Rumor : SS AW - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3292 Views )

Iggy
5435th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Rumor : SS AW" , posted Mon 10 Jan 20:29:post reply

Since I've already cooked a few turtle shells today, I'll try to predict something about SS AW as well.

Hummmm.....

Yûki seems to be making the game.Hooray !

And... What ?
The new female character seems to be quite not unlike Arieta of Cyberbots (outside her suit, of course).
Uuugh ?

Still, I haven't completed my minor in scapulomancy, so don't take it too seriously.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 10 Jan 22:34]

Replies:

sakuranbo
12th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Mon 10 Jan 22:49:post reply

quote:
Since I've already cooked a few turtle shells today, I'll try to predict something about SS AW as well.

Hummmm.....

Yûki seems to be making the game.Hooray !

And... What ?
The new female character seems to be quite not unlike Arieta of Cyberbots (outside her suit, of course).
Uuugh ?

Still, I haven't completed my minor in scapulomancy, so don't take it too seriously.

Is this for real or comes only from your turtle shell ?
By the way, not to be an ass but... scapulomancy should be reserved to bone divination. The correct thus rather unused term for divination with turtle shell is cheloniomancy... just so you know...

Edit: spelling...

わしは旅の僧、錯乱坊。
チェリーとよんでくだされ。

[this message was edited by sakuranbo on Mon 10 Jan 23:54]

Iggy
5435th Post

"Re(2):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 11 Jan 00:42post reply

quote:
Is this for real or comes only from your turtle shell ?
The rumor pit is bottomless and his path is dark and mysterious.

quote:
By the way, not to be an ass but... scapulomancy should be reserved to bone divination. The correct thus rather unused term for divination with turtle shell is cheloniomancy... just so you know...

Is it ? In French scapulomancie can be used for both shells and shoulder blades of deer and ox and whatever, and I assumed it would be the same in english.
Eh.
I don't like the sound of cheloniomancy.
Another degree I'll never finish. Damn you ancient chinese divination !

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Red Falcon
5317th Post

"Re(3):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 11 Jan 06:39post reply

Interesting rumor (what there is of it, ha ha ha..) but as with all rumors, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Best site EVER: Link Here

YeldellGW
431th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 11 Jan 07:42post reply

quote:
And... What ?
Uuugh ?

As long as she isn't Mina's replacement I'll be happy. Now if only some other aspects of the game could finally get fixed.

Nate
404th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 11 Jan 08:14post reply

quote:

As long as she isn't Mina's replacement I'll be happy. Now if only some other aspects of the game could finally get fixed.

Such as?

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Ktallguy
461th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 11 Jan 14:05post reply

quote:

Such as?

Yea, I like the game how it is too... maybe if they update the graphics more people will play it but...

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Iggy
5445th Post

"Re(4):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 11 Jan 17:34post reply

quote:
Yea, I like the game how it is too... maybe if they update the graphics more people will play it but...

If they indeed asked Yuki, I'll guess we will have something amongst the lines of Supisupe without the gore, with AW graphics, which doesn't bother me because Yuki's dotters are good (the original sprites of SS0 and Mizuki were better than recent KOF sprites in my opinion). I guess they won't really redraw the sprites, just add more frames of animation / add more colors / redo some stances / maybe make them with a better resolution. Well, it's not hard to update 8 years old sprites.

What I wonder is "when this game will be supposed to happen" and "who will appear". If the game is set after Yuga, then will Shiki and Asura come back even though they disappear after Yuga's death ? Of all the new characters from SS0, only Gedô, Yumeji,396 and Yoshitora are alive (ah, and Rera and Rasetsumaru), will they make a magical come back "we weren't there between SS1 and Polysamu 2, but don't mind it" ? Or will they remake an existing story, like "SSS with better graphics and SS0's system" or "Polysamu in 2D" ? And will they reuse Asura and Shiki's sprites ?

Hum.

Or my scapulomancy skills are all wrong, and SNKP will be shitting the game, and we won't ever hear of the series anymore.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Saiki
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 11 Jan 17:47post reply

quote:
What I wonder is "when this game will be supposed to happen" and "who will appear". If the game is set after Yuga, then will Shiki and Asura come back even though they disappear after Yuga's death ? Of all the new characters from SS0, only Gedô, Yumeji,396 and Yoshitora are alive (ah, and Rera and Rasetsumaru), will they make a magical come back "we weren't there between SS1 and Polysamu 2, but don't mind it" ? Or will they remake an existing story, like "SSS with better graphics and SS0's system" or "Polysamu in 2D" ? And will they reuse Asura and Shiki's sprites ?

If it's after Yuga, then Ukyo is dead too. And Rimururu is frozen in ice for 20 years
And Nako is also sealed away........

Iggy
5448th Post

"Re(6):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 11 Jan 17:54post reply

quote:
If it's after Yuga, then Ukyo is dead too.

