Udon's Street Fighter Artbook - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4070 Views )

Radish
2851th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Mon 3 Jan 11:37post reply

Hey I was planning on picking this up at the place I work, but we haven't gotten it in and it's like 2 months late. Did we just miss out? I haven't heard anything and Previews hasn't mentioned it in a while either so I'm fearing it's been canceled or it was only released to a select few stores.

Replies:

beto
769th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Mon 3 Jan 11:40post reply

Itīs out in some stores. Most stores are only getting it this week, though.

Radish
2852th Post

"Re(2):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Mon 3 Jan 11:43post reply

quote:
Itīs out in some stores. Most stores are only getting it this week, though.

Ok cool, they so are we I would assume. I made a bet with someone about Poison's "secret" and I'm hoping that it's in there.

Thanks!

beto
771th Post

"US Versions = Shit" , posted Mon 3 Jan 13:03:post reply

Someone at Udon said the endings in it are the US versions, so iīm wondering if the profiles are direct translations or adapted to match the english changes.

I donīt know if Poisonīs mentioned, but if he is, who knows how theyīll handle it in the US version.

[this message was edited by beto on Mon 3 Jan 13:13]

Siegfried
425th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):US Versions = Shit" , posted Mon 3 Jan 19:18post reply

According to Udon people at Shoryuken, it's a direct translation with notes. Here's hoping.

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/

Lupin
2826th Post

"Re(2):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Fri 7 Jan 19:02:post reply

quote:
According to Udon people at Shoryuken, it's a direct translation with notes. Here's hoping.

I ordered the Japanese one already, but I'll still check it out.

[this message was edited by Lupin on Fri 7 Jan 19:10]

threesixtee
829th Post

"Re(3):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Sat 8 Jan 01:40post reply

quote:

{/SIGH}

back over the summer, I think was when this was announced right? something about a limited summer release around the time of comicon? well, when I read all that, I went straight to my local comic shop to order it.

... last month I got it. it was the wrong copy... in japanese, but since it was a small local comic stand, I couldn't just not buy it... so its sitting on my shelf, never even looked at it. then I WAS going to sell it so I could buy the UDON one, but I guess I sat on that too long. {/needless bitching and moaning}

Lupin
2827th Post

"Re(4):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Sat 8 Jan 08:18post reply

quote:

{/SIGH}

back over the summer, I think was when this was announced right? something about a limited summer release around the time of comicon? well, when I read all that, I went straight to my local comic shop to order it.

... last month I got it. it was the wrong copy... in japanese, but since it was a small local comic stand, I couldn't just not buy it... so its sitting on my shelf, never even looked at it. then I WAS going to sell it so I could buy the UDON one, but I guess I sat on that too long. {/needless bitching and moaning}

You could probably still sell it.

Luisinan
1002th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(5):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Sat 8 Jan 17:55post reply

So is this book released or not? I haven't seen it in the Diamond weekly release lists and I pre-ordered my through my comic book shop too. I really want this book!

Udon mentioned that part of the profits from this book and 3 other Udon comics are gonna go to disaster relief victims.

Bored? "160"

Radish
2854th Post

"Re(6):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Mon 10 Jan 07:42post reply

quote:
So is this book released or not? I haven't seen it in the Diamond weekly release lists and I pre-ordered my through my comic book shop too. I really want this book!

Udon mentioned that part of the profits from this book and 3 other Udon comics are gonna go to disaster relief victims.

Not sure this book is a mystery wrapped in an enigma on the eyelid of a sleeping whale. We're SUPOOSED to be getting it in this wek but that's been the case for the last 2 months where we've had to delay it a week every Wednesday. It's become a running joke with the 2 other people I know who want it.

GekigangerV
1035th Post

"Re(7):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Tue 11 Jan 07:04post reply

quote:

Not sure this book is a mystery wrapped in an enigma on the eyelid of a sleeping whale. We're SUPOOSED to be getting it in this wek but that's been the case for the last 2 months where we've had to delay it a week every Wednesday. It's become a running joke with the 2 other people I know who want it.

