catalyst
20th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Re(1):Rumblefish 2" , posted Sat 15 Jan 07:06post reply

quote:
http://www.awnet.jp/pc/index.html

http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish/kokuchi/index.html

A rumblefish 2 sounds great. Since the topic is somewhat on the rumblefish, any rate on the first game on a 1 to 10 scale if it could be played comeptitively? For those who have played the game? Or does it seem like the game can switch sides and become broken in some form or another?

Grahf
317th Post

Bronze Customer

"Rumblefish 1" , posted Sat 15 Jan 07:24post reply

Anyone know if Rumblefish 1 is coming to the US on PS2?

Pollyanna
753th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Rumblefish 1" , posted Sat 15 Jan 08:21post reply

I didn't know that anyone actually liked Rumblefish. I haven't played it yet...I just didn't think it was very popular.
It's about time for a home port. It's been nearly a year. When is it due?

Grahf
318th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Rumblefish 1" , posted Sat 15 Jan 08:46post reply

quote:
I didn't know that anyone actually liked Rumblefish. I haven't played it yet...I just didn't think it was very popular.

Gamefaqs lists it coming out in March in Japan, but the Sammy site appears to only say 2005.

Bata kun
2458th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Rumblefish 1" , posted Sat 15 Jan 08:54post reply

quote:
Gamefaqs lists it coming out in March in Japan, but the Sammy site appears to only say 2005.

Of course, we know how unreliable they can be. So, for now, March is the target month.

Valen
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Rumblefish 1" , posted Sat 15 Jan 10:56post reply

quote:
I didn't know that anyone actually liked Rumblefish. I haven't played it yet...I just didn't think it was very popular. Of course, we know how unreliable they can be. So, for now, March is the target month.

17 of March, 2005...
On Official RF site -> http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish/index_f.html in PS2 section.
And game is popular in Japan. There are a lot of tourneys there, And alredy recognized by some US players.

Yoy can find some Japan tourney info and vids Here -> http://carol.sakura.ne.jp/fish_movie.html

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice...

KTallguy
468th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Rumblefish 1" , posted Sat 15 Jan 17:21post reply

quote:

And game is popular in Japan. There are a lot of tourneys there, And alredy recognized by some US players.

I rarely see people on the machine... and I rarely see machines.. personally =)

That being said, it's not a bad game, I've only played it a few times. They have a dial-a-combo system, think KOF Max Impact but in 2D. Not a horrible game at all... I just don't know what kind of high level strats exist, if any.

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

ZamIAm
1495th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Rumblefish 2" , posted Sat 15 Jan 22:59post reply

quote:
Since the topic is somewhat on the rumblefish, any rate on the first game on a 1 to 10 scale if it could be played comeptitively? For those who have played the game? Or does it seem like the game can switch sides and become broken in some form or another?

I say 8. It's got some good stuff in it but a few characters do have cheap tactics that take work to get used to.

"Come with it then!"

NARUTO
2860th Post

"Re(3):Rumblefish 2" , posted Sat 15 Jan 23:11post reply

Well the games wasn't that bad, just hope RF2 will change those UGLY transparancy effect, update a bit the lame characters it have, and bring a lots of new one.

The biggest Talent it's to make peoples belive you're talented...

Valen
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Rumblefish 2" , posted Sun 16 Jan 00:54post reply

quote:
It's got some good stuff in it but a few characters do have cheap tactics that take work to get used to.

Well I think we all know that a fighting game sometimes require more than one incarnation to become really good. The SF3: New Generation and Guilty Gear 1 and X was not so popular but second and third incarnations of this games was great and a lot of people just loved tham.

quote:
update a bit the lame characters it have, and bring a lots of new one.

I think Zen and Viren are cool...

Burning Ranger
1008th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Rumblefish in US" , posted Sun 16 Jan 05:49post reply

quote:
http://www.awnet.jp/pc/index.html

http://www.dimps.co.jp/rumblefish/kokuchi/index.html

I mean seriously, what are the odds this game will come to the US? I can probably forsee a namechange for this game (Rumblefish wouldn't fly well in the US, at least I think so). Plus, will the 2D fighter market warrant it?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

beto
779th Post

"Re(1):Rumblefish in US" , posted Sun 16 Jan 06:01post reply

quote:
I mean seriously, what are the odds this game will come to the US? I can probably forsee a namechange for this game (Rumblefish wouldn't fly well in the US, at least I think so). Plus, will the 2D fighter market warrant it?