Isn't Genjûrô dead also ? What about Morosumi ?
quote:
And Rimururu is frozen in ice for 20 years
And Nako is also sealed away........

Like it mattered.

From the thread of "books written by SS characters" :
Nakoruru : "I'm sorry, it was all a big lie"
and Mamahaha : "It was just a huge misunderstanding, it's not really my fault".

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

NARUTO
2850th Post

"Re(7):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 11 Jan 18:11post reply

quote:
If it's after Yuga, then Ukyo is dead too.
Isn't Genjûrô dead also ? What about Morosumi ?

IIRC Jenjuro don't die, as Morosumi wasn't he just looking for his baby???

As for this new SS game maybe they'll try to make a "missing" link. I mean a game between the 2D SS serie and the Asura one, or maybe they will surprise us from behind(NO Iggy, no!) with the PS1 warrior rage character.

Still If the game is made I don't know how I should feel...
Happy, because Yuki "will" make it.
Or worried because of the AW system...(KOF neowave....)

The biggest Talent it's to make peoples belive you're talented...

Nate
405th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 11 Jan 18:12post reply

quote:

Like it mattered.

From the thread of "books written by SS characters" :
Nakoruru : "I'm sorry, it was all a big lie"
and Mamahaha : "It was just a huge misunderstanding, it's not really my fault".

They can basically bring back Nako for every game anyway because her story never changes. Nature is threatened and she has to go save it. Whee. Wasn't that the reason she came back after Mizuki?

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Iggy
5450th Post

"Re(8):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 11 Jan 18:25post reply

quote:
maybe they will surprise us from behind(NO Iggy, no!) with the PS1 warrior rage character.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    :::::::::: : : :    : : : :::::::
    :::: : :        : : :::::
       ∧_/  ._
    (瓜゚(ω・ (Д゚ (皿` )
    /  /    /   /
----------------------

サムい

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Red Falcon
5320th Post

"Re(9):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Wed 12 Jan 02:09post reply

Yuga isn't dead, either. ;D They could always bring out Suija or Enja, which would surely make you happy, Iggy.. and to make ME happy, maybe they could give them more of the moves they had in Asura Zanmaden.

Iggy
5456th Post

"Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Wed 12 Jan 02:18post reply

quote:
and to make ME happy, maybe they could give them more of the moves they had in Asura Zanmaden.

I haven't played them in Zanmaden, only in Samusupi ! 2, but since there would be a translation to 2D, I think it may look like what we could get.
But if Enja is a better character (which also means less funny) I prefer the version of Suija with absolutely no move on the ground to the one with the kick moves.

Oh well, I would take any version of any character if the game ends up as good as Supisupe, really.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Saiki
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Wed 12 Jan 03:34post reply

quote:
They can basically bring back Nako for every game anyway because her story never changes. Nature is threatened and she has to go save it. Whee. Wasn't that the reason she came back after Mizuki?

Well, Oboro sealed Nako and Rimu after Yuga. So unless Yuki plans on completely ignoring the future SS, the 2 sisters cant be in.

Iggy
5460th Post

"Re(9):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Wed 12 Jan 03:47:post reply

quote:
Well, Oboro sealed Nako and Rimu after Yuga. So unless Yuki plans on completely ignoring the future SS, the 2 sisters cant be in.

Nobody would resent them if they ignore the PS game.

,,、-‐''"  ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ `゙`''ヽ、
           ,、'"       /\      `゙ヽ、
         /        //  \        \
       /       厶-/-/    \-|\-、、 、  \
      //    イ'/// /      \| \ヽ ヽ   ヽ
     / /    // /___        ___ヽ_ \ヽヽ  トヽ\
      / ,イ // ,,z====ュ      ,z===ッ、,ヽヘト、 |\! \
     // | ハ / '´ 、、、、       、、、、 `  |-ヽ |    ヽ
    /   /|/ヽ,|          '             レ'^、ト、    ゙、
   /   {   ゙i      ┌─────┐      |   |     ゙、
  /    ゙i   |      |/          |      レ'  /     ',
 /      \,  |      |         |      |  /      ゙,
./        ーヘ      |         |     /-<        i
,'         / \     ヽ       /    /   \       |
|      ,、-'"    \    \    /    /      ゙ヽ、     |
|   ,,、-'"        ゙''-、,,_  ゙'ー‐'" _,,,、-''"         ゙''-、   |
ー‐''"              |`゙'ー─‐‐''"|               ゙'ー‐'
                 ┌┤        ├┐
               / i'"       ゙'i \
             -''"  ヽ       /    ヽ

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 12 Jan 04:09]

YeldellGW
432th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Wed 12 Jan 16:08post reply

quote:

Such as?

Where do I start...

Keep in mind these are things that personally irk me and as always, the other 90% of the populous probably have no gripes about any of these.

Unified POW Specials Command

Never understood why this had to be done in the first place. I only had problems with a few of the old commands.