The Diamond shipping list has it listed for this week, which is the first time I have ever seen it on that list. Atleast I don't think I have ever seen it on their list. But the guy atthe comic shop said he won't be getting it for a couple of weeks. Hopefully he was wrong and gets it this week.

GekigangerV
1037th Post

"Got it!" , posted Thu 13 Jan 06:14post reply

Got it today and by looking at Cammy's ending it appears they kept the in love with Bison thing.

Sano
1372th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Got it! CAPCOM FANBOY BLISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Thu 13 Jan 10:42:post reply

quote:
Got it today and by looking at Cammy's ending it appears they kept the in love with Bison thing.

That's because they kept the US Versions of the endings as I'm sure your refering to Cammy's ending in the book. But if you read Cammy's story on page 205 it says how she "was created as an experiment grown from his (Bison AKA Vega in Japan) base genetic code." And in her story it mentions nothing about them being lovers. (between this and the last issue of the SF comic, you better watch out for Stefan, he may be on suicide watch...)

I'm still reading but my early verdict is that if you can read Japanese and have the original, there's not too much here unless you are hardcore and want a few more bonuses like pics of lots of SF Merchandise released in the US (more details later) and a San Diego Con Interview of Kinu and Shoei. But if you can't read Japanese like myself this is a must buy for anyone even remotly interested in SF and has $35.99 to spare. Sano drinks coffee, lots more to read as he is in Capcom Fanboy Bliss. An SF History Book released in English! It's like an American Street Fighter fan's dream come true!!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ (and people thought I was annoying before, MWHAHAHA!!!)

[this message was edited by Sano on Thu 13 Jan 10:44]

mbisonhatclub
72th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Got it! CAPCOM FANBOY BLISS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Thu 13 Jan 12:23post reply

Useless

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Sano
1372th Post

"Re(2):Got it! CAPCOM FANBOY BLISS!!!!!!!!!!!!" , posted Thu 13 Jan 13:05post reply

quote:
Useless

Noob

JLG
69th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Thu 13 Jan 13:13post reply

I picked it up today at the comic shop, and it's a pretty nice book. Really nice art, lots and lots of info. It does have all the endeings from every Street Fighter game. It's a nice touch that they didn't cram every version of Street Fighter II into one big section.

I just wish there was more Makoto stuff. Though, realistically, what's in the book is probably all they have. But no connection between Makoto and Ibuki? That special introduction, all for nothing?

Jesus, I hope I'm not turning into a Makoto version of that Stefan guy.

Dr Baghead
3337th Post

"Re(2):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Thu 13 Jan 14:15post reply

quote:
Jesus, I hope I'm not turning into a Makoto version of that Stefan guy.

Let's find out:
-Have you ever taken non-cannon info (Udon comics or other such professional comics not made by Capcom, statements in game magazines based on guess instead of fact, etc.) and made up her storyline based around such?
-Have you ever outright stated Capcom is wrong about their own character's history?
-Do you own a cardboard Makoto standy... that you've made love with?
-Do you ignore large parts of more interesting character's storylines so Makoto seems to the deepest most complex character?
-Do you dispise Alex or Ibuki or Gill for being more popular then Makoto as if Capcom has choosen to promote them more then her in spite of you?
-Have you ever drugged and kidnapped a Makoto cosplayer?
-Have you ever decided you're Makoto's offical spokesman/Makoto MUST be the same political party as you? (seriously, go to Cammyfan and read the updates from around the election he says "Don't hold it againist me or Cammy that I support Bush"... as if Cammy supports him too)

if you answered yes to 50% or more, congradulations! With T.E. no longer posting under either of us names, you're the new Stefan Jr.!

yeah it's not funny

JLG
71th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Thu 13 Jan 14:54post reply

Phew, I can confidently say none of those applies to me.

Though you still have my bad drawings to make fun of.

Magus Darkstar
238th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Udon's Street Fighter Artbook" , posted Thu 13 Jan 15:11post reply

quote:
-Have you ever drugged and kidnapped a Makoto cosplayer?

