The Trip Hawkins Letter (A good laugh) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1807 Views )

sabo10
1087th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"The Trip Hawkins Letter (A good laugh)" , posted Fri 14 Jan 16:01:post reply

<-- the link is here

I'm not going to comment on it. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Halfway through, Trip embarrasses himself so much, that it starts to have that effect where it makes the reader squirm and feel uneasy. Have fun.

At least when Microsoft/Climax resorts to this kind of thing, they have the good sense to create a false identity to express themselves with.

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Sat 15 Jan 17:07]

Replies:

Nate
409th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):The Trip Hawkins Letter (A good laugh)" , posted Fri 14 Jan 16:09post reply

quote:

I'm not going to comment on it. I wouldn't even know where to begin. Halfway through, Trip embarrasses himself so much, that it starts to have that effect where it makes the reader squirm and feel uneasy. Have fun.

You'd think if even GAMEPRO hated a game he'd realize it maybe wasn't a masterpiece to begin with. The glut of Army Men games out there (all shit) truly perplexes me even to this day. Can't they just...you know, stop?

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Undead Fred
1996th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):The Trip Hawkins Letter (A good laugh)" , posted Fri 14 Jan 17:13:post reply

quote:
Can't they just...you know, stop?

"Army Men becomes self-aware at 2:14PM on August 18, 1996. In a panic, they try to pull the plug."

"Army Men fights back..."

"Yes. Army Men retalliates by firing its missiles against its targets in Russia."

EDIT: I'm sure Trip's game-testing phase looks a lot like that scene in Funny Farm where Chevy Chase gets his wife to read his big novel he finally finished...

I still can't figure out why he's shocked that a game review magazine... reviewed his game. "Just give me my A, and I'll be on my way. I'm on the football team, you know."

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Fri 14 Jan 17:31]