Anti-defensive techniques

I really wish this series would adopt a guard drop system. The defense breaking throws aren't cutting it; especially when SNK keeps making them more useless against the cpu with each new game. Speaking of which...

Throws

Why is it so hard to make a SS game where you don't screw up and a get a throw instead of the move you really want?!

This was never a problem for me back in SS 1-2.

Double Jump Shortcut

Something about seeing Gaira and Kusaregedo jumping twice without any recovery animation in between jumps that just seems unnatural.

Dash, Stop, Dash, Stop, Dash, Stop,...

Could we try making a SS game where this doesn't equal unbeatable rushdown game. Some lag on a dash would be nice.

Iggy
5464th Post

"Re(4):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Wed 12 Jan 17:21post reply

quote:

I don't see the problem. When you use 2/3 of the cast, it's even a great thing.
quote:

I don't understand.
quote:
Why is it so hard to make a SS game where you don't screw up and a get a throw instead of the move you really want?!

I could answer something really mean, but I will just say you could try a little harder.
quote:
Something about seeing Gaira and Kusaregedo jumping twice without any recovery animation in between jumps that just seems unnatural.

I don't think I've ever seen Gaira of Gedô jumping twice. And as the lack of animation is general for a game with 8 years old sprites who weren't well animated in the first place. It makes me think they were clever enough to animate the new characters as well as they could without giving one move or another too much frames of animation that would have make it look weird (see Kim in KOF 2002).
quote:
Could we try making a SS game where this doesn't equal unbeatable rushdown game.

I don't understand.
Are you talking of the footwork of Amakusa in Musôken?

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Nate
406th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Wed 12 Jan 17:23post reply

quote:

Where do I start...

Keep in mind these are things that personally irk me and as always, the other 90% of the populous probably have no gripes about any of these.

Never understood why this had to be done in the first place. I only had problems with a few of the old commands.

I really wish this series would adopt a guard drop system. The defense breaking throws aren't cutting it; especially when SNK keeps making them more useless against the cpu with each new game. Speaking of which...

Throws

This was never a problem for me back in SS 1-2.

Double Jump Shortcut

Could we try making a SS game where this doesn't equal unbeatable rushdown game. Some lag on a dash would be nice.

I actually agree with you on most if not all of these. I've definitely witnessed most of them.

The POW special command I don't mind so much now as I did when it was implemented in SSIV. It had a much more annoying motion then, making it a lot harder to pull them off, at least for me. I think the only problem I had with individual motions was some of the ones in SSII, where I didn't do them fast enough and would end up throwing out a special with huge lag, like as Cham Cham.

What exactly was wrong with the guard destroyer system in SSV that they had to stop it? I didn't find it too abusive.

Do you mean you want regular throws back? Because I wouldn't mind Charlotte getting her oh so stylish regular throw back rather than having to hit with that stupid slide before it.

Eh, the jump issue...consider how high/fast characters can normally jump in a fighting game. Besides, if they had recovery time from jumping, how would they be able to fight against Gaoh without taking lots of chip damage or worse?

Only certain characters can pull off the dash, stop, dash, stop, though. Some actually do have a bit of lag.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Iggy
5465th Post

"Re(5):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Wed 12 Jan 17:32post reply

quote:
What exactly was wrong with the guard destroyer system in SSV that they had to stop it? I didn't find it too abusive.

The only reason i can think of s that the hip thing is the double button throw. Capcom implented it in SF3 I think, and it's slowly growing.
I guess some people like it better than forward+button. They find it more precise?
I don't know.

Also, the changed made to Shizumaru because of this were pretty interesting (if it wasn't for his godan kyôrakuzan bug).

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

YeldellGW
433th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 13 Jan 04:59post reply

quote:
I don't understand.

The only means of dealing with constant shelling is either a top down attack or the throws. No guard drop system like KOF or Chaos were one's guard is broken from blocking too much.

quote:

I could answer something really mean, but I will just say you could try a little harder.

There's some things all the trying in the world won't fix. I've sucked with throws before tech hits/escapes and that other stuff was implemented. And I'll continue to suck at them now that that stuff's being implemented. It's a weakness I've gotten use to by now.

quote:

I don't think I've ever seen Gaira of Gedô jumping twice. And as the lack of animation is general for a game with 8 years old sprites who weren't well animated in the first place.

Seems you've misunderstood. In SS 4 there was a shortcut introduced that if you were to hit up forward or up away prior to actually landing from a jump, your character would jump again, by passing their normal landing animation; which wasn't that lengthy to begin with.

quote:

I don't understand.
Are you talking of the footwork of Amakusa in Musôken?

The cpu in genereal.

quote:

Do you mean you want regular throws back? Because I wouldn't mind Charlotte getting her oh so stylish regular throw back rather than having to hit with that stupid slide before it.

