reason I'm not running to see it...

But now that the theater near my school is playing it, and it would only end up costing me $7 [as oppsed to $10.50 + bus fare, etc.]... I kinda want to see it, just because.

But...

Anyone? Opinions?

I was not too excited about seeing it, it looked less exciting than the previous Appleseed, which wans't my most fav
I suppose I'll see it eventually~
But if it will be fun for you to see than maybe you should. I'd go for the cheap show (: $10.50 is too much for a movie stub

[this message was edited by Lupin on Tue 18 Jan 14:49]

Sano
1390th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):APPLESEED [?, !, ...]" , posted Tue 18 Jan 14:49post reply

The Dub was pretty good, having not seen the original. Dubs for flicks in Movie theaters tend to be better than dubs for flicks that go straight to video.

I've only seen the Anime years ago in straight up Japanese that I can't understand and haven't read the Manga so I can't point out differences. But my friends who I went with told me the Manga was very different.

It's a great movie if you like the Pat Labor style of movies, lots of dialog but when the action comes it hits hard. I liked Ghost in the Shell 2 better but Appleseed's really good, there are a couple of twists in Appleseed's storyline that will keep you on your toes.

The Animation is beautiful, looks like an FMV to a Cel Shaded Video Game. And the women are very hott!

So I do recomend it, but even in New York City it's not the easiest Movie to catch as it's only playing in two theaters. These Anime Movies hit video quick though as Ghost in the Shell 2 is out so you can wait if you want. And watch it subtitled.

Burning Ranger
1010th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):APPLESEED [?, !, ...]" , posted Tue 18 Jan 15:50post reply

quote:

So I do recomend it, but even in New York City it's not the easiest Movie to catch as it's only playing in two theaters. These Anime Movies hit video quick though as Ghost in the Shell 2 is out so you can wait if you want. And watch it subtitled.

I'm going to wait for the DVD too. Thats how I saw GitS2. It makes me a little bit sad to wait, especially since I'm a fan of Masamune Shirow and the Appleseed manga.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."