Original Metal Gear question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1750 Views )

Sensenic
1271th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Original Metal Gear question" , posted Tue 4 Jan 07:45:post reply

To Red Falcon, or whoever that has finished the original old Metal Gears (the Japanese version, I mean):

In MGS it says that Big Boss told Snake he was his father after being defeated, at the end of MG2. I played thru' it a while ago (I had my "ugliest Snake evar" av) and there's no trace of that. Could it be that that comment was in the original and for whatever the reason they avoided that in the translation? Or that it was actually mentioned at the end of the first, not the second?

Or did they just make that up for the sequel?

EDIT: Red Falcon

Nikochan dono.

Nihon mo ingenmame wo tsukurimasu Jan

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Tue 4 Jan 07:50]

Replies:

Red Falcon
5300th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Tue 4 Jan 12:43post reply

Yeah, there was a psuedo-"dramatic" scene (as dramatic as this sort of thing could be considering the hardware) where Big Boss mentions it, but it isn't all that long. Are you sure you were Playing Metal Gear Solid Snake, and not.... Snake's Revenge? (Hope I don't offend you asking that, haw haw)

Best site EVER: Link Here

crazymike
1056th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Tue 4 Jan 14:21post reply

LOL the funny is that whole thing was probably put in to give it a Star Wars-esque "Luke, I am your father!" feel to it.

Red Falcon
5301th Post

"Re(3):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Tue 4 Jan 14:27post reply

quote:
LOL the funny is that whole thing was probably put in to give it a Star Wars-esque "Luke, I am your father!" feel to it.

Of course, the series is heavily influenced by cinema (and it was even more obvious in those days... notice my avatar. That's Big Boss.)

crazymike
1057th Post

"Re(4):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Tue 4 Jan 14:45post reply

quote:

Of course, the series is heavily influenced by cinema (and it was even more obvious in those days... notice my avatar. That's Big Boss.)

Oh yea, forgot the Connery similarities.

DarkZero
1019th Post

"Re(5):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Tue 4 Jan 15:16post reply

quote:

Oh yea, forgot the Connery similarities.

So after Snake Eater's James Bond opening, does that mean that:

Old Big Boss = Old Sean Connery
Young Big Boss = Young Sean Connery

Sensenic
1272th Post

"Re(2):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Wed 5 Jan 07:05post reply

quote:
Are you sure you were Playing Metal Gear Solid Snake, and not.... Snake's Revenge? (Hope I don't offend you asking that, haw haw)

Certain questions should not be asked...
quote:
Yeah, there was a psuedo-"dramatic" scene (as dramatic as this sort of thing could be considering the hardware) where Big Boss mentions it, but it isn't all that long.

When/where was it?
MG, MG2, before defeating him, after?

Ugliest Solid Snake Evar

D`Cloud
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Fri 7 Jan 04:14post reply

quote:
Are you sure you were Playing Metal Gear Solid Snake, and not.... Snake's Revenge? (Hope I don't offend you asking that, haw haw)
Certain questions should not be asked...
Yeah, there was a psuedo-"dramatic" scene (as dramatic as this sort of thing could be considering the hardware) where Big Boss mentions it, but it isn't all that long.
When/where was it?

correct me if im wrong but i believe snake only knew big boss was his father on mgs1 not on mg or mg2. Liquid told solid for the first time in mgs that they were clones and they were the sons of big boss.

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Toxico
3992th Post

"Re(4):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Fri 7 Jan 04:24post reply

quote:
correct me if im wrong but i believe snake only knew big boss was his father on mgs1 not on mg or mg2. Liquid told solid for the first time in mgs that they were clones and they were the sons of big boss.

Perhaps I was drunk at the time or something, but I think that this subject comes up at the beggining of MS2 sons of liberty... Aside from the pirate NES game it-s the only one I know something off XD

See??? He is a God...

Sensenic
1273th Post

"Re(4):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Sun 9 Jan 06:33post reply

quote:

No. Snake mentions it at some point (don't remember when): He tells Naomi that Big Boss told him he was his father.
I was just asking Red Falcon if that did happen at all because I've played through the English version of MG2 and there's no trace of it.

They could've made it up for MGS, most certainly, but Red Falcon says it was there, and I was asking when is it.

Yo, RF! You there?

Nikochan dono.

Red Falcon
5308th Post

"Re(5):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Sun 9 Jan 07:08post reply

quote:

Yo, RF! You there?

I'm pretty confident it's in MG Solid Snake. It's been a long time, but I'm 90% sure there is a short dialogue where Boss mentions it (he certainly doesn't in the first one.) I'd check for you, but all of 3 of my MSX games still work (Mon Mon Monster, Space Manbow, and King's Tomb 3).

D`Cloud
103th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Sun 9 Jan 17:24post reply

quote:

No. Snake mentions it at some point (don't remember when): He tells Naomi that Big Boss told him he was his father.
I was just asking Red Falcon if that did happen at all because I've played through the English version of MG2 and there's no trace of it.

They could've made it up for MGS, most certainly, but Red Falcon says it was there, and I was asking when is it.

Yo, RF! You there?

i checked out the text dump on the mg & mg2 rom.. nope. none.

although i checkd mgs1, ur ryt though about snake telling naomi.

Where Life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live.
the empty room

Red Falcon
5313th Post

"Re(6):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Sun 9 Jan 17:33:post reply

quote:
Yo, RF! You there?

Absolutely sure? And did you actually check MG Solid Snake or "Metal Gear 2"? If you didn't get the games confused, I suppose I could be mistaken considering I haven't played MG Solid Snake in ...7 years?

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Sun 9 Jan 17:37]

D`Cloud
104th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Original Metal Gear question" , posted Sun 9 Jan 21:01post reply

quote:
Yo, RF! You there?
Absolutely sure? And did you actually check MG Solid Snake or "Metal Gear 2"? If you didn't get the games confused, I suppose I could be mistaken considering I haven't played MG Solid Snake in ...7 years?

no, no. i didnt get it confused with any other mg2..

perhaps hideo changed it. same way he changed big boss losing his eye in the 80's to the 60s

the empty room