I want a SS game where I do an attack when I'm close and get the attack, not the throw due to overlaping commands. In SS 3-5 f+kick was also your throw and that would usually come out instead of the kick if you were too close. In Special, the throw command was changed to C+D so that problem would be fixed, but now comes a new problem. Whenever I go for a point blank range POW Special, I end up getting the throw instead (Quarter circle motions in general seem harder for me to pull off in Special for some reason.).

I had a similar problem with Cammy and Chun-Li's close Roundhouse kicks in SSF2. If any opponent were relatively close, I get their close roundhouse kick when I hit the button; even though the enemy wasn't close enough to get hit by it instead of the normal standing roundhouse kick. Appears that was carried over intact for the anniversay edition.

I wouldn't object to having the old throws back either...

quote:

Only certain characters can pull off the dash, stop, dash, stop, though. Some actually do have a bit of lag.

Must be a cpu thing cause I've yet to see any of that lag. And seeing Kusaregedo zip across the screen as if he was Rimururu's size is beyond believable.

I didn't bother to list the broken damage parameters because I filed it in the lost cause department.

I'm just waiting to hear someone say how they were killed or killed someone with just one hit in a SS game. My quickest kill use to be with Genjuro with 3 hits in SS 2.

Now it's Mizuki in Special with a mere 2 hits.

Iggy
5470th Post

"Re(6):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 13 Jan 05:30post reply

quote:
I didn't bother to list the broken damage parameters because I filed it in the lost cause department.

Well, really, if you want a game with less damage... Play another game. SS is all about being able to reverse the situation with only one strong slash. The games where they changed it (Kôrin or the Polysamu, as you can see with the 2D Shiki) felt weird. Samurai Combination go home !
SSS or SS0 are anyways less ridiculous than a KOF where a single jump D or crouching A can lead to a 60% or an infinite at worst... The only difference is Haomaru's strong slash takes less time, looks less ridiculous and more importantly is harder to land.

quote:
The only means of dealing with constant shelling is either a top down attack or the throws. No guard drop system like KOF or Chaos were one's guard is broken from blocking too much.

It wouldn't work with the kenki system of SS0/Spe. You would waste all your gauge in no time to land only a hit with an empty gauge.
Beside, SS is a counter game, and SS0 pushed it further this way with the Kenki gauge. Beside, in SupiSupe, the nerving of the mu no kyôchi prevents it to be used as a way to breack the guard of the opponent.
But the reason why it doesn't turn in a turtling fest is because of the dammage. Even with 40% of your life, you can die in one hit, but so can the opponent. Beside what the apparences may tell, it's a very aggressive game, which is why characters that have a hard time to breack the opponent's guard (like Gaô for example) are not too weak.

quote:
I'm just waiting to hear someone say how they were killed or killed someone with just one hit in a SS game.

Are you kidding ! I'm sure every character in SS0/Spe has at least a 100% move against Mina in ikaribakuhatsu and full kenki gauge.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Mokona
193th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 13 Jan 06:15post reply

quote:
Is this for real or comes only from your turtle shell ? The rumor pit is bottomless and his path is dark and mysterious.

Is it ? In French scapulomancie can be used for both shells and shoulder blades of deer and ox and whatever, and I assumed it would be the same in english.
Eh.
I don't like the sound of cheloniomancy.
Another degree I'll never finish. Damn you ancient chinese divination !

I thought Scapulomancy was some sort of divination by fire. Like reading things in burnt sacrificial animals... Anyway, Iggy, stay away from my guinea pigs!

Blah!

Iggy
5471th Post

"Re(4):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 13 Jan 07:52post reply

quote:
Anyway, Iggy, stay away from my guinea pigs!

Guinea pigs ? They have bones ?
Huuuuummmmmm..... I may have found a way to have my degree...

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Red Falcon
5322th Post

"Re(7):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 13 Jan 14:11post reply

quote:
Well, really, if you want a game with less damage... Play another game. SS is all about being able to reverse the situation with only one strong slash. The games where they changed it (Kôrin or the Polysamu, as you can see with the 2D Shiki) felt weird. Samurai Combination go home !

2D Shiki is nothing like how she works in Samurai Tamashii or Asura Zanmaden. She has.. two of the same moves, and they don't work the same. One or two fierce slashes CAN change the flow of the battle in both of them... and the only thing the CD combo is good for in Zanmaden is charging your super meter (and it charges the opponent's too, anyway...) ;D Regardless, I do agree with most of what you say. Samurai Spirits is a distinctive series because of these factors.

Amakusa
566th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 13 Jan 16:42post reply

quote:

2D Shiki is nothing like how she works in Samurai Tamashii or Asura Zanmaden.

As a Rasetsu Shiki player in Asura Zanmaden, I scream bloody murder every time Shiki drops into another game. She was frickin' perfect in Asura Zanmaden.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Iggy
5475th Post

"Re(9):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 13 Jan 18:06post reply

quote:
2D Shiki is nothing like how she works in Samurai Tamashii or Asura Zanmaden.

