Iggy!! I know I shoudn't but....... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2237 Views )

NARUTO
2857th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Iggy!! I know I shoudn't but......." , posted Thu 13 Jan 19:29post reply

....Yes I know I shouldn't put your name on the title post, I know that know I'll maybe be raped bu some wildboar-mens with a cock of hauzer's tail size, but.....

So far your the only one who can help me. the question is easy,: How can(should?) I use Anakaris....

I mean can you give me some tips, combos or trick that works with him. So far I'll us them in CFJ, but don't matter if they work or not I'll try them myself, 2nd I'll still play vampire games so they'll be usefull anyway...

Thanks.

The biggest Talent it's to make peoples belive you're talented...

Replies:

Iggy
5480th Post

"Re(1):Iggy!! I know I shoudn't but......." , posted Thu 13 Jan 19:58post reply

1) Indeed you should not.

2) I'm not the only Anakaris user here.

3) Move. A lot.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

HAYATO
216th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Iggy!! I know I shoudn't but......." , posted Fri 14 Jan 01:34post reply

The best way to use Anakaris :

- Once you select him, wait to the beginning of the match.

- Then , press "start" and when the context menu appears,select "restart/quit" option.

- Now, in the character selection screen choose any other character.

Hope the tip helps...

Ishmael
1775th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Anakaris" , posted Fri 14 Jan 23:48post reply

I don't claim to be an expert Anakaris player but here's some basic stuff:

Dashing in WP or MP is good for getting in on your opponent. Leaping with down SK is good as well.

Hit opponents with a couple standing WP and go for a special move for variety instead of going for a standard combo. It does decent damage plus you can vary the speed on the WP so there's less chance you'll get guard cancelled. Forward + MK is also good since it has long range and looks funky.

For anti-air standing MP is good. Crouching SP works as well but it's fairly slow so be careful with that one.

As far as combos go the Darkstalkers are combo crazy so you plenty of those on your own.

Remember that Anakaris doesn't have a regular throw or a guard cancel. When fighting somebody like Ryu that's not a big deal but if you have Felicia or some other fast character hopping all over you it can get frustrating. At least Anakaris has that anti-pursuit move so you can get an opponent off you if they knock you down.

Other general stuff with Anakaris is that you should know the range of his grabs and Coffin Drops. Since you have the ability to harass your opponent from anywhere on the screen be sure and do so. These two moves are especially great against people who like to hang back and toss fireballs. Also remember that you can drop coffins or do your Pharoh Magic even while in the air.

As for CFJ/E, remember that his Cobra Blow only hits high now so either use it at the end of a combo or if your opponent is just standing there asking to be hit in the face. The super to use in that game is Pharoh Magic since it does terrific damage for a lvl.1 super. Also of note for that game is that it's the first time Anakaris has faced characters who can't air block so when a SF2 character jumps at you a well placed Coffin Drop will knock them back to the earth. Sad, really.

In Vampire Savior Anakaris has the ability to eat and spit back projectiles -even EX ones- for the rest of the round. That trick is too much fun.

Only hillbillies play MvC2 so I don't know how he handles in that one.

That's not very much, but I hope some of it is useful.

Iggy
5497th Post

"Re(1):Anakaris" , posted Sat 15 Jan 01:01:post reply

Ah! Now Ishmael changed the name of the thread, I feel like answering to it. Too bad he already covered most of it. Beside, I can only talk of Vampire since my experience of CFJ is limited to doing the Moe punch all day long.

quote:
As far as combos go the Darkstalkers are combo crazy so you plenty of those on your own.

Actually, the Vampire series is not a combo game. You have to understand the feeling of the game, which means that weak attacks lead to chain combo lead to down follow-up, and that's it. It’s all about poking and trading hits; in a way, it’s a very fast SSS. A few characters can do some special, ES or EX to finish their chain combos, but if you're at the basic level, don't bother with those yet. The Cobra Blow can replace his HP as a chain combo finisher in many situations and against many opponents, especially the ES version, but I personally prefer end a chain with a down HK + (ES) follow-up, because it makes Anakaris move and Anakaris must always move.

If you play Savior or Savior 2, use his guard cancel move as much as possible (In the Savior 2 version it can only be done with a gauge; in Savior 1, it is also a normal GC). When you're down, if your opponent is not used to it, Togame no ana. Anakaris is, to my knowledge, the only fighting game character to have such a move, which mean a lot of people will automatically try to pressure him without thinking even if they have already been punished by it. If the opponent has a medium to good knowledge of Vampire, he will try to follow-up every time you're down, and most of the time it will take him a couple punishments to remember NOT to follow-up Anakaris. When Anakaris has become natural to you, mix him up with some completely different characters (like Q Bee or Buletta/Sasquatch) so that your opponent forgets Anakaris’s specific traps after a few matches. If you are able to come back to Anakaris after Quatch and use him immediately at full capacity, you can use the same tricks for all the afternoon and laugh, laugh, laugh.