<<

>>

| Darkstar Okonomiyaki | Mitsuketa! Japanese Lyrics |

Sano
1375th Post

"Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot Guide" , posted Thu 13 Jan 15:31:post reply

I'm still in the middle of reading the book and thus far here are the differences between it and the SF Plot Guide, most of which I'm putting on a Thread so TiamatRoar and others could check out. So far -

The Plot Guide suggests (as a maybe, doesn't outright say)Sakura saw Ryu fight in SF 1. This book states in two different areas that Sakura saw Ryu fight in Tokyo, on the way home from school. And that's the first time she saw him fight, becomes obsessed, and so on.

The Plot Guide used the Relationship chart in the Japanese Version of Eternal to establish that Oro and Gouki(AKA Akuma) fought during the SF3 Series. But in the English Translation it says, "great martial artists who know each other by reputation." Nothing about them fighting each other. A friend is currently checking this out.

The Plot Guide doesn't say what happened in SF2, but the book suggests when they discuss Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li, (as the three mainstays) that after Ken defeated Ryu he married Eliza. That would take Ryu out of the SF2 Tourney allowing Guile or Chun-Li to win (Ken prolly dropping out after his win, much like he dropped out of the SF3 Tourney when Ryu was disqualified, he only enters these tourneys to fight Ryu.) Ryu defeats Ken in SF3 Third Strike anyways so their friendly rivalry remains intact.

Regarding Poison - Since everyone's going to ask, in Hugo's Bio it doesn't mention Poison's sex at all, says "his manager Poison" twice. But, in the section that talks about the games and describes SF3 Second Impact, there's a box with a screen picture of Hugo and Poison that reads, "Hugo's hidden taunt involved the appearance of his partner, Poison. She used her charm to fascinate opponents."

So no, this book has not outed Poison, but Zangief's dislike is still "Beautiful Young Women." Take that as you will.

[this message was edited by Sano on Thu 13 Jan 16:48]

Shin Ramberk
82th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Thu 13 Jan 16:13post reply

Zangief is gay HA I KNEW IT. anything on Eagle though? He was pretty vulgar in CvS2.

I cant wait to pick this up on Saturday!

Go buy the new Warlock series by Marvel. It is good support this title!

Sano
1374th Post

"Re(2):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Thu 13 Jan 16:44post reply

The book doesn't talk about SF1 characters at all, just like the Japanese one.

Oh, and how they escaped the Ansatsuken/Shotokan mess - It doesn't mention either. Fighting styles are not listed.

The Japanese names for all of the characters are listed for those who have different names in Japanese.

A more final verdict - There really isn't too much on story, as in the character's stories are really short (Japanese version is like this too) As for the Art, I had 90% of it before the Japanese Eternal came out and having the Japanese Eternal well, it's not a big draw, IE for art, Capcom Desing Works, Illustration and Early Days own this book in terms of art. The best parts in this book for me are A)The History of the SF Games (They even mention SNK Games and Virtua Fighter among others, Hella interesting) and the Interviews. But it's mostly because I couldn't read it in Japanese. So like I said, if you have the Japanese version and can read it, you night want to skip this one. There are a few 'extras' however, (US SF Merchandising stuff, Kinu/Shoei San Diego Interview) I'm not sure if it would constitute buying this edition if you can read the previous one.

I'll do a side by side comparison of the English and Japanese version when I'm free, first I need sleep...

Lupin
2845th Post

"Re(3):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Thu 13 Jan 17:50post reply

quote:
I'll do a side by side comparison of the English and Japanese version when I'm free

Great!

Sano
1375th Post

"Re(4):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Thu 13 Jan 18:51post reply

quote:
I'll do a side by side comparison of the English and Japanese version when I'm free
Great!

Finally finished reading it, more plot guide stuffs -

It says another reason Juni is so powerful for a Doll is because she analyzed Akuma's(Gouki's) power.

Elena's father was one of the sponsors of the SF3 Tourney.

Twelve is becoming sentient. Golden Dragon of SRK and Gamefaqs told me he read this on another site a while back.

One of the main translators of this book posted on SRk a while ago, he said that they didn't really change much when translating.