As a Rasetsu Shiki player in Asura Zanmaden, I scream bloody murder every time Shiki drops into another game. She was frickin' perfect in Asura Zanmaden.

Even the shura version was not as boring as her 2D incarnations ?
Details please.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

KTallguy
466th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 13 Jan 19:07post reply

quote:
SS is all about being able to reverse the situation with only one strong slash.

That's what makes it the most interesting...

Granted, the computer on 8 difficulty is really boring... they do split second reactions to your moves too much to be fun to play with... you need to find flesh and blood to play with, which is REALLY hard... even in Japan it's not the most common cabinet to find.

I'm happy with SS not being a combofest... I like the system of finding an opening and doing a lot of damage by finding that opening... I also like the idea that when you attack a lot, your attacks are weaker, because you should get tired... it's not realistic to be constantly flailing away like an idiot.

SS should be a game where there are no wasted attacks... no wasted movement... that's what 'Samurai' are all about right ? Efficiency?

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

NARUTO
2855th Post

"Re(6):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 13 Jan 19:08post reply

quote:
The only reason i can think of s that the hip thing is the double button throw. Capcom implented it in SF3 I think, and it's slowly growing.
I guess some people like it better than forward+button. They find it more precise?
I don't know.

And IMO it suck!!! I'm more for the forward+button it's 100 time easier, SFZ3 and SF3rd are the only games were I extremely rarely use thrown, because of this.
when in some game like KOF, MOTW it's so easy to make...

The biggest Talent it's to make peoples belive you're talented...

Red Falcon
5323th Post

"Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Fri 14 Jan 03:23post reply

quote:

Even the shura version was not as boring as her 2D incarnations ?
Details please.

She has the "uppercut" and the low dashing slash attack, but she had a number of command throws which just aren't in SvC; the air kicky thing where she flies down at an angle is an example of one; in the "polysamu" games, that isn't a kick, she just lands on your shoulders and stands there. There are other command throws you do out of it (one where she stabs you in the back, the other where she cuts through your neck). The "flipping kick" thing on the ground which can hit high is her other throw, it was a chain throw where she could snap your neck and then step on yoyr face. She also had some moves where she just flipped around (which you could do the aerial command throw out of) and some odd fake out regulars (one where she acts like she's hopping backwards, but then she slides forward and stabs) but I GUESS I can see why those were cut from a 2D game (although they still should have been there.)

Phoenix
676th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Fri 14 Jan 03:42post reply

Maybe one of the Japanese speaking cafe members can request Shiki's 3D movesets be brought over to NGBC on the NGBC's Q&A section? Just a thought/request.

Makes me wonder how Asura will play. I have the Samurai Spirits 2 episodes long OAV with Asura fighting against Nako and Haoh. (most annoying Rimu voice ever hehe =P) And if that's how Asura plays then hot dam... I saw that one lance coming out of the ground move in the trailer too. Oh and the arrow move.

Red Falcon
5324th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Fri 14 Jan 03:59post reply

quote:
And if that's how Asura plays then hot dam... I saw that one lance coming out of the ground move in the trailer too. Oh and the arrow move.

Asura morphs his sword in to other weapons.. for example, a huge scythe, a battle axe, a bow, that "lance that pops out of the ground", etc. He has a fun counter move where he turns it in to a shield, and when you hit him, a bunch of long spikes pop out of it and impale the opponent.

Toxico
4001th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Fri 14 Jan 05:14:post reply

quote:

Asura morphs his sword in to other weapons..

There where 7 weapons in total, right?

Well, I agree with Iggy in all off his points (in fact he beat me to it, I did a similar post in Orochinagi once).

If anyone has problems with throwing when getting the DM in supisupe they should input QCF~N + CD, THAT the makes the magic.

Also I think that they shouldn't re-use many characters, so then in 5 months we can get a supisupe2. XD

Also Rid, Naruto & Iggy, thanks for the congrats on the 4k mark and the obscene ugly toy pic XD

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 14 Jan 05:17]

Phoenix
678th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Fri 14 Jan 06:25:post reply

Ah thanks, so it looks like he has most of the moves shown in the OAVs. I also seem to remember some sort of chain them up move...must be his super. Oh, and I forgot to congratulate Toxico for 4k. Maybe they can give Shiki some more Makie-like moves while they're at it.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Fri 14 Jan 06:30]

Baines
20th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Fri 14 Jan 10:19post reply

quote:

I'm just waiting to hear someone say how they were killed or killed someone with just one hit in a SS game. My quickest kill use to be with Genjuro with 3 hits in SS 2.

Now it's Mizuki in Special with a mere 2 hits.

Don't remember the number of hits, just the number of separate moves (which is what really matters).

(2 moves) SS2 Genjuro standing AB for ~60% plus chance of dizzy, followed by standing AB if the dizzy happened. You deserved that damage if you were actually hit by the move. I've done it and seen it done.