As I said, move as much as possible. Learn the properties of his jump, fly, triple jump, stop in mid air. On earth, dash, use the back teleport a lot, etc. When attacked, tech hit as much as possible; guard cancel at will. This is because Anakaris is extremely slow; if you try to run after your opponent, you'll never reach anyone. If, on the other hand, you have your opponent running after you, then you can use Anakaris’s moves at their maximum.
For this, you have to know by heart the range of every mummy drop and sarcophagus dance, as well as his normal moves. Cobra blow can be useful when the opponent thinks he can stay away from you. If he keeps far away and throws projectiled, eat them to teach him a lesson. If needed, vomit an ES version of his own projectile to humiliate them. Also, both the mummy drop and the sarcophagus dance are great projectile punishers. You may have a lot of trouble against beam characters, like Phobos; unfortunately, I use him but never faced him, so I don’t know how to react properly.

I never use his EX moves, even though the Hole to Oblivion is quite useful. Like for many characters, his ES moves, ES guard cancel and ES down follow-up are more useful; use the EX as a surprise move for variety if you want. As for the jumps, I usually stay in low air to a saint pyramid or great pyramid; the higher jumps are just used to do sarcophagus dances. Throw in here a few royal judgments for fun as well.

Also, the teleport is my favorite move; it works as a jack in the box. Pressure him with your mummy drop and sarcophagus as much as you want; when he retreats at the opposite of the screen and thinks he can calm down for a few seconds, appear in his back and teach him a lesson. This is extremely fun.

If you want, think to Anakaris as the only slow pixie character.

The key to Anakaris is to understand his concept. He is Pharaoh; he is a god incarnated as the king of all mankind (or so he says). To play a Pharaoh, you have to become a pharaoh. You are here to teach the Truth to your opponents. And the truth is: they are here to adore you.
Which means: punition, punition, and punition. High jump and sarcophagus to look down to the infidel being crushed; low jump and pyramid to walk on his face. Teach him humility by grabbing him from anywhere or reflecting his own projectile. You must understand you are above him, whoever he is. When he falsely thinks he can retreat and stop adoring you, teleport from behind and punish him. The only thing your opponent is allowed to do is to lie down and adore you; if you think he still doesn’t adore you enough, punish him with a down follow up.
Your goal is to have your opponent have completely white eyes and whisper 恐ろしい子! while you stay perfectly still after your victory. Because you must not be happy when you win a fight: winning is the normal conclusion, there just couldn’t be another issue to a fight between Anakaris and an infidel. At best, you can feel a low satisfaction to see you have put everything back in its right place.

The most important thing is to make him move, as I said, but it is not enough. Let's compare him with another god-like character, Suijasama.
Immediatly, the difference jumps to the eyes : Anakaris has been made at a time where Capcom where gods. Suijasama has been made by talented people, but at a time of degenerecense, where the Law has been forgotten, and we can only try to imitate the glory of the previous ages.
Look at the sprites while they move : Suijasama turns, screams, salto in mid air, etc. Anakaris stays still, whatever he does. When he jumps, his upper posture stays the same. When he dashes, the angle moves, but he generally looks the same. He barely speaks, and with a very low voice. Divinity translates best in immobility, not movement; Anakaris is better done than Suijasama because he has the majesty of a king when Suijasama is just a sprite of water.
How does it translate in the game ? Anakaris is the slowest character of a very fast game. Plus, the sprite barely reflects the movement he's doing. Compare to the way hysterical characters like Buletta or Felicia, move, run, jump. But you also have to move, everywhere, everytime. Slowly. And sometime, stop to look your opponent and humiliate him. This gives a very strange pace, very hard to adapt to when you're not used to face Pharaoh : you have the impression he stays still, when he actually doesn't stop moving. While Bao or Choi are nuisances because they are fast and tiny, Anakaris is slow, doesn't seem to move, and seems huge (and you'll notice it's just an impression, since when he jumps, a state in which he can stay for the totality of the match, he is smaller than Felicia). Bao and Choi are enerving, and you learn to hate them, run after them, try to make them stop moving. Anakaris is just an enigma; he doesn't seem to move, and yet he's everywhere on the screen (very much like Dahlsim in this aspect).

Also, I agree with Ishmael: our beloved Pharaoh never appeared in MvC2, it was a fake rumor spread on the Internet.

EDIT : fixed a couple of things and added the Suija part.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 15 Jan 07:56]

Mosquiton
1493th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Anakaris" , posted Sat 15 Jan 01:11post reply

quote:
Ah! Now Ishmael changed the name of the thread, I feel like answering to it. Too bad he already covered most of it. Beside, I can only talk of Vampire since my experience of CFJ is limited to doing the Moe punch all day long.