OK that's it, now I really need to sleep. Hey, it's not everyday we get a book like this in English. ZZZZZZZZZ....

Lupin
2849th Post

"Re(5):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Thu 13 Jan 20:28post reply

quote:

For me this is one of the main things I use the internet for
quote:

Great!

Finally finished reading it, more plot guide stuffs -

It says another reason Juni is so powerful for a Doll is because she analyzed Akuma's(Gouki's) power.

...?
It makes sense if I block out the way people tend to play him, and stuff...
quote:

...?
quote:

Twelve is becoming sentient. Golden Dragon of SRK and Gamefaqs told me he read this on another site a while back.

Then he can get tatoos maybe
quote:

One of the main translators of this book posted on SRk a while ago, he said that they didn't really change much when translating.

Know who was it? Was a whle ago like when they started this book, or like years ago?
quote:

OK that's it, now I really need to sleep. Hey, it's not everyday we get a book like this in English. ZZZZZZZZZ....

Oh yeah, sleep, good idea.

Ishmael
1773th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Fri 14 Jan 00:01post reply

Thanks for the comparison Sano. It looks like it's off to the bookstore for me this weekend.

Sano
1377th Post

"Re(6):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Fri 14 Jan 02:26:post reply

quote:
Know who was it? Was a whle ago like when they started this book, or like years ago?

It was on December 31 2004, that he said this, his name is Jim Zubkavich. Here's what he said at SRK.

"The text in the book was translated and rewritten so that the english wouldn't sound too stilted. When you read it however, you can tell that it's a translation rather than an originally english-written book and that was a conscious decision we made early on. We preferred keeping the translation intact rather than just bulldozing the text and losing the original intent behind it. It was tougher than I thought it would be and I hope fans appreciate that when they check out the book.

What this all means that the Character Profiles, Interviews and History sections are all translated in full, so you'll finally know what was written in your Japanese version. It's pretty much a sentence for sentence adaption approved by Capcom of Japan.

The Endings section of the book contains the text from the US versions of the games not the Japanese ones, so that's different. The merchandise and box art section also contains US versions rather than the Japanese ones
."

A link to the Thread where the above comes from -

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79534&page=1

I will add however that even the Japanese version of the book is not the greatest for storylines, (AAC books are better) the people left at Capcom nowadays don't care too much about this stuff nowadays, so any problems you come across story related, that's something to pin on Capcom of Japan, (T.Hawk - Juli connection, World Warrior Tournament mentioned in Rolento and R.Mika's Bio, no relationship chart arrow between Ryu and Sagat, what the...) not the translators. (There's some wrong info on the Games history, some looks like typos, some look like Capcom of Japan errors, without being able to read Japanese I can't really point fingers, except for obvious stuff.) It's not really meant to be a huge storyline book anyways since the story descriptions are very brief. Stuff that can be added to the plot guide, that's for TiamatRoar and Saiki to decide what to go with, I just bring it to there attention and that's my small part.

[this message was edited by Sano on Fri 14 Jan 02:32]

Sano
1378th Post

"Fixing the errors in the book" , posted Fri 14 Jan 07:08:post reply

Erik Ko has asked us fans if we notice errors in the book, to contact him at info@undoncomics.com and to address it as 'SFEC Fixes' to tell them about it rather than Post it on a Thread, so out of respect to him when I do a side by side comparison, I'll leave the errors out, E-Mail them to him and stuff.

[this message was edited by Sano on Fri 14 Jan 07:10]

beto
777th Post

"Re(1):Fixing the errors in the book" , posted Fri 14 Jan 08:57post reply

quote:
Erik Ko has asked us fans if we notice errors in the book, to contact him at info@undoncomics.com and to address it as 'SFEC Fixes' to tell them about it rather than Post it on a Thread, so out of respect to him when I do a side by side comparison, I'll leave the errors out, E-Mail them to him and stuff.

He wants the shit to be hidden.

Thatīs so Udon.

Mosquiton
1482th Post

"tattoos" , posted Fri 14 Jan 09:43post reply

quote:

"Twelve is becoming sentient. Golden Dragon of SRK and Gamefaqs told me he read this on another site a while back."

