got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1886 Views )

Lupin
2802th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Thu 30 Dec 18:30:post reply

Hehe

Are you ready to hear things I didn't like about it?

omg did DeeJay get worse with age?
On the other hand if he was in the original SF2 would he be more playable now?

Controls feel clunky...need to buy a joystick.

SF3 3rd has some of the worse sound track ( some of the music is bad, I liked a few), bad reminds me of the drum loops SFZ3 called a sound track. And after Street Fighter Zero Two was so good! I'd never heard of the guy who did the rapping in SF3 3rd before or after the game. Was this his only work then he quit rapping?

What I liked:
2 games and a Street Fighter 2 movie for the price of one game!

More later =)

edit: some of sound track is bad

[this message was edited by Lupin on Fri 31 Dec 01:50]

Replies:

Sano
1353th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Fri 31 Dec 01:33:post reply

Just curious. Which SF3 Soundtrack? The one that you hear when you turn on the Game is the remixed version made for the Dreamcast. You can switch to the Arcade Soundtrack. I prefer the Arcade Soundtrack, but the Dreamcast version has some good mixes. I was just pissed at the remixed version when they chaanged the openings of Yun and Yang's stage and Remy's stage! I mostly play with the Arcade track, but Dudley's third round remix is Top Tier.

Or do you just mean you hate the Soundtrack all together? It's my favorite ST in a fighter,(Arcade Version) but to each his own I guess. Perhaps it'll grow on you over time. Or not. Still beats the 4 songs they had for MVC2... On the DC Version the music was cut up into three parts, one track for each round. For the PS2, the transition seems hella akward, the Arcade Version flows better, just like the Arcade. Makes it seem like one track as opposed to three.

The rap group is Infinite. I hear they release albums in Japan. There are lots of Hip Hop Musicians who can't catch a break in the US but are famous in Asia. Heh, heh. When I went to Japan I saw Jeru the Damaja perform with a Rap Group called Swordfish. Jeru is pretty much forgotten in the States. He's most famous here for "Come Clean."

[this message was edited by Sano on Fri 31 Dec 01:35]

Lupin
2801th Post

"Re(2):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Fri 31 Dec 01:42post reply

quote:
Just curious. Which SF3 Soundtrack? The one that you hear when you turn on the Game is the remixed version made for the Dreamcast. You can switch to the Arcade Soundtrack. I prefer the Arcade Soundtrack, but the Dreamcast version has some good mixes. I was just pissed at the remixed version when they chaanged the openings of Yun and Yang's stage and Remy's stage! I mostly play with the Arcade track, but Dudley's third round remix is Top Tier.

Or do you just mean you hate the Soundtrack all together? It's my favorite ST in a fighter,(Arcade Version) but to each his own I guess. Perhaps it'll grow on you over time. Or not. Still beats the 4 songs they had for MVC2... On the DC Version the music was cut up into three parts, one track for each round. For the PS2, the transition seems hella akward, the Arcade Version flows better, just like the Arcade. Makes it seem like one track as opposed to three.

The rap group is Infinite. I hear they release albums in Japan. There are lots of Hip Hop Musicians who can't catch a break in the US but are famous in Asia. Heh, heh. When I went to Japan I saw Jeru the Damaja perform with a Rap Group called Swordfish. Jeru is pretty much forgotten in the States. He's most famous here for "Come Clean."

More specifically, some of the music on SF3 3rd is ungood. I like a few. More later after work.

KTallguy
452th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Fri 31 Dec 04:46post reply

I really enjoyed the SF3 3rd Strike soundtrack. Its a different feel than the other games, but that's part of the charm... I really like the Yun/Yang, Makoto, and Dudley stage music, but the best has got to be Q's theme =)

Then again, nothing is getting as much listening time as the Katamary Damacy OST right now... some of the best game music I've heard in forever...

Support the Strongest Cooperation! Ibuki and Genjuro!
"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

biggsyke
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Fri 31 Dec 11:46post reply

quote:

Hey don't forget "Ain't the Devil Happy" and "Ya Playin Yaself". Classics.
Anyone who disses Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Atrocious Sampler is a fan of mine.

And I hope everything is going well in the tsunami zone.

"Meet me at the fork in the road where the lost souls are indecisive. Meet me at the crossroads so I can have someone to walk into the light with..." - Sage Francis Crack Pipes

Iron D
2582th Post

"Re(3):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Fri 31 Dec 13:41post reply

quote:

Anyone who disses Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Atrocious Sampler is a fan of mine.

Ugh. Just...ugh.

In any case, I actually had no idea that the DC music was different from the arcade version. That's because I can't hear the arcade version in the arcade, since it's so loud at all the arcades I play at.

As far as the DC 3rd Strike goes, it's one of my favorite soundtracks to any game ever.

Zelkin. Pimped.

Lupin
2802th Post

"Re(2):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Fri 31 Dec 16:23post reply

I mostly didn't like the part with Infinate. Is that him doing the announcing too? Who ever it is is not good at doing the announcing, in fact he's annoying. But or cource that's not the first game with an annoying announcer.
Then sometimes they have him rapping over his announcing, maybe they don't care if we hear either.