Actually, the Vampire series is not a combo game. You have to understand the feeling of the game, which means that weak attacks lead to chain combo lead to down follow-up, and that's it. It’s all about poking and trading hits; in a way, it’s a very fast SSS. A few characters can do some special, ES or EX to finish their chain combos, but if you're at the basic level, don't bother with those yet. The Cobra Blow can replace his HP as a chain combo finisher in many situations and against many opponents, especially the ES version, but I personally prefer end a chain with a down HK + (ES) follow-up, because it makes Anakaris move and Anakaris must always move.

If you play Savior or Savior 2, use his guard cancel move as much as possible (In the Savior 2 version it can only be done with a gauge; in Savior 1, it is also a normal GC). When you're down, if your opponent is not used to it, Togame no ana. Anakaris is, to my knowledge, the only fighting game character to have such a move, which mean a lot of people will automatically try to pressure him without thinking even if they have already been punished by it. If the opponent has a medium to good knowledge of Vampire, he will try to follow-up every time you're down, and most of the time it will take him a couple punishments to remember NOT to follow-up Anakaris. When Anakaris has become natural to you, mix him up with some really characters (like Q Bee or Buletta/Sasquatch) so that your opponent forgets Anakaris’s specific traps after a few matches. If you are able to come back to Anakaris after Quatch and use him immediately at full capacity, you can use the same tricks for all the afternoon and laugh, laugh, laugh.

As I said, move as much as possible. Learn the properties of his jump, fly, triple jump, stop in mid air, or on earth, dash, use the back teleport a lot, etc. When attacked, tech hit as much as possible; guard cancel at will. This is because Anakaris is extremely slow; if you try to run after your opponent, you'll never reach anyone. If, on the other hand, you have your opponent running after you, then you can use Anakaris’s moves at their maximum.
For this, you have to know by heart the range of every mummy drop and sarcophagus dance, as well as his normal moves. Cobra blow can be useful when the opponent thinks he can stay away from you. If he keeps far away and throws projectile, eat them to teach him a lesson. If needed, vomit an ES version of his own projectile to teach him a lesson. Both the mummy drop and the sarcophagus dance are also great projectile punishers. You may have a lot of trouble against beam characters, like Phobos; unfortunately, I use him but never faced him, so I don’t know how to react properly.

I never use his EX moves, even though the Hole to Oblivion is quite useful. Like for many characters, his ES moves, ES guard cancel and ES down follow-up are more useful; use the EX as a surprise move for variety if you want. As for the jumps, I usually stay in low air to a saint pyramid or great pyramid; the higher jumps are just used to do sarcophagus dances. Throw in here a few royal judgments for fun as well.

Also, the teleport is my favorite move; it works as a jack in the box. Pressure him with your mummy drop and sarcophagus as much as you want; when he retreats at the opposite of the screen and thinks he can calm down for a few seconds, appear in his back and teach him a lesson. This is extremely fun.

If you want, think to Anakaris as the only slow pixie character.

The key to Anakaris is to understand his concept. He is Pharaoh; he is a god incarnated as the king of all mankind (or so he says). To play a Pharaoh, you have to become a pharaoh. You are here to teach the Truth to your opponents. And the truth is: they are here to adore you.
Which means: punition, punition, and punition. High jump and sarcophagus to look down to the infidel being crushed; low jump and pyramid to walk on his face. Teach him humility by grabbing him from anywhere or reflecting his own projectile. You must understand you are above him, whoever he is. When he falsely thinks he can retreat and stop adoring you, teleport from behind and punish him. The only thing your opponent is allowed to do is to lie down and adore you; if you think he still doesn’t adore you enough, punish him with a down follow up.
Your goal is to have your opponent with completely white eyes and whisper 恐ろしい子!while you stay perfectly still after your victory. Because you must not be happy when you win a fight: winning is the normal conclusion, there just couldn’t be another issue to a fight between Anakaris and an infidel. At best, you can feel a low satisfaction to see you have put everything back in its right place.

Also, I agree with Ishmael: our beloved Pharaoh never appeared in MvC2, it was a fake rumor spread on the Internet.

Iggy, you should write game guides.

/ / /

NARUTO
2858th Post

"Re(3):Anakaris" , posted Sat 15 Jan 05:09post reply

Thanks both of you, Iggy and Ishmael...
I'll try to see what I can do now.

And Iggy, I'm trying to learn Anakaris for CFJ, and for Savior too since I mostly play Q-bee/Donovan/Zabel, and I need to change a bit my style.

The biggest Talent it's to make peoples belive you're talented...