It´s already in the US.

Undead Fred
2005th Post

"Re(2):Rumblefish in US" , posted Sun 16 Jan 07:00post reply

quote:
It´s already in the US.

How long has it been out? I was wanting to at least take a look at it...

Grahf's avatar and tag are awesome, by the way.

Pollyanna
756th Post

"Re(3):Rumblefish in US" , posted Sun 16 Jan 07:30post reply

Well saying "it's already in the US" doesn't necessarily mean anything. I mean, does it have an English version or is it IN the US? It's common to see Japanese games in the US these days as many arcade distributors either have to go import or go out of business.

Valen
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Rumblefish in US" , posted Sun 16 Jan 07:39:post reply

quote:
It´s already in the US.
How long has it been out? I was wanting to at least take a look at it...

Grahf's avatar and tag are awesome, by the way.

It was released on AW in March 2004... All arcades that have AW must have it. Also I already said it in other tread, but will say again. Edward Chang wrote a FAQ about Rumble Fish. You can find it on gamefaqs. Really good read. And the game seams really deep to me. With some more characters that will be added in RF2, it could become a tournament hit. IMO.

[this message was edited by Valen on Sun 16 Jan 07:44]

Bata kun
2460th Post

"Re(4):Rumblefish in US" , posted Sun 16 Jan 08:19post reply

Oh. I see the date now. Hee!

This would have been a better fighter if it had more characters. I mean, nine is okay by me, but really. People will complain that this is only trying to be a prettier "World Warrior" and they don't want that. Also, people will probably get tired of it quickly because they don't want to study the game itself.

beto
780th Post

"Re(4):Rumblefish in US" , posted Sun 16 Jan 08:52post reply

quote:
does it have an English version

Yes, released many, many months ago (way before NeoWave):

http://www.sammyusa.com/games/atomiswave/rumble-fish.asp

Undead Fred
2007th Post

"Re(4):Rumblefish in US" , posted Sun 16 Jan 09:52post reply

quote:
It was released on AW in March 2004... All arcades that have AW must have it. Also I already said it in other tread, but will say again. Edward Chang wrote a FAQ about Rumble Fish. You can find it on gamefaqs. Really good read. And the game seams really deep to me. With some more characters that will be added in RF2, it could become a tournament hit. IMO.

Ohhhh. I thought you had meant that it was out on consoles in the US. I don't have much of a chance of seeing it in an arcade any time soon, though.

Pollyanna
758th Post

"Re(5):Rumblefish in US" , posted Sun 16 Jan 12:30post reply

Huh! I didn't know Sammy had an arcade distribution whatever in America. Since most good arcades (that I've been to) just import, I didn' think companies bothered anymore.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3271th Post

"Re(6):Rumblefish in US" , posted Sun 16 Jan 15:54post reply

quote:
Huh! I didn't know Sammy had an arcade distribution whatever in America. Since most good arcades (that I've been to) just import, I didn' think companies bothered anymore.

why you so ignorant?

Catalyst
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):Rumblefish in US" , posted Sun 16 Jan 16:00post reply

Supposedly only 5 arcade cabinent shipments of the rumblefish camed to America correct?

CHAZumaru
38th Post

Rare Customer

"4 new characters" , posted Tue 18 Jan 03:03:post reply

4 newcomers (Cheryl, Mito, Bazuu & Rad), new system with LP+LK, three stocks for OA and DA gauges, Orville has a few changes. Sorry I have little time right now, but I'll write a lousy yet more detailed translation if Iggy hasn't posted anything by tonight.

[this message was edited by CHAZumaru on Tue 18 Jan 03:06]

Valen
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):4 new characters" , posted Tue 18 Jan 23:36post reply

quote:
4 newcomers (Cheryl, Mito, Bazuu & Rad), new system with LP+LK, three stocks for OA and DA gauges, Orville has a few changes. Sorry I have little time right now, but I'll write a lousy yet more detailed translation if Iggy hasn't posted anything by tonight.