Then he can get tatoos maybe

PN03?

/ / /

Sano
1381th Post

"Compairing the Japanese and US Versions" , posted Fri 14 Jan 13:05:post reply

Here we go.

Japanese Version - It's about 11 1/2 x 8 1/4 inches. It's width is about an inch. It comes with a plastic sleeve that contains all of the text and if you remove it you get to see the cover with no text. The back of this sleeve also has the barcode/isbn info text, and the SF 15th Anniversary logo in color. Without the sleeve, you get the same logo just in grey. Comes with another sleeve that about three inches high that covers the lower portion like many Mangas do, and just advertises the book. It clocks in at 272 pages and has Ikeno's SF2 cover. Reads from right to left, high quality paper.

English Version - About 11 1/4 x 8 1/4 inches. It's width is about half an inch. No sleeves, so text is on the cover. The back features Edayan's SF2 Revival Potraits minus Gouki and advertises the book, like most US Graphic Novels do and has barcode/isbn info, text, and the same grey SF 15th Anniversary Logo. Shinkiro art cover. The quality of the pages in not as high but retains a glossy look like the above. Reads from left to right. Clocks in at 302 pages.

The Japanese version contains a mini brochure that tells you how to get the SF Visa Card that has Ryu and Chun-Li on it. Also on the brochure there's a drawing not in the American version of Guile fighting Ryu.

The beginings of both books
Japanese - An enlarged drawing of Ryu from a pic where he's fighting with Alex (but you don't see Alex here, but the full drawing appears in both books.) No text.

English version shows the Japanese cover, text below the image.

From here on out, to point out the similarities would be ludicrous and take forever so for the most part I'm only going to point out differences. Both have all the same artwork, same history of games, same interviews etc., etc.

Special Illustration Gallery Chapter - The American version adds three drawings Shinkiro did for Studio Udon. 1. Guile and Chun-Li 2. Vega(Cape) and Ryu 3. Doll Cammy and Chun-Li.

All Character Profile Introduction Chapter - The US Version on the side of each page where you turn the page has an orange bar that tells the characters name on the page. This is where it points out the name differences. For example, for Akuma it says 'AKUMA aka GOUKI in Japan' and so forth. Other then that, exactly the same except that the US version does toss in two pages that translate all of the Japanese Moves as to what they mean in english. Examples - 'Hadouken - Wave Motion Strike. Rekka Shinken - Raging Fire Grand Fist' and so on.

All Ending Introduction Chapter - Each version uses their own respective game endings texts for both regions. The US version does translate Gouki's original SF2 Dialog and ending not in the American version of the game. Other than that, the rest are the same as the US versions of the Game.

SF Good's Collection Chapter - Both have the same Chun-Li cold cast statue, the SF credit card again (but shown in diferent areas in both books) then they differ greatly.

Japanese version - The SF Anniversary Gashaphon set of SFZ versions of Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li(SF2 outfit), Doll Cammy, Dhalsim, Sakura, Gouki, Vega(Cape), Sagat and Guile. 2 More Chun-Li models and Chun-Li book ends. The Shinkiro Drawing used for the US version's cover with no text advertised as a lythograph/mat. SF Anniversary shrits that were advertised on the Anniversary website. 4 pages in total for this chapter.

American version - Udon's Chun-Li and Vega(Cape) Busts. The Sota toys of Sodom, Chun-Li, Vega(Cape), Sagat, Ryu, Cammy, Ken, Balrog(Ninja), T.Hawk and Blanka. 2 Chun-Li and 2 Cammy PVC Statues by Yamato. The Resaurus Toys both player versions of Gouki, SFZ Outfit Chun-Li, Necro, Nash, Remy and Sagat. Nuby's SF2 PS2 Controllers of Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Gouki. Ripple Junction's SF2 Shirts of Vega(Cape), Chun-Li, Dhalsim, Zangief and Ryu. The SF 15th Anniversary Arcade Stick. The cover of the Street Fighter Alpha Movie. The Street Fighter Alpha 2 Underground Mixxes CD, the DVDs of the US SF Cartoon, Udon's SF Panoramic All Star Poster (covers 9-12, SFZ and SF2 cast), Madman's Cafe favorite kid in the Vega(cape) outfit, LOL! 4 pages in total also.

