Replies:

vava
29th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Game Republic +1" , posted Mon 10 Jan 10:51post reply

quote:
Takenaka Naoto joins Okamoto's team.

He is the "event director" of Monster Hunter G and Demento. Uuuugh ?

He is Yoshinori Takenaka (aka BAMBOO), the last Capcom game he worked was MM X CM as director :)

Mosquiton
1476th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Game Republic +1" , posted Mon 10 Jan 13:23post reply

quote:
Takenaka Naoto joins Okamoto's team.

He is the "event director" of Monster Hunter G and Demento. Uuuugh ?

He is Yoshinori Takenaka (aka BAMBOO), the last Capcom game he worked was MM X CM as director :)

Seems like a respectable guy...

I wonder when we'll hear the first 'major' announcement out of these guys. And Mist Walker, for that matter. At least it's something to look forward to.

/ / /

Iggy
5429th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Game Republic +1" , posted Mon 10 Jan 19:17post reply

quote:

Critical hit !
Stupid me.

vava
30th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Game Republic +1" , posted Mon 10 Jan 22:21post reply

Anyway, Okamoto is getting all the mediocre staff from Capcom (this is good!).... first, the horrible Capcom Nagoya Studio(Heavy Metal), and now this old guy Takenaka (he was good something about 10 years ago, just like Funamizu and Okamoto) xD

Mosquiton
1478th Post

"Re(4):Game Republic +1" , posted Mon 10 Jan 23:13:post reply

quote:
Anyway, Okamoto is getting all the mediocre staff from Capcom (this is good!).... first, the horrible Capcom Nagoya Studio(Heavy Metal), and now this old guy Takenaka (he was good something about 10 years ago, just like Funamizu and Okamoto) xD

Hah, that's a funny way of looking at it...

I guess I have to admit that my favorite Capcom staff are at Clover Studio and not Game Republic... recently I think of Okamoto in the context of Card Fighters Clash, as a crazy old man ranting about the old days. Still, you never know what a specific combination of talent could yield. Maybe something mediocre, maybe something good. Genji seems like it could go either way... it should be at least as good as Shadow of Rome, though. Which is pretty decent, really.

I want my own development studio damnit... I already have two titles ready to start production. :/

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Mon 10 Jan 23:18]

highlandcattle
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Game Republic +1" , posted Mon 10 Jan 23:24post reply

quote:

I guess I have to admit that my favorite Capcom staff are at Clover Studio and not Game Republic... recently I think of Okamoto in the context of Card Fighters Clash, as a crazy old man ranting about the old days. Still, you never know what a specific combination of talent could yield. Maybe something mediocre, maybe something good. Genji seems like it could go either way... it should be at least as good as Shadow of Rome, though. Which is pretty decent, really.

I want my own development studio damnit... I already have two titles ready to start production. :/

You know a game isn't always bad due to the developpement team most of the time it's because they have deadline or are being underpaid and don't feel like putting in their best effort.
You should read articles in Edge about development "hell" it's a real eye opener.Some guys where locked in for the night by their boss so they would continue working one broke his leg trying to escape through a window on bubblewrap

Now Playing::Shikigami no Shiro 2Viewtiful Joe
Awaiting:Kururin SquashAlien HominidVj2

Iggy
5436th Post

"Re(6):Game Republic +1" , posted Tue 11 Jan 00:51post reply

quote:
You should read articles in Edge about development "hell" it's a real eye opener.Some guys where locked in for the night by their boss so they would continue working one broke his leg trying to escape through a window on bubblewrap

It depends on the boss.
I can imagine a glas no kamen-like psycho who tortures everyone, but it's for their own good because the boss knows the genius the programmers have inside them.
And he would have half of his face covered with hairs or a mask, because when he was a young programmer himself, he was so brilliant even the computer couldn't follow his talent and exploded, taking his beauty and fingers away.
I can already see scenes where the promising young guy is going to take his cup of coffee, but - Oh no ! The coffee is too hot and he's going to burn his hand ! Then the boss jumps out from nowhere and takes the boiling coffee on his face, because "for a programmer, his fingers are everything... you have to be more careful about..."(faints). And everybody cries.
And the boss would begin to spit blood and have heart attacks at each deadline.

Yeahh.... It's the perfect script for a Shônen Ace hit.

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。
愛しいXXX先生は君を愛弟子として愛するがゆえの厳しさよ」だって。

highlandcattle
22th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):Game Republic +1" , posted Tue 11 Jan 01:42post reply

quote:

iggy

Yes but then the genius coder gets arrogant and start acting like he owns the place and that they would be nothing without him so the boss has to crush his sweet hand.

exodus
2355th Post

"Re(8):Game Republic +1" , posted Tue 11 Jan 01:55post reply

ok, so is this guy's name naoto or yoshi?

I need to know, cause I reported it. I suck at reading names, so please confirm.

Iggy
5440th Post

"Re(8):Game Republic +1" , posted Tue 11 Jan 01:56post reply

quote:
Yes but then the genius coder gets arrogant and start acting like he owns the place and that they would be nothing without him so the boss has to crush his sweet hand.

But it would also be for his own good, because now the genius would learn to code with his feet, and he would be even more brilliant !

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

highlandcattle
23th Post

New Customer

"Re(9):Game Republic +1" , posted Tue 11 Jan 02:24post reply

quote:

But it would also be for his own good, because now the genius would learn to code with his feet, and he would be even more brilliant !

and embark on strange sexual adventures!

(asuming he doesn't have a gf)

Nate
402th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):Game Republic +1" , posted Tue 11 Jan 02:54post reply

quote:

and embark on strange sexual adventures!

(asuming he doesn't have a gf)

Nonononono, the sexual adventures would all be in the name of training. An older female programmer would show him "the way" by having him grab her breasts and telling him to code something. Follow that with shocked expressions from our protagonists and him eventually learning something from such a ridiculous training scenario.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Iggy
5443th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Game Republic +1" , posted Tue 11 Jan 03:10post reply

quote:
Nonononono, the sexual adventures would all be in the name of training. An older female programmer would show him "the way" by having him grab her breasts and telling him to code something. Follow that with shocked expressions from our protagonists and him eventually learning something from such a ridiculous training scenario.

"You can't work on DoA if you don't know the inner physics of silicon breasts ! Study ! Study more !"

「とにかく、それは愛のムチよ。

Mosquiton
1480th Post

"Re(6):Game Republic +1" , posted Tue 11 Jan 04:06:post reply

quote:

You know a game isn't always bad due to the developpement team most of the time it's because they have deadline or are being underpaid and don't feel like putting in their best effort.

I seem to remember you from the IC forums. But yeah, I'm aware of the various trials and tribulations of development... but I don't think that something like Ico (for example)could be produced by any dev team if they were given great work conditions and a generous time frame. A lot of it obviously depends on the people involved and how they work together.

Interesting tangent this started though... gotta love the boss taking boiling coffee in the face.

!Edited! for the reason that the post read exactly the opposite way I wanted it to.

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Tue 11 Jan 04:07]