Tnx man… But where did you read all of that? Dimps helding a beta test or something?

CHAZumaru
39th Post

Rare Customer

"crappy translation GET" , posted Wed 19 Jan 03:50:post reply

quote:

Tnx man… But where did you read all of that? Dimps helding a beta test or something?

Yes, there was a loketest at Ikebukuro GIGO.

Hmmm Iggy hasn't show up, I guess he's too busy with the beginning of sales in department stores this week. I'll try to translate news as accurately as possible, but remember my japanese is quite crappy.

- As usual it will take time to understand how to make new comers effective characters. Cheryl is a lolicon character. She is very weak and must avoid close combat. Projectile and earial chara. Looks low-tier as of now.

- Mito has a wooden sword (medium to long reach), different stances and he seems to have no CA. He can change stances during a combo and seems to be the most appreciated new character but for some reasons seems quite unfinished yet.

- Bazuu has very strong one-hit moves, he can guard crush easily and doesn't rely much on combos.

- Rad (Lad?) is hard to grasp and/because not many people played with him. His commands look pretty unconventional. He has a tackle move that only hits high and allows combos. His specificity is to accumulate a heat gauge which improves damage. Apparently something annoying happens when the gauge reaches 100% (auto special move, I think).

- One of the new characters (Bazuu maybe ?) is reminiscent of a character from Hokuto no Ken, he has a Mohican and reminds players characters like Blanka and Busuzima (from Bloody Roar 2 if I remember correctly ?), although is isn't precised whether this is just design-wise or also gameplay-wise.

- I don't remember what the "boost type" system was in the first game (or maybe is it a new feature ?) but it plays an important part into making most characters effective in TRF2.
[edit: from what I get it seems to be indeed a new feature, or at least totally revamped]
[edit2: OK the "boost type" is actually the new system accessible with LP+LK that I was mentioning in my previous post]

- There's either a new system or a new version of the system called "Aerial Impact" which punishes you dramatically if used carelessly.

- Zen has been toned down.

- Viren has a new aerial technique called "Salamander Flair Bomb" (236+P in mid-air) implying a throw and the usage of bombs.

- There are new color layouts for characters depending on the button pressed. The torn clothing graphical effect isn't satisfying.

There are much more details, especially on character moves, but because of my lack of experience with the first one and my crappy japanese I am afraid to translate them wrong and tell you something inaccurate.

[this message was edited by CHAZumaru on Wed 19 Jan 06:04]

Shin_ATproof
1132th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):crappy translation GET" , posted Wed 19 Jan 07:53:post reply

all the same,thanks for the 411...

Toneddown Zen!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: The Bokuto character gonna be my first of the new characters to try...

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

[this message was edited by Shin_ATproof on Wed 19 Jan 07:56]

Spoon
719th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):crappy translation GET" , posted Wed 19 Jan 12:59post reply

quote:

One of the new characters (Bazuu maybe ?) is reminiscent of a character from Hokuto no Ken,

I'M IN.

Iggy
5510th Post

"Re(1):crappy translation GET" , posted Wed 19 Jan 18:27:post reply

quote:
Hmmm Iggy hasn't show up, I guess he's too busy with the beginning of sales in department stores this week.
Actually, I was eprouving de la joie by taking an extreme training course of wearing 20kg of food while eating 10 kg of clothes in the night, the wind, and the rain. Excuse me if my hobbies are more interesting than yours.

Also, notice that I was never afraid to say anything inaccurate.

Bonus from the rocket thread: (I don't know shit about the original Fish, so I can't go in depth either) :
- there are 2 energy gauges now (like in Musôken I think)
LP+LK = boost drive.
Both OA and DA gauges can hold up to 3 points.
The dodge can be made in the air to evade ground moves. Also, the properties of the down evasion move have changed a lot.

A random button has been added (good!).

Viren's animations has been changed a bit (dash and LP at least) and has the salamander flare bomb. He's one of the only old characters to get new moves.

quote:
- Mito has a wooden sword (medium to long reach), different stances and he seems to have no CA. He can change stances during a combo and seems to be the most appreciated new character but for some reasons seems quite unfinished yet.