Street Fighter Comics & Manga Chapter - Only in the American Version - Cammy's Masahiko Nakahira Manga Compilation cover, Issue one's cover of Malibu's Street Fighter Comic, all 8 covers of Masaomi Kanzaki's SF2 Manga, covers of Udon's SF Issue 1 Cover (every SF Character), Gouki issue zero Cover, Chun-Li Summer Special Cover, Chun-Li, Nash and Guile's issue five cover, Ryu, Gouki and Ken issue 6 cover, the Shinkiro Blockbuster Exclusive Graphic Novel Cover with Ryu and Vega(Cape), Jo Chen's Power Foil Covers of Cammy, Balrog(Ninja) Gouki and Ken. 2 pages.

SF Other Publication, Box Art and related images Chapters - From here it gets tricky, in the US this is two seperate chapters, in the Japanese it's one so I'll just group them together, both clock in at 4 pages. Both have EGM's original Chun-Li/Blanka/Ryu cover and The US Sega Genesis covers of SF2 Special Champion Edition and Super SF2. In the English version, you only see the front of these two but in the Japanese you see front and back of both. They also have the Super SF2 3DO Game cover, and SF2 Arcade Instructions.

Japanese - Sakura ad for the Tokyo Game Show '96. A SFZ2 ad. 2 drawings of random SF2 background stuff - Elephant, Car, Samurai Armor, etc. The SF2 Animated Movie Game. Ryu ad for 96'Aou Show Line and some sort of Japanese map.

English - SF Storytelling Game Cover from White Wolf. Living Room Games Capcom World Tournament RPG Rulebook. SFA2, SFA3 and SFAC Strategy Guide covers. 3 Gamepro Covers, one with original art of Zangief, Blanka and Ken. Joe Maduriera's PSM SFZ3 cover of Ryu, Chun-Li, Karin and Blanka. Turbo Grafx Fighting Street US front and back cover. SF2 Collection front and back cover for Saturn. Super Nes front and back covers of the original SF2, Turbo and Super. PS2 covers of SF Alpha 1, 2, and 3. SF3 Third Strike Dreamcast Cover. Super SF2 Ad. Gameboy covers of SF2 Revival and SFA 3.

Street Fighter Series Description Chapter - Exclusive to the Japanese Version. Shows drawings for all the SF Games already in the book and extremely brief descriptions. 2 Pages.

Capcom & Udon Roundtable Interview 2004 San Diego Convention - Exclusive to the English Version. Interview with Shoei and Kinu Nishimura. Picture of the entire Udon Staff. Sketch of 2 Chun-Lis done by Kinu Nishimura and Arnold Tsang. 4 pages.

English Version has 3 pages of ads. One for the SF Comic and teo for the Darkstalkers Comic.

And that's it. I tried to be partial so you can see both and decide if you want both or just one, or if you have the Japanese version if you should buy the English Version as well, or if you are going to purchase the English one you can see what you are missing/getting. Thanks for the kind words thus far! Now off to sleep.

EDIT: Thanks to Shingo the One for the correction!

[this message was edited by Sano on Fri 14 Jan 23:38]

Lupin
2850th Post

"Re(1):Compairing the Japanese and US Versions" , posted Fri 14 Jan 13:31post reply

quote:
'SFEC Fixes' to tell them about it rather than Post it on a Thread

Hm I can understand why he wouldn't want people talking posting them

Can you e. me them please? lupin at artificialeclipse.com
quote:
And that's it. I tried to be partial so you can see both and decide if you want both or just one, or if you have the Japanese version if you should buy the English Version as well, or if you are going to purchase the English one you can see what you are missing/getting. Thanks for the kind words thus far! Now off to sleep.

I'm a glutton for Capcom/SNK fighting games so I'll probably buy both anyway

Sano
1379th Post

"Fixing the errors in the book" , posted Fri 14 Jan 22:13post reply

quote:

Thatīs so Udon.

