http://allgames.gamesh.com/kof/update/picmov/2005/01/01-07.htm

Replies:

beto
774th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Wed 12 Jan 22:25:post reply

The download link is pretty unstable...

My copy of the game won´t arrive until a week from now, so i was hoping to watch the intro...

Thanks anyway.

[this message was edited by beto on Wed 12 Jan 23:03]

Mokona
195th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Thu 13 Jan 07:09post reply

Try this one : http://www.jeuxactu.com/article-7417-Videos-KOF--94-Re-Bout.html

Blah!

beto
774th Post

"Re(3):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Thu 13 Jan 08:56post reply

Thanks, guys. I managed to get the first one (on the fourth try), and thanks for the better version, Mokona.

Pollyanna
747th Post

"Re(4):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Thu 13 Jan 09:41post reply

WOW...that was really...funny. It was awesome in its badness, though and I'm sure it turned out how they wanted it to.

beto
775th Post

"Re(5):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Thu 13 Jan 10:12post reply

quote:
WOW...that was really...funny. It was awesome in its badness, though and I'm sure it turned out how they wanted it to.

I don´t see what´s so bad or funny in it. A couple of cheaply animated parts aside (usually when they´re doing multi-hitting moves), it looks pretty good. Much better than the usual slideshows.

Pollyanna
748th Post

"Re(6):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Thu 13 Jan 12:33post reply

quote:

I don´t see what´s so bad or funny in it. A couple of cheaply animated parts aside (usually when they´re doing multi-hitting moves), it looks pretty good. Much better than the usual slideshows.

Well, I'm not complaining. I think the opening is great, but it's also ugly and terribly cheesy. Everything the characters do is so...typical and cheesy. The direction is cheesy...the character designs are (appropriately) dated-looking and everything about it feels old.

That's FINE, though, because I'm sure that's what they intended. When I saw it I said "Oh God, it's 1994 all over again." and although it was hokey, it was enjoyable and highly appropriate. It's still bad because it's cheesy, but it's also great because it fits KOF 94.

Of course, you may think that the designs in '94 aren't poor or dated and that they hold up even by today's standards. You may also think that the direction is solid and that the characters aren't doing anything typical or cheesy. I'm saying "SNK was clever to go for something sort of off-beat like this". If they were shooting for the most awesome opening they could though, I think it was a collosal miscalculation....or at the very least, they're out of touch with the present.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3271th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(7):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Thu 13 Jan 14:06:post reply

quote:
Well, I'm not complaining.

wow! you smell that?
Pollyanna has entered the room.

anyways, that rocked. i'm glad to see Kanazawa still doing seminars at his age

[this message was edited by Juke Joint Jezebel on Thu 13 Jan 18:23]

Ammadeau
1257th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(8):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Thu 13 Jan 18:10post reply

I wonder why a Japanese company would go with a limited, thick lined animation style used in the US in the 80s. And boy was that pure cheese, but I agree that it felt right for the remake. If it had been the intro to 2k4 or whatever it will be then it would have been very odd.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

Lupin
2846th Post

"Re(9):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Thu 13 Jan 18:26post reply

quote:
I wonder why a Japanese company would go with a limited, thick lined animation style used in the US in the 80s. And boy was that pure cheese, but I agree that it felt right for the remake. If it had been the intro to 2k4 or whatever it will be then it would have been very odd.

SNK:
-Use these character designs
-Make it look old
-We'll take the ultra cheap quicky service

Actually I took a statistics class. So the animation looks like GI Joe on a iffy day (80s) or like a 60s Marvel cartoon. So on average it looks 70s.

Bata kun
2461th Post

"Ayaya?" , posted Sun 16 Jan 08:31post reply

I don't get it! Where's Mature?! You can put in Saishuu, yet, you don't put in Mature?! That's just wrong!

All random insanity aside, as well as the silly execution of multi-hit moves and Beni looking a bit off in my case, it feels I don't know. I guess "old school" is the word I'm looking for. It somehow works. We all grew up from it. I'd figure it'd be more or less along the lines of "Kimagure", but eh. Oh well.

Lupin
2857th Post

"Re(1):Ayaya?" , posted Sun 16 Jan 17:01post reply

quote:
I don't get it! Where's Mature?! You can put in Saishuu, yet, you don't put in Mature?! That's just wrong!

All random insanity aside, as well as the silly execution of multi-hit moves and Beni looking a bit off in my case, it feels I don't know. I guess "old school" is the word I'm looking for. It somehow works. We all grew up from it. I'd figure it'd be more or less along the lines of "Kimagure", but eh. Oh well.

I think I know this word's meaning from fanning on K.O.R. years ago.

Yeah that's what I thought, no Mature?

Mature and the panther should have been in their (the panther given that Zero's lion is a character later) as gameplay characters.

beto
781th Post

"Re(2):Ayaya?" , posted Sun 16 Jan 22:31post reply

Mature has a 96-2003 style sprite, but no 94-95 sprite. Saisyu has sprites in both styles, so he could get in.

Lupin
2859th Post

"Re(3):Ayaya?" , posted Mon 17 Jan 15:34post reply

quote:
Mature has a 96-2003 style sprite, but no 94-95 sprite. Saisyu has sprites in both styles, so he could get in.

Only characters that don't require much work can get in~~~

Joe Randel
357th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Mon 17 Jan 23:39post reply

quote:
Try this one : http://www.jeuxactu.com/article-7417-Videos-KOF--94-Re-Bout.html

Mmmm... I have to disagree. The opening was cheesy and bad. I wasn't so bad that it flips in to awesomeness, it was just bad. I thought that remakes where supposed to bring something from a past gen and make it up to date. If you want all the cheesyness of 94' then just play KOF94'.

*clink clink*

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Burning Kyo
2241th Post

"Re(4):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Tue 18 Jan 02:19post reply

quote:
Mmmm... I have to disagree. The opening was cheesy and bad. I wasn't so bad that it flips in to awesomeness, it was just bad. I thought that remakes where supposed to bring something from a past gen and make it up to date. If you want all the cheesyness of 94' then just play KOF94'.

Totally Agree.

[Live fast // Die young]

OYashiroForever
807th Post

"Re(1):KoF'94 RB intro" , posted Tue 18 Jan 02:47post reply

I think it has a retro chicness to it. In addition to reminding me of old 80s anime, it also reminds me of all those old anime-inspired Duo and Sega CD games. Of course, what it reminds me most of is the '98 DC intro.

Sure, it's not inspired art... neither is the game itself. I'll take it over the usual KoF intro though.

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."