Widescreen desktop backgrounds: - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2112 Views )

EddyT
395th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"Widescreen desktop backgrounds:" , posted Fri 14 Jan 06:43post reply

I just got a brand new Dell laptop yesterday, and the thing has a nice widescreen built into it. Unfortunately, none of the backgrounds I have are suited for it, since the resolution is 1440 x 900. Anyone know of any good video-game or anime related backgrounds that support this format? I just want to jazz up my desktop so it doesn't look so boring with the default Win XP bg. Thanks.

Replies:

Grahf
316th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Widescreen desktop backgrounds:" , posted Fri 14 Jan 07:05:post reply

I put a Cowboy Bepot dual monitor background on the image bbs if you're interested (Link). It has close to the same width to height ratio (1.5 instead of 1.6). If that looks good you may want to try searching for other dual monitor wallpapers.

EDIT: Whoops, my bad. The ratio for the wallpaper I posted is 2.5, not 1.5. You can probably cut off some of the left side and it would still look good though (that's what I did to put it on my desktop).

[this message was edited by Grahf on Sat 15 Jan 01:39]

HAYATO
218th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Widescreen desktop backgrounds:" , posted Fri 14 Jan 07:45post reply

quote:
I just got a brand new Dell laptop yesterday, and the thing has a nice widescreen built into it. Unfortunately, none of the backgrounds I have are suited for it, since the resolution is 1440 x 900. Anyone know of any good video-game or anime related backgrounds that support this format? I just want to jazz up my desktop so it doesn't look so boring with the default Win XP bg. Thanks.

You should visit THIS PAGE

It isn't anime related tough, but you'll find nice, neat landscape and space artwork available in many sizes. I wish you find something you like...

EddyT
397th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Widescreen desktop backgrounds:" , posted Fri 14 Jan 17:11post reply

HAYATO: For some reason, it is asking for a username/password when I tried to download a wallpaper.

Grahf: That is a cool wallpaper. I may use that for now. I wish I had Photoshop on this Lappy to edit it for fitting.

I also remembered this awesome wallpaper I saw from RPG Maker XP's website. Even though it's not the correct display size, it seems to be okay centered on the screen with a black bg.

Someday, I'd like to make wallpapers that support 1440 x 900. Gotta keep practicing my drawing.

daala
981th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Widescreen desktop backgrounds:" , posted Fri 14 Jan 22:56post reply

I haven't seen any game art but if you want some non-gamer stuff check this site out >> http://www.mandolux.com/

I have a duel screen set-up so, I get some of my wallapers here. ^_^

Grahf
316th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Widescreen desktop backgrounds:" , posted Sat 15 Jan 01:40post reply

quote:
I wish I had Photoshop on this Lappy to edit it for fitting.

Yes, you definitely need to fix that. In the meantime, I went ahead and cut it down for you. Link

Mokona
204th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Widescreen desktop backgrounds:" , posted Sat 15 Jan 01:43post reply

quote:
I wish I had Photoshop on this Lappy to edit it for fitting.

Download The Gimp (open source photo edit app).
It's a linux based application, but there's a win32 version that works great (and you don't have to worry about the feds knocking to your door about that piracy thing).
http://www.gimp.org/

Blah!