Actually this is so Beto, LOL!

Udon is going to create a SFEC errata section on there website where they can list any any corrections and people can print it out and stick it in the book if they want, just in case there's not enough sales to warrant an improved version. So far sales seem good from what I can tell, but it's early.

Shingo The One
344th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Fixing the errors in the book" , posted Fri 14 Jan 22:33:post reply

quote:

Thatīs so Udon.

Actually this is so Beto, LOL!

Udon is going to create a SFEC errata section on there website where they can list any any corrections and people can print it out and stick it in the book if they want, just in case there's not enough sales to warrant an improved version. So far sales seem good from what I can tell, but it's early.

Hey Sano, I so like the fact that in this particular guide, they put all the move names from Japanese to English.But I noticed that for Hadouken, you quoted that it means Wave Mition Strike, but that's an error, because it should be Wave Motion Strike.Hope this correction stands.Later.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

[this message was edited by Shingo The One on Fri 14 Jan 22:35]

Sano
1380th Post

"Re(2):Fixing the errors in the book" , posted Fri 14 Jan 23:34post reply

quote:

Hey Sano, I so like the fact that in this particular guide, they put all the move names from Japanese to English.But I noticed that for Hadouken, you quoted that it means Wave Mition Strike, but that's an error, because it should be Wave Motion Strike.Hope this correction stands.Later.

Oh, the book does say 'Motion', 'Mition' is my Typo. Thanks! I'll fix my Post.

Shingo The One
344th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Fixing the errors in the book" , posted Sat 15 Jan 00:00post reply

quote:

Oh, the book does say 'Motion', 'Mition' is my Typo. Thanks! I'll fix my Post.

You're welcome man.It's always good to be of help.Peace out.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Sano
1382th Post

"Re(1):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Sat 15 Jan 01:25:post reply

quote:
The Plot Guide doesn't say what happened in SF2, but the book suggests when they discuss Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li, (as the three mainstays) that after Ken defeated Ryu he married Eliza. That would take Ryu out of the SF2 Tourney allowing Guile or Chun-Li to win (Ken prolly dropping out after his win, much like he dropped out of the SF3 Tourney when Ryu was disqualified, he only enters these tourneys to fight Ryu.) Ryu defeats Ken in SF3 Third Strike anyways so their friendly rivalry remains intact.

As up and coming SF Storyline person Mohammeda1i pointed out to me, it doesn't say that Ken defeated Ryu during the Tourney as this most likely refers to when Ken defeated Ryu in SFZ2 to give him the red headband. And of course he later marries Eliza, but much later. So again, the only thing we know for certain about SF2 is that Gouki kills Vega(Cape).

[this message was edited by Sano on Sat 15 Jan 02:07]

ZamIAm
1494th Post

"Re(5):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Sat 15 Jan 22:56post reply

quote:

Interesting.

"Come with it then!"

IkariDC
259th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Mon 17 Jan 03:19post reply

I'm really interested in this book, people outside of the US where/how should they get their hands on it?

Do you think it's selling that well so it might get sold out?

Do you think that the book needs many corrections so it deserves/needs an updated/improved version?

Or is is that if it sells that well it might get the forementioned update/improvement?

I just want to get the book, but if it's going to get a better release...

Thanks in advance.

Sano
1392th Post

"Re(7):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Mon 17 Jan 07:09:post reply

quote:
I'm really interested in this book, people outside of the US where/how should they get their hands on it?

Do you think it's selling that well so it might get sold out?

Do you think that the book needs many corrections so it deserves/needs an updated/improved version?

Or is is that if it sells that well it might get the forementioned update/improvement?

I just want to get the book, but if it's going to get a better release...

Thanks in advance.

The errors are not so bad that it harms the book much, a lot of them are Capcom of Japan's fault that wound up getting translated. You'll find most of these errors in the Games History Section and if you know anything about SF you'll pick them out right away. Other than that, typos and such occur.