(1 move) SS3 Amakusa 100% special. Lost to this one once, and have seen it done to someone else. Didn't bother me, I earned that loss. It isn't easy to get, and is less annoying that lower damage things that some other characters can do.

(2 grabs) SS1 Nakoruru unarmed AB throw. The mashing throws didn't have damage caps, and Nak could get at least 50%. (SS2 cut damage for humans, making it much less effective.) I'd lose my weapon on purpose to land it, particularly since many people thought unarmed meant "harmless" and would open themselves.

(1 grab or was it the special?) Seen CPU Gen-An get 90% on his wannabe-blender throw, and another player said he'd seen the CPU get 100%. Humans couldn't get that kind of damage.

But that was what the game was about. Knowing how to play made a big difference, but it wasn't a matter of knowing the best 4 to 20 move combo strings. It was knowing the individual moves, and realizing that any opponent could turn a match around if you relaxed too much.

Toxico
4002th Post

"Big damage on SS game??" , posted Fri 14 Jan 11:47:post reply

Well, since I'm hardcore enough I have seen many of them.

SS 2 -> Haohmaru's standing AB 95% damage against CPU galford, against human I have made somthing like 70% damage.

Notes -> Haouhmaru slash has several damage output but it depends on the 'distance', when the enemy in the perfect distance you see the miracle happens; sounds easy but it is not. At worst distance the attack does 1% damage and leaves you open.

SS 4 -> Sogetsu, throw the enemy with back + C, far standing C, B, DM -> 75% damage.

Notes -> Issues like this is what makes Korin an awful game, by throwing the enemy you can from 50% damage to 100% damage with many characters.

others:
Jubei cornered, throw the enemy at your back, close standing C, crouching B, Qcf + A, up + C. -> more than 40% damage.
- The set up sounds weird, but since the enemy is trying to escape the corner you'll see this happen, a lot.

Sogetsu MAX pow bar, then do upc + slash in a bloquing enemy then repeat until they drop dead, adjust yourself to the distance and you can wack them. If the enemy gets hits by the move you can continue the infinite.

- Yes, an infinite with the enemy blocking, the only way of escaping is that sogetsu doesn't do the move at all. One of the reasons of why sogetsu is among the 2 more powerful characters of the game.

I won't bother with the combos, but others character with infinite combos are:

Shizumaru, Genjuro, Nakoruru.

Characters with 'seudo' infinites strategies cheap damagee/pressure tactics are:

Kyoshiro, Tam Tam, Hanzo, Galford, Haohmaru, Kazuki and more than I would care to remember. ;P

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 14 Jan 12:12]

Mosquiton
1489th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Fri 14 Jan 13:20post reply

quote:
And if that's how Asura plays then hot dam... I saw that one lance coming out of the ground move in the trailer too. Oh and the arrow move.
Asura morphs his sword in to other weapons.. for example, a huge scythe, a battle axe, a bow, that "lance that pops out of the ground", etc. He has a fun counter move where he turns it in to a shield, and when you hit him, a bunch of long spikes pop out of it and impale the opponent.

Yeah, I'm super-psyched about playing Asura... I would hate it if he turned into something like CvS2 Kyosuke being a completely new character and all, but that probably isn't likely.

/ / /

YeldellGW
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Fri 14 Jan 16:18post reply

quote:
And IMO it suck!!! I'm more for the forward+button it's 100 time easier, SFZ3 and SF3rd are the only games were I extremely rarely use thrown, because of this.
when in some game like KOF, MOTW it's so easy to make...

Depends on the game. In Chaos, the 2 buttons throws weren't too bad until you come across Dragon Punch wins against everything Violent Ken and company (Especially when you're cornered.)

For the most part it's just another idea that makes landing throws harder (Not that some of us could land them that easily in the first place.). :eyes:

quote:
Also I think that they shouldn't re-use many characters, so then in 5 months we can get a supisupe2. XD

Amen to that. This series is overdue for another SS 3 style roster facelift.

I've been pondering who should stay and who should go for the next game for some time...

Now that I think about it, I do remember to some other insane kills.

SS 1:

My best friend used Haohmaru and I was using Tam Tam and he dazed me with a jumping AB slash, standing AB slash combo. Then he repeated the combo, which resulted in a re-dizzy. Then another re-dizzy. And another...

Cpu Jubei's doulble hit close AB slash on Nako was the same way, as was Hanzo's piledriver.

God! Nako and Tam Tam had such piss poor defense back then.

Thinking back to that, I don't miss dizzies quite so much now.

SS 2:

Cpu Sieger's AB slash after blocking Genjuro's qcf+slash x3 move. Wiped out my life bar (Only had 75% of my life at the time.). Probably the reason why I only do two of the three slashes when I play SS 2 now.

Haohmaru's low AB slash, super secret move (Thank god for the invincible angry animation.).

SS 3:

Just check Personna's combo vid. About the only thing missing from it were Slash Haohmaru's infinite and Shizumaru's cross up combo involving his POW Special.

