Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1660 Views )

DarkZero
1024th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade" , posted Wed 5 Jan 19:14post reply

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade

All PSP vs. DS flame wars aside, I have to say that I always find launches amusing. Look at this game. It looks like a bargain bin DOS game from 1992, it has the artistic sensibility of a cinder block, and it sounds almost as exciting as installing floor tile (FOUR character classes! TWO genders! Random dungeons, with NO uncessary "plot", "scripting", "planning" or "game design"!!!), but the important thing is, it's DONE, or at least it will be for launch time.

Imagine the look on a child's face as he opens a perfect wrapped present with a PSP and a shiny new game inside. Now imagine the look on that child's face when he turns it on and sees those screenshots in action.

Replies:

Pollyanna
730th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blad" , posted Wed 5 Jan 19:21post reply

That's ugly enough to make me cry.
Buuuut...I can say that about most American games. I guess this one is ugly enough to make me cry BLOOD.

But you know, on the off chance that the gameplay was really fun, it might be worthwhile with friends.

Yeahyeah...I know...fat chance.

DarkZero
1025th Post

"Re(2):Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blad" , posted Wed 5 Jan 19:30post reply

quote:

But you know, on the off chance that the gameplay was really fun, it might be worthwhile with friends.

It's that kind of twisted thinking that caused poor, unsuspecting early adopters to buy this work of gaming horror.

Ammadeau
1254th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blad" , posted Wed 5 Jan 21:27post reply

I was just recently going through the used games lists on online stores looking for really cheap stuff and realized that at least 70% of console releases are complete shit anyway, but they are either games people never heard of in the first place or are forgotten three seconds after release.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

beto
771th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blad" , posted Wed 5 Jan 22:47post reply

Looks better than the Jump All Stars game and the new Castlevania.

Siegfried
426th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blad" , posted Thu 6 Jan 05:28post reply

quote:

Eh, no. I hope that was sarcasm.

Anyway, I might get it if it has really good customizability, but the character/class concepts look horrible. A decent BG:DA clone doesn't really need good artwork anyway, since you'll be so far away all the time. But so far, this looks like Everquest for PS2...

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/

Shingo The One
338th Post

Bronze Customer

"Hey Siegfried, about your site" , posted Thu 6 Jan 05:45post reply

quote:

Eh, no. I hope that was sarcasm.

Anyway, I might get it if it has really good customizability, but the character/class concepts look horrible. A decent BG:DA clone doesn't really need good artwork anyway, since you'll be so far away all the time. But so far, this looks like Everquest for PS2...

Hey Siegfried, I am such a fan of your site Fighter Mania.I wonder if you settled your computer problems which have stopped you from updating your site more frequently.But at least, the fighter birthday calender is a nice touch.Keep up the great work and see you around.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Siegfried
427th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Hey Siegfried, about your site" , posted Thu 6 Jan 08:30post reply

Not really... it's something with my stupid ISP (the university) which blocks random sites as well as my FTP space (which is on the university servers...).

I've been home during the holidays but I haven't been able to work on the site here.

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/

sabo10
1071th Post

"Re(5):Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blad" , posted Thu 6 Jan 08:44:post reply

quote:

Ω<あやまれ!

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Thu 6 Jan 08:48]

Mosquiton
1474th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blad" , posted Thu 6 Jan 14:57post reply

quote:

... the character/class concepts look horrible.

Really, dear god. It looks like two guys with swords and two guys with sticks. What the hell? It's got less variety than the original Gauntlet.

Looks like complete crap to me... I was pretty shocked considering where it's coming from.

/ / /

Shingo The One
339th Post

Bronze Customer

"Hey Siegfried, keep it up" , posted Thu 6 Jan 15:25post reply

quote:
Not really... it's something with my stupid ISP (the university) which blocks random sites as well as my FTP space (which is on the university servers...).

I've been home during the holidays but I haven't been able to work on the site here.

I see. Well, just keep the site alive and keep it in check(both in updates and in general). You never know when someone might bug your site with a virus and delete all the hard work you had to endure to make a great site like yours. Keep it up. Later.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Iggy
5375th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(6):Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blad" , posted Thu 6 Jan 19:12post reply

quote:
Ω<あやまれ!

,-ー;‐‐-;、
  li⌒ー⌒i:::l  
  [亘,^亘〉p   <謝ってあげません
  ヽ.ー‐' ,イj
  _,.ト`二ン'ヽ,_

Ishmael
1759th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blad" , posted Fri 7 Jan 01:12post reply

quote:

Perhaps the game itself is wildly fun to play but when the first page of the preview features a guy attacking a couple of birds with what appears to be a cricket bat it doesn't make me anxious to try it and find out.

On the second page of the preview there's a shot of a scorpion with what appears to be the head of a dog. What the heck kind of monster is that?

exodus
2350th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blad" , posted Fri 7 Jan 04:11post reply

quote:

looks better than your mom!

OH SNAP!
OH NO HE DI'INT!