Does it need an improved version? Yes. Will it get one? It's very early to tell. It seems to be selling well, but weither or not anything comic book related is re-released is based on pre-orders. In the ideal world it would be based on sales, IE if the books sell out, the comic book stores order more books, but they have thus far been terrible with doing this with SF and Udon Books, despite the fact many times over and over books sell out in stores yet they refuse to order more, rather ordering more copies of anything DC or Marvel related.

In short, I hate to give you bad advice and tell you to order the book now if an error-less book comes out. But I still suggest you order it now. If you wish you can definitly wait a year and see what happens. But that's dangerous in itself because if for any reason Udon goes out of business, (Dreamwave just said bye bye, Udon created a Thread asking the fans to help them increase sales, SF is like # 86 of the top 100 books, if it slips too low like 100 something they will have problems, these are dangerous times...) this may turn into another Capcom Illustrations or all of the SF Masahiko Nakahira Mangas fiasco where no one can get an original version (those sold on Ebay of Capcom Illustrations are terribly made copies. If you hold them up to an original they suck.) since Gamest Co. went out of business. (came back as Arcadia later on.) However, so far the Sakura Ganbaru! Manga has been rereleased, and there's Capcom Early Days to swap Illustrations (not exactly the same, but has most of the Illustrations stuff plus new stuff) but this is all in Japan where these books sell.

My experience as a Street Fighter collector has taught me one thing. If you see it, buy it if you can, if you don't, turn around and there's a chance it will be gone like those SF Resaurus toys... Heck, even those Sota Toys are difficult to spot in stores... but you can get them Online, just be prepared to wait for a loooooong time.

You can order a copy through Ruppsworld or Hero Fix. Be warned my Pre-ordered copy of the book from Hero Fix still has not come in... Sometimes I wish I became a Treky so I could get every single Star Trek thing I wanted very easily. Of course I'd buy too much Star Trek stuff, then I'd be broke and I couldn't afford to be talking to you guys Online unless we all used the string and can system, so it all worked out I guess.

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 18 Jan 16:40]

IkariDC
260th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Tue 18 Jan 05:33post reply

Got it, so I should get the book as soon as posible! Thanks for all the information, and thanks for being as reliable as always. I didn't know about the sales of the SF comics and about Dreamwave doing so poorly! You did surprise me when you said Arcadia is the former gamest! Didn't know about that one either!

Sano
1393th Post

"Re(9):Checking SF Eternal against the SF Plot" , posted Wed 19 Jan 06:43:post reply

quote:
Got it, so I should get the book as soon as posible! Thanks for all the information, and thanks for being as reliable as always. I didn't know about the sales of the SF comics and about Dreamwave doing so poorly! You did surprise me when you said Arcadia is the former gamest! Didn't know about that one either!

Glad I could be of help. I just got the copy I ordered from Hero Fix, but now it's my second copy. Considering I made this purchase in less than 5 minutes Online with my Paypal account, and it's only six days late I'd say their pretty good. Still, I couldn't wait so I had the book reserved at a Comic Shop as a back up. Ah well, one copy to look through, one to save. Here's the link -

http://www.herofix.com/HeroFixComics/index.asp

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 19 Jan 06:44]

Sano
1394th Post

"Darkstalkers Issue 2 sells out!" , posted Wed 19 Jan 09:56:post reply

Things may be turning around for Udon though. Just like Issue 1 of Darkstalkers, issue 2 has also sold out! (Only the first issue of SF has sold out.) Let's hope they can keep the momentum up for many years to come!

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2069624&posted=1#post2069624

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 19 Jan 10:14]

Digitalboy
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"The Terrible Two's Curse" , posted Wed 19 Jan 15:30post reply

This is what happens when dealers under order the second issue of any series. <BAM> Instant sell out!

I should have bought myself a copy when I had the chance. I wonder if midtowncomics.com still have this item...hhhmmm...

Sano
1396th Post

"Re(1):The Terrible Two's Curse" , posted Wed 19 Jan 23:41post reply

quote:
This is what happens when dealers under order the second issue of any series. <BAM> Instant sell out!

I should have bought myself a copy when I had the chance. I wonder if midtowncomics.com still have this item...hhhmmm...

Yeah, they still have it since last I checked, Saturday. Small world, huh? ^_^