Between the new throw and running behind your foe, I don't know which broke the game more.

Oh yeah, can't forget about pre-round positioning. By far the worst addition.

SS 4:

Only thing that comes to mind is Sogetsu's Jumping C slash, ducking C slash combo; which wiped out the top life bar of my best friend's Galford.

SS 5:

I started 2 player game just to check the damage of Haohmaru's hcb, f+AB move and it completely killed the 2nd player.

But I don't think that really should count considering it wasn't an actual game that was played.

SS 5S:

Mizuki's low AB slash and ground portal move on Jubei (I think.)

Cpu Haohmaru repels an slash and counters with hcb, f+AB (Somehow, something tells me I got royally screwed on that one.).

And for the WTF department:

One AB slash and he's completely enraged Enja...

quote:
(2 grabs) SS1 Nakoruru unarmed AB throw. The mashing throws didn't have damage caps, and Nak could get at least 50%. (SS2 cut damage for humans, making it much less effective.) I'd lose my weapon on purpose to land it, particularly since many people thought unarmed meant "harmless" and would open themselves

Forgot about Nako's old punch hold. Use to use that one myself back in the day.

quote:
(1 grab or was it the special?) Seen CPU Gen-An get 90% on his wannabe-blender throw, and another player said he'd seen the CPU get 100%. Humans couldn't get that kind of damage.

Don't remind me. It's the whole reason I hated that freak; along with his jumping B and AB slashes where he does a circular slash. I don't think I ever got a hit through those.

Red Falcon
5325th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Fri 14 Jan 16:24post reply

quote:

One AB slash and he's completely enraged Enja...
I don't really consider this "WTF"... every chara's meter fills at different rates, and Enja is shitty enough as it is, he needs at least A bone (not like his super really is one, anyway...)

Oh, and because of all of this Asura talk, I might make a few new vids with him. Stay tuned!

Iggy
5490th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Fri 14 Jan 17:27post reply

About infinites and bugs, I remember this amusing infinite of Genjurô in Musôken where you made a move (standing AB?) cancelecd with concentration, then back into the move... Eh.
Also, SS0's unarmed Jubei was one of the strongest opponents in the game. His counter could wipe our more than 80% of your life (but it was a bug).
quote:
every chara's meter fills at different rates, and Enja is shitty enough as it is, he needs at least A bone (not like his super really is one, anyway...)
plus it fits with his personality. I think Kazuki filled at a 300% rate and Enja at a 600% ? Or maybe Kazuki 180% (the maximum of anyone except those two) and Enja 300%. Either way, the difference with the rest in so great it's funny.

DAMN ! I want a Supisupe mook.
quote:
Oh, and because of all of this Asura talk, I might make a few new vids with him. Stay tuned!

Hooray !!!

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Shin_ATproof
1129th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(8):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Tue 18 Jan 04:57post reply

Ya know if they just take the engine of SamshoZSP and just update the roster/graphics, I'd be happy with just that. Seriously.
Special is freak'n gaming bliss. It just has a natural feel, and its easier to combo in that game than the others...
Personally I think SNKP should just drop the story and just make something new out of the series. I'm having a hardtime imagining no Yoshitora or Yunfei and I don't want continuity to be the reason they aren't there...I still miss Chamcham and Nicotine.

Damn it, I want a mook for Special, NOW.

Sí mon con langosta y camarón

YeldellGW
435th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Wed 19 Jan 15:35post reply

quote:

One AB slash and he's completely enraged Enja... I don't really consider this "WTF"... every chara's meter fills at different rates, and Enja is shitty enough as it is, he needs at least A bone (not like his super really is one, anyway...)

Meh! Never really noticed til recently. Special didn't get much playtime after I got it. Got tired of the only attacks I was allowed to do without getting repeled damn near everytime being weak as hell kicks.

quote:

Ya know if they just take the engine of SamshoZSP and just update the roster/graphics, I'd be happy with just that. Seriously.
Special is freak'n gaming bliss. It just has a natural feel, and its easier to combo in that game than the others...
Personally I think SNKP should just drop the story and just make something new out of the series. I'm having a hardtime imagining no Yoshitora or Yunfei and I don't want continuity to be the reason they aren't there...I still miss Chamcham and Nicotine.

Personally, I'd rather Samurai Spirits not become another King of Rehashed Fighters (Despite that it is now; so to speak.), like KOF or any Capcom fighter that has SF 2 characters present.

Rosters are always going to change. I'll be the 1st to complain about dropping characters I like or keeping ones I hate.

But I'll get over it and find new favorites to like and new characters/styles to dislike.

Iggy
5502th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Wed 19 Jan 17:19post reply

quote:
But I'll get over it and find new favorites to like and new characters/styles to dislike.