More importantly, Mito seems to be a loli as well. (Shy, depressed emo-loli)
Because of her range, she can't be countered after a blocked move if she's far enough. Her boost creates a heart that flies around her and can damage the opponent.
She has 2 kamae; her default one has good normal moves but no rush combos.
She has a very good projectile, a very bad shôryûken, and then an overhead move.

quote:
- Bazuu has very strong one-hit moves, he can guard crush easily and doesn't rely much on combos.

He is huge and has huge hands.
He can make rocks fall from the top of the screen, or set some rocks that can be destroyed by his attacks or the opponent's.
His boost make the falling rocks go bigger.

quote:
- Rad (Lad?) is hard to grasp and/because not many people played with him. His commands look pretty unconventional. He has a tackle move that only hits high and allows combos. His specificity is to accumulate a heat gauge which improves damage. Apparently something annoying happens when the gauge reaches 100% (auto special move, I think).

He has a hero-like personality, like Zen.
When his heat gauge is high enough, you can push LP+SP to make stronger moves. He has a Burn Tackle-like move, followup possible, a move where some fireworks appear before him, and some rapid punch.
His boost dive makes his original gauge MAXed.

Cheryl uses a thread. Her normal moves are short ranged.
She has a normal projectile and another one that goes upward then bounces against the top of the screen. She has something like GGX's Venom (sets up to 4 balls on the screen). They can explode, or the threads move to the opponent, I don't quite get it. She also has something like that Whip move where she goes down from the top of the screen and kicks. Her boost allows her to use more threads.

Boost:
Zen has shadows around him (Geneijin?)
Viren: all his normal moves jolt
Garnet and Kaya: the opponent's weak point appears (apparently, when you manage to hit the weak point, you make a lot more of damage and/or dizzy the opponent)
Orviletan: Hyper armor
Hikari: healing
Void: the star finger becomes a projectile.
That awful dwarf : can shots more projectiles.
Alan: Original combo.

Also, 2 characters boxes are black (the bosses?)

Link

Edit : Please don't hit me, I'm just a cute little dog.

Edit 2 : also, those were extremely fashionable clothes. I'm not eating last year's fashion, mind you.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 19 Jan 23:14]

NARUTO
2868th Post

"Re(2):crappy translation GET" , posted Wed 19 Jan 19:44post reply

quote:
all the same,thanks for the 411...

Toneddown Zen!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hey Shin ATproof!!!! Long time no see my friend!!!

Back on topic. CHAZ. since you've played the game, (or at least saw it) did you notice some upgrade in the graphisms??

Are the back gounds less boring and empty than those of the 1st one??

And Greed the boss of RF1 was playable on the arcade with a code and on the home port, is he in the cast for the 2??

Count Hihihi
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):crappy translation GET" , posted Wed 19 Jan 22:01post reply

quote:
And Greed the boss of RF1 was playable on the arcade with a code and on the home port, is he in the cast for the 2??

Home port?

I'm very excited about the Hokuto No Ken-ish character. I read somewhere that the new characters for RF2 will be in the home port of RF, but that sounds a bit far fetched.

Iggy
5508th Post

"Re(4):crappy translation GET" , posted Wed 19 Jan 22:48post reply

quote:
I'm very excited about the Hokuto No Ken-ish character. I read somewhere that the new characters for RF2 will be in the home port of RF, but that sounds a bit far fetched.

Don't put your hopes to high; he's just a freak, really.
Also, two of the characters (Cheryl and Rad I think) are in the home port of Rumble 1.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Krzyzewski Man
1026th Post

"Re(2):crappy translation GET" , posted Wed 19 Jan 22:49post reply

Thanks for the detail.

NOW!

quote:
eprouving
inacurate
enery
flyes

THESE ARE NOT WORDS

quote:
de la joie
esquive
Oricon

THESE MIGHT BE WORDS BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN

Krzyzewski Man:
Lowering the tone since 1985.