The only reasons a rapper couldn't make it in the U.S is if that rapper is incredibly, incredibly bad at rapping, or if the rapper caved in to gangster bitches pushing him out of the country. (This is of cource assuming the rapper is willing to put the proper work in, such as playing the music industry games, paying off deejays to play his noise, and so forth.)

So I have no personal issue with this Infinate guy's talent, but I think Capcom probably could have taken a better approach, for my tastes. They could have put in better rapping too.

I like some of theme under the rapping..

Some of the tracks I like more like the N.Y. theme especially.

I'm still listening to the difference in the AST and the original. Actually I only played SF3 seriously for like a couple month, then I didn't really play it much until now.... And the arcade wasn't prime sound track listening ground.

quote:
Perhaps it'll grow on you over time.
Perhaps!

Here's the rap sheet.

Makoto is kind of fun to play as, but I haven't tuned into her personality yet. Playing this karate girl is sort of SNKish.

HAYATO
172th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Fri 31 Dec 18:55post reply

I can't stand those rap alike tunes of SFIII 3rd Strike, I prefer those quiet tracks from SFIII 1st. This game had also great features as Elena's original stage, and the great winning pictures. I felt really dissapointed when I saw them removed for 3rd Strike (I don't know whether they were in 2nd Impact or not, as I didn't play it...).

GekigangerV
1026th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Sat 1 Jan 05:32post reply

On a slightly related note, I heard that the X-box version of Anniversart Collection is region free. Can anyone here confirm that, and if it is does the Japanese version of the game come with the uncut animated movie?

Pollyanna
706th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Sat 1 Jan 05:46post reply

quote:
On a slightly related note, I heard that the X-box version of Anniversart Collection is region free. Can anyone here confirm that, and if it is does the Japanese version of the game come with the uncut animated movie?

The Japanese version didn't come with the movie, did it?
I'm still sad that most Americans haven't seen the SF movie with its original soundtrack.

Sano
1356th Post

"Re(5):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Sat 1 Jan 06:28post reply

quote:

The X-Box version was region free, Capcom of Japan realized this and recalled it. But yeah, some got their hands on it and are playing it on the US X-Box, not many though since Capcom caught on fairly early.

Don't know about the Movie on X-Box however. As you probably know, on the PS2 in Japan they were two seperate games, only HSF2AE came with the Movie. Oh, and on an unrelated note, in Korea for the PS2 they got it as a collection with both games, no movie and they got it just a bit earlier than the US.

EddyT
382th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Sat 1 Jan 12:01post reply

quote:

Don't know about the Movie on X-Box however. As you probably know, on the PS2 in Japan they were two seperate games, only HSF2AE came with the Movie. Oh, and on an unrelated note, in Korea for the PS2 they got it as a collection with both games, no movie and they got it just a bit earlier than the US.

The SF2 Anime is on the XBox JPN version, but it's the crappy US version that's got the horrible voice acting. It probably has the soundtrack by Korn and KFMDM, but I didn't play it long enough to find out.

Lupin
2804th Post

"Re(7):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Sat 1 Jan 15:25post reply

quote:

The SF2 Anime is on the XBox JPN version, but it's the crappy US version that's got the horrible voice acting. It probably has the soundtrack by Korn and KFMDM, but I didn't play it long enough to find out.

I saw the original Japanese language Street Fighter film first, then later they released the new version where they felt they needed to replace the soundtrack with...Well I didn't want to see a movie headlining Silverchair.

IkariDC
235th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Sun 2 Jan 00:14post reply

I agree that it's a crime not watching the movie with the original japanese soundtrack and voices, but the Vega Vs ChunLi scene is just not the same without KFMDM's song.

ONSLAUGHT
3169th Post

"Re(9):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Sun 2 Jan 01:21post reply

quote:
but the Vega Vs ChunLi scene is just not the same without KFMDM's song.

Agreed

ZamIAm
1483th Post

"Re(4):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Sun 2 Jan 08:10post reply

quote:
As far as the DC 3rd Strike goes, it's one of my favorite soundtracks to any game ever.

Ditto to that. I actually own the US release of the 3rd Strike soundtrack that came out a while ago (don't own SFAC).

"Come with it then!"

Iron D
2583th Post

"Re(5):got S.F. Anniversary Collection hehe" , posted Mon 3 Jan 11:31post reply

quote:

Ditto to that. I actually own the US release of the 3rd Strike soundtrack that came out a while ago (don't own SFAC).

Yeah. I mean, the whole point of SF3's soundtrack was to give 3rd Strike more of an "urban" feel, and it did just that. I'm not even the biggest fan of rap (at least, not the crap that we've been deluged with lately), but the soundtrack just freakin' rules. Variety, style, and real reflections of the stages they belong to.

On a related note, I also love the SFA3 soundtrack with few exceptions, and while I loved the SFA2 soundtrack, when it comes to the SFA versions of the songs that were remixed in A2, I prefer the A1 versions.

Zelkin. Pimped.