I guess foreign characters like Charolette and Tamtam will be the first ones to leave... I don't care for Hahaan, but I like Tamtam in Supisupe. One on the left, one on the right... As long as the game is good, I'l always find characters to like and characters to mourn about.
On the other hand, if only Galford could DIE and never come back, I would love it. Too bad it's never going to happen because of Hanzô.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Nate
412th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 20 Jan 02:57post reply

quote:
I guess foreign characters like Charolette and Tamtam will be the first ones to leave... I don't care for Hahaan, but I like Tamtam in Supisupe. One on the left, one on the right... As long as the game is good, I'l always find characters to like and characters to mourn about.
On the other hand, if only Galford could DIE and never come back, I would love it. Too bad it's never going to happen because of Hanzô.

Hahaan definitely deserves a spot over Galford. I don't find her to be a horrible stereotype and her fighting style's fun, so why get rid of her? The again, I suppose fundamentally she isn't too different than most characters. Maybe a little more centered on poking and getting the opponent at a range where she can hit but they can't.

Why exactly is Galford popular? He's so boring to play as.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Iggy
5513th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 20 Jan 03:11post reply

quote:
Hahaan definitely deserves a spot over Galford. I don't find her to be a horrible stereotype and her fighting style's fun, so why get rid of her?

Well, since she was fired twice (in Musôken then in Polysamu), I guess they think she doesn't belong to the universe anymore(more Japan-centered). Same for Tamtam and Chamcham ? I don't know, really.
I don't really like Charlotte because of the poking... I have trouble to see exactly where her moves hit, she has extremely strong normals but for some reason it doesn't come clear to me...
On the other hand, the game is so full of lovable characters I don't really try hard with her.

quote:
Why exactly is Galford popular? He's so boring to play as.

I don't think he is. It's really only all the "one character model- two characters" with Hanzô, I think. I mean, in SS0, they made his weaker than his DOG. His zetsumei ôgi is nearly a joke in this aspect.
Plus, his aborted love story with Nako makes me think even the original creators didn't like him that much.
I kinda liked the rasetsu version, though...

Another character I find boring as hell is Jubei. I hope they won't port him over in SSAW.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Nate
413th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 20 Jan 03:25post reply

quote:

Well, since she was fired twice (in Musôken then in Polysamu), I guess they think she doesn't belong to the universe anymore(more Japan-centered). Same for Tamtam and Chamcham ? I don't know, really.
I don't really like Charlotte because of the poking... I have trouble to see exactly where her moves hit, she has extremely strong normals but for some reason it doesn't come clear to me...
On the other hand, the game is so full of lovable characters I don't really try hard with her.

They put her in one of the NGPC games based on the PolySamu games, at least. But yes, I suppose she just doesn't fit anymore. They threw out all the non-Japanese characters after Jigokuhen. Pretty much anyone who didn't use some kind of blade, too. Gaira being the exception to that rule. Bastards. I WANT MY HAHAAN.
quote:

I don't think he is. It's really only all the "one character model- two characters" with Hanzô, I think. I mean, in SS0, they made his weaker than his DOG. His zetsumei ôgi is nearly a joke in this aspect.
Plus, his aborted love story with Nako makes me think even the original creators didn't like him that much.
I kinda liked the rasetsu version, though...

Didn't his bukitobashi (is that the word? I forget) in PolySamu also have him only able to cheer Poppy on while the attack hit? His Rasetsu version was much cooler, if only because he didn't have to rely on Poppy.
quote:

Another character I find boring as hell is Jubei. I hope they won't port him over in SSAW.

Jubei's Rasetsu version in Kourin was pretty good, if maybe a little too damaging with the counters...not that they were easy to time all the time. He's pretty boring overall, though, yes. Plus, you can block in between some of his double hit normals. What's the point of that? It hurts him.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Red Falcon
5345th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 20 Jan 13:20post reply

quote:
Didn't his bukitobashi (is that the word? I forget) in PolySamu also have him only able to cheer Poppy on while the attack hit?
Yes, and it was hella easy to avoid. He could FEED POPPY to INCREASE HER STRENGTH, though. WOW. I don't think he even had plasma blade (not like I ever use him, I'm another member of the "Galford is a waste of character space" club.)

Shin_ATproof
1132th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(8):Re(10):Rumor : SS AW" , posted Thu 20 Jan 13:29post reply

quote:
Personally, I'd rather Samurai Spirits not become another King of Rehashed Fighters (Despite that it is now; so to speak.), like KOF or any Capcom fighter that has SF 2 characters present.

Rosters are always going to change. I'll be the 1st to complain about dropping characters I like or keeping ones I hate.

See heres the thing. Why change everything just for the sake of being different? The engine in SamshoZSP is already great, why mess up a good thing by making drastic changes to the gameplay and character roster? Makes no sense to me. Don't get me wrong though, I would like to see some more stuff added into the game...especially allowing characters more than one super and I would like them to make Galford, I dunno, good!? God he doesn't do any good damage on his own anymore...[sigh] I wish I could use Bust version Galford again....

Sí mon con langosta y camarón