Iggy
5510th Post

"Re(3):crappy translation GET" , posted Wed 19 Jan 22:58:post reply

quote:
THESE ARE NOT WORDS

It's because I was not at work when I posted this !
You should never go on internet forums when you are not at work.
quote:
THESE MIGHT BE WORDS BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN

Oh, I don't know either.
You know, the IC side effect.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 19 Jan 22:59]

CHAZumaru
39th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):crappy translation GET" , posted Wed 19 Jan 23:32post reply

quote:

CHAZ. since you've played the game, (or at least saw it) did you notice some upgrade in the graphisms??

I only played the コピペ.

quote:

He's not in the starting roster.

Krzyzewski Man
1027th Post

"Re(4):crappy translation GET" , posted Wed 19 Jan 23:53post reply

quote:
It's because I was not at work when I posted this !
You should never go on internet forums when you are not at work.

But... I don't have a job...

DAMN YOU YOU SHIFTY DEVIL

quote:
Oh, I don't know either.
You know, the IC side effect.

DAMN YOU YOU IGNORANT WORD-THROWER-AROUNDER

AND WORD-THROWER-AROUNDER IS A WORD

YES IT IS

Krzyzewski Man:
Lowering the tone since 1985.

Valen
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):crappy translation GET" , posted Thu 20 Jan 01:05post reply

Thanks for all in depth information Iggy. But I have some additional questions...

About that boost system. What is it like??? It cost super meter to activate or what??? Or there are new Boost Meter like Burst Meter in GGXX#R???

Ishmael
1784th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):crappy translation GET" , posted Thu 20 Jan 01:22post reply

Link
Did somebody poke that poor girl's eye out? Rumblefish is a much rougher fighting game than I had first thought.

Kouga
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):crappy translation GET" , posted Thu 20 Jan 09:38post reply

quote:
Boost:
Viren: all his normal moves jolt

As in Jolt ATTACK?! Um.. yikes.

Iggy
5519th Post

"Home version" , posted Thu 20 Jan 18:07post reply

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Chupiler
892th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"TRF2" , posted Tue 25 Jan 16:41post reply

......Ugh, swamped with work...

I can't believe I just found out about TRF2. Well, I read up on it, and will add what I have to offer.

New Systems (I'll skip Boost Types, since there's adequate info already)

Ground Recovery
When down, or
Allows you to move before getting up. Has invincibility. Cannot be done after being thrown or hit on the ground.

High Air Dodge
In Air,
Mid-air dodge. Your character will spin and fall straight down. You will not be able to attack until landing, so as of now, anti-anti-air and jump cancels are the main uses.

Impact Blow
When a special move hits, (1 Offense stock)
Prevents the opponent from using a Quick Recovery. I find this extremely useful as being comboed after landing an anti-air was a bit annoying.

Some corrections about some characters' Boost Type.

Zen - Is constantly in Kakon-Hou mode (the move) in this mode is a new move.

Aran - More closer to Yan's Seiei Enbu then SFZero's CC. Every hit hits twice.

Viren - I believe his attacks aren't entirely Jolt Attacks. Certain normal moves and lever moves are simply unblockable.

Presonally, I'm looking forward to this game. The additional stocks for both O and D meters and the change to 2 life bars will (I hope) speed up the pace of the game, which seemed to be a complaint in the first one.

Well... Back to slaving away. If I find time during the 2nd loca, I'll translate the reports... IF I FIND TIME. *sigh*

Iggy
5567th Post

"Re(1):TRF2" , posted Tue 25 Jan 18:47post reply

Chupi hooray !

My main grip for this game is the same as with SS0/S : why do they release a consumer version at the same a time a better, updated version hits the arcades ?

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

NARUTO
2890th Post

"Re(1):TRF2" , posted Tue 25 Jan 18:51post reply

WOW!!! Chupiler is back!!! Long time no see dude. Well as usual thanks for you report and infos.

See you later, maybe...^^

BakaOrochi
3th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):Rumblefish in US" , posted Sat 12 Feb 08:35post reply

quote:

Uh just an FYI, but I believe they're located in Chicago somewhere. I've got a friend who does testing for them, and we seem to get a lot of test games from them (i.e. Demolish Fist, before it came out in Japan, we got it, and now we have TRF2, still in Japanese though).

I'm hoping for more information from Sammy USA as they're here for an arcade show in Chicago in March (ASI).